Are there any job prospects for a person with an Associates in Radiation Therapy with a BA in psych

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Kelly Ann in Lake In The Hills, Illinois

29 months ago

So I have looked into Radiation Therapy and am really interested in the field but I know that jobs at the moment are scares. I was wondering what my realistic job chances are if I was to go and get an associated in Radiation Therapy combined with my current BA in psychology. I can't afford to go back at the moment and get a completely different degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shiloh Litton in Salisbury, Maryland

28 months ago

Kelly Ann in Lake In The Hills, Illinois said: So I have looked into Radiation Therapy and am really interested in the field but I know that jobs at the moment are scares. I was wondering what my realistic job chances are if I was to go and get an associated in Radiation Therapy combined with my current BA in psychology. I can't afford to go back at the moment and get a completely different degree.

Having a BA doesn't really help you in getting a position initially. But it will help you in the future when looking at management positions. The job outlook right now for radiation therapy is poor, but according to a colleague of mine who travels, it is starting to look a little better. I graduated 8/09. There were 30 in my class. 10 were already x-ray techs, and some who weren't had Bachelor's degrees in other areas. Some of us got jobs right away. It took me 2 years to the day, and there are still at least 2 that haven't been able to find anything. It is hard and being open to relocating greatly increases your chances of finding something. It is an extremely rewarding career and I am so thankful everyday that I stuck with my job search until I did find something. Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.