Rad Tech Salary

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 138 of 138)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

Kiko in Los Angeles, California

47 months ago

JCG in Panorama City, California said: why would you have more education than me? we both have a bachellors do we not? i have a bachellors in the field you are trying to get a job in, whilst you have a bachellors in... psych? wtf?...

good luck with your superiority complex, im sure you'll need it

If you both have degrees you two should learn how to spell better!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

huggiebear1979 in Wichita Falls, Texas

47 months ago

sorry if this is in the wrong place, meant to post for everyone to see..I'm currently a nursing student but thinking about switching to Radiology-I've heard that jobs are hard to come by though, is that true for ALL of the United States or just certain areas? I don't mind moving...also is there a chance for progression in the field? Would like to learn new things and don't want it to become a job that there is nothing new to learn after 5 years...also for the posts who believe the market has become over saturated, what health care professions do you suggest instead?

What school did you attend to?

1767 in Honolulu, Hawaii

46 months ago

Just wanted some feedback: I have been planning on going through a rad tech program for quite some time now. Straight A's for all of the program Pre-req's guarantees a Hawaii resident into the only program offered here in Honolulu, where I live. Trying to fit school in while working, has been a challenge, and because of it it has taken me a lot longer than anticipated. But I am finally here, and will be submitting my application in the next few weeks.

I am currently working in the art industry, and am an Art Coordinator for a Contemporary Surf Art Gallery in Waikiki, as well as a design consultant for the states largest custom framing company. I already had a BA in Psychology. My current combined incomes total out to about $46,000 ($24/hr) a year plus benefits. I was planning on moving to California after finishing the 2 year AART Accredited RT program for an AS. The job market situation was in a very different place, when I had initially decided to aim for the program. The pre-req's for most health programs are very similar, which means I still have the option of considering other programs.

-Is this still a smart decision to proceed with the entrance process for the RT Program?
-With the job market situation the way that it is, are there any other health programs I should consider before doing so?
-Does anyone know how the job market for Rad Tech's specifically in the San Francisco area, is looking at the moment?

I appreciate your input!

annyli in San Jose, California

46 months ago

warning in Cleveland, Ohio said: oh and in case your curious, that $60,000 salary average on this site is the biggest joke I've ever seen in my life. expect to start anywhere from $17-20 per hr...IF YOU GET A JOB.

To explain the discrepancy in salaray here...
60k is more CA salary since CA's cost of living is higher. I know bc I've interviewed many RTs in the SF area. At private hospitals where I am doing my internship, the RTs with fluoro and mammo licensce are making over $40 an hour. Most techs here need to have both Mammo and fluoro in order to be marketeable.

Keep in mind though, in SF area, there's like almost 10% sales taxes, State income taxes in addition to all the federal taxes..and a good house here (single family home) in the main city or surrounding areas is like minimum 400,000. The techs that have a big house here either lived here since forever (back when the houses were really cheap) or have 2 full time jobs or evening shifts to be able to afford a decent home. Here, RTs cannot afford to have a stay at home wife..lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BombayJay in Los Angeles, California

45 months ago

Wow. I started reading this post from the very beginning, and this Jilly person is an absolute moron! Anyways, I work as a technologist in CA and get paid about 70,000 a year. If you're a limited licensed technician, then yes, expect to start at $17-20/hr or less. All you people who disagree with the pay either don't know because you don't work in the field, don't live in CA, or are limited licensed technicians. That's different from a full licensed technologist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

sam in Chicago, Illinois

45 months ago

I am looking for either CT tech or MRI tech position around Torrance, CA. Anyone knows which hospital hiring.Please email me thanks in advance.

Rob in Great Neck, New York

45 months ago

Hey Bombay! Thanks for your post! I just got into a school here in NY for a Radiological Technician program! Im glad that someone who is actually in the field decided to speak up and put all these rumors and negative comments to rest! How long have you been an RT for? Have you cross-trained into any other program? Why or why not? And also, is the pay around the same for RT's in NY? Thanks in advance my friend =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gar in Pasadena, California

45 months ago

Lol. So I bumped into this thread from Google results and the conversation between Jlly and JCG piqued my interest. I have to say it sounds like Jlly is the arrogant one. JCG seems passionate about his/her work and did bring up an appropriate answer. In the medical field as a tech, education (whether it be BS in Economy or Engineering, etc) does not play a role in determining your starting pay. Level of education only determines your position in the long-run. It's called chain of command. If you're really hoping for a high pay grade starting out then good luck. Even medical residents don't make that much compared in their years of residency compared to the attendings. So with that said, it just seems that JCG is trying to provide insight and Jlly doesn't want that specific answer, but instead one that agrees with his/her opinion better.

It also seems Jlly just wants the "administrative" aspect of RadTech with that retail management position he/she mentioned. Again, Jlly doesn't seem to have the passion in RadTech work that JCG has.

With that said, my sister also got out of an RT program about 2 yrs ago. She makes about $38hr and somewhere around $78k before taxes. It was easy for her to get a job after though since KP was her training site, and she's been a KP employee for 13 yrs before the program. According to her, it's all about networking and making contacts. Like JCG also said, the job market is tough with this economy and it's going to be very difficult to find something with hiring freezes. If you look at the national registries, you'll see that there are thousands of people graduating and getting their licenses in your neighborhood. You're competing against that for each job posting you see.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Again, your type of education doesn't matter as a tech the hospital/medical industry. It's more about the level of education, and even so, a bachelor's is all that's needed to become Manager or Admin. You'd still need years of experience as a tech before a hospital will even give you that Manager/Admin position. Higher positions such as Director requires an MD. That's the requirement as far as it goes for CoC. And like others have mentioned, hospitals are looking for years of direct-experience. Your 10 yrs of customer service does not translate to 10 years of patient care experience. 2 years of clinical training does not equal 2 years of related-work experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

well said Gar...and what do you do if you dont mind me asking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Rob in Great Neck, New York said: well said Gar...and what do you do if you dont mind me asking?

Since you asked what I do I'll give you the run-down. I'm actually an RT. I got into RT backwards. I got a BS in Microbio but been in IT for 8 years before that. Getting work in biotech wasn't ideal (mostly QA/QC) so I got a CPT license since I had experience drawing blood from animals. Humans can't be that much harder. While doing CPT evenings, I did the RT program and came out with my CRT. I do CRT days and part time evenings retail salesfloor at Target.

It's not bad. Target and the hospital I'm at is 9 minutes away from home local driving distance.

I want to reemphasize my stance on education and getting that 'admin' job. Working in healthcare isn't the same as working in retails (knowing that from Target). In retail, your college diploma determines your starting salary regardless of experience. This is the opposite in healthcare. There are a bunch of straight-outta-college Executive Team Leads in my store that are making $47,500 annually 55+ hrs a week thinking they're all "bad-ass" compared to the peons. Well, the peons have more experience than the ETLs and these "Execs" are clueless most of the time.

If you want that manager job in healthcare in a hospital setting, I'm sorry but it's strictly DORE (depending on related experience). They don't need clueless straight-outta-college execs running an entire clinical outpatient dept.

Larry in Wappingers Falls, New York

43 months ago

DLS57 in Venice, Florida said: Marianne, My School is overpriced, understaffed and has crapy equiptment. They give you far to little for your money but they keep pumping them out as long as we keep paying. Your education is what you make of it after all, no matter where you go. There are extensive waiting periods now before one can start an RT prgrm. and in some cases even a lottery.Where I you, I'd opt for Sonography, Mamo, Nuc. Med., Rad. Therapy . Post that info. RE: online courses and check thier accreditation.
Good Luck to all of us.

***And here I was thinking it was just ME! I HAD been a RT student at a SUNY (St Univ of NY) college, maintaining a 3.85cqpa even though I drove 2hrs round-trip to work a 40hr/wk 'temp' job in the computer industry.***
I'd completed all the courses except the clinicals but was denied a seat in those due to their (non-existent) 'waiting list'. With no classes available to me I suggested taking a year off until they DID have a seat available. My advisors countered that - threatening to deny me enrollment if I took that option. ***
Instead they offered me the option of switching majors (for a year), staying enrolled and receiving financial aid (through FAFSA) until that seat became available. I countered this was fraud under at least 2 federal statutes and refused. They then 're-evaluated' my cqpa telling me my academic progress was SO unsatisfactory that they had to disqualify me for ANY financial aid. (my first year in college in 30 years)***
IF I intended to continue my studies I'd have to pay all costs out of pocket or apply for an un-subsidized loan and I'd STILL have to enroll in meaningless irrelevant classes for a year after which "we'll consider allowing your to enroll in the clinical classes". ***
I filed student grievances with all the officials listed in the SUNY catalog and was denied by all. Any HONEST schools out there?

Larry in Wappingers Falls, New York

43 months ago

Lily in New Jersey in Le Chesnay, France said: Hi, I am 47, and have started school again. I have switched gears, and I'm ub Radiology Tech program. I find it very interesting. I enjoy the program, but worry due to my age of recieving a job. I'm not worried about making lots of money just a steady position with benefits. Don't get me wrong it would be nice,but not realistic at this age of the game. I want to support my family. With the crisis in the economy I have become the bread winner. I want to be able to have a fair shot when I finish year. What are your thoughts.

Thank you

Thanks for writing. I was actually planning to emigrate TO France (if I could) to work as a Rad-Tech (or whatever it's called there).
Any guidance/information is greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately corruption in the corridors of New York higher education have side tracked me for the moment. (see my other post) Hoping my criminal complaint to the NY state Office of Inspector General will yield fruit.

43 months ago

why do you people get into such weird situations...I dont understand..How does this happen to you? Like the person who said " There was no room for me in clinicals..." ... Is this how you have lived all your life? You need to communicate better with the people that are ACTUALLY in charge of the program..You telling me you went to your "advisors" shows that you have no idea about communicating. You need to push hard to get what you want. You can't expect them to give you a free path...And if they were doing anything wrong they would fix it right away, not threaten YOU! Believe me, any school would not want a student to file a complain with the state or even bring it to the media...With the story you are saying, i'de definitely think there is something wrong with you. If not, take your story to someone or some place who will actually follow up on the complaint...I really dont believe that you would sit here and make it sound like you are being honest about everything and all those people in the school are being dishonest....especially about something like you completing all your classes but not being able to get into clinicals....what a bunch of bolony.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

as in Mission Viejo, California

42 months ago

I have a B.S. in Business Management, which will eventually help me move ahead, but as a xray grad last year with an A.S., I'm having a heck of a time finding a job. Because of the economy, most places are requiring 2-3 years on the job experience (not including the 2 years clinical training). When I first started my program, jobs for new grads were abundant. It's a catch 22. And unfortunately, an Xray Technologist in Calif. is not allowed to "volunteer" to keep up their skills like a nurse is allowed to.

I am still on the wait list for community college rad tech program in orange county while finishing my BS in Public Health at UC Irvine. Do you think jobs will open up in the next few years??? I think every one in any field is having an awful time finding a job after college...that's the consensus from all my friends who graduated in engineering/biology and other majors. Nursing is not the way to go...they can't find jobs either (bad economy, hiring freezes at hospitals, and workforce is full of foreign trained nurses ) and it's impossible to get into any public university programs therefore you would have to pay 40,000 or more besides anyone I know who's been working in the field hates the job. It seems the best degree would be engineering since my friends were able to get hi paying jobs within a few months, except I suck at Physics.

Rtpanda in Santa Monica, California

42 months ago

I wouldn't exactly say nurses can't find any jobs. They can. Like I say to other people, RNs are the marines of healthcare, they're everywhere and can do almost everything. The problem is as an RN, do you want to settle for pay that's lower than the average? Cuz those kinds of RN jobs are everywhere. As for radtech, if you were an outstanding student tech at your clinical site, they would most likely offer you a position after the training (provided they werent on a hiring freeze).

I'd expect the job market to be tough for the next 3-4 years, especially since corporates are less likely to do the same mistake of hiring so many and paying so much. After one obstacle, they'll more likely try to conserve how much they can spend in case another crisis happens soon. Of course this Is made worse with that possible healthcare bill if it passes, as hospitals will have less income to work with.

I also would say it's a given that electrical engineering will get u a job. It's not a particularly easy major to complete. Most drop out and change majors.

maria10 in Saint-germain-en-laye, France

42 months ago

I am almost done with my pre-req's and since I'm older meaning 40 in entering this field wanted to know any suggestion's on which direction I should go. I was thinking about Rad Tech or Ultrasound Tech. I still have a way's to go, but I will take my entrance exam "Hobit" in April to be excepted did anyone take this exam, and was it extremely difficult. I think I spelled it right. Thank you for any feedback.

lp115lp in Middletown, New York

42 months ago

Rob in Great Neck, New York said: why do you people get into such weird situations...I dont understand..How does this happen to you? Like the person who said " There was no room for me in clinicals..." ... Is this how you have lived all your life? You need to communicate better with the people that are ACTUALLY in charge of the program..You telling me you went to your "advisors" shows that you have no idea about communicating. You need to push hard to get what you want. You can't expect them to give you a free path...And if they were doing anything wrong they would fix it right away, not threaten YOU! Believe me, any school would not want a student to file a complain with the state or even bring it to the media...With the story you are saying, i'de definitely think there is something wrong with you. If not, take your story to someone or some place who will actually follow up on the complaint...I really dont believe that you would sit here and make it sound like you are being honest about everything and all those people in the school are being dishonest....especially about something like you completing all your classes but not being able to get into clinicals....what a bunch of bolony.

What, precisely, do YOU mean by "You need to push hard to get what you want."? I rationally followed the documented procedures outlined in the SUNY catalog and was denied satisfaction. I adhered to the Statutes of Limitations cited IN those procedures and SUNY officials neglected to do likewise.

I kept copies of MINE and THEIR documentation as well as US Postal Service official documentation (to establish and prove 'timeliness' and 'Effective Notice'.

Are you implying I should've THREATENED these NY state officials? 'Pushing hard' CAN be interpreted as 'shoving' you know. Ask any grade school official who has dealt with 'bullies'.

42 months ago

Rob in Great Neck, New York said: And if they were doing anything wrong they would fix it right away, not threaten YOU! Believe me, any school would not want a student to file a complain with the state or even bring it to the media...especially about something like you completing all your classes but not being able to get into clinicals....what a bunch of bologna(sic).

I'm not the only person they've done this to. I know at least 2 other 'adult' Rad-Tech students (1 in MY classes) who were also denied entry into the clinicals after completing all other classes AND threatened with denial of re-enrollment IF they took time off due to lack of applicable classes (to the Rad-Tech program). And ONE was a 40yr old retired NYPD officer!
-----As for the media: WHO in 'the media' might I bring this to - got a name? All offers to 'bring' this have resulted in refusals.
-----As for law enforcement: NYS AG (NOW Governor) Andrew Cuomo refused to investigate SUNY citing 'conflict of interest'(I can post you a copy of his letter if you like) even though in a YouTube video (see below) he testified before Congress he already HAD for his 'Preditory Lender' campaign.

The US Attorneys in White Plains (Southern District) and NYC simply refused even though I (thru documentation and witnesses) can prove THEIR violations of 2 Federal felony statutes (Titles 18 & 31 USC).

(See - www.youtube.com/watch?v=NejE6c-5n_U (at 9:30 minutes)

42 months ago

Rob in Great Neck, New York said: And if they were doing anything wrong they would fix it right away, take your story to someone or some place who will actually follow up on the complaint...

FYI: I worked as a tech on the Hubble Space Telescope project back in 1985 testing guidance systems AND the primary mirror (the BIG one). I reported the polishing flaw and nothing was done until after the launch 5 years later ("they would fix it right away").

I called, wrote/visited my NYS federal legislator/senators to seek justice for YOU - the taxpayer. None of them did anything. NASA OIG (Office of Inspector General) officials told me NO ONE had told them about my claims - even though 'by law' elected officials (and their staffs) are legally bound to report any claims of felony crime to the appropriate enforcement authorities.

I offered to testify before Congress and was refused. When NASA OIG testified they left out the results of the investigation into the 'attempted sabotage' they conducted back in '85. They also left out the 'time card fraud' in-which over 400 employees were claiming their time to the HST project in the OTA group even though there were only 24 people IN that group (me being one of them).

NASA's investigator Debbie Miller swore "We questioned all the people who worked there at the time" even though NASA OIG never questioned ME or any of my co-workers - only upper level management.

Hughes (prime contractor on the HST along with Lockheed) received a waiver from Bill Clinton and Janet Reno protecting it from 'FFCA' (Federal False Claims Act) lawsuits costing the taxpayers over 3/4 of a BILLION $$ in fines. Hughes ALSO gave millions to GOP & Dem elected officials in the 1996 elections.

".. take your story to someone or some place who will actually follow up" and WHOM might that be? Elected officials are more afraid of angry civil service employees who vote (ie: SUNY) than criminal charges.

lou in Shelbyville, Indiana

39 months ago

jllybean65 in Potsdam, New York said: I am just about to graduate with a bachelor's degree is psych, and have been accepted into a rad tech program this fall. Will my BA degree give me a leg up over others without? And would I start out with a higher salary than other rad techs without a BA? If so, about how much more?

Your BA would definitely help you land a job as a rad tech, which is a great advantage in this economy. It depends on the facility when it comes to better pay for having a BA. The greatest advantage this could have for you is if you ever intend on teaching in the radiology field such as a Clinical Instructor (CI). Many if not most programs are requiring CI's to have a BA of some sort to teach. The fact that your BA is in psych may help you in more ways than you can even imagine though. Trying to talk unwilling patients into doing what we need to do exams can be a major psych challange (not to mention dealing with co-workers =-). Good luck to you.

Drones in Omaha, Nebraska

38 months ago

The median salary for x ray is about 45K toping out at 60K. starting salary is in the range of 38K.

CSN Student in Las Vegas, Nevada

38 months ago

Kb in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I haven't lost hope but it sure took a toll on me over the past several months thinking of all the time, sacrifice and dedication I committed towards my education. Anyway, I've sprung back to reality and appreciate your solace. I know it's not just me; it's everyone around us that's been affected no matter if you've just finished school looking for work or someone who's just lost their job. As for now I'm in the process of going back to school again lol. I might as well. It keeps me busy and focused if you can relate. Good luck with your studies!

Kb - Were you able to land a job as a Radiation Therapist? Times are tough right now for many job markets, but I wish you the best of luck! I am considering entrance into this program for the fall, but am reluctant. It would be nice to have a perspective from someone who was in the CSN program. Thanks!

L&L in Glendora, California

34 months ago

JCG in Panorama City, California said: yes, but as i have stated, it doesnt help in INITIAL hiring or PAY RAISE but what it does help with is LONG TERM commitments... i have stated this fact already, yet he or she refuses to believe what i say

Hi JCG,

Which program did you graduate from? Is it easy to get into a Rad tech program now? Any tricks for applications that you may share?

Tommy in Monroe, Louisiana

33 months ago

I just graduated RAD school with a BS 8 months ago, and actually before I graduated I landed a job at the local hospital starting at $34.56 per hour and I only have to work 6am-6pm Sat and 6-6pm Sunday (24hrs) but I get paid for 40hrs. Also I can work someone else's shift any day of the week I want and I get paid double time. My point is, there are jobs out there. I sent out applications all over the U.S. thinking I would be lucky to land a job 500 miles away from home, luckily I found a job at home and was contacted for 90% of the jobs I applied for. I went through school listening to this crap, and scared to death I waisted 5 years of my life because there would never be any jobs available but I love my job, it is a great job! And there are plenty more out there if you just look. These pep are negative, crabby, and full of bad advice, just continue your education and you will see the rewards when the time is right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mattiemjk in Naples, Florida

33 months ago

Tommy in Monroe, Louisiana said: I just graduated RAD school with a BS 8 months ago, and actually before I graduated I landed a job at the local hospital starting at $34.56 per hour and I only have to work 6am-6pm Sat and 6-6pm Sunday (24hrs) but I get paid for 40hrs. Also I can work someone else's shift any day of the week I want and I get paid double time. My point is, there are jobs out there. I sent out applications all over the U.S. thinking I would be lucky to land a job 500 miles away from home, luckily I found a job at home and was contacted for 90% of the jobs I applied for. I went through school listening to this crap, and scared to death I waisted 5 years of my life because there would never be any jobs available but I love my job, it is a great job! And there are plenty more out there if you just look. These pep are negative, crabby, and full of bad advice, just continue your education and you will see the rewards when the time is right.

Tommy, I think you are spinning a tale here. Your comments sound very similar to what a Program Director or College Counselor might say to a prospective or current student to lure them into their program. If you're telling the truth positions such as this are EXTREMELY rare. A starting wage of $34.56 hr for a new grad seems very high. Most veteran techs and department leads don't even make that much. You also say you work 24hrs a week and get paid for 40hrs plus double time whenever you want??? Sorry I don't believe you. So many prospective students have been lead to believe that there's a 'golden meal ticket'in Radiology Technology, then they graduate and find the only meal ticket is the one the get at the local soup kitchen. Call me negative, crabby, and full of bad advice, but at least I'm being honest about market conditions in Radiology Technology.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dlhughes13 in Pensacola, Florida

33 months ago

No jobs for new grads in NW Florida...I'm a new grad who had to relocate right after graduation. I've been contacted by 0% of places I've put in applications.

Drones in Omaha, Nebraska

33 months ago

With all do respect Tommy I don't believe a word you just said.

sam in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

I do not think anywhere is hiring Radiology tech for 34.56 hr for a new grad. I have 6 years of Rad Tech expereience and I do not even make $30 per hour.

RAD CTTECH in Gaylord, Michigan

32 months ago

sam in Chicago, Illinois said: I do not think anywhere is hiring Radiology tech for 34.56 hr for a new grad. I have 6 years of Rad Tech expereience and I do not even make $30 per hour.

I believe it...If you think outside the box on this comment you will realize that he gets a weekend premium for working. What that means is usually time and a half...you work 24 hours and get paid for 36 (just an example). So if he makes 22 dollars and hour at time and a half that is about 34 dollars and hour. Pretty typical for weekend workers, myself included!

sam in Chicago, Illinois

32 months ago

Please let me know which Hospital is Hiring Weekend Premium Technologist.
I am looking for the Jobs. I have RT.(R)(CT)(MR). Thanks in Advance.

"I believe it...If you think outside the box on this comment you will realize that he gets a weekend premium for working. What that means is usually time and a half...you work 24 hours and get paid for 36 (just an example). So if he makes 22 dollars and hour at time and a half that is about 34 dollars and hour. Pretty typical for weekend workers, myself included!"

mattiemjk in Florida

32 months ago

RAD CTTECH in Gaylord, Michigan said: I believe it...If you think outside the box on this comment you will realize that he gets a weekend premium for working. What that means is usually time and a half...you work 24 hours and get paid for 36 (just an example). So if he makes 22 dollars and hour at time and a half that is about 34 dollars and hour. Pretty typical for weekend workers, myself included!

point is positions like this are rare in this saturated Diagnostic Imaging and (Rad Tech) job market. A prospective, current student, or new grad shouldn't be led to believe that premium openings like this are "typical". Thinking outside the box - if a position were available (as stated above) I find it unlikely that a new grad fresh out of school would be offered the job, many experienced techs looking for work and in desperate need of hrs would jump at the chance for premium shifts right now. BTW in the original comment the person said they were paid double time for working extra shifts which is $69.12 hr - really! If positions such as this truely exist let me know, been in Diagnostic Imaging 10 yrs and have yet to see anything close to what the person is claiming above.

xrayglogirl from Chicago in Lakeville, Indiana

32 months ago

Thanks for your comment Sam. Like you,I live near Chicago and you would think finding a job would be easy. I've been laid-off for three years and am losing any hope of being re-employed in the field of radiology. Unfortunetly,I have always loved diagnostic,all the "bells and whistles" of other radiology fields I found to get extremely boring as the computer does all of the thinking. Although I have extensive mammo. and C.T. experience as well as 30 years in the field I can't find a job. If anyone knows of any leads in the Chicago area,please write back. TY!!!

SAM in Glen Ellyn, Illinois

32 months ago

can you give me your email address so I will give it to my agency manager. Not good pay but at least I make some money.

xrayglogirl from Chicago in Lakeville, Indiana

32 months ago

note to all-please don't send me any e-mails-but Sam. I'm xrayglogirl40@yahoo.com

SAM in Chicago, Illinois

32 months ago

xrayglogirl from Chicago in Lakeville, Indiana said: note to all-please don't send me any e-mails-but Sam. I'm xrayglogirl40@yahoo.com

Please try compuray imaing agency. www.compuraymedical.net/diagnostic_imaging.html
Please let me know how it go

MarioGonzu in Venezuela

12 months ago

sam in Chicago, Illinois said: I do not think anywhere is hiring Radiology tech for 34.56 hr for a new grad. I have 6 years of Rad Tech expereience and I do not even make $30 per hour.

you're right, 34.56 per hour is too high for a new grad, the average salary of radiology technician is around $65k per year (source: radiologytechniciansalarysource.com), the same as your salary after 6 years working.

radtech in Sugar Land, Texas

11 months ago

been in this field 2 years.

Started at $19 an hour full time in X-ray. Got certified in CT 6 months later and started at $23/H base at the same hospital. Switched hospitals within 4 months and got a job doing x-ray and CT paying ~$27 base (with night shift differential it was $30.11 an hour). Got a raise to $28 base (~$31 with dif) after 3 months. (I roughly have worked here for 9 months) Have been their ever since.

so $28/h base with just under 2 years of exp in this field.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.