Radiology/Dental Hygiene programs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

AGRusco in Port Orchard, Washington

14 months ago

I am almost done with most of my preq for both radiology and dental hygiene. Anyone have any insight as to which would be a better career for the future? I have been working at a diagnostic imaging dept for over a year now (not as a tech) so I know there is a need for them. I was planning on doing either CT or Mammo. I am also intrigued by dental hygiene.
I know the field is smaller and there isn't any room for advancement like radiology but is it really that bad for either? is a hospital based program better? I am not planning on doing this career forever but def as a backup because I would like to have my own business abroad one day in the near future. I am willing to travel to any state to get into a good program. Where are some of the top schools or at least where I might have a good chance of getting in? I am also interested in natural medicine but there isn't many careers in that unless I want to be a doctor. I have been getting an A and B+ in all of my classes so far. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Karry in Massachusetts

12 months ago

I wanted to do hygiene too but after working as a dental assistant changed my mind, no advancement, No ins, no retirement, bad hours,

I changed my mind

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ati in Montréal, Quebec

10 months ago

Karry in Massachusetts said: I wanted to do hygiene too but after working as a dental assistant changed my mind, no advancement, No ins, no retirement, bad hours,

I changed my mind

I totally agree. I stopped Dental Hygiene program when I found out The job market is already flooded. Not all of dentist respect their hygienists.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.