What are typical ramp agent salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 70 of 70)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

MR FLYAWAY in Inglewood, California

33 months ago

Lets say you where offer to work at Southwest and Continental/United at the same time. Now you have to start off fresh with both airlines. CO is offering you a Part time slot and Southwest Airlines a full time position. Base on your experience who will you choose.

CO/UA is offering start pay at 12.56 with unlimited hours(max 15hrs per day at strait pay) but you are still consider as a Part time Agent. Great Travel Benefits and you will get the same benefits as a Full Timer. Now a merger with United has taken place. You still don't know the the future outcome of the merger.

WN is offering a base pay of 10.80 to start off. You will start as full time. Now is this a grantee of 40 hrs or 32 hrs as many airlines say? Great Benefits as well but local SW flying benefits too. ( I was just told that you could also work up to 15rs a day at strait pay)

Now lets say you have to choose. WHO WILL YOU CHOOSE TO WORK FOR ???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

obemir in Orlando, Florida

32 months ago

Hey jetblue ,

I want to be a ramp agent. I checked the jetblue website but i couldnt fine this position in orlando. Can you help me ?

Stove in Baltimore, Maryland

31 months ago

I've been on the ramp for about a month now, it's fairly easy & the benefits are amazing, but I'll have to say, from slinging bags all day, my hands feel like crap. I thought I'd feel it in my back, but from the cold & grabbing handles, my hands were the first to go. I definitely don't see myself on the ramp as long as I have to be, & am baffled by some of the people who have been here 5+ years & work back to back doubles. The ramp is definitely a great stepping stone in a great company though, if you're willing to put in the time. I'm a bit spoiled coming from 10yrs of being a well estabilished entrepreneur & taking a HUGE paycut, for job stability & benefits.

Jimmy in Millersville, Maryland

31 months ago

Stove in Baltimore, Maryland said: I've been on the ramp for about a month now, it's fairly easy & the benefits are amazing, but I'll have to say, from slinging bags all day, my hands feel like crap. I thought I'd feel it in my back, but from the cold & grabbing handles, my hands were the first to go. I definitely don't see myself on the ramp as long as I have to be, & am baffled by some of the people who have been here 5+ years & work back to back doubles. The ramp is definitely a great stepping stone in a great company though, if you're willing to put in the time. I'm a bit spoiled coming from 10yrs of being a well estabilished entrepreneur & taking a HUGE paycut, for job stability & benefits.

I'm looking to apply for a ramp agent job at BWI for SW

How is it working there?

Right now I'm working as a Supervisor at Starbucks by the BWI and wanna change jobs since I've been at Starbucks for 10yrs (making about 13$-14$/hr) I just think my job is going nowhere and need a change of pace.

Thanks.

ginade88388 in Atlanta, Georgia

30 months ago

David Reynolds in Stockbridge, Georgia said: I've been working in the baggage room for 8 months. I was hired as a seasonal employee and now I'm Ready Reserve. Our bidding process is coming up in March and I may end up on the ramp which I really don't want so I'm trying to decide whether or not to stay in the industry at all. Any suggestions?

Run Run Run

Junior78 in Bellflower, California

30 months ago

How many years does it take to make top pay as a United Airlines Ramp agent?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

geriann lewis in Chicago, Illinois

28 months ago

what is current pay scale for United Airlines ramp agent?

SFgirl in San Francisco, California

27 months ago

geriann lewis in Chicago, Illinois said: what is current pay scale for United Airlines ramp agent?

In San Francisco it's $12.56 per hour. Does anyone know how hard it it to get some time off?

Jimjohn in Cranleigh, United Kingdom

27 months ago

In UK it is between £9.50/£12.50 ph plus about £90 per week shift pay . This is based on 39 hrs per week . You usually get overtime paid at time and a half or time (Mon till Sat)and two thirds (Sundays bank holidays ). "8days annual leave and about 9 bank holidays ,35 in total . They is also bonuses to be earned accordint to things like turn a round and bags missed . Also one for annual profits . its not unusual for people to earn between £ 35/£40,000 a year .

Shane in Fredericksburg, Virginia

27 months ago

Hey there, I am fairly new to this ramp job, about 2 months and 14 days with Frontier. I absolutely LOVE it! Its a excellent opportunity to get a "foot hold" of becoming a pilot someday. The pay is descent, about $10.46 part-time.

Alex in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

27 months ago

What are the statistics of accidents in the ramp? DO you guys considered it a dangerous job? Thanks!

Colten in Roscoe, Illinois

27 months ago

geriann lewis in Chicago, Illinois said: what is current pay scale for United Airlines ramp agent?

@ ORD somewhere in the $10.40 range. Im always looking too.

I applied at for Delta in Madison, Wi and they offered me $10.85 but it was only ready reserve and i couldnt always be counting on 40 hours. Also wasnt ready to drive 60 miles in the snow!

the dude in Denver, Colorado

26 months ago

MR FLYAWAY in Inglewood, California said: Lets say you where offer to work at Southwest and Continental/United at the same time. Now you have to start off fresh with both airlines . CO is offering you a Part time slot and Southwest Airlines a full time position. Base on your experience who will you choose.

CO/UA is offering start pay at 12.56 with unlimited hours(max 15hrs per day at strait pay) but you are still consider as a Part time Agent. Great Travel Benefits and you will get the same benefits as a Full Timer. Now a merger with United has taken place. You still don't know the the future outcome of the merger.

WN is offering a base pay of 10.80 to start off. You will start as full time. Now is this a grantee of 40 hrs or 32 hrs as many airlines say? Great Benefits as well but local SW flying benefits too. ( I was just told that you could also work up to 15rs a day at strait pay)

Now lets say you have to choose. WHO WILL YOU CHOOSE TO WORK FOR ???

Chose SW---UAL will furlough you in 6 months.. There's no FT anymore with UAL

Melb in Atlanta, Georgia

24 months ago

I work in Melbourne,Intenational Airport, FLorida. After working here for 6 years, my pay: $8.51, the new guys that got hired, with the increase of minimum wage got $8.50. We don't have any type of job description, but must follow airline regulations and do their training. We don't have any type of beifits, unless your a Supervisor (2 weeeks paid vaction). To make matters worse, we're hired by a Temp. Agency. Gate Agents hired by the Temp Agency get $11.50, they deal with the public! How many Gate Agents get injured or killed compared to those who work the Ramp. There is no increase in pay, so you can figure on $8.50. This wouldn't be so so bad if they would throw us a bone, flight benifits, pay increase once a year or something. Best of luck to my fellow Ramp Agents. P.S. The worst part is that we make Supervision look good, and they get the bonuses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ZetraRat in Downers Grove, Illinois

16 months ago

What is the pay scale UA @ORD? What are the union due if any? How hours of OT are you allowed to have

FedEx007 in Whittier, California

14 months ago

Gonna have my f2f this Monday for a p/t ramp position at LAX. If your ramp agent pls message me I have a few questions. What are the shifts? I would like to work nights or early mornings. When do start time bids happen andbdo you think I can get the desired shifts? Also what is the average total of hours a p/t ramp agent puts in during any given week? I know weekends and holidays make up a majority of my hrs due to the increase in business.

Shay88 in St louis, Missouri

13 months ago

Does southwest get paid weekly or bi weekly? And how many buddy passes do they give you?

yrbamm in Albuquerque, New Mexico

9 months ago

Anyone ramp agent at SWA in ABQ? It might be same everywhere but I was wondering how easy is it to get time off?? are schedules flexible?? I want to work with SWA currently I am with DGS (Delta Global Services) which contracts with Delta, United, Us airways, Jetblue in albuquerque. The pay isn't good but I am actually just in it for the flights. I have other jobs and am retired. I am 54 and can hold my own with the young guys. Its just really hard to get time off with DGS's policy. I only work 2 days a week and won't commit to any more because I don't want to have any other days to try and get off since I can't get the 2 days I work off. I went with Delta because I figured it would be good for the resume when SWA job openings come up. plus I can use the flights. So basically are they good with letting you take off???

G in Florida

8 months ago

G is back all.... And you were right its not sesonal but it kinda is. Me and a friend went to interviews and were told its full time for SW and we will start in JAN and end in April. When it ends in April we can take a furlough , take severance pay or transfer. If we take furlough we go on a list to be hired at the station were working at, but with very low seniority. So it's not sesonal but you can kinda see why I mixed it up.

SuperExcited in Hampton, Virginia

1 month ago

They call me Larry in Orlando, Florida said: Thx for that list John, it puts JB to shame. Currently our top out pay is after 10 yrs at $19.75. When are negotiations completed for the pay and does it go into effect right away? Do you guys negotiate every year?

Hi John quick question how often do you get rasies after the first 6 months

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.