Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What are typical real estate appraiser salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

rodney singleton in Paron, Arkansas

91 months ago

What type of income can I expect to make as a real estate appraiser ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (93) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Luis Duarte in San Antonio, Texas

90 months ago

Good

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Mario the Appraiser in Whittier, California

86 months ago

I was hired by a sub-prime lender two years ago, to review incoming appraisal files for quality, value and of course, fraud. The salary was $80,000, and included medical and parking. Since then, I had great fun and saved them a zillion samoleans.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

este in Guilford, Connecticut

64 months ago

Train under a good appraiser. Work hard. Take more classess than you need to and diversify your clientelle; I do well over $100,000 in business, and net probably a little under $100,000. Become a memeber of profeesional organizations, be professional and you can get the best clients (attorneys) which pay the best. Although it is near impossible to fill your schedule with this work, it is the best. Mortgage work is annoying, doesn't pay well these days, but get good clients, fill your schedule, and oh yeah, I work 50-70 hours a week!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

isela in Los Angeles, California

40 months ago

Mario the Appraiser in Whittier, California said: I was hired by a sub-prime lender two years ago, to review incoming appraisal files for quality, value and of course, fraud. The salary was $80,000, and included medical and parking. Since then, I had great fun and saved them a zillion samoleans.

Mario,

I have been considering getting my appraisal license. I have my degree but I don't currently work in real estate industry. Is this something that can be done part-time. I was reading that it may take a very long time to get the license due to the amount of training hours, especially now with the downfall in the economy. I live very close to Whittier and would love to be able to talk to someone about this. Would you mind chatting some more about this. I really want to make sure it will be worth while before I make a decision. You can contact me via email at isela_ortiz1@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Isela

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

trainee appraiser in Los Angeles, California

28 months ago

I just started working for a small real estate appraisal and business evaluations company in Los Angeles. I have a college degree from a good school, but no prior real estate experience. My starting salary was 36,000 with 1/2 medical insurance and no dental insurance, but my employer pays for the licensing classes. When I get licensed (which my employer would like to have happen in the next 3-4 months), I am supposed to get a raise. What is market value for a trainee appraiser? I'd like to know what I should expect, but have had a hard time finding any info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.