Regulatory Affairs training in Canada

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (401 to 450 of 580)
Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next »   Last »

JC in Toronto, Ontario

39 months ago

Hey, everyone,

I just come across this discussion forum and it seems quite interesting to me as I am preparing for this RA/QA program, so just wondering is anyone still interested to join and provide some insights?

Thanks,
JC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ZW in Toronto, Ontario

39 months ago

It has been a few months since the last discussion, there might no anyone up there...

JC in Toronto, Ontario said: Hey, everyone,

I just come across this discussion forum and it seems quite interesting to me as I am preparing for this RA/QA program, so just wondering is anyone still interested to join and provide some insights?

Thanks,
JC

Andre in Montreal, Quebec

38 months ago

For those who are trying to have a diploma in regulatory affairs, there is a program in Drug development with an option in regulatory affairs at the university of Montreal. Applicants have to submit their documents and after take an interview. There are 4 fields of specialization that are Chemistry and manufacturing, Pharmaceutical regulatory affairs, Cinical Research, and Pharmacoeconomy. Internship is for who want to have a Msc. in drug development with the option in the field of spacialization. The internship program (8 months) is after the 2nd term in september. Cont.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

cont.
But to apply for the internship program, you must obtain a 3.00/4.3 (B). Most of the courses are given in french but sometimes in english. You can use english for your works or your presentations. Enven during classes you can use english. The internship program is very competitive.
The program is very heavy and it is difficult to work and take it at full time. The best strategy is to take the program in two years to have good marks and have chance to get an internship position. Most of the courses are given by industry members. With regulatory option you need to take the following courses: Canadian regulatory affairs (3cr) with around 8 lecturers from pharmaceutical industry, Drug development 3cr (around 10 lecturers), International regulatory affairs 1cr (4 lecturers), Drug labeling 1cr (4 lecturers), Strategic planning 1cr (1 lecturer), Pharmacovigilance and Risk management plan 1cr (1 lecturer), Medical Devices 1cr (1 lecturer), Regulatory aspect of non-clinical tests 1cr (4 lecturer), Bioequivalence and bioavailability 3cr (8 lecturers), Drug and clinical research (very very heavy, around 500 pages of material to master, 3 cr with around 10 lecturers), Experimental design and biostatistics (3cr, 1 lecturer, high rate of failure), Methodology of clinical trial (1 cr, 1 lecturer), cont...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

cont...
Critical evaluation clinical trial (1 cr), Final project (3 cr, within 5 teams, students have to plan Within a team of 25 students shared in (Chemistry and Manufacturing, Non-clinical and Phase I clinical research, Phase II and III clinical Research, Pharmacoeconomics, Regulatory affairs), students have to develop theorically a new drug. Regulatory team have to develop regulatory strategy to obtain full approval of marketing.
Internships places are Merck, Pfizer, Novartis, Paladin, Corealis...Pharmaceutical industries based in Montreal.
For Canadians tuition is around 1500 a term, around 3000 for the diploma (DESS). Who does't have background in pharmacology and in Biopharmacy and Pharmacokinetics have to take them as pre-requisites. There is a biostatistics test at the beginning of the program, who fail have to take a pre-requisite in Biostatistics and them you have to do the program in 2 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dc in Ajax, Ontario

37 months ago

Is it too late to apply for the Sept 2011/2012 session at Humber? According to their website the program is still open.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Korea, Republic of

37 months ago

I have been working as regulatory affairs for 3 years and am preparing for US RAC exam this fall.It's not easy to study alone with the book.
I am looking for several RAs who are planing to take the exam. We can be a good study mate. Please getting back to me soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Descartes in Scarborough, Ontario

37 months ago

Hi everyone. I am interested in the Seneca College certificate program in pharmaceutical regulatory affairs. Could someone kindly tell me more about the career prospects and their co-op placements, if you are familiar with this program at all? It seems like it's impossible to get into biotech industry without either years of experience or some specialized diploma.

I am a graduate of the Univ of Toronto where I obtained my life science education. I have a Master's and a Bachelor's from the same school. I am actually quite interested in the regulatory processes in pharmaceutical industry. I would like to find out more about it and also gain work experience through co-op. It seems like my university education has not opened up the door to industry as I have no practical experience. I was hoping that the Seneca education would give me the practical education I need and hopefully lead to long-term career prospects.

If someone could provide me with answers as to the career prospects with this Seneca program, I would appreciate it. Thank you so much.

JG in Saint-laurent, Quebec

36 months ago

Very interesting forum. I'm a dietitian based in Montreal and there is NO WAY I can relocate for continuing education. Does anyone out there know of any way I can get a higher education in regulatory affairs (specifically in the food industry) either in the province of Quebec or by distance learning?? HELP!! Thanks. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

joe in Scarborough, Ontario

36 months ago

dc in Ajax, Ontario said: Is it too late to apply for the Sept 2011/2012 session at Humber? According to their website the program is still open.

I was also wondering about this. Anyone know whether or not registration is still open?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Descartes in Scarborough, Ontario

36 months ago

JG in Saint-laurent, Quebec said: Very interesting forum. I'm a dietitian based in Montreal and there is NO WAY I can relocate for continuing education. Does anyone out there know of any way I can get a higher education in regulatory affairs (specifically in the food industry) either in the province of Quebec or by distance learning?? HELP!! Thanks. :)

hi JG - I hear that Universite de Montreal has a regulatory affairs program.

Andre in Toronto, Ontario

36 months ago

There is a program of regulatory affairs at the University of Montreal but it is for Pharmaceutical regulatory affairs. See the program in drug development, department of pharmacy. Humber college has the only regulatory affairs program that covers various fields.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JG in Montreal, Quebec

34 months ago

Hi again. Maybe I can just teach myself everything that is relavant to food regulatory affairs?? Is there some way to get the Humber College material/books? At least I'll have some material to work with and educate myself!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

poorti in Toronto, Ontario

33 months ago

www.senecac.on.ca/export/sites/www.senecac.on.ca/fulltime/stuserv/documents/pre_eng.pdf

Hey everyone

For those inquiring about the ENglish Proficiency test at Seneca for the RAQC program ..
The link above is a practise test..
Good luck and hope it helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rhea in Laval, Quebec

33 months ago

Hi guys, I really need help. I am in a huge dilemma. Like all of you I am torn in between Seneca and TIPT. I would love to go for Humber, but I have to wait till next september.

So I want to get into quality assurance/quality control in the Pharmaceutical field. Should I go for the Quality control quality assurance diploma at TIPT, or the regulatory affairs and quality operations certificate at Seneca? Which one would be better in terms of my career ONLY in my particular interest of field.
Pleaseee reply ASAP!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

OH in Oshawa, Ontario

33 months ago

I would strongly recommend the "Pharmaceutical and Food Science Technology Advanced Diploma" program offered at Durham College. I am currently enrolled in my third year of this program. The program is intense offering excellent practical experience reinforcing the theoretical lectures covering various scientific principles. The professors are extremely knowledgable and their interest truly lie in the students thorough comprehension of the information covered. If one is interested in pursuing RA, from this program it would be a matter of obtaining a couple courses, Reg intro and Reg, the PFST program would just offer a solid foundation to developing a promising portfolio.

vimal in Ahmadabad, India

32 months ago

dwaraka in Mississauga, Ontario said: Thank you very much for the information. Can you pls explain what sort of small answer questions will be asked? do they conduct this test both at Humber and Seneca? pls provide more details about this test

Thank you

Dwaraka

hello i am pharmacist from india.
which is best college for RA programme for international student in term of placement .

write me on mungara_vimal@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

azsxdc2008 in Toronto, Ontario

31 months ago

Just registered the English test with Humber college on Jan 27th, 2012. Anybody is on the same boat with me? The test will take around 120 mins with 1 hour essay and 30 mins reading comprehension question on computer. Is there anybody by any chance will know what the essay is about?

Much appreciate!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Suky in Toronto, Ontario

31 months ago

Evogenesis said: Hello Everyone,

Yes, I am a Canadian graduate from the University of Ottawa with a B.Sc Biopharmaceutical. I don't want to freely publish the entrance test questions on an internet forum, but if you provide your e-mail, I may privately answer your questions (depends on my mood for the day).

Hello Evogenesis!

Hope you have good mood today! I applied for the Clinical Research Program at Humber College. I know it is very competitive to get in. It would be great if you have good mood today and privately answer my questions about the entrance testing. Many thanks. My email address: suky_lee@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sreedhara.G in Madras, India

30 months ago

HI guys my self sreedhara.G from india i would like to hear about the procedures of selection to humber for RA course am a Bpharma graduate from india n am not having avy experience in the field of RA a looking for sept admission

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lynne in Toronto, Ontario

30 months ago

azsxdc2008 in Toronto, Ontario said: Just registered the English test with Humber college on Jan 27th, 2012. Anybody is on the same boat with me? The test will take around 120 mins with 1 hour essay and 30 mins reading comprehension question on computer. Is there anybody by any chance will know what the essay is about?

Much appreciate!

Hey I have my test at Humber as well but on Sat. Jan 28th 2012

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

panchu in Toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

Lynne in Toronto, Ontario said: Hey I have my test at Humber as well but on Sat. Jan 28th 2012

hey,,
i have my test on 25th of feb ,, plz would you suggest me whta was asked in the exam .. it would be most helpfull for me

29 months ago

azsxdc2008 in Toronto, Ontario said: Just registered the English test with Humber college on Jan 27th, 2012. Anybody is on the same boat with me? The test will take around 120 mins with 1 hour essay and 30 mins reading comprehension question on computer. Is there anybody by any chance will know what the essay is about?

Much appreciate!

hey my test is on 25th feb ,, plz tell me what questions were asked ... plz reply me on panchu@live.in

SB2011 in Mississauga, Ontario

29 months ago

Hello everyone...to the people who have already written the Humber or seneca admission test for september 2012, can you please email me what were the questions like? especially the short answer/ essay questions. Would appreciate! thanks! email id- book01@live.ca

SB2011 in Mississauga, Ontario

29 months ago

Lynne in Toronto, Ontario said: Hey I have my test at Humber as well but on Sat. Jan 28th 2012

Hi Lynne,

How was your admission test at Humber? Could you please let me know what exactly they asked on the test? What was the essay topic and what were the reading comprehensions like? would appreciate some feedback from you..thanks!!! you can also email me at book01@live.ca

Kobe in Mississauga, Ontario

29 months ago

What do people usually wear to the Regulatory affairs interview session at Humber? Do guys go all out by wearing suits?

LL88 in Cambridge, Ontario

29 months ago

Kobe in Mississauga, Ontario said: What do people usually wear to the Regulatory affairs interview session at Humber? Do guys go all out by wearing suits?

I was offered admission to the humber program today. I had my interview a few weeks ago and I wore a full suit.

29 months ago

LL88 in Cambridge, Ontario said: I was offered admission to the humber program today. I had my interview a few weeks ago and I wore a full suit.

hey ,, what was asked in interveiw .. in the sense what they were focussing on ,, your language or the knowledge of subject,,,

28 months ago

Did anyone apply to Seneca for their RA program? When do they usually send out acceptances?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LL88 in Kitchener, Ontario

28 months ago

Kobe in Mississauga, Ontario said: Did anyone apply to Seneca for their RA program? When do they usually send out acceptances?

I was just accepted today.

28 months ago

Are there any big differences in the RA program between Seneca and Humber? If people are accepted to both which one should they choose? and why? Do the top employers recruit more students from Humber of Seneca?

1TSX in London, Ontario

28 months ago

Hi, I second Kobe's question.

I have an interview next week at Humber, and I have been accepted into Seneca's program already. I am not sure which one to pick if I get into Humber's as well.

After a quick read through the thread, there is really no general consensus on which one is better. Seneca has a "Quality Control" part to the program, and has the co-op placement between the two semesters of school. Humber offers the co-op after 1 year of school. Not sure if the Humber timing is better than Seneca's...

1TSX in London, Ontario

28 months ago

Hi, I second Kobe's question.

I have an interview next week at Humber, and I have been accepted into Seneca's program already. I am not sure which one to pick if I get into Humber's as well.

After a quick read through the thread, there is really no general consensus on which one is better. Seneca has a "Quality Control" part to the program, and has the co-op placement between the two semesters of school. Humber offers the co-op after 1 year of school. Not sure if the Humber timing is better than Seneca's...

ss in Mississauga, Ontario

27 months ago

hey i have the test coming up at humber, can anyone let me know what will be on it..plzzzzzzzzzzzz i would appreciate it soooo much, you can email me at supersayen_man@hotmail.com. thx a lot appreciate any help i can get

fish77 in Toronto, Ontario

27 months ago

LL88 in Cambridge, Ontario said: I was offered admission to the humber program today. I had my interview a few weeks ago and I wore a full suit.

HI LL88
what did they ask in interveiw ?could you let me know more information about the interview part? my email is emmazizi@hotmail.com

thanks a lot

1TSX in London, Ontario

27 months ago

Anyone here going to Seneca for RAQC this September? :)

jen

27 months ago

Hi all! I've been looking into applying for an RA program after I graduate from my BSc next year and came across this forum! I would love some more insight on the test questions, I'm looking to apply to Humber college as my top choice mostly because I want to get into more of the NHP and food related products rather than pharmaceuticals. Were the practice questions/quizzes a similar format/difficulty to the real thing? When did you all sign up for your test?

here's my email if private messaging is preferred. Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated!!

illa2010@live.com

jen

27 months ago

Hi all! I've been looking into applying for an RA program after I graduate from my BSc next year and came across this forum! I would love some more insight on the test questions, I'm looking to apply to Humber college as my top choice mostly because I want to get into more of the NHP and food related products rather than pharmaceuticals. Were the practice questions/quizzes a similar format/difficulty to the real thing? When did you all sign up for your test?

here's my email if private messaging is preferred. Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated!!

illa2010@live.com

renu in Toronto, Ontario

27 months ago

mia in Brampton, Ontario said: The part-time program at Seneca might be good for people who already work in the pharmaceutical/medical device industry, and don't need an internship , but just want to learn regulatory affairs. These people might be interested in changing departments or whatever. It might also be good for people with day-jobs who can't really afford to take time off and go to school full-time. I dunno if the quality of education differs.

www.senecac.on.ca/ce/programs/pharma_regulatory_faq.html

Hello, I am interested in the part time RA program at seneca. I do not know have a background in science, but health policy. I have tried humber college full time program, went through interview. Did not get in. I am thinking of now pursuing pharmacy technician at humber. Do you think this would be good path way into RA field. I still would like to do RA. I have tried all community colleges. I have taken university science courses before.

M

26 months ago

renu can you tell me a bit about the application process at humber? Difficulty of comprehension test/ interview etc? I would really appreciate it!

Harry in Brampton, Ontario

26 months ago

sreedhara in Bangalore, India said: hi all i applied to Humber n finished my compulsory pre-admission English assessment test waiting for the test results let me know if any body are there with me and plz do let me know what are all the other procedure need to be done for the humber

I wrote the test for humber...and have been called for interview for may 22...

sreedhara in Madras, India

26 months ago

Harry in Brampton, Ontario said: I wrote the test for humber...and have been called for interview for may 22...

Hey buddy in hw many days did u got u r results bcz i had written on 4th of this mnth bt stil didnt got my result

Harry in Brampton, Ontario

26 months ago

sreedhara in Madras, India said: Hey buddy in hw many days did u got u r results bcz i had written on 4th of this mnth bt stil didnt got my result

they don't tell u ur results....if ur results were good enough, only then they call u for interview! I wrote my test on feb 13! I don't know what I got though! They never told me. But I guess they were good since I'm going for interview!

michelle in Toronto, Ontario

26 months ago

To those who got interviewed by Humber, how long did it take them to tell you ur interview results? whether you got accepted/rejected. 1 week??

randolph2020 in toronto, Ontario

26 months ago

Applied April 27 to Humber - Wrote test first week of May - Interview 2nd week of May - Accepted two days ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Toronto, Ontario

26 months ago

randolph2020 in toronto, Ontario said: Applied April 27 to Humber - Wrote test first week of May - Interview 2nd week of May - Accepted two days ago

wow congrats! I did my interview 2nd wk of may as well, but no reply yet...Do you mind telling me what's your background like? Like what kind of degree do you have...thx

26 months ago

Recent MSc

26 months ago

michelle in Toronto, Ontario said: wow congrats! I did my interview 2nd wk of may as well, but no reply yet...Do you mind telling me what's your background like? Like what kind of degree do you have...thx

Recent MSc (2yr) from Canadian university. Secondary author on a publication. BSc from Canadian university. Some research experience in private pharma (summer jobs).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MH in Toronto, Ontario

26 months ago

michelle in Toronto, Ontario said: To those who got interviewed by Humber, how long did it take them to tell you ur interview results? whether you got accepted/rejected. 1 week??

I had my interview on the 2nd week of April and got accepted 4 days later.

sreedhara in Bangalore, India

26 months ago

Harry in Brampton, Ontario said: I wrote the test for humber...and have been called for interview for may 22...

Hi buddy may i know how was your interview went on ?
what are all the questions they asked you ?
how much time did it took to complete u r interview ?
did u got accepted ?
plz share @ sreedharag456@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.