Fired for no reason

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

Harry Jeffery in Boston, Massachusetts

80 months ago

Anonymous said: Cheryl, your writing and spelling need some serious work!!

Hi,
I went through the same problem. Managerment at Eliot Community Human Services have no ethics. I got Harvard Legal Aid to help and got Unemployment compensation ( Massachusetts). Aaron Katz and M Mathews lied at the hearing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Tampa, Florida

80 months ago

Yes, it does. Cheryl, you have two serious problems. The first is the old employer. Did you have an incident where you did something that contributed to your being fired? And if so, were there discussions and were you written up? If that did happen, most of these companies are not going to tell perspective employers what you did (because you're not worth the energy and the problems this will create - they are just glad to be rid of you). If there wasn't a problem, then you should have applied for unemployment. A good thing about these jobs is they are considered sheit (sic) jobs.

You can take that job, say you were called at home and told you were being terminated, and there was no particular reason that you know of. And use this as an opportunity to move up. BIG PROBLEM HERE.

Your writing and other skills are very very poor. They reek of illiteracy. You can't move up unless these skills improve. Do you have a high school diploma or GED? If not, work on it, and work on writing, spelling and punctuation skills. Get some basic education classes to get you over this hurdle - FAST.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

vegas in Waltham, Massachusetts

80 months ago

I worked for ECHS for nearly nine months.I loved my job --- the clients and my co workers. One night I surfed the internet --- HR did a random scan of the computer network where I worked.Without being told why --- I was called into the main office and fired --- All of my co workers and clients especially my Program Manager --- were in shock as was I. My union reps did their best --- but ECHS would not budge. I am working again --- However this incident really hurt me emotionally --- the clients were hurt even more. Personally I found the managers to be wonderful. It's HR that is the problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

vegas in Waltham, Massachusetts

80 months ago

I worked for ECHS for nearly nine months.I loved my job --- the clients and my co workers. One night I surfed the internet --- HR did a random scan of the computer network where I worked.Without being told why --- I was called into the main office and fired --- All of my co workers and clients especially my Program Manager --- were in shock as was I. My union reps did their best --- but ECHS would not budge. I am working again --- However this incident really hurt me emotionally --- the clients were hurt even more. Personally I found the managers to be wonderful. It's HR that is the problem.[/QUOTE M. Mathews to be exact!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Harry Jeffery in Boston, Massachusetts

80 months ago

vegas in Waltham, Massachusetts said: I worked for ECHS for nearly nine months.I loved my job --- the clients and my co workers. One night I surfed the internet --- HR did a random scan of the computer network where I worked.Without being told why --- I was called into the main office and fired --- All of my co workers and clients especially my Program Manager --- were in shock as was I. My union reps did their best --- but ECHS would not budge. I am working again --- However this incident really hurt me emotionally --- the clients were hurt even more. Personally I found the managers to be wonderful. It's HR that is the problem.

Managers at ECHS like m Mathews and Aaron Katz will throw out anyone who stands up for the rights of the diabeled. The PACT program is a fraud to the Department of Mental Health in Massachusetts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Oswego, New York

80 months ago

i completely agree.

kathy in Warren, Rhode Island

79 months ago

Cheryl, Your old job can not legally give out any information about you without your consent or they are in violation of the law and you can report them to the Labor board. They can only give your dates of employment...That's it! try and find out what they are telling prospective employees. It might also help to write to them and request a copy of your Personnel file, this is yur legal right. Then you can see what they wrote about you...Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mztaniyatn in New York, New York

75 months ago

I also, was fired, my reason was i stayed and did over time got hurt bathing a client, went to emergency room had note stating no work 2 days , went to own physician on 2nd day , given note not to work until she saw me 3 days later, told fired for nocall no show

Banks in Revere, Massachusetts

71 months ago

I was fired from CMARC INC. in Woburn Ma. in Feb. 2009 for no reason. A program manager came in on my shift and assulted me. I wrote a incident report and took it to the main office and also went to the doctor as well. They management team lied and stated that they suspended this lady. But on the other hand they let this manager that got away with assaulting me antake a client to the cape on vacation. And then the management team refused to call me into the office and try and solve this issue instead I was called into the office and a lot of racial comments and lies about what other staff said. To make a long story short I don't even work with a lot of people. It is only one staff per shift alone and I did not respond to anything that they said. I really remain quiet because they wanted me to respond to their negative comments which I refused to. When they finished talking I told them that I'm not going to set here and let someone assault me and the company refused to do anyting about it. I told the management team that I'm taking legal action. And no one going to stop me. And then I recieved a letter in the mail saying that they fired me. They also tried to stop me from getting unemployment as well but they could not because I did nothing wrong, but I was pushed into the freezer by a manager and they refused to firer her instead they fired me. I'm the staff that had been working there for 6 years and some months. I'm the employee that recieved a lots of awards etc. And there are other staff there that get away with all kinds of illegal stuff. Staff stealing clients money, Staff abuse clients and get suspended butjust because the management team like her that let her stay and work. Residential Director gets DWI and loses her linceses but still she get a chance to stay in the individual home but upstairs. The program manager that assaulted me also gets to live with clients even though she assaults me. And on top of that gets to keep here job also

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Banks in Revere, Massachusetts

71 months ago

I feel like companies like CMARC INC. should have unions that way the management team can't go behind close doors and lie on the employees. And just firer them just like that, if there was a union it is no way that CMARC INC would get away with what they got away with. What they did to me was very hurtful, discriminative, wrongful temination, stressful, and on top of everything. And also most agencies were late getting the money from Deval Patrick, and after they fired me they refused to give me my money and also refused to give me my raise as wll that was due in Dec. 2008. Guest when I was given my raise? When they fired me on 3/6/09. But all the other employees that I worked with they got there evaluations and raises on time but me I didn't get mines at all until my final check when I got fired. I was treated wrong all the way around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

reserve1 in Warrenton, Virginia

71 months ago

Hey you know what, people like them will not come to a good end... all you can do know is thank God that you*re out of that bad environment...it wasnt really healthy for you anyway...I know that you said that you are receiving unemployment-which is a blessing in it's self...but you should also check out this site I came across and joined a few weeks ago...I love it and it is doing wonders for me and my family...

God Bless You, Stay Strong!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stephy in Hyattsville, Maryland

69 months ago

I think the english was only because she was angry and didn't have time to read over. Before working in a group home one has to take an English and maths test to detremine one's competence. well that's what i think..............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Another Avocate in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

I'm going through this same thing as we speak. I've been workiing in this field for the last 17 years and have gone as far as a director running 2 sites. I've been chosen for licensing 18 times passing with nearly 100% and no citations. If a company wants to get rid of you, trust me, they will find a way, however I think that I will be transfered instead of terminated, because I was with my neice each time she went to court for 2 years for wrongful termination. Sometimes God has a way of giving you change. After her termination she got a better job and become an advocate for several situations with serving this population. I've worked at four different agencies and each time God made a way for me to move on. This might be your time to take your skills to new people that need you. Go to school and get a degree (A.A.) so you'll be more marketable. The are alot of free grants out here now. Listen, the population we service needs you "SMILE"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Another Avocate in Plainfield, New Jersey

66 months ago

I was fired also because my new Regional Manager just did not like me. I did nothing wrong. My Manager got fired for embezzlement, which I did not know about and they immediately asked me to he asking Manager which I did. I did everything that was asked of me, but she then tried to move one of my employees to another dept. I asked her why, she stated it was none of my business. I then went to the Human Res. Director and he told me to email her for an answer. When she found out I went above her head that was my downfall. She suspended me for not giving medication to a person that self-medicates and then fired my for not paying clients bills while I was suspended, which was her fault.I did not try to fight, I was just glad to gone. She was finding everything to pick on me.Even though another staff OD a person with medication, nothing was done. She was new, black, with a blond wig and blue eyes that she brought and wanted a puppet, I was not the one. She had to get rid of me, because I knew the rules and would quote them to her. I belive GOD will give me something greater and better.

AJFlores in Indio, California

40 months ago

Mary in Tampa, Florida said: Yes, it does. Cheryl, you have two serious problems. The first is the old employer. Did you have an incident where you did something that contributed to your being fired? And if so, were there discussions and were you written up? If that did happen, most of these companies are not going to tell perspective employers what you did (because you're not worth the energy and the problems this will create - they are just glad to be rid of you). If there wasn't a problem, then you should have applied for unemployment. A good thing about these jobs is they are considered sheit (sic) jobs.

You can take that job, say you were called at home and told you were being terminated, and there was no particular reason that you know of. And use this as an opportunity to move up. BIG PROBLEM HERE.

Your writing and other skills are very very poor. They reek of illiteracy. You can't move up unless these skills improve. Do you have a high school diploma or GED? If not, work on it, and work on writing, spelling and punctuation skills. Get some basic education classes to get you over this hurdle - FAST.

I could not stop laughing when I read your comment, thank you for making my night!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AJFlores in Indio, California

40 months ago

stephy in Hyattsville, Maryland said: I think the english was only because she was angry and didn't have time to read over. Before working in a group home one has to take an English and maths test to detremine one's competence. well that's what i think..............

You can still pass the test that you mentioned, with a very low score... Now, as for your "English," you seriously should not try to back someone else up when your writing is just as terrible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

exProgram ManagerCMARC in Lowell, Massachusetts

13 months ago

Banks in Revere, Massachusetts said: I feel like companies like CMARC INC. should have unions that way the management team can't go behind close doors and lie on the employees. And just firer them just like that, if there was a union it is no way that CMARC INC would get away with what they got away with. What they did to me was very hurtful, discriminative, wrongful temination, stressful, and on top of everything. And also most agencies were late getting the money from Deval Patrick, and after they fired me they refused to give me my money and also refused to give me my raise as wll that was due in Dec. 2008. Guest when I was given my raise? When they fired me on 3/6/09. But all the other employees that I worked with they got there evaluations and raises on time but me I didn't get mines at all until my final check when I got fired. I was treated wrong all the way around.

I hope you moved on from this company. CMARC changed their name for such reasons. Employees there finally have a union in 2014. I was a manager for that agency before. I had a very bad experience with unethical management practices. Everything from messing up my payroll to stealing petty cash receipts. They are very well known for cooking their books. The minute I got fired based on false accusations. I helped initiate a 2 week long DPPC investigation. Was I about to take legal actions against the company because I was emotional. I moved on with my life. Even The Department of unemployment has CMARC now Nupath on their radar because they terminate employees for the dumbest reasons. They just want to protect their click. Its like high school. Nothing hides under the sun and yes God is in control. Hope you have moved on from that situation. I have and life is so much better. I learned to be more cautious with what culture I want to see myself working in long term. When you realize that your boss/coworkers aren't supportive that is your cue to leave before getting fired.

exECHS employee in Lowell, Massachusetts

13 months ago

Harry Jeffery in Boston, Massachusetts said: Hi,
I went through the same problem. Managerment at Eliot Community Human Services have no ethics. I got Harvard Legal Aid to help and got Unemployment compensation ( Massachusetts). Aaron Katz and M Mathews lied at the hearing.

Yes ECHS is an okay company. Management are idiots by that I mean they look at non administrative employees as maggots. I was investigated for a bogus claim. The company did an investigation and did not find me at fault. They tried but they just didn't. The investigation came out inconclusive. My union rep insisted that I return to work but Management said they would get back to me.

I wasn't worried. I waited for a letter in the mail from them that never came. They terminated me. I collected unemployment for almost a year then they tried contesting it 2 times but they never showed up. They claimed that I'm still an employee there. At a later time I asked for my employee file and noticed that the VP of HR terminated me and the next day reinstated me on paper. But I wasn't officially asked to return to work because they didn't find my forwarding address in time nor was anyone humble enough to call me and tell me they made a mistake and I should return to work. Yes employers lie and act unethically to protect the companies interest. The government knows that.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.