Respiratory Therapist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (924) - Start a Discussion

Subo in Stony Brook, New York

Anyone selling KETTERING NPS Home Study Package?

I am a new grad and will really appreciate if someone wants to sell me their kettering nps study package. Thanks

Subo in Stony Brook, New York

Kettering NPS study package for Sale

I am planning to take my NPS exam soon and will really appreciate if any therapist would like to sell their Kettering NPS study package.

Blucky25 in Newport Beach, California

Respiratory Therapist Jobs

Hello to all! Thank you for reading this post in advance! I was just wondering what the job market is like in Sacramento CA as my wife and I are...

shawn in Everett, Washington

Updated 11 months ago

RTs with a master's degree - 15 Replies

I'm going to be starting RT school this fall, and I'm interested in hearing from some current RTs. I graduated from UGA in December 2011 with a...

ebusinessatyahoodotcom in Houston, Texas

Updated 11 months ago

Starting the Program Need Advice - 1 Reply

Hi guys i just got accepted into the program and i need advice on everything related to RT. Pros and Cons.Can i work and still go to school?

Jesparza in Hialeah, Florida

Updated 11 months ago

Tutoring for CRT in Philadelphia - 75 Replies

Hi! Last year I graduated from a Respiratory Therapy program, and i haven't been able to pass my certification exam. My parents are sick of paying...

Hyperion in Crossville, Tennessee

Why can people not find jobs?

I graduated from school 2 years ago and I have 2 jobs working 36 hours a week at one job and 12-36 hours a week at another job and have other...

Waynegarbo in Fresno, California

Updated 12 months ago

how to reenter the field - 1 Reply

I was/am a RRT. I used to be a darn good one but I have been out of the field for quite awhile. I now need to get back in the workforce and I am...

HappyRT;) in Chula Vista, California

Updated 12 months ago

Lets try an uplifting note... - 2 Replies

I havent yet posted anything in this forum but I really wanted to just state my experience since graduating. I use to read over this forum all the...

Kaly in Fresno, California

Updated 12 months ago

Fresno City College - 5 Replies

I was just accepted in Fresno City College's Respiratory Therapy Program in California. I was just wondering if anyone has attended that school and...

Bo in Jersey City, New Jersey

Updated 12 months ago

POLYSOMNOGRAPHER - 136 Replies

i just graduated out of school for polysomnography and place i visit for a job states experience is needed but no one will give you a chance to...

Dianna in La Mesa, California

Updated 12 months ago

False hope on the job outlook for a recent Rt grad. - 10 Replies

What do you think the people that run these schools are going to tell you about the job opportunities out there when you graduate, there going tell...

siyad km in India

Updated 12 months ago

Jobs for international RTs - 411 Replies

I am a respiratory therapist from india and am holding AS degree. I am yet to complete CRT and RRT Can any one help me or suggest how to get a job...

erinchristine in Henderson, Nevada

Updated 12 months ago

Children's Hospital Los Angeles - 39 Replies

CHLA has a residency program for new RCP graduates or RCPs with less than 1 year of experience. I graduated June 2011 and didn't find employment...

respiratory questions in Kent, Washington

Updated 12 months ago

Which is in more demand Respiratory Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant - 1 Reply

Hello!! I am debating whether or not to go into the RT field or Physical Therapist Assistant Field! I'm stuck I know I want to help anyone who is...

Updated 12 months ago

Looking for feedback from an RT that works in a Long Tern Ventilator Care Hospital - 2 Replies

I am a new Respiratory Care graduate, because it is hard to get a job in a large bed hospital without 1-2 years of experience I am contemplating...

Updated 12 months ago

How do I get a job as an RT when everyone wants a year of experience? - 3 Replies

I've been told to do registry for the first year, but all registries say that they require a year of experience. Someone else suggested Long Term...

Updated 12 months ago

CRT VS RRT Help - 7 Replies

I am registering at Independence University for my associates/RRT. Has anyone received their CRT in one year? I plan on continuing for RRT while...

Tim of the Midwest in Kansas City, Missouri

Updated 13 months ago

If my Credentials as a CRT NEVER expire, why am I being forced to retake the CRT in order to take the RRT - 4 Replies

I Passed my CRT in 1997. I passed the written RRT but not the clinical simulation. I went on with my career, gaining experience in all aspects of the...

Hiring manager in Jersey City, New Jersey

I have recieved 600 applications for one PRN position!

Think about the job situation before these schools sell you a dream! The field is flooded you are gonna put two years of your time and find no job...

Jayleethal in New York, New York

Updated 13 months ago

How hard are classes??? - 173 Replies

Im about to start RT school in the fall. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what Im in for..? Are classes really hard? What does a typical day...

Candace in Merced, California

Updated 13 months ago

Air transport therapist - 9 Replies

Does anyone on here do air transport, or know anything about it? I am graduating next year and would love to transport newborns to the NICU. How hard...

Lynn Horton in Dearborn, Mississippi

Updated 13 months ago

I have been in Florida since August 2013 still no job! - 4 Replies

I have put so many applications and been on so many interviews and still no job. I have ten years in the field I am a RRT-NPS, RPFT with BLS, ACLS,...

hard times in Murrieta, California

Updated 13 months ago

New Grad here - 235 Replies

Hello all! So I have been out of school for 6 months now. I graduated from Kaplan College in Phoenix, AZ but moved to CA after graduation. I am...

PEEP PEEP in Escondido, California

Looking for NPS Homestudy Materials

Hello, I am a new grad and just completed my RRT. I am looking to take my NPS exam this summer and was hoping someone out there had a set of the...

JoE in Monticello, New York

Updated 14 months ago

Would like some suggestions on job market predictions - 6 Replies

This discussion is simple. In California it is a tough market and I joined some of you in the same boat. I just want Opinions of possible states...

nini2012 in Torrance, California

Updated 14 months ago

Respiratory therapy Visa Sponsorship - 50 Replies

Hi, I am a RT student, who is expected to graduate in June 2009. Curruntly I am in Advanced Respiratory therapy program and I have good clinical...

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas

Updated 14 months ago

Need serious help!! Please!!!! - 4 Replies

I'm very discourage and nervous about going in to sit for my Crt Board exam! It's been 2years now since I graduated and I have attempted the CRT 4...

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

Updated 14 months ago

Things RT Program Dept Heads dont tell you: - 7 Replies

#1.) They tell you their job placement rates are 80%, 90%??? What they dont tell you is the CoArc's job placement rate is misleading and tainted...

Lynn Horton in Dearborn, Mississippi

Updated 14 months ago

Any current students or grads of RT program at HFCC in Michigan? - 28 Replies

Hi, I am contemplating entering the program at Henry Ford. I met with an advisor who indicated after I completed all the prereqs, it is a 1-2 year...

ladygaga in Gainesville, Georgia

Updated 15 months ago

Respiratory Therapy License with a DUI - 4 Replies

I am currently attending school for Respiratory Therapy in AZ. I have a DUI from 2006 and I am worried that it may prevent me from obtaining my...

RRT in Miami, Florida

Updated 15 months ago

RRT Job Market along the West Coast - 2 Replies

Hello Everyone, I completed my RT training through the US Air Force and I am now seeking a job somewhere along the West Coast. I have submitted...

RRT in Lake Worth, Florida

I would take any respiratory therapist job even for minimum wage!

I can't even get interviews on a regular basis let alone a job. This is totally horrible I would not wish this on anyone. I made a bad decision going...

Unemployed Florida in Pompano Beach, Florida

Updated 15 months ago

I can't understand why anyone would think about going to school for respiratory therapy! - 2 Replies

Finding work in this field is impossible. I have been reduced to living in my car at Walmart, food stamps, Obama phone, soup kitchens and selling my...

ZA in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 15 months ago

CRT RRT SIMS Material from Kettering Seminar for sale. - 4 Replies

Hello- Would anyone be interested in the CRT/Written Registry with Clinical Sims materials by Kettering? 145- Comprehensive CRT/Written...

Fl Rt in Pompano Beach, Florida

HCA INC has corrupt hiring practices!

The hiring managers get kickbacks from respiratory program directors to hire their graduates! The Florida attorney general is investagating the...

Dweebette in Fair Oaks, California

Updated 15 months ago

Kettering Audio (not playaway) - 2 Replies

Ok, I'm going to knuckle under a buy the Kettering program (I have Lindsey Jones already) The thing I don't like is now part of their audio format...

Jishnu in Richmond, Texas

Updated 15 months ago

Lindsay Jones - 44 Replies

Hi...looking to buy or borrow the Lindsay Jones Review for RRT and Clin Sims. Let me know if you have one or know of someone who is willing to part...

too true in Bend, Oregon

Updated 15 months ago

Passing the CRT and RRT NBRC exams is the least of your problems! - 8 Replies

Finding a job in this field is like digging for gold coins in your backyard! New graduates are wasting their time submitting applications. I am a...

Sonny in Grand Terrace, California

Does anyone have AE-C or RPFT Kettering Material?

Hello everyone, I am one of those SoCal RRT's that found out the hard way about our horrible job market. I am trying to build up my resume a little...

BradleyRTstudent in minneapolis, Minnesota

Updated 15 months ago

Living in the Walmart parking lot in my car! No Job - 1 Reply

This field is ruined I have nine years experience and I can't find a job That HCA Inc controls all the hospitals in Florida. I hope they go bankrupt...

3dguy81 in California

Updated 15 months ago

Attending SJVC for Respiratory Therapy program - 7 Replies

Hello, I am hoping I can receive feedback in regards to attending school to become a respiratory therapist. I have been looking into sjvc ' s Rancho...

BradleyRTstudent in minneapolis, Minnesota

KentuckyOne RT Layoffs/ Phase Out attempt

For those who dont know...KentuckyOne has decided to phase out their RT's in their Emergency Department.... good luck First off, This is so...

Kris in Phenix City, Alabama

Kettering Playaway

I am interested in purchasing the CRT/RRT Written Registry Playaway® Audio Unit with Comprehensive Lectures.

NJ RRT in Atlanta, Georgia

Have giving up trying to find a respiratory therapist job.in Florida!

Moved down here in August been on intereviews seems its impossible to get a hospital job! I have nine.years in the field and have obtained the...

mofo in Alhambra, California

Updated 16 months ago

Six months in Florida still no job! - 2 Replies

I am sleeping in.my car in the Walmart parking lot on food stamps, selling my plasma for money twice a week and now have a Obama phone! I have been...

Sad RRT in Pasadena, Texas

Updated 16 months ago

Will Respiratory Care go BSRT? And will it someday get a mid level provider credential? - 2 Replies

I had a general question for all RCP's out there. First, Do we think that Respiratory Care will go all the way to BSRT/BSRC? Second, Do we...

Sad RRT in Pasadena, Texas

Updated 16 months ago

Texas Job Market - 12 Replies

Could any of the current RTs in Texas please comment on the job market for new grads in Texas? Hows the hiring process in the Dallas/Houston/San...

school in North Hollywood, California

neurodiagnostic tech school vs. respiratory therapy

Has anyone attended school to be a neurodiagnostic tech? If so, how was the schooling and is the career outlook good? I am looking into either...

RMW

RESPIRATORY THERAPIST SALARIES IN SOUTH FLORIDA

Hi, I am contemplating a move to broward county florida (specifically the miramar/pembroke pines area). I'd like to know what a registered...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.