Anyone attend Concorde Career College in CA...?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 221)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Ron in Apple Valley, California

77 months ago

Wife's friend started out at $25hr after school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Asheville, North Carolina

75 months ago

I did the crt pogram in Los Angeles in 1993. Wish now I had done the advanced program and gotten my RRT. 14 years later and I still don't have it. Back then there were plenty of CRT jobs. Now they are drying up.

You will have no problems getting jobs as an RRT. You may as a CRT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Alvin in Long Beach, California

75 months ago

I'm currently in Concorde College in Garden Grove for CRT. So your saying to go for RRT??? is it harder to do????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

linda smith247 in Sun City, California

74 months ago

Steve in Asheville, North Carolina said: I did the crt pogram in Los Angeles in 1993. Wish now I had done the advanced program and gotten my RRT. 14 years later and I still don't have it. Back then there were plenty of CRT jobs. Now they are drying up.

You will have no problems getting jobs as an RRT. You may as a CRT.

I know exactly what you mean...me too

Linda

www.attentiontodetailgifts.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KIM@CALI in Bellflower, California

62 months ago

HELP!!! I NEED TO KNOW ANYONES EXPERIENCE AT CONCORDE IN GARDEN GROVE. GOOD??? BAD??? HOW ARE THE TEACHERS THERE? I HAVE 2 KIDS AND I'M LOOKING TO FINISH SCHOOL FAST, I HAVE NO TIME TO WASTE. IS IT GOING TO BE WORTH ALL THE MONEY THAT I PAY? HELP!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (74) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

tony in Simi Valley, California

62 months ago

i dont know about garden grove but i go to concord in N.Hollywood.i really like that school.ive been in the program since november. in 2008 our campus had 100% graduate the NRBC exam. 84 students total. people say you can do it for cheaper at community college but it takes longer. i think its very worth considering schools like ucla usc etc charge $40k a year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

What is your proof that Concorde is a crappy school. My anatomy teacher is a real Medical Doctor. what do you mean real degree? We get A.S degree. You need a A.S.degree to sit for the NBRC exam. You can also study to get RRT credentials at Concorde.

My friends that graduated from Concorde last year are making $5k plus a month. Is that crappy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

somedude in Claremont, California

62 months ago

Snowlover12 in Lomita, California said: All RCP programs are now essentially the same amount of time which is two to three years so you will not be saving any time and you will be paying a great deal for a crappy, rushed education.

In my opinion anyone NOT taking their RCP classes at a community college are poorer prepared for the field. I have taught at private colleges such as Concorde and they are ridiculous.They have RCPs teaching physics, anatomy and nutrition rather than people with masters and ph.Ds in the field. You will find these experts at a real college.

Condorde type colleges pray on the people that are not bright enough to take the required vigourous english, math, microbiology and physics that you must take at community colleges in order to earn the degree. They pray on the low income folks who can get government grants.

Your certificate is just that it is not a real degree. From a community college you recieve a real AS degree with units that transfer to 4 year institutions should you ever want to continue your education.

I also do not believe you will be able to sit for the registry credential which is prefered these days if you go to the overpriced private colleges. But I may be mistaken here as they were trying to change that recently.

Anyway congrats on trying to better your life. Take the time and do it right for yourself and your kids.

I think you may be an ex-disgruntled employee. In such case commenting on the type of education you may receive at Concorde is biased. The whole point of going to a program like concorde is that you finish in 20 months not 2-3 years. Yes of course the community college route has more educated instructors, but respiratory is a trade profession; the physics you learn essentially comes down to gas laws; it doesn't take a PhD to teach that. And for the record you can sit for the RRT as the programs at Concorde are now all RRT only; before it was a separate program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

smelendez03@yahoo.com in Colton, California

61 months ago

tony in Simi Valley, California said: What is your proof that Concorde is a crappy school. My anatomy teacher is a real Medical Doctor. what do you mean real degree? We get A.S degree. You need a A.S.degree to sit for the NBRC exam. You can also study to get RRT credentials at Concorde.

My friends that graduated from Concorde last year are making $5k plus a month. Is that crappy?

Hi tony ,I,m really thinking of going to school in n. Hollywood. How are you doing? Did you graduate and have a job that the school provide for you?And how do you like it. a please let me know cuz if it,s great being a R.T that will be great also if it pays good. we need a good job. I would love to work at a hospital. Please reply thanks Tony sincerly, sonia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RT-Hopeful in San Bernardino, California

61 months ago

smelendez03@yahoo.com in Colton, California said: Hi tony ,I,m really thinking of going to school in n. Hollywood. How are you doing? Did you graduate and have a job that the school provide for you?And how do you like it. a please let me know cuz if it,s great being a R.T that will be great also if it pays good. we need a good job. I would love to work at a hospital. Please reply thanks Tony sincerly, sonia

just curious, if you are in Colton, why would you go to the one in N.Hollywood and not San Bernardino?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

newmommy in Los Angeles, California

61 months ago

Hi. I graduated a year ago, but haven't passed my CRT exams due to life occurrences & a newborn baby. I took the boards a few times, but was discouraged to take it again. A lot of wasted time has passed. How do I get my feet back into the field so I can successfully pass the boards. I feel like I have forgotten a lot of the material. The Kettering seminars doesn't start anytime soon and I live far from most of the campuses that offers them. What else can I do besides Kettering? I feel so lost. Are there any non-paid intern/externships to help me re-learn some material for the field? Where or what can a unlicensed RT new graduate work as in the mean time until they pass the boards? Please help! Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

smelendez03@yahoo.com in Colton, California said: Hi tony ,I,m really thinking of going to school in n. Hollywood. How are you doing? Did you graduate and have a job that the school provide for you?And how do you like it. a please let me know cuz if it,s great being a R.T that will be great also if it pays good. we need a good job. I would love to work at a hospital. Please reply thanks Tony sincerly, sonia

Hi Sonia,
I'm currently still enrolled at concorde. My graduation date isn't till 4/10. I actually really like it.Its great for people who wanna finish school fast and move on with life. As far as pay the average is %50k a year. The school doesnt provide you with a job but if the hospital you do your clinicals at like you, they might offer you a job. gl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

RT007 in South San Francisco, California

61 months ago

Sonia, employers will look at you favorable if you have at least an AS in Respiratory Therapy, or a higher degree. My 2 cents

BOREDRT in Montebello, California

60 months ago

RT007 in South San Francisco, California said: Sonia, employers will look at you favorable if you have at least an AS in Respiratory Therapy, or a higher degree. My 2 cents

All pograms since 2000 are AS programs; its mandatory.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

krysr88 in Redding, California

60 months ago

tony in Simi Valley, California said: Hi Sonia,
I'm currently still enrolled at concorde. My graduation date isn't till 4/10. I actually really like it.Its great for people who wanna finish school fast and move on with life. As far as pay the average is %50k a year. The school doesnt provide you with a job but if the hospital you do your clinicals at like you, they might offer you a job. gl

Hey Toni,
I currently go to Garden Grove for the RRT and live in Simi Valley and trying to transfer to the North Hollywood but my school reps state that North Hollywood isn't a good school to go through and they have a bad rap and so on. So From what you have said it sounds like your having a good experience. Have you talked with anyone that has graduated from North Hollywood and if they had any problems finding work?
Thank you for your help!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KT in Stanton, California

60 months ago

Glad someone started this thread.

Besides Concorde/private colleges..does any one know where else in Orange County do they offer this program? A friend told me that she went to an adult school in Simi Valley and paid $4,000 for tuition. Concorde I heard is $40,000.

I also found out that Orange Coast College offers this program too but it will take about 2 years.

Thanks for any help.

krysr88 in Moorpark, California

60 months ago

KT in Stanton, California said: Glad someone started this thread.

Besides Concorde/private colleges..does any one know where else in Orange County do they offer this program? A friend told me that she went to an adult school in Simi Valley and paid $4,000 for tuition. Concorde I heard is $40,000.

I also found out that Orange Coast College offers this program too but it will take about 2 years.

Thanks for any help.

So the problem with Simi Valley Adult school because i looked into it, is that you are only eligable for CRT not RRT and from what most rt's working say you most get a RRT inorder to get hired. The only reason why I chose to go through concorde is time, you will save thousands of dollars going through a public college but the 2 or 3 years of pre-req's or waiting list you wait for not making money...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lissssssssssssa in la puente, California

60 months ago

im thinking of going to the campus in garden grove, for RT will i have any problems finding a job?

g in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

krysr88 in Moorpark, California said: So the problem with Simi Valley Adult school because i looked into it, is that you are only eligable for CRT not RRT and from what most rt's working say you most get a RRT inorder to get hired. The only reason why I chose to go through concorde is time, you will save thousands of dollars going through a public college but the 2 or 3 years of pre-req's or waiting list you wait for not making money...

What exactly does that mean? I have about half my pre-reqs done from a local community college. I only heard about Simi valley until now. can you please explain why you cant be eligible for RRT after the program? and does Simi Valley usually have a long waiting list? Would you recommend that I finish all my prereqs before applying to Simi Valley for the RT program? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

krysr88 in Moorpark, California

60 months ago

g in Los Angeles, California said: What exactly does that mean? I have about half my pre-reqs done from a local community college. I only heard about Simi valley until now. can you please explain why you cant be eligible for RRT after the program? and does Simi Valley usually have a long waiting list? Would you recommend that I finish all my prereqs before applying to Simi Valley for the RT program? Thanks!

crt=certified respiratory therapist and rrt= registered respiratory therapist. With concorde you get a AA when you graduate which is why you eligable to become a rrt. With SImi Valley adult school you do not. A community college you do as well. If your doing pre req's and going to get your degree thru community than of course continue. If you plan on going to concorde, they require you to do your pre req's there and nothing is transferable. As I have my bachelors degree and concorde wouldn't accept any of my credits. hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

mia in Downey, California

60 months ago

im thinking of going to CONCORDE fo RT in Garden Grove. Do I gotta take the basic such as english, math?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

krysr88 in Redding, California said: Hey Toni,
I currently go to Garden Grove for the RRT and live in Simi Valley and trying to transfer to the North Hollywood but my school reps state that North Hollywood isn't a good school to go through and they have a bad rap and so on. So From what you have said it sounds like your having a good experience. Have you talked with anyone that has graduated from North Hollywood and if they had any problems finding work?
Thank you for your help!!

hi,
well last week we took home the sputum bowl. idk if garden grove participates in that. san bernadino and n.hollywood did like a jeopardy type game in west covina library and we won so i dont know why we have a bad rap. Maybe that campus jus wants ur money idk. Anyways i have a friend that graduated from n.hollywood 2 years ago and hes making really good money. i have another friend thats graduating in a week and he got offered a job. hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

henry in Los Angeles, California

59 months ago

hi guys. what would be the reason why someone goes to concorde or a community college like OCC, mt sac, el camino when its the same route (getting your RRT?). im juggling where to go and it seems like each schools have slightly different curriculum and programs, but offer RRT exam upon graduation. is there anyone that decided to go to a community college over concorde or vice versa disregarding the cost?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sylvia in Yorba Linda, California

59 months ago

Snowlover12 in Lomita, California said: All RCP programs are now essentially the same amount of time which is two to three years so you will not be saving any time and you will be paying a great deal for a crappy, rushed education.

In my opinion anyone NOT taking their RCP classes at a community college are poorer prepared for the field. I have taught at private colleges such as Concorde and they are ridiculous.They have RCPs teaching physics, anatomy and nutrition rather than people with masters and ph.Ds in the field. You will find these experts at a real college.

Condorde type colleges pray on the people that are not bright enough to take the required vigourous english, math, microbiology and physics that you must take at community colleges in order to earn the degree. They pray on the low income folks who can get government grants.

Your certificate is just that it is not a real degree. From a community college you recieve a real AS degree with units that transfer to 4 year institutions should you ever want to continue your education.

I also do not believe you will be able to sit for the registry credential which is prefered these days if you go to the overpriced private colleges. But I may be mistaken here as they were trying to change that recently.

Anyway congrats on trying to better your life. Take the time and do it right for yourself and your kids.

Actually, you do get an AS degree AND you can sit for the RRT exam and when you pass--you are a real RRT!! Its an accelerated program and I can assure you that the people going thru the program, some are bright, they may not have the time to spend 4+ years at a community college. Beside, the NBRC is a national standards test and NO MATTER what school you go to, you still have to pass that test, so obviously if you pass it, you learned what you needed to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mimi in Victorville, California

59 months ago

Hello Mac in N. Port Florida,
what do you mean CRT's are getting phased out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

henry kim in Los Angeles, California

59 months ago

Mimi in Victorville, California said: Hello Mac in N. Port Florida,
what do you mean CRT's are getting phased out?

i've done my research in asking hospital recruiters they prefer to get a RRT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mimi

59 months ago

Sorry, what's an RRT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

lissssssssssssa in la puente, California said: im thinking of going to the campus in garden grove, for RT will i have any problems finding a job?

hey lisa, i plan on attending concorde in garden grove too, i met with an advisor last tuesday. we have to take a HOBIT exam and a short exam in prior to get into the program. currently she said there is a waiting list for the october term and the next term is in february.

59 months ago

mimi said: Sorry, what's an RRT?

Registered respiratory therapist meaning you are fully licensed to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

hey mimi, just a question. why would you choose concorde over a community college? is it because it takes only 20 months to finish the program? im actually debating with myself if i should attend concorde in garden grove or a community college

henry in Fullerton, California

59 months ago

is that what she said? i dont think thats true. hey lisa, so where do you plan on attending? im looking at occ and mt sac now. but doing my first prereq at el camino. lets talk about this.

formycyhenry@hotmail.com

LInda Rivas in Los Angeles, California

59 months ago

henry kim in Los Angeles, California said: i've done my research in asking hospital recruiters they prefer to get a RRT.

Hello Henry Kim,

Did you happen to ask about their (hospital recruiters') opinion on Concorde?

Kiannah in Perris, California

59 months ago

I Love working as a RRT. I graduated from San Bernardino and I am a young mother with 3 babies.. MY oldest just started Kindegarten. I can honestly say that Concorde has your best interest at heart. I have volunteered at multiple hospitals on my own time. Concorde does have clinicals but I took it upon myself to do more volunteering just so I can get a fill of the position. Concorde had me at Arrowhead Hospital but I went to Loma Linda and volunteered. I got 4 job offers from LLMC Arrowhead, Kaiser, and Pomona Valley. What are you saying Kiannah? Well I'm saying it's what you make of it. I also sat in on university courses and JC courses. So by getting all of that experiance I was able to put all of that On my resume. I currently make 6,245 a month and I graduated in 2008. It doesn't matter where you go to school honestly.. it just matters if you show that you are able to do the job and by volunteering while going to school you will show the hospitals. It took me EXACTLY 17 months to be at this rate. I have a friend who graduated from a JC and she can hardly find a job because she has no other experiance. She just went to school and that's it. Hope this was helpful..

Peace and Love all of Gods children

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lbowknee in San Diego, California

59 months ago

Thanks for sharing Kiannah, can you please tell me, after you graduated did you take your state boards right away or did you have to work for a year first? thanks for your reply

marylr in Los Angeles, California

59 months ago

Kiannah in Perris, California said: I Love working as a RRT. I graduated from San Bernardino and I am a young mother with 3 babies.. MY oldest just started Kindegarten. I can honestly say that Concorde has your best interest at heart. I have volunteered at multiple hospitals on my own time. Concorde does have clinicals but I took it upon myself to do more volunteering just so I can get a fill of the position. Concorde had me at Arrowhead Hospital but I went to Loma Linda and volunteered. I got 4 job offers from LLMC Arrowhead, Kaiser, and Pomona Valley. What are you saying Kiannah? Well I'm saying it's what you make of it. I also sat in on university courses and JC courses. So by getting all of that experiance I was able to put all of that On my resume. I currently make 6,245 a month and I graduated in 2008. It doesn't matter where you go to school honestly.. it just matters if you show that you are able to do the job and by volunteering while going to school you will show the hospitals. It took me EXACTLY 17 months to be at this rate. I have a friend who graduated from a JC and she can hardly find a job because she has no other experiance. She just went to school and that's it. Hope this was helpful..

Peace and Love all of Gods children

It was relieving to read your comment. Question: So hospitals will let you volunteer after you pass the state boards and are certified or also while doing your clinicals?

Thank you

Linda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Kiannah in Perris>

It was relieving to read your comment. Question: So hospitals will let you volunteer after you pass the state boards and are certified or also while doing your clinicals?
Thank you

Linda in North Long Beach,CA

59 months ago

While your doing Clinicals. There is competition between Colleges on who can get the best Clinical sites... So Best believe that all Hospitals have Clinicals that are done year around. My Uncle works for UCLA and he doesn't mind any other students from anyother Colleges coming in to Volunteer. You will only be asked to do what you have knowledge of. So don't be streesed in thinking you will be in the way or out of place. When I went to Loma Linda I did my clinicals with Loma Linda University students. They knew who I was and my education and we were all of the same page. This is the best medical career because it doesn't matter what school you attended its all about your experiances. You have to talk to the recruiter from that Hospital. My Uncle working at UCLA didn't give him the authority to give me permission but he led me to the recruiter and I was able to set up my own schedule. My Aunt has been a RRT for 24 years..she now makes 72,000 and that in Arizona. So with Arizonas prices she is actually living LARGE! I would tell anyone to please choose this career. Physical Therapist is also a great one... My sister is one and she loves her job as well...
Happy to help.. Concorde college was my best choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

lbowknee in San Diego, California said: Thanks for sharing Kiannah, can you please tell me, after you graduated did you take your state boards right away or did you have to work for a year first? thanks for your reply

I continued volunteering and sitting in on classes.. I graduated after 15 months but thats why I said I actually finished in 17 because I wanted more and more experiance. After 17 months I decided yes It's time to take the board. I passed easily because of the experiance while still volunteering. After finding out that I passed I then looked into where I wanted to work. It's as easy as one two three. Most importantly is that you have to remember you are alone! Yes you have classmates and you have a teacher but when you go off and work you will be alone. Please don't go to school and try to fit in. Your job is not to fit in and be comfortable with what your learning but to hunger for more and more. Once you realize that you are hungry for what you want and you'll do anything to get it, you will always succeed.
At the age of 23, after 2 years of hard work and dedication.. I have found my Career and can't nobody take that from me!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RT-Hopeful in San Bernardino, California

59 months ago

Kiannah in Perris, California said: While your doing Clinicals. There is competition between Colleges on who can get the best Clinical sites... So Best believe that all Hospitals have Clinicals that are done year around. My Uncle works for UCLA and he doesn't mind any other students from anyother Colleges coming in to Volunteer. You will only be asked to do what you have knowledge of. So don't be streesed in thinking you will be in the way or out of place. When I went to Loma Linda I did my clinicals with Loma Linda University students. They knew who I was and my education and we were all of the same page. This is the best medical career because it doesn't matter what school you attended its all about your experiances. You have to talk to the recruiter from that Hospital. My Uncle working at UCLA didn't give him the authority to give me permission but he led me to the recruiter and I was able to set up my own schedule. My Aunt has been a RRT for 24 years..she now makes 72,000 and that in Arizona. So with Arizonas prices she is actually living LARGE! I would tell anyone to please choose this career. Physical Therapist is also a great one... My sister is one and she loves her job as well...
Happy to help.. Concorde college was my best choice.

So you are making the same as your Aunt who has 24 years experience? Are you making that at one job or do you have multiple jobs? Was that your starting rate or have you worked up to that? I greatly appreciate your wonderful comments as there are so many on the board who say such negative things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

I work 2 jobs Im currently paying off the loans ...One Company is privately owned so it's just me and 3 others there I work less hours with higher pay because of payroll. So there are many options of careers in RRT. Good God bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sandralariz in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

How much did it cost at concorde college for RRT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lucy in Hesperia, California

58 months ago

If you are working as a RRT, what is a typical day? What do you do? Is it busy and fast paced or are you looking for things to do? I don't know anything about this profession,any feedback would be great.

Slamaque in Victorville, California

58 months ago

Has any one taken the LVN course at Concorde in San Bernadino. If so how was it, the instructors, clinical etc? Did you get a job right after finishing the program. Do you feel the LVN program is better then the RRT program. I'm thinkng about changing my major from dental hygiene to LVN or RRT. But I'm not to sure because I'v been in the dental field for so long I'm scared to change to somethning completely different. But I need to make a chnage either way. Some honest advice would be appreciated.

RRRRRRRt in Upland, California

58 months ago

Slamaque in Victorville, California said: Has any one taken the LVN course at Concorde in San Bernadino. If so how was it, the instructors, clinical etc? Did you get a job right after finishing the program. Do you feel the LVN program is better then the RRT program. I'm thinkng about changing my major from dental hygiene to LVN or RRT. But I'm not to sure because I'v been in the dental field for so long I'm scared to change to somethning completely different. But I need to make a chnage either way. Some honest advice would be appreciated.

I would not do LVN unless you plan on becoming an RN. An LVN does not make as much money as an RT; RN however makes a little more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Debrila in Upland, California

58 months ago

I was thinking of taking the LVN program in Concorde San Bernardino, I have been looking around at different schools and they are all very expensive. Has anyone gone to the SB campus for LVN? What was your experience do you recommmend it? I was going to check out Northwest College in Pomona as well.

Thx

T & T in Upland, California

58 months ago

Debrila in Upland, California said: I was thinking of taking the LVN program in Concorde San Bernardino, I have been looking around at different schools and they are all very expensive. Has anyone gone to the SB campus for LVN? What was your experience do you recommmend it? I was going to check out Northwest College in Pomona as well.

Thx

hey so did u went to SB campus? did you know how much it cost? because im planning to go there too so let me know thx

58 months ago

To: RRRRRt. I've done a lot of research on private schools; I can honestly tell you I was impressed by Concorde, Garden Grove. However not all Concorde campuses are the same; just make sure you feel comfortable and definitely compare to at least one more private college in your area. Word of caution, almost all the community colleges are either impacted or have a waiting list for the majority -if not all- the health professions. Start looking into that factor A.S.AP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

BOREDRT in Upland, California

58 months ago

marylr in Los Angeles, California said: To: RRRRRt. I've done a lot of research on private schools; I can honestly tell you I was impressed by Concorde, Garden Grove. However not all Concorde campuses are the same; just make sure you feel comfortable and definitely compare to at least one more private college in your area. Word of caution, almost all the community colleges are either impacted or have a waiting list for the majority -if not all- the health professions. Start looking into that factor A.S.AP.

RRRRT WASNT THE ONE ASKING ABOUT LVN; JUST A NOTE.

kenaigal in Lake Worth, Florida

58 months ago

I really want to do RT. Big concern, however, is whether I will have to work night shifts right out of school. (I have small children and a husband who travels with business all week and nights wouldn't work.) Are there other places besides hospitals to work that might have more traditional working hours? Thanks for any help from you seasoned veterans!

chicoscooter36 in Whittier, California

53 months ago

henry in Los Angeles, California said: hi guys. what would be the reason why someone goes to concorde or a community college like OCC, mt sac, el camino when its the same route (getting your RRT?). im juggling where to go and it seems like each schools have slightly different curriculum and programs, but offer RRT exam upon graduation. is there anyone that decided to go to a community college over concorde or vice versa disregarding the cost?

I used to go to a community college but right now, its almost impossible to get a class because of they are so full, I never considered concored because of the price but I think its worth it, otherwise you can be in a community college for years before you finish vs concorde

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.