Average Respiratory Pay in Los Angeles California

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 327)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Timothy in Long Beach, California

84 months ago

Kenny -

I am currently studying to obtain my RT license. However, I have some friends that have been working as RTs for over a year now throughout the LA area. The range of pay that I have seen is about $400-$490 per shift (12 hours). If you apply for a full time position within a hospital you will of course get benefits along with your employment package. But, you will also get lower pay. If, however, you seek employment with one of the many registries, you can earn as much as $490 per shift, but not all registries provide benefits and the hours are of course not guaranteed. My good friend works registry and does not get hours cancelled very often. The hospitals here are in constant need of RTs and nurses. And the cost of living favors our profession quite nicely. My friend works an avg of about 1-2 days per week and pays all of her bills plus spending. I know...it's quite nice. So, if you have any further questions please feel free to contact me via email at tim@tryanproperties.com. Take care and hope you enjoy your experience.

Tim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

ALTY IN ORNGE in East Orange, New Jersey

82 months ago

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I COULD GO TO GET MY RT LICENSEOR GO TO SCHOOL FOR IT,WITHOUT GOING TO COLLEGE IS THRE IS A BUSINESSS SCHOOL FOR THAT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

alisa in Simi Valley, California

81 months ago

ALTY IN ORNGE in East Orange, New Jersey said: I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I COULD GO TO GET MY RT LICENSEOR GO TO SCHOOL FOR IT,WITHOUT GOING TO COLLEGE IS THRE IS A BUSINESSS SCHOOL FOR THAT.

There is a school called California College for Health Sciences through independence university. Do a google search for independence university and it will pull up. It is a completely distance based program where you receive an associate's degree and are eligible to sit for the CRT and RRT exams. It is fully accredited. You have to do clinicals locally and find a hospital on your own that will sponsor you which can be difficult, but worth it. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Apple Valley, California

80 months ago

alisa in Simi Valley, California said: There is a school called California College for Health Sciences through independence university. Do a google search for independence university and it will pull up. It is a completely distance based program where you receive an associate's degree and are eligible to sit for the CRT and RRT exams. It is fully accredited. You have to do clinicals locally and find a hospital on your own that will sponsor you which can be difficult, but worth it. Good luck.

How much did it cost? Please email me.

Ron

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jayster in San Diego, California

79 months ago

Timothy in Long Beach, California said: Kenny -

I am currently studying to obtain my RT license. However, I have some friends that have been working as RTs for over a year now throughout the LA area. The range of pay that I have seen is about $400-$490 per shift (12 hours). If you apply for a full time position within a hospital you will of course get benefits along with your employment package. But, you will also get lower pay. If, however, you seek employment with one of the many registries, you can earn as much as $490 per shift, but not all registries provide benefits and the hours are of course not guaranteed. My good friend works registry and does not get hours cancelled very often. The hospitals here are in constant need of RTs and nurses. And the cost of living favors our profession quite nicely. My friend works an avg of about 1-2 days per week and pays all of her bills plus spending. I know...it's quite nice. So, if you have any further questions please feel free to contact me via email at tim@tryanproperties.com. Take care and hope you enjoy your experience.

Tim

Hey Tim, just wondering which registery your friend is working. I work in San Diego and my pay is crap compared to your friend's. Please help.
Jayster RCP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Phoenix, Arizona

79 months ago

I work night shift as a RRT per diem therapist for a particular hospital in PHX AZ. Meaning I don't get any benifits. However, after shift differential factored in, I make $33.60 an hour. Double time is offered for any shifts over 36 hours. Meaning that extra shifts I pick up I make $67.20 an hour. Yes, I make just over $800 for an extra 12 hour shift, and I am able to pick up to 2 to 4 shift per pay period.
Anyway, what I have observed from applying to hospitals in California is the pay they are willing to offer me makes moving there not worth it. When you factor in the outrageous cost of living and the bull sh*t California state income taxes you realize that what they are offering RTs makes it definitly not worth it. I was talking to a PICU physcian that was working at UCLA, and he told me that he himself could not afford to buy a decent home to live in. Cali is definitley a state in where there are "Haves and have nots". I guess the weather makes it worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah Adkins in Sheboygan, Wisconsin

79 months ago

Hello Tim,
My name is Sarah and I am from Sheboygan Falls WI. I am going to start MATC in Madison WI in the fall of 2008 and I am thinking about going to school for a REspiratory Therapist. I seen your paragraph or so you wrote on it. My question is over all the pay is pretty good or does it sort of depend where ya live? I want to be able to make a good amount of money but I dont want to have a hard time getting a job either. Are Respiratory Therapist's needed pretty much every where ?
Sarah

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

alisa in Encino, California

79 months ago

For a new grad RRT, what is a good hospital to work for and how much money can you expect/demand to make?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

paco in Antioch, Tennessee

78 months ago

its nice to read up on peole with similar proffession.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Denver, Colorado

78 months ago

Is it as hard as I hear to get a California license? I'm starting the process now. Whats the average waiting time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Pablo Pujana in Dallas, Texas

77 months ago

im not sure what registries are, but if you do traveling assignments you can make good money with guaranteed hours. Im currently trying to fill 2 positions. One within 60 miles of Los Angeles paying roughly $35p/h and another one in California within an hour of Reno paying about $37p/h. all 13 week assingments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ram in Lancaster, California

76 months ago

what about starting salary for a RRT with NPS at a childrens hospital? no experience, just a new grad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rashaad in Inglewood, California

76 months ago

Hi I'm 17 I will be graduation this year in i would like to know if anyone could help me with infomation on Respiratory Theraphy. I've been wanting to do this since I was child. I had a friend who died from asthma in vowed to do this in his honor. my e-mail is
(papa19902fly27@yahoo.com) I was a bit Immature when i made this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Susan D. in Louisville, Kentucky

76 months ago

For a list of respiratory programs go to www.aarc.org then click on the 'education' link. There you will find a list of programs, their accreditation status and whether they offer entry level or advanced therapist training, and how to contact those programs. Of course California College/Independence University is not listed here, but they are fully accredited, but like was previously mentioned.. you have to find and arrange for your own clinical sites which can be really tough to do and without the clinical time.. the education alone will not qualify you to sit for the NBRC exams. CCHS is a good program but I would only recommend it if you are unable to attend a program in your area because of the difficulty in getting clinical sites and the cost.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ReconiizeRoyalty in Phoenix, Arizona

76 months ago

which hospital are you working for?....that sounds great! I'm just completing my first year of RT school but I'm coming to the point where i want to have ideas of great places to work. Do you know if Phoenix children's hospital is a good place to work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

which hospital in Phoenix are you working for???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA. I'M A HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR LOOKING FOWARD TO GOING TO SCHOOL TO BECOME A RT. I LEARN ABOUT THIS SITE THREW A FRIEND I JUST WANTED PEOPLE TO SEND ME SCHOOL'S THAT THEY KNOW OF THE OFFER ENTRY LEVEL STUDIES NOT ADVANCED

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sheun in Lawndale, California

76 months ago

Rashaad in Inglewood, California said: I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA. I'M A HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR LOOKING FOWARD TO GOING TO SCHOOL TO BECOME A RT. I LEARN ABOUT THIS SITE THREW A FRIEND I JUST WANTED PEOPLE TO SEND ME SCHOOL'S THAT THEY KNOW OF THE OFFER ENTRY LEVEL STUDIES NOT ADVANCED

hey Rashaad, Try ELcamino college.They have an Entry Level Respiratory Program. I am Presently a Senior at Elcamino will be graduating June.If U need any info. stop by at Elco.

76 months ago

thank's that help me so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lorena in Lake Elsinore, California

75 months ago

Timothy in Long Beach, California said: Kenny -

Tim

hello ..
im very intrested im this career..
i would like to know more about it and what classes i would need to take im order to accomplish my goal!!
i would also like to know where is it that your going to school??

75 months ago

Kenny B in Phoenix, Arizona said: I am an RRT with 12 twelve years of experience currently living in Arizona. I recently got my California license and I am interested in relocating to Los Angeles California. I was wondering if anyone that is familiar with this scene please clue me into what are the good hospitals to work at, and which one should I avoid. Also, what seems to be the average base pay most RTs are getting in the LA hospitals. So I know what to negotiate. Finally, does the LA hospitals use alot of agency therapist even during the summer time.

hi kenny,

I'm at the end of my first year in the RT program and I'm starting to look around at some options. How is the pay in Phoenix? Do most of the hospitals in Phoenix offer overtime? And do you know if Phoenix Children's Hospital is a nice place to work?

Thanks,

Matthew

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alvin in Hacienda Heights, California

75 months ago

Lisa P. in San Bernardino, California said: Concorde Career Institute offers a Respiratory Therapy program and they also offer Advanced Respiratory Therapy. I have about 10 months of classes left until graduation. I love the professors at the school because they really care about the education of the students. They don't only teach you through books. They arrange visits to local rehabilitation centers where you can get some hands on experience that is of course monitored by RNs or RRTs. You also have 9 months of clinicals that you must complete.

I also am in the Concorde Career Institute in garden grove. I'm almost done with the first term. So far I'm liking it... =D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

None I'm now looking for a school I'm Currently in the 12th grade

alvin in Pomona, California

75 months ago

Lisa P. in San Bernardino, California said: What classes are you taking now Alvin?

I am taking Microbiology. Next term is going to be anatomy and physiology. With Psyc. But my classmates are great. I am having fun with them. but once RT classes i duno how that is going to be

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tony Mong in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

Lisa P. in San Bernardino, California said: Concorde Career Institute offers a Respiratory Therapy program and they also offer Advanced Respiratory Therapy. I have about 10 months of classes left until graduation. I love the professors at the school because they really care about the education of the students. They don't only teach you through books. They arrange visits to local rehabilitation centers where you can get some hands on experience that is of course monitored by RNs or RRTs. You also have 9 months of clinicals that you must complete.

how long does the entire course take, because im about to meet with an admissions rep and i would like to know a little bit about the college before i walk in. i would like to have some questions to ask him with some knowledge from current students.

Abby in Long Beach, California

74 months ago

I met with someone at concorde today, they told me the entire course would cost me 40,000! Is this alot of money? I haven't looked around much, and does anyone know if they place you on job right away so I could pay my loans or does it take a while before they help you find a job??

Lisa P. in San Bernardino, California

74 months ago

Well, it's 29,000 for the regular respiratory therapy program that would get you your CRT. An extra 10,000 if you want to go for the advanced respiratory therapy program for your RRT. Most of your job offers would actually come from your clinical sites which you do the last 9 months of the regular respiratory therapy program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Victorville, California

74 months ago

Lisa, where did you go? Are you a CRT or RRT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Thanks Lisa, Well it's good to know that the clinic work is included in the time period of the course, does anyone know how much it an RRT Rep Ther would make in the first year of working in one of those clinics, or how much I would make in my first year of working in a hospital?

alisa in Encino, California

74 months ago

Susan D. in Louisville, Kentucky said: For a list of respiratory programs go to www.aarc.org then click on the 'education' link. There you will find a list of programs, their accreditation status and whether they offer entry level or advanced therapist training, and how to contact those programs. Of course California College/Independence University is not listed here, but they are fully accredited, but like was previously mentioned.. you have to find and arrange for your own clinical sites which can be really tough to do and without the clinical time.. the education alone will not qualify you to sit for the NBRC exams. CCHS is a good program but I would only recommend it if you are unable to attend a program in your area because of the difficulty in getting clinical sites and the cost.

It's important to note that this school IS listed on www.aarc.org, just under the state of Utah. If you did decide to go to this school, find a clinical site first. Also, although it is pricey, it's not as expensive as Concorde which is $40,000 for CRT and $50,000 for RRT! CCHS is more like $14,000 - $20,000. Pricey, but still HALF of Concorde's price. I am in the program now and very happy w/ it.

74 months ago

Abby, Programs like those that Concord offers can be extremely expensive. From what I gather they promise accelerated courses at a high cost attempting to lure students who want a 'quick solution'. I don't know how good their program is in that particular location, but what I personally don't understand is why anyone would be willing to pay that kind of money when you could easily go to a local community college that offers RT for a fraction of that cost.

There is no 'quick solution' for an education in the respiratory care field. Yes, it's typically offered as a 2 year degree program, after completing admission prereqs and some colleges and universities offer a bachelors program.

I don't know whats available in your area but my first reaction is.. NO WAY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ted in Cape Coral, Florida

74 months ago

Amen Susan! I'm starting to feel like this forum is becoming over-run with "recruiters" for this online program. 20000 for an online program is insane, considering the fact that you aren't guaranteed a clinical spot that you have to find by yourself. The program is sketch at best, a college named the California College for Health Sciences, based out of UTAH would raise a few alarms for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Lisa P. in San Bernardino, California said: Hi Ron. I'm currently going to Concorde Career Institute in San Bernardiino, CA. I start my clinical rotations at Corona Regional Medical Center next week. I'm in the regular respiratory therapy program that would allow me to sit for my CRT, but once I'm done with the program (9 more months to go) then I'm going into the advanced respiratory therapy program that would allow me to sit for the RRT...the advanced program is only 6 months long.

I actually tested for that at concorde and passed (I might add) but wife had our baby and we moved and the $5000 down they wanted was gone. I should have started this spring in that class. So, I am going to CCSH now :-)

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Hi Ted,

We meet up again :-) As for as I know CCSD (a college in San Diego) is the sister to CCHS. Soomeone can correct me if I am wrong? While I am no recruiter, I feel this program is good for me personally. If you get your education from online or sleep better showing up to a class so your friends are ok with it. Who cares. Just get an education. :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Alvin in Hacienda Heights, California

74 months ago

Ron in Victorville, California said: I actually tested for that at concorde and passed (I might add) but wife had our baby and we moved and the $5000 down they wanted was gone. I should have started this spring in that class. So, I am going to CCSH now :-)

Good luck!

HI,

im actually in the RT program in garden grove in california. Just finished the first term!! starting the second term on June 9. So far from what i hear. its going to be a fun ride till i sit for the CRT test. I also am going to stay for another 6 mnotnhs and sit for the RRT hopefully. From what i hear its best to get the RRT now.

74 months ago

Hey Alvin,

I agree. The program I am in, you can do both CRT and RRT. That's a little drive for you in OC traffic :-) 60fwy and 605fwy still a nightmare? I went to LMHS many moons ago.

74 months ago

Susan, Thanks for your advice, this could be a total life changing decision 4 me (especially since I would be going in debt 40,000) But If I were to get my AS in RT at a local community college, (I only have my high school diploma, no college background what so ever) how long would this process take me? Any one know? And does anyone know how much an RT makes in their first year?

74 months ago

I do. SHHHH! In case Ted comes around :-) About $25hr as a CRT for the Inland Empire. For loal college. You have to take prereqs, the your schooling. Over here at Victor Valley. Once your prereqs are done, then you "apply" to get into the R/T program as there is a waiting list. Some have waited almost 2yrs! just to get in. Also, you must keep taking classes even if your done, to keep your place in line.

Hense, the reason I atended CCHS :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Sorry for the typo's. It's late. Hope this helps.

74 months ago

I certainly remember having to apply, meet admission requirements and then WAIT until there was an opening available back when I went to school. Concorde and CCHS do offer earlier entry, but at what cost? For those willing and able to pay those exhorbitant tuition and fees, fine. But I'm guessing the majority of potential RT's do not have an extra 40K lying around.

One could go to a local community college and/or state university much cheaper in my opinion, which is exactly what I did years ago. When I got into respiratory I immediately applied to the university and program which I ultimately graduated from. Since the next class was just under 2 years out I was granted provisional acceptance.. which just means that if I could meet the prereq, academic, and other requirements before that time they would grant me a place in that class. The next 3 semesters that I had to wait (for the next class to begin and final aceptance into the program) were easily filled by taking my prereqs at a local community college which was much less expensive than actually taking those same courses at the university.

I was going on faith and excellent advice from advisors at both the community college and the university that my grades at the community college level along with top notch recommendations from my professors were going to secure me a spot in that class... and it did. I did not get my official acceptance into the RT program until about 2 months before I was to begin classes at the university.

That waiting time was in no way wasted and saved me tens of thousands of dollars. I graduated from the university completely debt free because I was able to secure scholarships to cover the cost of my community college courses. I needed every bit of that waiting time to complete my prereqs. To guarantee my placement I took coursework which exceeded the programs credit requirements.

74 months ago

Continued reply to ABBY:

by exceeding requirements, instead of taking the required anatomy and physiology course (4 hours) I took them separately (giving me 6 or 7 hours.. and gained a much deeper understanding of information I needed to succeed in the university program) In addition to taking qualitative chemistry, I took organic chem as well. I also took additional physics so when I presented my final profile to the university RT program to get my official acceptance, instead of the 44 hours they required I had just over 50 hours of prereqs... in 3 semesters and YES it was tough to squeeze it all in that SHORT waiting time.

With all those hours crammed into those few semesters, it was impossible for me to work during those years and yeah I was really poor but I knew it was temporary. For extra cash I would tutor for the professors at the community college which made it even easier for me to get those recommendations from them later and the tutoring gave me extra study time and review. Typically full time is considered 12+ hours a semester. Lots of colleges at a certain point cut off the tuition for full time students and I essentially got free courses by loading my schedule this way.. other than the book and lab costs.

Abby, before you even give recruiters to those high priced programs the time of day, go talk to advisors at both community colleges or public universitys near you. Go to the financial aid office and see what scholarships and grants area available. Don't forget about scholarships that are offered by hospitals too. I'm not from here in Louisville, just working a travel contract here but I know that Jewish Hospital here offers a scholarship program where they will give you money on the front end for your courses for a commitment to work for them upon graduation. Many hospitals offer these types of deals. Last but not least, don't be afraid of loans if you have to have them, but don't go crazy with them because it's easier to think now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Continued to ABBY:

its easier to think now.. oh I can repay that after I graduate, but its not that easy because you will be working have expenses and it can be tough to repay those loans. As of 2 years ago Tenet Healthcare would pay up to $400 a month towards student loan payments for employees.. from day 1... not sure what they offer now. There might also be the possibility of 'loan forgiveness'. Some student loans have a provision which offers to forgive a percentage of your loans for each year you work in certain allied health fields, but you have to apply for a deferment and then the forgiveness. There are requirements that have to be followed to the letter so know what you are getting into before you even borrow the first $.

Get out and do your homework.. go talk to and meet with advisors & financial aid people at the local colleges, as well as hospital HR reps to see what they are offering in the way of funds. You won't regret it. THEN if you decide you really want to shell out 40k (+ interest), then thats your choice, but its certainly not necessary to spend that kind of money. Those recruiters are high pressure and just love to scare prospective students with the thought that public colleges have that 'long wait' to get in.

Best of Luck to you!

74 months ago

P.S. Abby:

As far as length of time.. any allied health professional can tell you.. those so called 2 year or associate degree programs (nursing, respiratory, radiology, etc.), generally take 3 to 3.5 years to complete because the prereqs to get into that program are not considered actual program time and are not counted in the '2 years'. Talk to advisors and see if you can add a few courses to make it an even 4 years and get your bachelors!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Abby in Long Beach, California said: Thanks Lisa, Well it's good to know that the clinic work is included in the time period of the course, does anyone know how much it an RRT Rep Ther would make in the first year of working in one of those clinics, or how much I would make in my first year of working in a hospital?

Abby, when they talk about clinics, they are referring to clinical time (in hospitals) which is a required part of any allied health education program. This clinical time is unpaid, but you will have to pay tuition for that time to your school, because these hours are for college credit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Before you quote fees. Have you looked at CCHS fees? It is $7500 a year! Concorde was $22k total when I looked there.

I agree, and thanks for seeing the way I put it. If you have the extra money, who cares :-)

74 months ago

Lisa, Would you really think it appropriate for an RN to supervise/monitor an RT clinical program?!?!?! Ask any seasoned RT what they would think of that.

74 months ago

Wow Ron and Susan thanks for your help, it was a real eye opener to me, I doubt I'm going to give the adviser to concord a call back now. I don't even think I could get my RT at a local college now! It seems like that takes too long too. The reason why I wanted to get in to RT is because my toddler has asthma, and I'm constantly giving him therapy at home and I've always been interested in the way the upper respiratory works, and once when he was in the hospital w/ pneumonia, the RT was telling me how much she loved her career, and it looked fun and easy to me (I could probably only do night shifts at a hospital because I am a mom) but now that I think about it, what are the chances that I would even land that job right after graduating. hhhhmmmmmm does anyone know any careers I could look in to that does not need to much schooling time, but that works w/ kids (not a teacher though) Thanks guys! :)

Lisa P. in San Bernardino, California

74 months ago

Susan, of course it wouldn't be appropriate for an RN to monitor us if we were handling breathing treatments. I'm sorry, I failed to mention that when we went to the rehabilitation center we only did vitals. That's why the RN only had to monitor us. We saw RRTs give treatments to the patients and we are going back to gain some more knowledge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

While getting into RT because you know or love someone with respiratory conditions is quite common, there is a whole lot more to the field than just giving nebulizer treatments. We are often more needed for complex critical care situations, so yes, the college hours are necessary. Some may certainly disagree with me, but what we were told and seemed to hold true (by the number of RT dropouts flocking to other allied health programs like nursing and radiology) RT is one of the most difficult allied health career fields and is quite challenging. It's not for the faint of heart and if you know you are not going to have the time and drive needed to finish school and succeed, then you are wise to reconsider. Upon graduation and successful completion of the board exams, jobs are quite plentiful, which is why I benefit so much from the contracting that I currently do.

I'm not sure how old you are or where your interests lie, but I've got a daughter who is 21 and wanting to become an occupational therapist (which takes a masters degree these days). Since that is such a huge time committment, she just began a 3 week bartending course which was just under $1k (She already works nights as a waitress at a popular club and does okay but the bartenders make quite a bit more) So within the month, she will be working as a bartender making several hundred dollars a night.. on a slow night. The weekend late night hours will allow her to attend college during the weekday. In fact, I've got friends who are bartenders, one of which actually considered respiratory, until he realized that he makes a whole lot more tending bar at a popular chain restaurant/bar in Illinois than he would in RT... How's that for a laugh? Another idea.. how about offering child care so you can stay at home with your own? My sitters on my contracts say its the easiest job they've ever had because I work nights and the kids are asleep most of the time they have them.. and it costs me about $800/mo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

continued....

While I certainly don't regret my career choice, like I've said many times.. RT isn't for everyone and there are a wide variety of things you can do that require little or no training. Figure out what interests you or even step out of your comfort zone and try something new like my daughter did (before waitressing in a club she was VERY shy lol) and discovered she really enjoyed working in the clubs amongst people near her age and its fits in well with college hours.

I read an article in New England about a guy, jobless, decided to start his own business picking up doggy poo from people's yards... he has so many contracts he makes alot more than I do (of course he managed to snag some wealthy clients who didn't want to clean up after fido did his business in the yard)

Good luck to you Abby whatever you decide. As long as you love what you do you will excel.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.