Can't find a job as an RT....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Alexia unknown in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

I live in the los angeles area. i went to an advance accredited school. i took my CRT and RRT. it has been almost 7 months now since i graduated and still cannot find a job. Many of the hospitals around my area are hiring but they want someone with experience. Anyone in the LA area know of any hospitals hiring new grads???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

100krecruiter in New Haven, Connecticut

69 months ago

Alexia unknown in Los Angeles, California said: I live in the los angeles area. i went to an advance accredited school. i took my CRT and RRT. it has been almost 7 months now since i graduated and still cannot find a job. Many of the hospitals around my area are hiring but they want someone with experience. Anyone in the LA area know of any hospitals hiring new grads???

Currently I have mutiple lucrative $$$ positions available throughout the country for Respiratory Therapists, Registered Nurses, Lab Technicians, and Histo Technicians. If interested please email me your resume to 100krecruiter@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

bellenelle

63 months ago

I have more than 20 years experience as a high-level respiratory therapist. Had to take several years off to care for an invalid mother. Now that she's passed, it's all but impossible to reenter the field. Anyone have any suggestions? I've applied to hospitals, home care agencies, schools and the like here in Tennessee and the surrounding states. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LC3 in Tampa, Florida

62 months ago

bellenelle said: I have more than 20 years experience as a high-level respiratory therapist. Had to take several years off to care for an invalid mother. Now that she's passed, it's all but impossible to reenter the field. Anyone have any suggestions? I've applied to hospitals, home care agencies, schools and the like here in Tennessee and the surrounding states. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Move to Florida. There are plenty of openings in Tampa Bay Area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bellenelle in Tennessee

62 months ago

There are a lot of openings here, too. The last interview I went to had 200 applicants vying for the same position. I'm thinking of trying for a non-certified job (EKG tech), then transfering within when the time is right. Going to call HR Monday and see if this is possible.

I lived in Florida for 22 years. Had to move north to take care of sick parents.

Musous man in Worcester, Massachusetts

62 months ago

bellenelle said: I have more than 20 years experience as a high-level respiratory therapist. Had to take several years off to care for an invalid mother. Now that she's passed, it's all but impossible to reenter the field. Anyone have any suggestions? I've applied to hospitals, home care agencies, schools and the like here in Tennessee and the surrounding states. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Try Genesis..they provide Resp Care services for a bunch of places in multiple states..mostly rehabs

taralewis

61 months ago

I am CRT & RRT. I had a great job in missouri but had to leave it when my husband moved to SC. I received my registry in April and my last day of employment was the end of Dec. I have applied for so many jobs, most of which I have found on Indeed, but I have yet to receive any response. I miss working and would love to find a job I am in the Midlands part of SC if anyone can help.

bieruLO@aol.com in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

I'm a Respiratory Therapist and a Registered Polysomnographer Who took some time off to care for dying parents. My wife had a good job, so between two kids and two moribund parents, I had full-time
labor of love (duty) to perform. But, like you, I found it tough to rejoin the fields in which I had vast experience and ample skill. After enduring some frustration with the job search, I decided to enroll back at school in search of an R.N. I am near graduation and am already being recruited by multiple facilities. Rejection was the auther of my good fortune. Keep your head up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bellenelle in Tennessee

61 months ago

I hear your pain, yet I have no words of comfort. I'm told to wait out the recession, that things will eventually get better. We've lost 3 major corporations here in the Appalachians of east Tennessee. I don't know how we get by, but we do.

I, too anticipate a career shift into nursing. I need 3 classes to qualify, so I plan on attending ETSU next semester. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm in my 50s and thought my college days were done. Still, I'll do what I have to do.

bieruLO@aol.com in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

Age is a consideration relegated to a bygone era...when retirements and pensions were still part of the vernacular. Look, if you start a new career 45 yrs old, then you will be at it for thirty more years! Age is irrelevant...unless a potential employer makes it so...Then..you hold them up to the scrutiny of the law. Go out there and live...It is your birthright (life,liberty, and the pursuit of happiness).

alena in Oroville, California

37 months ago

I'm a new grad seeking a job! i've gotten my RRT and it's been 5 months now since i graduate and i can't find a job at all! stressed out, because i have school loan to pay out, bills, and a family to feed. I know this is kind of mean but out of my frustration if I knew that if it was going to be this hard to find a job as an RRT I would have NEVER NEVER gotten into the program and I should have went towards NURSING instead. This is a part of my life where I'm going to regret and tell myself over and over again that I wish I could turn back time and redo what I have done. I'm disappointed to say I'm probably NEVER going to find a job as an RRT. Plus, with 300 plus students graduating from the RT programs in the sacramento area where they're graduating 30 students every 4 months not including other RT programs, there's no way that there will be any job opening any time soon! I'm so sad, and disappointed!.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

D'DEE in Dallas, Texas

37 months ago

100krecruiter in New Haven, Connecticut said: Currently I have mutiple lucrative $$$ positions available throughout the country for Respiratory Therapists, Registered Nurses, Lab Technicians, and Histo Technicians. If interested please email me your resume to 100krecruiter@gmail.com

Do you have anything in Texas? In the Dallas metroplex?
ddee777@yahoo.com
RRT, RPSGT

Adg33 in Birmingham, Alabama

37 months ago

I am a new grad in Alabama looking for a job. I am willing to relocate to Ga, Fla, N. Car., Tenn., Louisiana, and Texas. If anyone could help me that would be great! My email is ashgre33@gmail.com

Dee in Dallas, Texas

37 months ago

You have to sell yourself in anything you pursue, it will not just fall in your lap. There are lots of jobs out there. Lots of traveling jobs, beginner positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Park City, Utah

37 months ago

alena in Oroville, California said: I'm a new grad seeking a job! i've gotten my RRT and it's been 5 months now since i graduate and i can't find a job at all! stressed out, because i have school loan to pay out, bills, and a family to feed. I know this is kind of mean but out of my frustration if I knew that if it was going to be this hard to find a job as an RRT I would have NEVER NEVER gotten into the program and I should have went towards NURSING instead. This is a part of my life where I'm going to regret and tell myself over and over again that I wish I could turn back time and redo what I have done. I'm disappointed to say I'm probably NEVER going to find a job as an RRT. Plus, with 300 plus students graduating from the RT programs in the sacramento area where they're graduating 30 students every 4 months not including other RT programs, there's no way that there will be any job opening any time soon! I'm so sad, and disappointed!.

I don't know if this makes you feel any better or not, but new grad nurses can't find jobs either. There are quite a few threads on indeed alone about how new nurses can't find jobs and the "nursing shortage" is a lie.

Everyone wants experience, its not just your field, but every field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bellenelle in Asheville, North Carolina

37 months ago

Dee in Dallas, Texas said: You have to sell yourself in anything you pursue, it will not just fall in your lap. There are lots of jobs out there. Lots of traveling jobs, beginner positions.

When you compete with 200 applicants for a position in a medical center, selling yourself becomes moot. Where I live, there are not a lot of jobs much less beginner positions. Relocating was not an option. Fortunately, I scored a job in a small rural hospital 45 miles from my home in another state. I got here by continuously submitting applications to major medical conglomerates within a 100-mile radius of home, and sometimes further. It took me a year to find a job, and I have 25 years experience as a multi-faceted, critical care therapist. None of that really matters now, but I am so grateful to have a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Gainesville, Florida

27 months ago

How the heck do we get experience if we don't get hired... I sware that managers make me laugh... they all forget that they too were once NEW! I have not been able to find work neither..... it is bad, bad, bad, bad, BAD!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.