Canadian RRT's

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

RRTNBRC in Toronto, Ontario

57 months ago

Hi everyone,
I am a Canadian RRT and need some help on writing the license exams offered by the NBRC. I was given to understand I will only have to challenge the Case simulation portion of the NBRC to earn the RRT credential. Can some one please confirm this for me.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RRT crusader in Langley, British Columbia

55 months ago

RRTNBRC in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi everyone,
I am a Canadian RRT and need some help on writing the license exams offered by the NBRC. I was given to understand I will only have to challenge the Case simulation portion of the NBRC to earn the RRT credential. Can some one please confirm this for me.
Thanks

Yes, that is true. likewise, A US credentialed RRT can challenge the clinical portion offered by the CSRT. There is an agreement between NBRC and CSRT on this issue.

northernbell in Sumter, South Carolina

55 months ago

RRTNBRC in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi everyone,
Thanks

Yes, this is the case. Just contact the NBRC and register with them. Then arrange to write the clinical simulation portion. They will inform you of the exam sites where you can arrange to write the exam. Just be aware that this exam subtracts the wrong from the right answers. A little practice with sim questions off their website is advisable. You'll do fine.

Good Luck

Can-Am RRT

parkerkel in Woodstock, Ontario

33 months ago

northernbell in Sumter, South Carolina said: Yes, this is the case. Just contact the NBRC and register with them. Then arrange to write the clinical simulation portion. They will inform you of the exam sites where you can arrange to write the exam. Just be aware that this exam subtracts the wrong from the right answers. A little practice with sim questions off their website is advisable. You'll do fine.

Good Luck

Can-Am RRT

Hello,

I am a practicing Canadian RRT currently trying to figure out how to obtain an RRT license in the USA, state of Ohio. From what I understand from after talking with someone from the NBRC and CoARC is that I will have to graduate from one of the CoARC's accredited programs. I have been looking into the program at Ohio State University and it seems that I would have to apply and have them decide which credits of my past schooling and clinical work experience will transfer over and hopefully help me speed up the process.

If anyone has any further information as to if this is the most direct route in obtaining an RRT license it would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Kelly

RRT

jane in Stockbridge, Georgia

1 month ago

I am a USA RRT and planning to relocate to Canada, I am trying ot figure out how to obtain license in Canada Ontario. can some one clarify to me how this goes. Will I have to sit for both exams so as to get my RRT Canadian license? I know in some provinces like BC, Prince Edward, and the Territories are non regulated.
If anyone has any information, please let me know.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.