Clinical Sims pathology

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (27)

ttbreath2@gmail.com in Opelika, Alabama

40 months ago

This is a question for those who took the Sims recently at least january 2010 and up. If you took it more than once to pass, I would love to hear from you for sure.

My question is, what are the pathologies that were on your sims? I spoke with a recent graduate and he passed it the first try but this is what he said he had.
Near drowned adult
Copd
Infant with Myconium
Guillian- Barre
Myasthenia Gravis
Infant vent but couldn't remember the issue
House fire
Asthma(child)
If anybody has a fresh mind please let me know. I take the test on Friday and I would really like to focus this last week on pathologies that are a sure bet. Thanks a bunch. T
P.s. You can email me if you wish.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

novaken in Fairmont, West Virginia

40 months ago

goto Ketteringseminars.com. Click on the RRT and clin sims section. There are lots of tips on there. I passed clin sims first time too. Cant find my score sheet, but bet on COPD, Guillian Barre or Myasthenia Gravis, Near Drowning, Neonate preemie on vent, house fire, and asthma. Cant remember what else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ttbreath2@gmail.com in Richmond Hill, Georgia

40 months ago

@ Novaken, Thanks, it is greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

just_breathe in Hollywood, Florida

40 months ago

i took it on the 16th of June and mine were: 1. myasthenia gravis 2. infant needing surfactant 3. male needing resection of an abdominal aortic aneurysm 4. male who underwent CABG 5. male suffering from exposure to cold 6. critical care rounds 7. female drug overdoes 8. male complaining of shortness of breath 9. neck injury 10. 20 month old in resp distress

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

ttbreath2@gmail.com in Richmond Hill, Georgia

40 months ago

just_breathe in Hollywood, Florida said: i took it on the 16th of June and mine were: 1. myasthenia gravis 2. infant needing surfactant 3. male needing resection of an abdominal aortic aneurysm 4. male who underwent CABG 5. male suffering from exposure to cold 6. critical care rounds 7. female drug overdoes 8. male complaining of shortness of breath 9. neck injury 10. 20 month old in resp distress

Thanks for the info, I am stressing badly about this. I have Kettering Sims but I didn't go to the seminar, I borrowed it from a friend. Thanks again. T

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

just_breathe in Hollywood, Florida

40 months ago

no problem. In my opinion the practice from kettering is the best prep for the real thing. Good luck!

ttbreath2@gmail.com in Auburn, Alabama

40 months ago

just_breathe in Hollywood, Florida said: no problem. In my opinion the practice from kettering is the best prep for the real thing. Good luck!

I know my pathologies, I am just scared of picking the wrong thing too soon or too late. I tend to be my own worse enemies at times. Thanks again.

I have no clue why this forum has me living in several different states..lol

Kambi in Attleboro, Massachusetts

26 months ago

while doing clinical sims when do you calc IBW? I noticed that they some times give you a wt. In kg. When calc is done sometimes they don't use the vt for that # but the one that they gave you in the 1st place.

Kambi in Attleboro, Massachusetts

26 months ago

just_breathe in Hollywood, Florida said: i took it on the 16th of June and mine were: 1. myasthenia gravis 2. infant needing surfactant 3. male needing resection of an abdominal aortic aneurysm 4. male who underwent CABG 5. male suffering from exposure to cold 6. critical care rounds 7. female drug overdoes 8. male complaining of shortness of breath 9. neck injury 10. 20 month old in resp distress

Do you remember what you did for CABG guy & aortic aneurysm guy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

BigRedRT in Chico, California

26 months ago

Thought I would contribute. I took mine a few weeks ago and missed the DM by 6%. I had the following: 1)female patient with total laryngectomy, 2) female suspected of Drug Overdose, 3) Adult male sufferinng from exposure to cold, 4) Male asthmatic in resp failure, 5) 23 yo female with myasthenia gravis, 6) 28 week old maile infant, 7) adult Male c/o SOB, 8)Tree surgeon for has sustained neck injury, 9)male patient who had had quadruple CABG, and 10) 20mo child in resp distress. I made the spelling shorter so if you don't understand please feel free to reply. Also if anyone has any study tips I'm more then open to suggestion. got the lindsey jones 28 sims and the kettering tokens. Hope to take in the next month. Wish me luck

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas

26 months ago

Wow, you honestly have every tool you need to ace this exam. I am very sorry to hear you failed decision making. It seems that is the section that people fail. Let me give you some tips.

(1) According to my own personal experience, Lindsey Jones 28 sims cd is the best tool. Study it again allover and master those diseases on there. That is a great tool.

(2) Now that you already have the pathologies from your exam, know that they will repeat about 7 of those diseases already. And then look at the list of what others have already posted on here. These are the diseases the nbrc brings. There is no new case again that they have. So, on here are all the list of all diseases that would be on every person's nbrc test. So, go and master them from your lindsey jones 28 sims cd.

(3( Just be relaxed and take your time to study these things again. You have all the tools. Remember that.

Goodluck on your next try. Feel free to email me (ebusiness66@yahoo.com) if you have any questions or need any further help. Let me know how I can of any further assistance to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kambi in Rhode Island

26 months ago

BigRedRT in Chico, California said: Thought I would contribute. I took mine a few weeks ago and missed the DM by 6%. I had the following: 1)female patient with total laryngectomy, 2) female suspected of Drug Overdose, 3) Adult male sufferinng from exposure to cold, 4) Male asthmatic in resp failure, 5) 23 yo female with myasthenia gravis, 6) 28 week old maile infant, 7) adult Male c/o SOB, 8)Tree surgeon for has sustained neck injury, 9)male patient who had had quadruple CABG, and 10) 20mo child in resp distress. I made the spelling shorter so if you don't understand please feel free to reply. Also if anyone has any study tips I'm more then open to suggestion. got the lindsey jones 28 sims and the kettering tokens. Hope to take in the next month. Wish me luck

I had the same ones, missed DM by 8 points. The CABG guy really did me in as I got 0 points. Problem is I can't really recall what the situation was or what I should do differently for the next test. Do you remember any parts of this case that could be helpful to me? I to will be retaking it in the next couple of weeks any advice would be greatly appreciated. Good Luck.

26 months ago

Kambi in Rhode Island said: I had the same ones, missed DM by 8 points. The CABG guy really did me in as I got 0 points. Problem is I can't really recall what the situation was or what I should do differently for the next test. Do you remember any parts of this case that could be helpful to me? I to will be retaking it in the next couple of weeks any advice would be greatly appreciated. Good Luck.

Sorry to see you too missed DM by a few points. The good thing now is that you already know exactly what will be on your test. If you scored "ZERO" in a section, then I advice you sit back and study a lot more before going back. Not a good thing to score "ZERO" on a sim, especially on DM.

I used Lindsey Jones and skimmed through Kettering. Lindsey Jones 28 sims cd was the best that helped me the most. Do you have that cd? Then go back to it and master it and read the reasons why he chooses what he chooses to have the perfect scores. Those sims situations are I think close to some on the real exam. Also, the nbrc sells some sims and I would say those just solidified my understanding and some were actually super close to some of the sims I had.

Email me and I can tell you more or help you more. My email is ebusiness66@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marksy230 in Murrieta, California

14 months ago

I am selling my CRT/RRT/CLIN SIMS AUDIO and MANUAL......and i will give you some tips on how to pass the CLIN SIMS at your first try.......if you are interested e mail at Marksy230@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jacsd in San Diego, California

5 months ago

Kambi in Rhode Island said: I had the same ones, missed DM by 8 points. The CABG guy really did me in as I got 0 points. Problem is I can't really recall what the situation was or what I should do differently for the next test. Do you remember any parts of this case that could be helpful to me? I to will be retaking it in the next couple of weeks any advice would be greatly appreciated. Good Luck.

Quadruple CABG guy got me too. Did you have any specific practice clinical simulation exams for this type of patient? Another scenario I need help with is Adult Male admitted for resection of an abdominal aortic aneurysm. Does anyone have practice exams for that? Lindsey Jones and Kettering DO NOT provide any.

5 months ago

jacsd in San Diego, California said: Quadruple CABG guy got me too. Did you have any specific practice clinical simulation exams for this type of patient? Another scenario I need help with is Adult Male admitted for resection of an abdominal aortic aneurysm. Does anyone have practice exams for that? Lindsey Jones and Kettering DO NOT provide any.

Email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com. I may be able to help you.

tammy in Nashville, Tennessee

4 months ago

jacsd in San Diego, California said: Quadruple CABG guy got me too. Did you have any specific practice clinical simulation exams for this type of patient? Another scenario I need help with is Adult Male admitted for resection of an abdominal aortic aneurysm. Does anyone have practice exams for that? Lindsey Jones and Kettering DO NOT provide any.

I am getting ready to take my exams what was on your clincal sims do you remember any of the scenarios.

4 months ago

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas said: Sorry to see you too missed DM by a few points. The good thing now is that you already know exactly what will be on your test. If you scored "ZERO" in a section, then I advice you sit back and study a lot more before going back. Not a good thing to score "ZERO" on a sim, especially on DM.

I used Lindsey Jones and skimmed through Kettering. Lindsey Jones 28 sims cd was the best that helped me the most. Do you have that cd? Then go back to it and master it and read the reasons why he chooses what he chooses to have the perfect scores. Those sims situations are I think close to some on the real exam. Also, the nbrc sells some sims and I would say those just solidified my understanding and some were actually super close to some of the sims I had.

Email me and I can tell you more or help you more. My email is ebusiness66@yahoo.com.

hi what was the situation for the CABG

4 months ago

I am getting ready to take my sims just wondering if anyone would like to share their sim paper with me

4 months ago

hi do your remember the CABG scenario

4 months ago

Tammy, I don't recall exact details to the CABG scenario except that you need to know pre- and post-op care: bronchodilator? IS? BiPAP? CPT? Exercise tolerance? PFT? etc.

4 months ago

tammy in Nashville, Tennessee said: hi do your remember the CABG scenario

Tammy, I don't recall exact details to the CABG scenario except that you need to know pre- and post-op care: bronchodilator? IS? BiPAP? CPT? Exercise tolerance? PFT? etc.

4 months ago

tammy in Nashville, Tennessee said: I am getting ready to take my exams what was on your clincal sims do you remember any of the scenarios.

Tammy, find my post on the scenarios - last post page 5.

4 months ago

jacsd in San Diego, California said: Tammy, find my post on the scenarios - last post page 5.

I dont see a page 5 on here but i am so nervous about this test this is my last test. So whatever info you can give me I would appreciate i t.

3 months ago

the day is coming and I just cant find any practice on the CABG....I am worried

phoebe in Dwale, Kentucky

1 month ago

i have a problem to get a better point for female had a total laryngectomy sims.. does anyone help me? please e-mail me.. phoebe6665@hotmail.com

phoebe in Dwale, Kentucky

1 month ago

does anyone have same problem to pass sims like me? if you do, maybe we can share information and help each other... i fail 4 times.. and i has to pass in 2 month due to i have already passed my rrt written 911/30/13 only one year limit time to pass my sims otherwise i have to retake my rrt rt again). e-mail me if you want to share and study online together.. phoebe6665@hotmail.com . thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.