Doing well on the new NBRC board exams as from January 2015

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 493)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

ebusinessatyahoodotcom in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

I am sure everyone now knows as from January 2015, the NBRC CRT and RRT board exams would be replaced by a new test called Therapist Multiple Choice (TMC) Examination. It is very well explained on the NBRC website and other websites.

Let me share what I personally have learned about the TMC exam. If you know more about it and can share any ideas, feel free to share with us.

The exam has 160 questions on it. 140 scored items and 20 items that do not contribute to scores.

The new TMC Examination will have 2 cut scores. Test scores equal to or greater than the low cut score will be associated with CRT. Test scores equal to or greater than the high cut score will permit candidates to take the Clinical Simulation Examination

To understand the above statement, let me share a hypothetical example with numbers. The TMC exam has 140 scored questions. Then let's say the NBRC sets the low cut score at 90 and the high cut score at 110.

So this means if you take the new TMC test and you score anything from 90 to 110 correct answers, it means you have passed and will get your CRT license, but unfortunately, you most likely have failed the RRT part of the exam and so you have to retake the test as your passing score is not eligible to sit for the Clinical Simulation Exam.

But if you score anything from 110 to 140 correct answers, it means you have passed the exam, obtained your CRT license, passed the RRT section and therefore you are now eligible to sit for the simulation exam.

There are 3 types of questions on the NBRC TMC exam; Recall, Application, Analysis. So take your time when studying and know that the easiest questions are the recall type of questions while the more challenging questions are the analysis questions. While the application questions is somewhere in between.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

angelmcarthur in Phoenix, Arizona

35 months ago

So should I just wait to take the new exam or try to schedule the crt now?

Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia in Simpsonville, South Carolina

35 months ago

I need help preparing for this exam in JANURARY 2015.

Reply - Report abuse

cw54517@*****.*** in Simpsonville, South Carolina

35 months ago

I need help oreparing for my examination. I have my CRT but have to retake it because uts been 3 years and I didnt successfully passed my RRT.

Reply - Report abuse

UnemployedRRT in Thibodaux, Louisiana

34 months ago

Who cares. Those new grad CRT/RRTs that do pass, most won't be getting jobs anyway.

Reply - Report abuse

Johnna in Seminole, Florida

32 months ago

Cynthia in Simpsonville, South Carolina said: I need help preparing for this exam in JANURARY 2015.

Hi! I am getting ready to test next week. Have you tested? If so can you give me any info on how they score or cut off scores?

Thank you and good luck!

Reply - Report abuse

Like It Is in Rogers, Arkansas

31 months ago

UnemployedRRT in Thibodaux, Louisiana said: Who cares. Those new grad CRT/RRTs that do pass, most won't be getting jobs anyway.

You are unemployed. Let me ask you, how good is your resume. Did you write it or did you pay a professional service to like about 50% of graduates. If you wrote it then you have almost zero chance. And submitting a resume online, without talking to anyone. Will get you zero results. Think, about 50% pay for an awesome resume, write a awesome cover letter. Then 50% of those do homework on the job, the hospital and they seek out people they know there if any. 50% of those walk into HR, maybe everyday. They network at local and state RC events and many take jobs beneath an RT just to get in the door. Those 10-15% are the ones that get interviews. And someone gets hired. The ones that don't continue to get interviews and eventually get hired.
You are unemployed because you think have an RRT Certification is all you need. WRONG. The truth is you there are many, many jobs out there. You're just getting left at the starting line.
Our second family RRT just got a first job. 2 months out of school. She started doing all the things I said, then keep moving further and further out to the surrounding hospitals. She went out of state, which isn't far, and got hired in a NICU training program with Zero experience. 6 months to a year from from now she can come back home if she so chooses.
The point being. The RRT jobs are awesome. And they are out there. New ones created everyday. But you have to fight for them. There are some smart, dedicated, crafty people out there. And they are willing to sacrifice into order to started.
So you know the new modern online resume systems can identify the top 10% of resumes automatically. They throw 90% of them in the hold bucket.

Reply - Report abuse

Stephania M. in Mount Clemens, Michigan

31 months ago

Above, there is absolutely no way that the high cut score is 94. That would equate to 67%, which isn't even near a passing score. 115, or roughly 82%, seems most likely for the higher cut. I am taking the exam this Thursday and will post my honest findings.

Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Stephania M. in Mount Clemens, Michigan said: Above, there is absolutely no way that the high cut score is 94. That would equate to 67%, which isn't even near a passing score. 115, or roughly 82%, seems most likely for the higher cut. I am taking the exam this Thursday and will post my honest findings.

It is very funny that you will argue with what I just posted when you do not have any proof of your own. You are arguing based on guess work. I posted based on hardcore proof.

I have been helping people for a while now and one of the people I helped was so happy because of his success that he contacted me and sent me his score results for the CRT/RRT and the sims. He did quite well. This information I posted was taken from his score report word for word. And this information will be EXACTLY the same thing on your score report. So, I did not fabricate or guess that information. And I also have another person from another state contacted me to confirm this information.

I challenge you to go take your test and when you get your score report come here and then challenge this cutoff score information then. Let us see what you will say. The only thing you will say is you will confim this information I just posted because it is true. I have the score results I can share with you to show you just the information with the cut-off scores. I challenge you to bring yours and see then who is wrong. You will be the one spreading wrong information with no proof. I have my proof. Before I make factual statements like this, I usually do some research. In this case, i did it and I have proof of my research and findings on paper. So, I will be waiting for you to come and share your own results cut-off scores.

I don't make factual statements without research and proof. I have proof here.

maybe other people who have actually taken the test and passed or even failed will come and confirm what I am saying. But you are just arguing with no proof.

Reply - Report abuse

paul in Plymouth, Michigan

30 months ago

Stephania M. in Mount Clemens, Michigan said: Above, there is absolutely no way that the high cut score is 94. That would equate to 67%, which isn't even near a passing score. 115, or roughly 82%, seems most likely for the higher cut. I am taking the exam this Thursday and will post my honest findings.

have you taken the exam jet?

Reply - Report abuse

desihoney in Charlotte, North Carolina

30 months ago

I am planning to schedule my TMC exam within this month. I took practice exam today on NBRC and I got 69% score but that does not tell me if I have passed CRT OR RRT. I can not evaluate myself for real exam from this score. Does anyone know that 69% on NBRC practice exam is good for CRT or RRT? Plz I need help so I can schedule my exam.

Reply - Report abuse

lina V in La Verne, California

30 months ago

desihoney in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I am planning to schedule my TMC exam within this month. I took practice exam today on NBRC and I got 69% score but that does not tell me if I have passed CRT OR RRT. I can not evaluate myself for real exam from this score. Does anyone know that 69% on NBRC practice exam is good for CRT or RRT? Plz I need help so I can schedule my exam.

You need at least 88 correct answers out of 140 to get the CRT and 94 to make the RRT.

I just took the TMC yesterday, I scored a 92, just 2 questions short of making the RRT cut off! There are 160 questions with 20 being unscored.

Taking the practice exam on the nbrc website will give anyone false hope, I personally took the practice test on the NBRC website and scored 104! the real test is nothing like that and didn't ask the traditional questions I was used to seeing, on lindsey jones included.

Lots of questions on modification of pressure control settings, time cycle, volume control, CPAP, etc... definitely study on all mechanical ventilation.

Good luck!

Reply - Report abuse

desihoney in Charlotte, North Carolina

30 months ago

lina V in La Verne, California said: You need at least 88 correct answers out of 140 to get the CRT and 94 to make the RRT.

I just took the TMC yesterday, I scored a 92, just 2 questions short of making the RRT cut off! There are 160 questions with 20 being unscored.

Taking the practice exam on the nbrc website will give anyone false hope, I personally took the practice test on the NBRC website and scored 104! the real test is nothing like that and didn't ask the traditional questions I was used to seeing, on lindsey jones included.

Lots of questions on modification of pressure control settings, time cycle, volume control, CPAP, etc... definitely study on all mechanical ventilation.

Good luck!

Thanks for the information. I have catering seminar book which is 2 year old. Do you think I can still use that book?

Reply - Report abuse

Britts in Sherwood, Arkansas

29 months ago

I too am using Lindsey Jones, it states on the first TMC CD that they have cut them out but according to someone that just tested they didn't. I would like to know for sure.....please help!

Reply - Report abuse

ZoeyLoey in Jacksonville, Florida

29 months ago

I took both tests and passed each the first time around. If you rely on only 1 study method and material you will fail. The NBRC practice exams/sims are helpful but you have to keep studying other materials in addition to the NBRC. If you are a student and have Silles, register your book on Evolve and do the exam modes. If you been to the Pershing review, register your book and do the exam modes, if you get Kettering, continue to do the modules until they expire. You can always purchase practice exams from NBRC (if you have the means to do so its 50 bucks for the TMCE and 70 bucks for SIM) Plus there are other free material online, such as quizlet, EGAN, study shack etc, that you can use to help study. If you need to learn EVERYTHING all over to pass, then the only person to blame for that is yourself no amount of material can help you because you did not apply yourself when you had the chance.

Reply - Report abuse

aam87 in Stuart, Florida

29 months ago

ZoeyLoey in Jacksonville, Florida said: I took both tests and passed each the first time around. If you rely on only 1 study method and material you will fail. The NBRC practice exams/sims are helpful but you have to keep studying other materials in addition to the NBRC. If you are a student and have Silles, register your book on Evolve and do the exam modes. If you been to the Pershing review, register your book and do the exam modes, if you get Kettering, continue to do the modules until they expire. You can always purchase practice exams from NBRC (if you have the means to do so its 50 bucks for the TMCE and 70 bucks for SIM) Plus there are other free material online, such as quizlet, EGAN, study shack etc, that you can use to help study. If you need to learn EVERYTHING all over to pass, then the only person to blame for that is yourself no amount of material can help you because you did not apply yourself when you had the chance.

hi! Congrats on passing both tests!! I was wondering how long you had to wait to take the sims after passing the TMC? Were you able to get in quickly? Thanks so much!

Hi. Comgrats on passing the tests!! I was womdering how long you had to wait to take the sims after you
assed the

Reply - Report abuse

ZoeyLoey in Jacksonville, Florida

29 months ago

aam87 in Stuart, Florida said: hi! Congrats on passing both tests!! I was wondering how long you had to wait to take the sims after passing the TMC? Were you able to get in quickly? Thanks so much!

Hi. Comgrats on passing the tests!! I was womdering how long you had to wait to take the sims after you
assed the

Hi and thank you! After I took the TMC I had to wait till my school cleared the check for me to do so (it took about a week and I took an additional 10 days), so all in all it took me about 2 weeks after my TMC. But if you are paying out of pocket for the SIMs yourself, about 24 hours after you passed and the NBRC website shows you have your CRT, you should be able to schedule and take your SIMS with no problem. Good luck to you and study study study :)

Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

ZoeyLoey in Jacksonville, Florida said: If you rely on only 1 study method and material you will fail. The NBRC practice exams/sims are helpful but you have to keep studying other materials in addition to the NBRC.

You just shared some very good info. And I agree with you because that is what I did and I aced all exams easily when I took my board exams years ago. If you have more than one study material, it definitely helps you understand something from one publisher, that you may have been having a hard time understanding from another publisher's materials.

After usin the mulitple materials I bought to use for the board exams, I finally found out what works the best for me to ace to the board exams. You just have to get the best study materials and use them, there is no way you will fail.

If anybody wants to know how well to ace the exams, fell free to email me and I will help you out and point you to the right direction.

There is no standard way that works for everybody. Some people attend the kettering seminar and ace al the exams easily. others attend the kettering seimnar and still fail the board exams. Then they turn and buy other materials and pass the exams.

Others buy the Lindsey Jones materials and ace all the exams. Others the same Lindsey Jones materials but still fail. Then they buy something else and pass.

Others buy other materials and ace the board exams.

Some testers do buy more than one study materials and still fail the exams. But I believe having more than one study material increases your chances. This is what I did and it worked great for me, years ago when I was taking my board exams. The only problem here is it can get costly. But there are ways you can cut down the cost.

Reply - Report abuse

Deborah in Bellingham, Washington

29 months ago

I need help passing my RRT. I have taken it several times prior to the new January 2015 testing. I need any help to know how to ace the exams and what can help me in preparing and acing the exams. I will appreciate any help. I want to find someone that has passed the test and no longer needs the study guide as my money is very minimal right now. I really really want to do this but I am at a point that I want to just give up! THANK YOU to anyone that is willing to pass it on.

Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Sicklerville, New Jersey

29 months ago

Deborah: I am a CRT who graduated in 1994. I took the Kettering review in January and purchased the audio player. With intense prep the 2 weeks leading up to the exam, I took it today and got a 117 out of 140. I didn't feel super confident and felt shaky about the results until I saw my score. Lots of Vent scenarios, especially involving PC and lots of PFT/volumes related questions as well as lots of questions about X-rays. Take Kettering review, buy the tapes and do lots of prep and you should be fine.

Reply - Report abuse

jasmine15 in Dayton, Ohio

29 months ago

Can someone please tell me some study tips for passing the clinical sims?

Reply - Report abuse

nett nett in Kailua, Hawaii

28 months ago

Has anyone not finished the clinical simulation exam in the 4 hours allowed? I'm afraid of getting sleepy and not finishing in time since it is so long and boring, hard to stay awake. And their practice tests doesn't even go the whole length. Anyone that has taken the clin sims have this problem? I am taking the exam next week so any tips, info, etc. would help.

Thanks

Reply - Report abuse

rrt hopeful in Charlotte, North Carolina

27 months ago

Does anyone have a confirmed number of questions you have to get correct in order to receive the RRT cut score? Also is it *a lot* harder than the practice test on the NBRC website? Any tips?

Reply - Report abuse

RT in Arlington, Texas

27 months ago

I have the old 2011 Kettering and pieces of the Lindsey Jones audio. Can anyone tell me if the study materials are still useful in preparing for the new NBRC exam. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. A tech I've work with is saying they heard it's mainly vent question, and the study guide review question are nothing like what's on the exam. Anyone have any insight that has actually taken the exam?

Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

rrt hopeful in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Does anyone have a confirmed number of questions you have to get correct in order to receive the RRT cut score? Also is it *a lot* harder than the practice test on the NBRC website? Any tips?

So the TMC test is 140 questions and you have to get 94 correct to pass for the RRT in order to take the Clinical Simulations exam. You have to get at least 88 correct to earn you CRT, but that doesn't give you much since nobody now days are hiring CRT's! I have been a CRT for the last 9 years which was fine when I graduated but now I moved to a different state and they no longer hire CRT. I spent the last year jobless, working on my RRT and just passed the simulations yesterday! about damn time!!! Been out of school 10 years now, it was not easy. Anyways the questions are similar to the NBRC website, not much harder.
You can send my PM me and I can give you stuff that I have that helped. For FREE since I know some people try and charge you!

Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

RT in Arlington, Texas said: I have the old 2011 Kettering and pieces of the Lindsey Jones audio . Can anyone tell me if the study materials are still useful in preparing for the new NBRC exam. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. A tech I've work with is saying they heard it's mainly vent question, and the study guide review question are nothing like what's on the exam. Anyone have any insight that has actually taken the exam?

I have Kettering from 2014, which I think they have same material. I believe only change is that NBRC combined the 2 tests now. As for the clinical simulation, I used the Kettering AND Lindsey Jones, they have a 4 day trial that gives you 4 exams you can take over and over within the 4 days. Those were helpful. I bought Most of the Clinical Simulations from Kettering and I feel like I was spinning my wheels trying to figure out everything I never heard of, that's not in their books and are NOT on the test that I had. But then again, the NBRC said they have 9 different tests. So you may get a different one than I had.

Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

nett nett in Kailua, Hawaii said: Has anyone not finished the clinical simulation exam in the 4 hours allowed? I'm afraid of getting sleepy and not finishing in time since it is so long and boring, hard to stay awake. And their practice tests doesn't even go the whole length. Anyone that has taken the clin sims have this problem? I am taking the exam next week so any tips, info, etc. would help.

Thanks

Hello, I just took the Clin Sims about 2 weeks ago. I have been out of RT school since 1994. I did the Kettering Review, bought the audio player and flash cards. I paid for every practice test on the Kettering website but honestly I felt the PAY sample tests on the NBRC/AMP website were the closest to the actual Clin Sim exam. They offer two Clin Sim exams for $70 each: buy one right away. Whenever you get to a sim where they ask to pick multiple choices, PICK EVERY SINGLE CHOICE POSSIBLE and here is why: at the end when you review the test, they only review the choices you select so therefore by picking every answer you will learn how the NBRC wants you to think. Make sure you have a program like PDF lite so you can save the review on file. After studying and you think you are ready, take the other test for an accurate measurement of where you are. Remember, you can only take each test one time! What will really shake your confidence is the two that they don't count: I encountered at least one sim where I was like what the hell is this?!?! Don't get shook. BTW I finished the Clin Sims in 1 hour 45 mins and got a 307 out of 303 on the first try. Not bad for being out of school for 21 years. I have to say the Clin Sim was probably one of the hardest tests I have ever taken in my life for me.

Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

jasmine15 in Dayton, Ohio said: Can someone please tell me some study tips for passing the clinical sims?

DEFINITELY TAKE THE KETTERING REVIEW, Their strategy teaches you how to think for the SIMS
Hello, I just took the Clin Sims about 2 weeks ago. I have been out of RT school since 1994. I did the Kettering Review, bought the audio player and flash cards. I paid for every practice test on the Kettering website but honestly I felt the PAY sample tests on the NBRC/AMP website were the closest to the actual Clin Sim exam. They offer two Clin Sim exams for $70 each: buy one right away. Whenever you get to a sim where they ask to pick multiple choices, PICK EVERY SINGLE CHOICE POSSIBLE and here is why: at the end when you review the test, they only review the choices you select so therefore by picking every answer you will learn how the NBRC wants you to think. Make sure you have a program like PDF lite so you can save the review on file. After studying and you think you are ready, take the other test for an accurate measurement of where you are. Remember, you can only take each test one time! What will really shake your confidence is the two that they don't count: I encountered at least one sim where I was like what the hell is this?!?! Don't get shook. BTW I finished the Clin Sims in 1 hour 45 mins and got a 307 out of 303 on the first try. Not bad for being out of school for 21 years. I have to say the Clin Sim was probably one of the hardest tests I have ever taken in my life for me.

Reply - Report abuse

themainevent in Santa Rosa, California

27 months ago

Hey guys/gals would it be helpful if I put together a study guide/blog/ebook that would help you pass the RRR/CLIN SIMS TESTS? I graduated a year ago and I remember what a struggle it was to pass the tests, I don't want to see others struggle so If I could help you out in anyway just let me know. I've been getting a couple emails from people who need help passing and if you need help just let me know, no strings attached, just want to help. Good luck!

Reply - Report abuse

marcaristo in Covina, California

27 months ago

Chris in Sicklerville, New Jersey said: DEFINITELY TAKE THE KETTERING REVIEW, Their strategy teaches you how to think for the SIMS

do you have a link to purchase the CSE? I can't seem to find it.

Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Williamstown, New Jersey

27 months ago

George in Missouri City, Texas said: so are you saying 94 correct answers or 94%

it is 94 correct answers out of 140

Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

jasmine15 in Dayton, Ohio said: Can someone please tell me some study tips for passing the clinical sims?

I found the clin sims to be extremely difficult: probably the hardest test I ever took in my life. I must add though that I am a CRT who graduated 21 years ago and has been working in Home Care for the past 19 years so that certainly put me at a distinctive advantage.
DEFINITELY TAKE THE KETTERING REVIEW, Their strategy teaches you how to think for the SIMS
Hello, I just took the Clin Sims about 2 weeks ago. I have been out of RT school since 1994. I did the Kettering Review, bought the audio player and flash cards. I paid for every practice test on the Kettering website but honestly I felt the PAY sample tests on the NBRC/AMP website were the closest to the actual Clin Sim exam. They offer two Clin Sim exams for $70 each: buy one right away. Whenever you get to a sim where they ask to pick multiple choices, PICK EVERY SINGLE CHOICE POSSIBLE and here is why: at the end when you review the test, they only review the choices you select so therefore by picking every answer you will learn how the NBRC wants you to think. Make sure you have a program like PDF lite so you can save the review on file. After studying and you think you are ready, take the other test for an accurate measurement of where you are. Remember, you can only take each test one time! What will really shake your confidence is the two that they don't count: I encountered at least one sim where I was like what the hell is this?!?! Don't get shook. BTW I finished the Clin Sims in 1 hour 45 mins and got a 307 out of 303 on the first try. Not bad for being out of school for 21 years. I have to say the Clin Sim was probably one of the hardest tests I have ever taken in my life for me

Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

jordan in West Covina, California said: Anyone with help for the clin sim? Please email at jordan.sanvicente@gmail.com Thank you!

Hello, I just took the Clin Sims about 1 month ago. I have been out of RT school since 1994. I did the Kettering Review, bought the audio player and flash cards. I paid for every practice test on the Kettering website but honestly I felt the PAY sample tests on the NBRC/AMP website were the closest to the actual Clin Sim exam. They offer two Clin Sim exams for $70 each: buy one right away. Whenever you get to a sim where they ask to pick multiple choices, PICK EVERY SINGLE CHOICE POSSIBLE and here is why: at the end when you review the test, they only review the choices you select so therefore by picking every answer you will learn how the NBRC wants you to think. Make sure you have a program like PDF lite so you can save the review on file. After studying and you think you are ready, take the other test for an accurate measurement of where you are. Remember, you can only take each test one time! What will really shake your confidence is the two that they don't count: I encountered at least one sim where I was like what the hell is this?!?! Don't get shook. BTW I finished the Clin Sims in 1 hour 45 mins and got a 307 out of 303 on the first try. Not bad for being out of school for 21 years. I have to say the Clin Sim was probably one of the hardest tests I have ever taken in my life for me

Reply - Report abuse

angelmcarthur in Vicksburg, Mississippi

27 months ago

Chris in Williamstown, New Jersey said: it is 94 correct answers out of 140

yes that's correct

Reply - Report abuse

gar in Manchester, Iowa

26 months ago

@themainevent

I'd really appreciate a copy of your study guide as well.

Thanks!

Reply - Report abuse

annetxfan in Austin, Texas

26 months ago

Hi Chris, I am confused by your statement of PICK EVERY SINGLE CHOICE POSSIBLE. I am struggling with Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 choices. I took the Lindsey Jones prep and felt confident until I left the course. I am not doing well on my Sims reviews. Also is the passing score on TMC exam 90 out of 140?

I am desperate to pass! Thanks, Anne

Reply - Report abuse

BoogieKnights47 in Cabot, Arkansas

26 months ago

annetxfan in Austin, Texas said: Hi Chris, I am confused by your statement of PICK EVERY SINGLE CHOICE POSSIBLE. I am struggling with Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 choices. I took the Lindsey Jones prep and felt confident until I left the course. I am not doing well on my Sims reviews. Also is the passing score on TMC exam 90 out of 140?

I took the practice SAE..what Chris means is after you complete the practice SAE exam,you will have a chance to review and get feedback on the choices you picked EVEN if they are wrong.. but they wont disclose feedback on choices you DONT pick. Nor will they reveal what the choices were. ONLY WHAT YOU PICK! If you choose everything possible,it will serve you well to see why ALL choices are correct or incorrect,you get feed back on all choices, and get you thinking how the NBRC wants you to think or get you used how they choose their settings.

Hope that helps you understand his theory..

Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

annetxfan in Austin, Texas said: Hi Chris, I am confused by your statement of PICK EVERY SINGLE CHOICE POSSIBLE. I am struggling with Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 choices. I took the Lindsey Jones prep and felt confident until I left the course. I am not doing well on my Sims reviews. Also is the passing score on TMC exam 90 out of 140?

Also to pass TMC on RRT level you must obtain an 95+ out of 140.
The levels take practice.. I did notecards for each level and practiced over and over on what each level obtained.For instance, once you get your patient pull up your Level 1 notecard.If there arent any emergencies after analyzing info aligned with Level 1, you can pull out your level 2 notecard and see if there are any emergencies there. If so,take care of Level 2 issues and stabilize them right away. You then start over to level 1&2.. if the patient is under control, you have the okay to move on to Level 3. There will be times when Level 1 2 3 4 etc. will be on the very first page in your assessments. Thats why order is important. If you know the order, its impossible to over click (that is if you understand you ACLS,PALS,NRP AND PATHOLOGIES)

Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

BoogieKnights47 in Cabot, Arkansas said: I took the practice SAE..what Chris means is after you complete the practice SAE exam,you will have a chance to review and get feedback on the choices you picked EVEN if they are wrong.. but they wont disclose feedback on choices you DONT pick. Nor will they reveal what the choices were. ONLY WHAT YOU PICK! If you choose everything possible,it will serve you well to see why ALL choices are correct or incorrect,you get feed back on all choices, and get you thinking how the NBRC wants you to think or get you used how they choose their settings.

Hope that helps you understand his theory..

Dead on Boogie Knight! Thanks for clearing that up for everyone.

Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

I took my clin sim and passed it..
MAX SCORE: 376
MIN SCORE: 272

My understanding is this one is harder than the other one( Max 414-Min 303 CSE)

My advice is :
KNOW ALL LEVELS> 1234 ( in your sleep )

Study COPD PFTS and pulmonary rehabilitation
Know Neonatal assessments/blood values and acceptable circumstances/vent settings(e.g IRDS)
Go over weaning... theres alot of weaning.
Be completely comfortable with BLS ACLS and NRP.
OMG....Asthma this and that..Know it.

And last ,...you could possibly have 4 patients with Asthma.... 3 with Chronic Bronchitis .. 1 with emphyesema.. 2 Pneumos. etc. theres no uniform way! So if you are weak on ANY pathology, you need to study it WELL because you could possibly get a number patients with that very pathology 1000 times leading to another! That was exaggerated but true!
Clinical Assessments and Manifestations by Terry Des Jardens and George G. Burton is exceptional to look over to supplement Kettering or Lindsey.

I searched everywhere for a recent review of the CSE
..so hope this helps!

Reply - Report abuse

Formerly Unemployed RRT in Austin, Texas

26 months ago

Just go on the Kettering website, buy a TON of tokens, and do EVERY module and simulation multiple times. This includes CRT, as well as the RRT modules (regardless if you're already a CRT. Doesn't matter. DO IT). Bring a note book with you also and take a lot of notes. Both things you already know that are good to write down, as well as new stuff you learn.

I did this and passed all 3 tests on the first try.

Lastly, please be under no illusions. You'll still make bum money, even when you're an RRT. The pay is only slightly better than CRT. I'm a sad, lonely bachelor, and even when living all by my lonesome with my modest bills? I can still barely take care of myself as an RRT on full-time pay.

So don't take this stuff too seriously and stress out. Its not that big of a deal. Its all bum change in the end.

Reply - Report abuse

mrrt in Wenatchee, Washington

26 months ago

Hi everyone! I'm a CRT for 8 yrs now and planning to do my RRT, I just need any suggestions on what is the best reviewer I can use, I tried Kettering and Lindsey jones and NBRC SAE's a few times previously for the written but unfortunately did not pass, now I'm so anxious to take the exam again and I don't know if I will give the same reviewers a try again (I know it will help though), maybe it's not for me. Anyone can help to pass the RRT Please!

Will appreciate any suggestions and help! Thank you!

Reply - Report abuse

FreeSpire in Mount Airy, Maryland

26 months ago

Hey, everyone!

I have been studying like crazy and plan to take the TMC exam August 7, 2015. Would anyone who has taken the exam be willing to give me some pointers as to what topics to focus on as well as what material is covered on the exam?

Thank you!

Reply - Report abuse

ericawashington45@*****.*** in Beaumont, Texas

26 months ago

Can you give me any advice or tips for passing the Clinical Sims test I am a recent graduate.

Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

I am taking the clinical sims in a week could you please help me Im so nervous. Could you please email me ericawashington45@yahoo.com

Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

BoogieKnights47 in Cabot, Arkansas said: I took my clin sim and passed it..
MAX SCORE: 376
MIN SCORE: 272

My understanding is this one is harder than the other one( Max 414-Min 303 CSE)

My advice is :
KNOW ALL LEVELS> 1234 ( in your sleep )

Study COPD PFTS and pulmonary rehabilitation
Know Neonatal assessments/blood values and acceptable circumstances/vent settings(e.g IRDS)
Go over weaning... theres alot of weaning.
Be completely comfortable with BLS ACLS and NRP.
OMG....Asthma this and that..Know it.

And last ,...you could possibly have 4 patients with Asthma.... 3 with Chronic Bronchitis .. 1 with emphyesema.. 2 Pneumos. etc. theres no uniform way! So if you are weak on ANY pathology, you need to study it WELL because you could possibly get a number patients with that very pathology 1000 times leading to another! That was exaggerated but true!
Clinical Assessments and Manifestations by Terry Des Jardens and George G. Burton is exceptional to look over to supplement Kettering or Lindsey.

I searched everywhere for a recent review of the CSE
..so hope this helps!

When you took the test as far as information gathering were they asking for just basic assesments or more detailed like did you need to choose abg's and chest xrays or not?

Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

mrrt in Wenatchee, Washington said: Hi everyone! I'm a CRT for 8 yrs now and planning to do my RRT, I just need any suggestions on what is the best reviewer I can use, I tried Kettering and Lindsey jones and NBRC SAE's a few times previously for the written but unfortunately did not pass, now I'm so anxious to take the exam again and I don't know if I will give the same reviewers a try again (I know it will help though), maybe it's not for me. Anyone can help to pass the RRT Please!

Will appreciate any suggestions and help! Thank you!

The best thing to do, whether you want to or not, is to do serial testing to find out where you are weakest...THIS IS TO GATHER A TREND IN SUBJECT MATTER.

Then go to the NBRC website and download the Written( or TMC ) matrix. It will outline ALL testable content by sections.(e.g. 1B,2B,3F) Compare the results! Lindsey Jones will show you the sections that you need to review the most in your dashboard...Once you find out what your weaknesses are,you can find them on the matrix broken all the way down! The tests dont tell you what stuff to look over..only the section. Thats why the matrix is awesome. It'll tell you if its airway management etc. so you will no EXACTLY what to review. Then, refer to Sills to go over whatever you need to.

But to answer your question serial testing is the ONLY way.. you have to KNOW what you DONT KNOW to KNOW what to STUDY so you can get RESULTS.

Reply - Report abuse

Toblessed in Franklin, Tennessee

26 months ago

I think you doing a Study guide, blog, ebook would be great.

Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

FreeSpire in Mount Airy, Maryland said: Hey, everyone!

I have been studying like crazy and plan to take the TMC exam August 7, 2015. Would anyone who has taken the exam be willing to give me some pointers as to what topics to focus on as well as what material is covered on the exam?

Thank you!

The best thing to do is to do serial testing to find out where you are weakest...THIS IS TO GATHER A TREND IN SUBJECT MATTER.

Then go to the NBRC website and download the Written( or TMC ) matrix. It will outline ALL testable content by sections.(e.g. 1B,2B,3F) Compare the results! Lindsey Jones will show you the sections that you need to review the most in your dashboard(idk about Kettering)...Once you find out what your weaknesses are,you can find them on the matrix broken all the way down! The tests dont tell you what stuff to look over..only the section. Thats why the matrix is awesome. It'll tell you if its airway management etc. so you will no EXACTLY what to review. Then, refer to Sills book (If you have one) to go over whatever you need to. The matrix works great for studying the TMC.

Reply - Report abuse

lizard123 in st louis, Missouri

26 months ago

Chris in Williamstown, New Jersey said: DEFINITELY TAKE THE KETTERING REVIEW, Their strategy teaches you how to think for the SIMS
Hello, I just took the Clin Sims about 1 month ago. I have been out of RT school since 1994. I did the Kettering Review, bought the audio player and flash cards. I paid for every practice test on the Kettering website but honestly I felt the PAY sample tests on the NBRC/AMP website were the closest to the actual Clin Sim exam. They offer two Clin Sim exams for $70 each: buy one right away. Whenever you get to a sim where they ask to pick multiple choices, PICK EVERY SINGLE CHOICE POSSIBLE and here is why: at the end when you review the test, they only review the choices you select so therefore by picking every answer you will learn how the NBRC wants you to think. Make sure you have a program like PDF lite so you can save the review on file. After studying and you think you are ready, take the other test for an accurate measurement of where you are. Remember, you can only take each test one time! What will really shake your confidence is the two that they don't count: I encountered at least one sim where I was like what the hell is this?!?! Don't get shook. BTW I finished the Clin Sims in 1 hour 45 mins and got a 307 out of 303 on the first try. Not bad for being out of school for 21 years. I have to say the Clin Sim was probably one of the hardest tests I have ever taken in my life for me

Hi Chris I took the Clin Sims for the second time yesterday and failed again and I'm getting very discouraged. I purchased kettering and did all the practice clin sims several times over the 2 week period and every time I passed. Did the NBRC/AMP practice tests help you more than Kettering? Please let me know. I can't keep spending money on trying to pass this test on material that isn't going to help.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.