HAS ANYONE ATTENDED EL CAMINO COLLEGE FOR RT?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

me in Los Angeles, California

65 months ago

I was looking at the website for the requirements, I'm not sure I understand what it says, basically there are 3 routes to attaining your AS degree in RT. I have already taken a few prereqs for my generals. Are the prereqs what I think they say which is just (English, anatomy 30, psychology 5, English 1a, and CIS-13?) And do I need to take the RESP170, 172 AND 174 on my own? Which track would I fall under and also, if anyone has taken it here, any input you can add ? THanks!

www.elcamino.edu/academics/healthsciences/respiratorycare/majorrequire.asp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chrisss in Bellflower, California

61 months ago

Those prereqs sound about right.

I believe that the Resp. 170 is also a prereq.

The 172 and 174 are part of the Respiratory program. These are the pre-clinical classes and once completed you will then move on to the clinical phase which is going to the hospitals and completing your clinical hours required to obtain a certificate upon graduation. Once you have your certificate you are then qualified to take the NBRC exam for your license.

You can do it!

The classes just move along like a bus ride, so if you don't get off you'll arrive at your destination.

I completed it a few years ago.

Take care.

henry in Fullerton, California

61 months ago

hey chris, el camino college also qualifies you for the RRT exam right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

henry in Fullerton, California

61 months ago

and was there a long wait list for the program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ROD in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

I graduated in EL Camino college about 8 yrs ago. so far i heard that the wait list is long about 1 year.the program takes about 20 student.

jemy in South El Monte, California

33 months ago

Chrisss in Bellflower, California said: Those prereqs sound about right.

I believe that the Resp. 170 is also a prereq.

The 172 and 174 are part of the Respiratory program. These are the pre-clinical classes and once completed you will then move on to the clinical phase which is going to the hospitals and completing your clinical hours required to obtain a certificate upon graduation. Once you have your certificate you are then qualified to take the NBRC exam for your license.

You can do it!

The classes just move along like a bus ride, so if you don't get off you'll arrive at your destination.

I completed it a few years ago.

Take care.

hey can u tell me how is the RT program in el camino collg and the cost? i am planning to go there for RT program.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.