Independence University.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (701 to 750 of 1173)
Page:  « First « Previous   12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next »   Last »

bhanu in San Francisco, California

69 months ago

Hi there,
any one started RT program yet?? how things going ?? i m so affraid to start this online program. any positive input from who already started this program??
thnks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Saint Cloud, Florida

68 months ago

If any one will be starting on 10/1/09, let me know so we can get the discount.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ag in San Clemente, California

68 months ago

Hello, I just started with IU and I agree with many people. You get what you put into it. If you put in great effort, you will be successful in school and career. For a lot of people, this is a great program. For others, they choose the more traditional route of going to a community college. Remember, community college route will take anywhere from 2-4 years. A lot of programs are impacted. I am currently taking the res 100 class. I am a little concerned about the final exam. How much do we need to know? There is so much material covered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ag in San Clemente, California

68 months ago

lisa in Saint Cloud, Florida said: If any one will be starting on 10/1/09, let me know so we can get the discount.

Lisa, I just started with my friend. If you want to get in on out discount, you could get 10% off. Let me know if you are and I can give you my email or phone # to call.

AG

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Saint Cloud, Florida

68 months ago

yea, my email is lisa153224@hotmail.com thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Seema in Orlando, Florida

68 months ago

lisa in Saint Cloud, Florida said: yea, my email is lisa153224@hotmail.com thanks!

Hi Lisa,
I live in south Orlando close to st.cloud,I am also intrested in Independence University,But have couple of questions.If you don't mind answer,can i send you mail?Appreciate your help.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bhanu in San Francisco, California

68 months ago

Hi seema,lisa and AG,
I wants to start this program on 10/1 and if we are more student join together than big discount. Read this : 3 -5 people it is 10% off, 6-15 people, 15%, 11-25 20%, 26 plus is 25%.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ag in San Clemente, California

68 months ago

My friend and I started classes on 9/1/09. If anyone wants to join and wants a discount, they can email me and I will give them my name. So far is the two of us and Lisa asked if she could be added to the list. My email address is govanjoo@gmail.com

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bhanu in San Francisco, California

68 months ago

ag in San Clemente, California said: Hello, I just started with IU and I agree with many people. You get what you put into it. If you put in great effort, you will be successful in school and career. For a lot of people, this is a great program. For others, they choose the more traditional route of going to a community college. Remember, community college route will take anywhere from 2-4 years. A lot of programs are impacted. I am currently taking the res 100 class. I am a little concerned about the final exam. How much do we need to know? There is so much material covered.

Hi AG, if u already started your RT program then how can u get 10% discount ?? don't u pay your fees b4 u join IU?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bhanu in San Francisco, California

68 months ago

ag in San Clemente, California said: My friend and I started classes on 9/1/09. If anyone wants to join and wants a discount, they can email me and I will give them my name. So far is the two of us and Lisa asked if she could be added to the list. My email address is govanjoo@gmail.com

Thanks

I want to join too,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ag in San Clemente, California

68 months ago

Bhanu, Lisa, Seema,

When I joined with my friend. Another one of our friends was also going to join. But his registration date what later. When we talked with the enrollment advisor, he said that if a friend joined later, you would all be eligible for the discount. You don't pay the fees upfront if you do in-house financing. They will substract the amount from the amount due. Also, if you get a b average in the program. They will discount 30% at the end of the program. Great Incentive.

let me know if you have any question,

AG

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bhanu in San Francisco, California

68 months ago

Hi AG,
if more than 6 ppl join then 15 % discount per my advisor. and wht is inhouse financing??? are u doing 1 year RT program which is $8000? how is ur study going? is it hard?? where to go to give final exam? and is it every month aftr we finish each course? are u fulltime student or working??
I wil really appreaciate your time to read all this question..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Seema in Orlando, Florida

68 months ago

bhanu in San Francisco, California said: Hi there,
I just checked with my advison if we have 3-5 student then they will give 10 % discount.
3 -5 people it is 10% off, 6-15 people, 15%, 11-25 20%, 26 plus is 25%.

Hi Bhanu,
I was in between Ultrasound and RT careers,I did my research in Ultrasound but no idea about RT career.Here in Orlando and other parts of Florida,there are long waiting lists at every CAAHP approved Ultrasound schools,So i don't have much patience and time to wait that long.Right now i am thinking about RT career, if i want to start RT at Independence, have to do all the prereqs along with core classes..so no idea how long it would take..Still i didn't call Independence university ,If you don't mind sharing any of your junk email, please i have more questions about this programme,I will appreciate your help.
Thanks
Seema

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ag in San Clemente, California

68 months ago

bhanu in San Francisco, California said: Hi AG,
if more than 6 ppl join then 15 % discount per my advisor. and wht is inhouse financing??? are u doing 1 year RT program which is $8000? how is ur study going? is it hard?? where to go to give final exam? and is it every month aftr we finish each course? are u fulltime student or working??
I wil really appreaciate your time to read all this question..

Hi Bhanu,

I already have a degree, so I don't have to complete general ed classes. I am starting on Pre-req classes. I used to work full-time and lost my job in June. I have 3 kids and am doing this program will a previous co-worker. The other person that wants to add is working full-time, but he is single. I think you can do the program if you work full-time, but you need to be dedicated. There is a lot of material in the book. It is sometimes difficult to figure out what will be on the final. I am sure I will figure it out as I go along. Final exams are given at a testing center. IU will finance you education and you pay $200 per month. If you can afford more, you can pay off you loan earlier. You can finish 1 course at a time or take two courses together. It is very flexible. They even break it down for you where they tell you what material to study everyday if you want to finish the course in 30 60 or 90 days.

P.S. are you Indian. I am.

Thanks,

AG

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bhanu in San Francisco, California

68 months ago

seema, u can email me at bhanu_1978@yahoo.com, wil give u more dietail abt IU.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bhanu in San Francisco, California

68 months ago

To AG,
yes, check ur email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Seema in Orlando, Florida

68 months ago

Katina in Orlando, Florida said: Hi,
I am wondering if you started the Respiratory Therapist Program? I am looking into starting within the next couple of months. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Hey Katina,
Are in the Program? or still looking to start?please share I am also in orlando,fl.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Saint Cloud, Florida

68 months ago

Seema in Orlando, Florida said: Hey Katina,
Are in the Program? or still looking to start?please share I am also in orlando,fl.

I see we are all in Orlando, i am trying to find a clinical site. If you guys find one let me know. I start Oct. 1st. Maybe we can get together and get a clinical site together and be study buddies!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Saint Cloud, Florida

68 months ago

Anyone can email at lisaa153224@hotmail.com
The more people that enroll, the less money we have to pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Saint Cloud, Florida

68 months ago

lisa in Saint Cloud, Florida said: Anyone can email at lisaa153224@hotmail.com
The more people that enroll, the less money we have to pay.

ooppss! It is lisa153224@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Saint Cloud, Florida

68 months ago

Seema in Orlando, Florida said: Hi Lisa,
I live in south Orlando close to st.cloud,I am also intrested in Independence University,But have couple of questions.If you don't mind answer,can i send you mail?Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Yea email me at lisa153224@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Seema in Orlando, Florida

68 months ago

lisa in Saint Cloud, Florida said: Yea email me at lisa153224@hotmail.com

Thanks Lisa,Please check your mail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TRober in Oakland, California

68 months ago

Do you know of any clinical sites in the Bay Area CA. I need to find a clinical site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Josie in Alameda, California

68 months ago

Has anybody taken the FINAL for Resp. 100 ? - I know it will be harder than the open book unit exams - what do they focus on mostly. Gas laws ( I am not good in math ) -- any study pointers ? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AK in Oakley, California

68 months ago

hey in San Francisco, California said: im in the bay area. anyone in the bay area wanna start this program together? kaiser in hayward, california accepts IU students.

I am considering this doing the program but was a little concerned about finding a clinical site. I actually work for Kaiser, and was planning to contact the RT dept. on Monday. Good to know that Kaiser Hayward will accept IU students. I could use a study group. Contact me @ touchblondie@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ag in San Clemente, California

68 months ago

AK in Oakley, California said: I am considering this doing the program but was a little concerned about finding a clinical site. I actually work for Kaiser, and was planning to contact the RT dept. on Monday. Good to know that Kaiser Hayward will accept IU students. I could use a study group. Contact me @ touchblondie@yahoo.com.

I have already found a site to the clinicals. They can cover all areas except NICU ( only 20 hours). Does Kaiser do NICU, and will they do it for only 20 hours? I live in Southern California, but wouldn't mind driving to Northern California for a few days to complete 20 hours of NICU.

You can email me at govanjoo@gmail.com

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

AK in Oakley, California

68 months ago

I think Kaiser Oakland does NICU.. You might want to try there. Have you enrolled yet? I want to begin 10/1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ag in San Clemente, California

68 months ago

AK in Oakley, California said: I think Kaiser Oakland does NICU.. You might want to try there. Have you enrolled yet? I want to begin 10/1

I enrolled in August 2009. I have 2 people who enrolled with me. You can get 10% off if you call the same advisor that I enrolled with. Email me at govanjoo@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

maria in Indianapolis, Indiana

68 months ago

Hi,

I am RT student from independence university, just wanna know if anybody know any hospital I can go for my clinical here in indiana.

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tan in Oakland, California

68 months ago

Josie in Alameda, California said: Has anybody taken the FINAL for Resp. 100 ? - I know it will be harder than the open book unit exams - what do they focus on mostly. Gas laws ( I am not good in math ) -- any study pointers ? Thanks

Hi<
I live in oakland and I am in need for a clinical site> Were are you doing your clinical studies at can I get some contact info?

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tan in Oakland, California

68 months ago

bhanu in San Francisco, California said: I want to join too,

Hi,

I am a IU stundent, I need a new clincal site> do you have any contact info for clinical sites in the bay area, I live in oakland ca. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jimmy in Redford, Michigan

68 months ago

tan in Oakland, California said: Hi,

I am a IU stundent, I need a new clincal site> do you have any contact info for clinical sites in the bay area, I live in oakland ca. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

A new one? LMFAO!!!! Maybe you can tell Matt from Baytown that he will probably need a new one as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

matt in Texas in Southeast, Texas

68 months ago

Jimmy in Redford, Michigan said: A new one? LMFAO!!!! Maybe you can tell Matt from Baytown that he will probably need a new one as well.

what are you talking about?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephen in Orinda, California

68 months ago

tan in Oakland, California said: Hi,

I am a IU stundent, I need a new clincal site> do you have any contact info for clinical sites in the bay area, I live in oakland ca. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Call the school and ask for the name of the person that will handle the clinical sites. They have a name and they should give you his number to call. But go through the school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

candylove in chula vista, California

68 months ago

Roland in Detroit, Michigan said: I don't give out personal information. There are alot of crazy people out there.

That is so true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

matt in Texas in Southeast, Texas

68 months ago

candylove in chula vista, California said: That is so true.

You have no idea just how true that is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

matt in Texas in Southeast, Texas

68 months ago

One of the hospitals I have been in contact with would like to speak with me further once my clinicals are done. This is a good thing. Keep your chins up! If you can find a clinical site, which you can, you can find a job. Most of the time, according to my clinical preceptor, the clinical site will offer you a position. A very good friend of mine works for one of these hospitals in the Houston area and she confirmed this to me. She has seen IU students complete their programs and get hired at the hospital she works at. She is an RN in labor and delivery. Good Luck! I am finished with my first course and about 1/2 way on the second. One and a half more and I will be at the clinical site with my preceptor. I'm looking forward to it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kaneelyj1 in bolingbrook, IL in Bolingbrook, Illinois

68 months ago

I am an RT student at IU and having a difficult time finding a clinical site here. I am basically in the Chicago Land area and it is very difficult I have called every hospital in my area no luck can anyone help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CNA in Memphis, Tennessee

68 months ago

kaneelyj1 in bolingbrook, IL in Bolingbrook, Illinois said: I am an RT student at IU and having a difficult time finding a clinical site here. I am basically in the Chicago Land area and it is very difficult I have called every hospital in my area no luck can anyone help

Call your enrollment advisor,they may be able to help you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

AK in Oakley, California

68 months ago

Stephen in Orinda, California said: Call the school and ask for the name of the person that will handle the clinical sites. They have a name and they should give you his number to call. But go through the school.

Stephen,
Were you able to find a clinical site in your area. If so, can you tell me what Hospital is accepting IU students.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

AK in Oakley, California

68 months ago

Josie in Alameda, California said: Has anybody taken the FINAL for Resp. 100 ? - I know it will be harder than the open book unit exams - what do they focus on mostly. Gas laws ( I am not good in math ) -- any study pointers ? Thanks

Josie,

Have you been able to find a clinical site in your area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lana in Greenville, Texas

68 months ago

The hospital where I work as a CNA said I can shadow a co-worker on Monday to see what RT's do during a work day. I cant wait! I plan to enroll in the program before 10/01/09. The hospital will also let me do my clinical here when I am ready to start them. This is so exciting! Ready for Monday.... Wish I had the 100.00 dollars to enroll today. Already found out which classes will transfer so Im ready!

Lana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

felicia fantop in Houston, Texas

68 months ago

I'am looking for a respiratory therapy preceptor in Houston, Texas in the Medical center.
I I will be hoping to work with you and Independence University as soos as we we can can come up with a comfortable schelude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Felicia Fantop in Houston, Texas

68 months ago

I Felicia Fantop is Looking for a respiratory therapy prececptor
to work with me and California College.

My major is respiratory therapy and I have almost enough credits for BS degree

I live close to the Medical Center in Houston, Texas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

goodlife01 in North Little Rock, Arkansas

68 months ago

Felicia Fantop
I am a new graduate moving to Houston would you please email me at goodliferotation@yahoo.com to give me advice on jobs and such in Houston. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Vernon in Redford, Michigan

68 months ago

Not only are graduates from brick and mortar colleges not finding jobs right now, people with upwards of 40 years experience are having their hours cut back and in some cases, being laid off or losing their positions. The odds of a fresh graduate from an online program, no matter how good or smart, finding even part time work is slim to nil right now. I don't see hiring freezes being lifted any time soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rasputin in Ravenna, Ohio

68 months ago

Vernon in Redford, Michigan said: Not only are graduates from brick and mortar colleges not finding jobs right now, people with upwards of 40 years experience are having their hours cut back and in some cases, being laid off or losing their positions. The odds of a fresh graduate from an online program, no matter how good or smart, finding even part time work is slim to nil right now. I don't see hiring freezes being lifted any time soon.

Hospitals are hiring and they won't "roundfile" a good applicants resume whether they attended brick and mortar or online. All comments from this person from Michigan under different names is ridiculous and should not be taken seriously.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Harold in Southfield, Michigan

68 months ago

Rasputin in Ravenna, Ohio said: Hospitals are hiring and they won't "roundfile" a good applicants resume whether they attended brick and mortar or online. All comments from this person from Michigan under different names is ridiculous and should not be taken seriously.
IU should not be taken seriously. It's a joke!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AIN in California

68 months ago

AK in Oakley, California said: Stephen,
Were you able to find a clinical site in your area. If so, can you tell me what Hospital is accepting IU students.

Has anyone found a clinical site in Northern CA? anyone working with the guy that sets up sites there? IU says they will knock off 30% of tuition to go with him...anyone else hear this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Melody in Hillsboro, Ohio

68 months ago

Harold in Southfield, Michigan said: IU should not be taken seriously. It's a joke!

IU/CCHS has been in business for over 30 years. They are accredited. I graduated from IU/CCHS and know of many great therapist who have. School whether online or traditional is what one makes of it. There are ups and downs to both.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next »   Last »