New Grad here

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 238)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Leica in Pomona, California

113 months ago

Hello all! So I have been out of school for 6 months now. I graduated from Kaplan College in Phoenix, AZ but moved to CA after graduation. I am having a hard time finding a job out here. Hospitals and agencies want therapists with a minimum one year experience. Well how can I get experience if nobody wants to hire me? ARGH! Please help me!! Do you know of any hospitals or agencies that are hiring new grads? E-mail me leics16@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

RTGURU in SAN DIEGO, California

113 months ago

Leica in Pomona, California said: Hello all! So I have been out of school for 6 months now. I graduated from Kaplan College in Phoenix, AZ but moved to CA after graduation. I am having a hard time finding a job out here. Hospitals and agencies want therapists with a minimum one year experience. Well how can I get experience if nobody wants to hire me? ARGH! Please help me!! Do you know of any hospitals or agencies that are hiring new grads? E-mail me leics16@gmail.com

wWere in CA did you move to? If you are in the San Diego area GO VERY FAST TO UCSD HILLCREST! They have a program soley for hiring new grads.

Reply - Report abuse

kevin in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

112 months ago

I'am also a new grad, no one wants to hire me, I'am stating to think I'll never land a job!!!!!!!!!

Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

112 months ago

Man, Join the club out in Philly, no one, I mean no one wants to hire a new grad therapist anymore,Its only been a month for me so far since graduated, but it almost seems like there is little hope of locating a job anywhere in the near future, someone help me, I'am a very smart student who passed the CRT exam fist try with 122 correct answer out of 140. I also have muiple other certs that pertain to the field.... what a disaster if I can't land a job. for the who are struggling to find work, breather easy We"ll be fine.....

Reply - Report abuse

Leica in Pomona, California

112 months ago

Good news! I got a job 24 miles away from home. I signed paper works today. Thank goodness.

If you are still looking for a job and live in the Los Angeles area, California Hospital is hiring new grads. It's in Downtown L.A. I was going to work there but found something a little closer to home.

Good luck to all!

Reply - Report abuse

LOL in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

112 months ago

<Edited by Host: personal attack removed> why can't you hire into one of the hospitals you did your clinicals at? That is what most people in my neck of the woods do.

Reply - Report abuse

joe in Duarte, California

111 months ago

Hi does anyone have antthing good or bad to say about san juaqine valley college or concord in sanbernardino.I have narrowed it down to these 2 choices.

Reply - Report abuse

Jim RRT in Fresno, California

111 months ago

joe in Duarte, California said: Hi does anyone have antthing good or bad to say about san juaqine valley college or concord in sanbernardino.I have narrowed it down to these 2 choices.

SJVC as a whole is a good program. I finished 18 months ago and work at 3 hospitals, my wife is in 2nd term and is looing at the same 3.

Reply - Report abuse

goose23 in Valencia, California

110 months ago

i checked out concorde and honestly i dont see a so called fast track for the school... for one schools acept new people twice a year.. so what maybe concorde and other privatre schools accept it a little sooner.. but when you are paying 40 minus student loans which comes out to 15k Best scenario... i think its better to got o a community college... not only that its just more sepectable.. not to mention that if you were to transfer to a university later on incasde you want your BA or BS or whatever... you can do it with much more ease from a community colege... hopefully that helps.. oh ps... its like 1/8 the cost of a private =for profit school.. so again hope this helps.. im attending LAVC and look forward to the phase 2 of the RT prgogram.. GL.. send some emails.. mine is ogterry1985@yahoo.com..
also does anyone have a problem seeing their text when they type a reply because for some reason i dont see my message at all until i posted... lol so forgive the errors

Reply - Report abuse

Alexia unknown in Los Angeles, California

110 months ago

recently graduated have my RRT looking for job in LA area. email me at unknownalexia@yahoo.com if you know of any place looking to hire new grad with RRT. thanks

Reply - Report abuse

Ben in San Diego, California

110 months ago

I got my CRT on 10/2008 been looking for a job. San Diego is on lock down can,t find a job anywhere. Soime advice I heard look for Long Term Care places w/subacute care if the major hospital are not hiring. The job market is rough right now for RT's we need that 1 yr experience but how are you going to get it if nobody gives you a chance! Keep hope alive.
Peace to the Most High!

Reply - Report abuse

Alexia unknown in Los Angeles, California

110 months ago

i hear you im in the same position i cant find a job either and i have my RRT.

Reply - Report abuse

alexia in Los Angeles, California

110 months ago

i just looked on the website and sharp healthcare has a new grad program. cool i am going to apply, even though i live in Los Angeles, i am willing to relocate there if i get a position, I NEED A JOB ASAP.....otherwise if i cant find a job within the next month i will go back to school for RN atleast with that i will make more money and wont have trouble finding a job

Reply - Report abuse

hannahroy in burlington, Vermont

110 months ago

I graduated in respiratory back in May and just finished my CRT this November. I will take a job anywhere in the U.S. that will hire me basically. I am looking to get out of Vermont. Please email me at hannahbeth88@live.com if you know of any hospitals that will hire me!

Reply - Report abuse

Alexia in Los Angeles, California

110 months ago

I need a job to.
I live in the Los Angeles area of southern california.
I been out of school for over 6 months.
I took my RRT and have my license.
I am BLS and NRP certified.
If anyone know of hospitals in southern california are hiring NEW GRADS PLEASE.....PLEEEEAASSSEEEEE......email me at unknownalexia@yahoo.com
thanks...i am in desperate need of a job but no where is hiring new grads right now.

Reply - Report abuse

Chandra in Hurst, Texas

110 months ago

Alexia,
I'm on the same page.
An ACLS certified RRT here can't get a job in Texas, it's because I'm new grad.
I had a couple interviews and waiting 4 the answers now.
They seem to hold on the answers till next year or simple someone else took the positions.
I'm out of school for about 5 month.
I can't believe you can't find a job in LA.
This is depressing BUT, we gotta keep chin up and applying places.
Look, 2009 will be the new beginning.

Reply - Report abuse

110 months ago

Chandra in Hurst, Texas said: Alexia,
I'm on the same page.
An ACLS certified RRT here can't get a job in Texas, it's because I'm new grad.
I had a couple interviews and waiting 4 the answers now.
They seem to hold on the answers till next year or simple someone else took the positions.
I'm out of school for about 5 month.
I can't believe you can't find a job in LA.
This is depressing BUT, we gotta keep chin up and applying places.
Look, 2009 will be the new beginning.

Yes Chandra i really hope 2009 will be better it was really depressing not having a job around this time.

Reply - Report abuse

goober in Westminster, California

110 months ago

Leica in Pomona, California said: Hello all! So I have been out of school for 6 months now. I graduated from Kaplan College in Phoenix, AZ but moved to CA after graduation. I am having a hard time finding a job out here. Hospitals and agencies want therapists with a minimum one year experience. Well how can I get experience if nobody wants to hire me? ARGH! Please help me!! Do you know of any hospitals or agencies that are hiring new grads? E-mail me leics16@gmail.com

I hope by now you have found a job. I graduated back in May and have applied everywhere, but u r right they all want experience. How r we suppose to get it if we can't find a job. To make it worse, u forget everything u learned.

Reply - Report abuse

acinom in Westminster, California

110 months ago

I graduated in May of 2008 and still No job.
I completed about 15 on line applications. I also mailed out hard copies of my resume with cover letters to 20+ hospitals and NOTHING!!
Pleassssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if anyone knows of anything, let me know. Good luck to all of us.

Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Ontario, California

110 months ago

Hey, how long did it actually take for you to get your license? I past my CRT right after I graduated in advanced resp. program with my AA. It says in the application if you have everything they dont issue you a permit they process your license. Does anyone know how long it takes. I sent my stuff in DEC 1st 08.

Reply - Report abuse

110 months ago

acinom in Westminster, California said: I graduated in May of 2008 and still No job.
I completed about 15 on line applications. I also mailed out hard copies of my resume with cover letters to 20+ hospitals and NOTHING!!
Pleassssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if anyone knows of anything, let me know. Good luck to all of us.

hey im in the LA area..and like you i graduated in may 2008, ad i applied everywhere too....an not one will hire me either.=(

Reply - Report abuse

110 months ago

acinom in Westminster, California said: I graduated in May of 2008 and still No job.

hey i know a hospital that will have an open house this wed. night but it is Los Angeles...email me at unknownalexia@yahoo.com i'll give you the details on who to contact if you are willing to go so they they know you are going and i am going to also during the open house they said they will possibly do interviews at the end.

Reply - Report abuse

110 months ago

Hi, I took my crt 3 months after I graduated bc I went on vacation. It took them about 2 months bc my school had not sent all my transcripts. I would call the nbrc and ask him for the status of your license. It should only take a few weeks after you pass your crt exam.

Reply - Report abuse

109 months ago

I guess we have to keep on trying and just read our books so we don't forget the stuff. I am going to look for any type of job at this point. Another thing you can do,and this is what I am going to do is to volunteer at one or two hospitals and get your foot in the door that way. Once u r working at the place as a volunteer and u can get to know the respiratory folks, you may be able to get in that way. It's who u know not what u know that u get a job. It could not hurt and this way u r in a hospital environment.

Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Ontario, California

109 months ago

acinom in Westminster, California said: Hi, I took my crt 3 months after I graduated bc I went on vacation. It took them about 2 months bc my school had not sent all my transcripts. I would call the nbrc and ask him for the status of your license. It should only take a few weeks after you pass your crt exam.

I have my crt license from the nbrc. How long did it take you to get your Calif. license?? They cashed my check on the 20th of Dec.

Reply - Report abuse

joe in San Dimas, California

109 months ago

Hello people,

You need to go to the Hospital and ask to meet the Resp. dept head and apply there . Less than 20% of job applicants get jobs by applying online .You need face to face contact or a referral from an employee.

Reply - Report abuse

Rolinda in Chula Vista, California

109 months ago

joe in San Dimas, California said: Hello people,

You need to go to the Hospital and ask to meet the Resp. dept head and apply there . Less than 20% of job applicants get jobs by applying online .You need face to face contact or a referral from an employee.[/QUOTE

Hi Joe, That is excellent advice. I agree. During this growing economic crisis our nation is facing, many are unemployed and competition for jobs is intense. Try teaching hospitals. Sharp and UCSD have New Grad/Student programs. Give yourselves every advantage. Cover all your bases. Apply online, send cover letters, send follow up letters, go to Respiratory Departments and fill out applications, introduce yourselves to the RTs, their Leads and Department Managers. If possible, observe their daily tasks. It will help you decide if you would like working there and give the established RTs the opportunity to decide if you will fit in well with them. Network. Get to know other RTs. Making friends goes a long way. They will recommend you for open positions. Try, try, then try again. It will happen. Never give up. I hope this helps. I wish you all well. Good journey.

Reply - Report abuse

mattlipsey in College Station, Texas

109 months ago

Ive been in the field for 15 years and I had a very hard time getting my first job. One of the things you need to do when you get your first job is to be needed to be a core member of the department and to do that you need to be checked off on everything your department does. I did that when I first got into the field and now im a clinical coordinator and am one of the few respiratory therapist in the state of texas who runs the Intr-Aortic Balloon Pump. The key is make yourself marketable dont limit yourself to just floor therapy

Reply - Report abuse

mattlipsey in College Station, Texas

109 months ago

For those who are having trouble getting a job. You have to market yourself. You have to make your name pop out when the director or clinical coordinators are looking at your resume. Let them know you are wanting to learn everything about their department and are willing to do everything their department has to offer. That makes a supervisor stop and read your resume. It helps me when I look at a resume and train new therapist. The more you do the more valued you become for that department

Reply - Report abuse

RT love in Bakersfield, California

108 months ago

Alexia in Los Angeles, California said: hey i know a hospital that will have an open house this wed. night but it is Los Angeles...email me at unknownalexia@yahoo.com i'll give you the details on who to contact if you are willing to go so they they know you are going and i am going to also during the open house they said they will possibly do interviews at the end.

Did you goto LA childrens hospital? did you get the offer phone call? 3 of my friends did.. and I heard some others too.
are you one of them?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

108 months ago

Alexia in Los Angeles, California said: hey i know a hospital that will have an open house this wed. night but it is Los Angeles...email me at unknownalexia@yahoo.com i'll give you the details on who to contact if you are willing to go so they they know you are going and i am going to also during the open house they said they will possibly do interviews at the end.

did you find a job yet?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

108 months ago

No, it was not me. I did not attend the open house. I am still jobless.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

108 months ago

acinom in Westminster, California said: No, it was not me. I did not attend the open house. I am still jobless.

now your making me worried.........
you should actually goto the facility, and apply in person.
what do you think? what have you done so far?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

108 months ago

I have applied at over 30 hospitals. Not only via internet, but also via U.S. mail. I do check the web and sent out applications as openings come up. I am currently doing some volunteer work at the homeless shelter. I am also attending school for my B.S. in Environmental Health Science. At this point I am going to focus more on my studies. I plan to keep volunteering and find an internship with the World Healthh Organization or Center of Disease. I am pretty disapointed with the Respiratory thing. If I cannot find a job, I need to move on to something else. Of course I will keep trying, but I am not going to make it my main focus. These freaking hospitals don't want to hire new grad's, that is bull@##$!! New grad's are good people to hire bc we bring much needed new energy, we have info on the most updated stuff. Some of the RT's that work in these hospitals don't have any passion for what they do nor do they have any compassion for their patents, its all about $$$ to them. All they want to do, is lock themselves up in the ABG lab and go to sleep, drink coffee, or read the paper. I was disapointed at what I saw in my clinicals when it comes to RT's. Then they wonder why they are not respected. I am not saying that all were lazy, but I saw more laziness that I wanted to see. Anyway, I will look the hospital up and apply. I guess you also have not found a job?

Reply - Report abuse

Rolinda in San Diego, California

108 months ago

acinom in Westminster, California said: I have applied at over 30 hospitals. Not only via internet, but also via U.S. mail. I do check the web and sent out applications as openings come up. I am currently doing some volunteer work at the homeless shelter. I am also attending school for my B.S. in Environmental Health Science. At this point I am going to focus more on my studies. I plan to keep volunteering and find an internship with the World Healthh Organization or Center of Disease. I am pretty disapointed with the Respiratory thing. If I cannot find a job, I need to move on to something else. Of course I will keep trying, but I am not going to make it my main focus. These freaking hospitals don't want to hire new grad's, that is bull@##$!! New grad's are good people to hire bc we bring much needed new energy, we have info on the most updated stuff. Some of the RT's that work in these hospitals don't have any passion for what they do nor do they have any compassion for their patents, its all about $$$ to them. All they want to do, is lock themselves up in the ABG lab and go to sleep, drink coffee, or read the paper. I was disapointed at what I saw in my clinicals when it comes to RT's. Then they wonder why they are not respected. I am not saying that all were lazy, but I saw more laziness that I wanted to see. Anyway, I will look the hospital up and apply. I guess you also have not found a job?

Yeah, That's the attitude. Bashing the people in the field you're trying to land a job in isn't going to help. Perhaps a change in attitude will bring more positive results....Good journey.

Reply - Report abuse

108 months ago

acinom in Westminster, California said: I have applied at over 30 hospitals. Not only via internet, but also via U.S. mail. I do check the web and sent out applications as openings come up. I am currently doing some volunteer work at the homeless shelter. I am also attending school for my B.S. in Environmental Health Science. At this point I am going to focus more on my studies. I plan to keep volunteering and find an internship with the World Healthh Organization or Center of Disease. I am pretty disapointed with the Respiratory thing. If I cannot find a job, I need to move on to something else. Of course I will keep trying, but I am not going to make it my main focus. These freaking hospitals don't want to hire new grad's, that is bull@##$!! New grad's are good people to hire bc we bring much needed new energy, we have info on the most updated stuff. Some of the RT's that work in these hospitals don't have any passion for what they do nor do they have any compassion for their patents, its all about $$$ to them. All they want to do, is lock themselves up in the ABG lab and go to sleep, drink coffee, or read the paper. I was disapointed at what I saw in my clinicals when it comes to RT's. Then they wonder why they are not respected. I am not saying that all were lazy, but I saw more laziness that I wanted to see. Anyway, I will look the hospital up and apply. I guess you also have not found a job?

It must be so difficult, I know with this economy it's hard....
It will get better though, you are in a great field. I have not graduated just yet, but will in July, I'm going to take my crt, and rrt a month before I graduate too. Have you applied everywhere in california? like san jose? san francisco? up north? do you have your rrt? I'm scared myself, thinking I might have a job... either.. OH, and how about your classmates? where are they? I'm sure some did got a job somewhere?? what's your email?

Reply - Report abuse

108 months ago

Hello people,

I have posted this same thing on this site before.People do not hire new grads from a stack of resumes.The only thing on a resume is experience and they will pick the ones with the most experience.You need to walk your sorry butt into the Hospital and introduce yourself to the department head and hand them a resume directly and apply in HR also.I work as a medical equipment sales person in sothern California and will be starting RT school in may.I have already started talking to The dept heads in most of the area hospitals.Its togh out there rite now no matter what job field your in get your sorry butts of your computer and go get some face time with ral people and stop feeling sorry for yourself that people arent replying to your sorry ass resume.Good luck.

Reply - Report abuse

lelena in Denver, Colorado

108 months ago

lisa in Ontario, California said: I have my crt license from the nbrc. How long did it take you to get your Calif. license?? They cashed my check on the 20th of Dec.

if you go to the states licensing board web site you should be able to pull up the status of your info., as your perspective emploer should be able to do. good luck

Reply - Report abuse

RRT in Los Angeles, California

108 months ago

I have posted this same thing on this site before.People do not hire new grads from a stack of resumes.The only thing on a resume is experience and they will pick the ones with the most experience.You need to walk your sorry butt into the Hospital and introduce yourself to the department head and hand them a resume directly and apply in HR also.I work as a medical equipment sales person in sothern California and will be starting RT school in may.I have already started talking to The dept heads in most of the area hospitals.Its togh out there rite now no matter what job field your in get your sorry butts of your computer and go get some face time with ral people and stop feeling sorry for yourself that people arent replying to your sorry ass resume.Good luck.

Going directly to hospital and talking to the RT managers and applying in the HR may help. I graduated a few years ago and it took me a while to find a job as an RT. I applied to many hospitals in my area I applied online and I also walked in and talk to the head of the depart. and managers, handed in my resume and they basically rejected me to my face. they said either right now they weren't hiring at moment, so I can apply and when an opening comes up they will go through the applications of the most qualified, other places simply said they will keep my resume/application on file because at the moment they want someone with experience especially job that were per diem. Finally a few short months I got offered a job, and it was from a hospital that i never went to talk to any of the RT managers and i applied online.

Reply - Report abuse

RT in Kerman, California

108 months ago

I am moving out to LA soon
Now, where do I start looking for my job....
Online where?
please help...

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

RRT in Los Angeles, California

108 months ago

look online first because if they are hiring they will post it, then walk in to the places hiring and personally hand your resume and talk to the head of the depart.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Louisville, Kentucky

108 months ago

Unfortunately, for the new grads, right now there are hiring freezes in many parts of the country. There is also a huge influx of RT's with many years experience (travelers who can't find contracts) applying for these jobs. Don't despair! A simular situation was going on back in the mid 90's when I graduated. There was a huge glut of RT's in the area that I lived in. I actually had to piece together 2 prn and 1 part time job just to get enough hours to live on. Be flexible, be willing to work prn and any shift. Once you have a prn job at a hospital, when there are more full time jobs available, you would most likely get preferential hiring, since you are already an employee. Eventually I moved and the job shortage was solved.

Get your RRT, ACLS, NALS, PALS, etc. asap. Join the AARC and go to the meetings of local chapters in your state's respiratory society. Get your name and face out there and become known. Staffing and travel agencies do provide services to help you get a perm job also.

I know its frustrating for you. I was in your shoes 15 years ago. Everyone said RT was a bad career choice, that there would be no jobs, yada yada yada, RT is a dead end, and so forth. That is simply NOT TRUE. What you are experiencing right now is due to the economic slowdown and hospitals tightening up their budgets, as more of the general population becomes unemployed (and uninsured). The need for your services is still there. We have an ageing population which will require more licensed trained people to take care of them than ever, but, managers unfortuately have their hands tied temporarily.

Hang in there.. this too shall pass. Incidentally, anyone willing to do a major relocation, Yale-New Haven Hospital in CT does hire new grads and has openings. There are 2-3 jobs here in Louisville open. There are a small number of openings in Nashville, TN, Alaska, and so forth. You will find that larger teaching hospitals are much more willing to hire new grad

Reply - Report abuse

Jim RRT in Hanford, California

108 months ago

Have to second what Susan said. Remember that hospitals are non-profit and in our case...California (medi-cal) has cut re-embursment to about 30% of fee's charged. But this will pass. Stick with RT because it's the best job you can have and will, in the long run be the most rewarding and flexable. Stick with it guys and stick your face and resume in the face of every manager in the country.

Reply - Report abuse

Jim RRT in Hanford, California

108 months ago

RT in Kerman, California said: I am moving out to LA soon
Now, where do I start looking for my job....
Online where?
please help...

Your in Kerman? Why leave? Children's and CRMC are hiring. Did you attend school here and when did you graduate?

Reply - Report abuse

amygriffith in Portland, Oregon

108 months ago

I'm a RT student up her in Portland, OR. I am a little scared about finding a job after graduation. Like many place there is a current highing freeze in most of the local hospitals. But I also know because I work in medical records in one the local teaching hospitals that the new budget comes out in April. I don't know if it is like this in most areas, but up here most of the hiring happens after April.

I am flexible about where I am going to work, I'll move almost anywhere to find a job and get established in the profession. I am worried that I am not learning enough in the clinical setting. Any experienced RT's out there willing to give any advise on what I can do to maximize my clinical experience? (Study techniques for the CRT and RRT would be helpful as well.)

Reply - Report abuse

rtnothired in san diego, California

108 months ago

If your someone considering attending school for Respiratory, do yourself a favor and stay away from this program. Go nursing or another trade. There are too many schools in SAN DIEGO handing out CRT's and RRT's. People in this forum call it a "Hiring Freeze", but the real truth is this, 4 schools in San Diego, each put out about 100 Respiratory new grads per year,= Not enough jobs to go around. Also NBRC is nothing but a gang of theives. Example: Nurse only has to take 1 exam and 1 fee which is about 200 dollars. Respiratory Therapist: has to take certified RT exam, Registery written exam, and Simulation Exam: total cost is about 600 dollars, just for the damn exam fees. RN: easily employed and averages about 30 an hour with ben. fresh out of school. RRT: unless you did alot of butt kissing or know someone in the department, YOU will not get hired! also the pay sucks! about 20 or so starting off with Ben. Ok, so lets re-cap RN: 30 an hour, easily employed, less fees to pay for exam. RT: 20 an hour, getting a job is like asking North Korea to kiss and make up with America, oh and your looking at 600 dollars in exam fees. Well folk's its does not take a smart man to figure this one out.

I'm a new Grad RT, frustrated, my foot hurts from constantly kicking myself in the butt the last few months, and I have a 20k college bill that needs to be paid off!

Reply - Report abuse

rtnothired in san diego, California

108 months ago

Hey Grandad, This is not the 50's anymore, we live in 2009! I've tried that crap already, Walking into the department and trying to sweet talk you way in. Plain SIMPLE fact is, IT's not going to happen. How the hell can you go around talking about you need to be a bit more positive? YOUR NOT even an RT yet! ROFL, Look do yourself a favor, save that money, and stick to what ever it is you do! One day you will be the best damn Vending Machine sales man in America, But an RT, you will not be. Until your in my shoes do not come around here with that crap about being positive.

Reply - Report abuse

mzT in Hesperia, California

107 months ago

Job hunting sucks..there are a few teaching hospitals you can look for that have residency programs. Even though residencies are for those still waiting for their license its great experience, That way when they do get it they will have at least 6 months unlike thosae who already have their license with no real experience beside a few clinical trips. Try to get great letters of recommendations from preceptors from clinical sites you have been too. Good luck. Don't get to discouraged job market sucks for just about everything..LoL

Reply - Report abuse

107 months ago

Your funny!From what your saying your not an RT either!Why dont you check out Torrance memorial.They are hiring and unless you have nothing on your resume besides pizza hut and an RT cert they may hire you.I have ben working there selling vending machines to the Cardiology dept so I checked in between filling up the candy bars.And you are correct it is 2009 and people no longer get jobs by putting a face with a name. How could I make such a mistake?Oh damn I need to go to work.Have a great day.

Reply - Report abuse

Angel B in Chula Vista, California

107 months ago

joe in San Dimas, California said: Your funny!From what your saying your not an RT either!Why dont you check out Torrance memorial.They are hiring and unless you have nothing on your resume besides pizza hut and an RT cert they may hire you.I have ben working there selling vending machines to the Cardiology dept so I checked in between filling up the candy bars.And you are correct it is 2009 and people no longer get jobs by putting a face with a name. How could I make such a mistake?Oh damn I need to go to work.Have a great day.

You are inaccurate, Joe. MzT IS referring to ENTRY LEVEL, FRESHLY GRADUATED/LICENSED RTs. That first step of 'experience' in the RT field IS as hard as MzT said. Nice that YOU are employed in your chosen profession, but, do NOT give inaccurate data about ENTRY LEVEL RT, please. Get to work with those candy-bars, Joe. Or, share your own experience about licensing and entry level positions for vending machines.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.