Travel Therapist ???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (451 to 498 of 498)
Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10   

michele in Henderson, Nevada

49 months ago

DIANE in Akron, Ohio said: NO A CRT AND AN RRT ARE NOT THE SAME THING. THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH OUR PROFESSION. IT IS A MATTER OF EDUCATION. THAT IS LIKE SAYING AN LPN AND AN RN ARE THE SAME. OBVIOUSLY YOU LACK EDUCATION!!!!!

what can an RRT do that a CRT cannot?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

michele in Henderson, Nevada said: what can an RRT do that a CRT cannot?????

an RN and lpn have 2 totally differnt scopes of practice. What is the difference other than education between the RRT and the CRT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DIANE in Akron, Ohio

49 months ago

OraP in Clackamas, Oregon said: Does anyone on this forum know about MaximHealth? I am considering join them to work in CA. Thanks

LOVE MAXIM

DIANE in Akron, Ohio

49 months ago

Anita in Orlando, Florida said: WOW!!!!!! For some reason it doesn surprise me. The majority of LPN's workin in nursing homes have no clue what they're doing. I think that's the case in every facility. Its so sad and scary at the same time. They always wanna blame the CNA just to cover vtheir behind. I know this cause I was a CNA. I called 30 nursing homes one day and didn't get anything. Been gettin rejected everywhere I apply. And the messed up part about all this is, is that I work in a freakin hosp for 10 years now. Same freakin company, and all my transfers r somehow rejected, or I never hear from them. I gave up lookin for a job. I'm takin my RRT next week and when I pass it, ill start all over again. Apparently, facilities want RRT, and not CRT's. To me is the same thing. The only dif is that u have to pay $400 to change title.

NO A CRT AND AN RRT ARE NOT THE SAME. IT IS A MATTER OF EDUCATION. IS AN LPN THE SAME AS AN RN? I THOUGHT YOU WERE EDUCATED.

anita in Orlando, Florida

49 months ago

RRT and CRT r exactly the same thing. Is the same 2 year program anywhere in the world. From CRT to RRT is just a test that is similar to the CRT one. The only difference is that costs $400. ONLY DIFFERENCE! RN and LPN is completetly different. RN is WAY more intense and more school years. These days you can be an lPN in 9 months, which is ridiculous and scary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jencrt in Enterprise, Alabama

49 months ago

I have been a cry for 10 years I had to small children and never took my test I did ketttering seminars for my RRT then never took the test but there are a lot of RRT that I have came across that scare me. But I know gets that can run circle around try. Just saying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anita in Winter Springs, Florida

49 months ago

What did you try to say??? You make no sense.

49 months ago

Anita in Winter Springs, Florida said: What did you try to say??? You make no sense.

Anita, can you imagine the charting ????

anita in Winter Springs, Florida

49 months ago

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!! I will pay money to see that charting!!!!

n105 in Livingston, New Jersey

48 months ago

Hi. Im a resp therapist in a hospital that rotates their therapists through all of the units. I will be approaching 3 years in november this year and I have some experience working in a Burn unit but not in a trauma center. I was thinking of becoming a travelling RT but I'm not sure if i meet the qualifications. Most of my experience (and preference) is with adults. Things that concern me are that I only have experience with one kind of vent (servo I) and my PICU/NICU experience is minimal. How does each assignment go about training a new traveller? About how long do you train at a new facility (including learning their charting systems) before you are on your own? im really nervous about how the first assignment would be transitioning from working at one hospital my entire respiratory career. how was it for you?

Tishica in Stony Brook, New York

46 months ago

Quick question, what kind of experience is required to work as a respiratory therapist? Also, in the times between the places where you get contracted to, do you get paid for it?
I will be graduating in june of this year with a bs in rc. i just wanted to see what my options were.

7Angels in Manhattan, New York

46 months ago

Tishica in Stony Brook, New York said: Quick question, what kind of experience is required to work as a respiratory therapist? Also, in the times between the places where you get contracted to, do you get paid for it?
I will be graduating in june of this year with a bs in rc. i just wanted to see what my options were.

After you graduate, you need to get 1-2 years of experience before you travel. I was a travel nurse, but the same rules apply. Also, you don't get paid in between assignments. It's contract work, so you only get paid for the time you are on your assignment which is usually 13 weeks, but you may have the option to extend your contract. Also, any time taken off during your contract is not paid either. There are pros and cons. Hope this helps.

7Angels in Manhattan, New York

46 months ago

jencrt in Enterprise, Alabama said: Thinking of traveling got some questions. If they provide housing would i be taxed at the end of the year on the value of the housing they pay?

I have extensive experience in traveling as an RN and to answer your question CORRECTLY, unless you maintain a residence in your home state where you pay taxes, mortgage and return to in between assignments, your housing is tax free. If you do not own property, the housing will be taxed as income whether you take the company's housing or the subsidy. If the company offers you "free" housing...yes...it's free, but you will be taxed on it, as it is considered income. Talk to your accountant before you do anything.

vaw in Dallas, Texas

45 months ago

i have been looking to travel with a company for awhile. can anyone recommand a reliable, trueful, and honest company to apply for. i have been a therapist a long time with many years of experience and not afraid of hard work.

Mark RCP in Somewhere out there

45 months ago

vaw in Dallas, Texas said: i have been looking to travel with a company for awhile. can anyone recommand a reliable, trueful, and honest company to apply for. i have been a therapist a long time with many years of experience and not afraid of hard work.

As many of us have posted on here over the past months many travel companies that handle RTs will be hesitant to hire someone without previous travel experience. You can have all the experience and you probably do but if you have never worked alone or in small or even large hospitals this would be a NO.The way it goes is that you will most likely and the locations depends on where you have license to practice in that state. Contracts are from one end to the other of the US and hospital size varies from 25 no ER/or with an ER, ICU and OB of which you have to know how to do High risk c-sections and handle vents on your own or work a 450+ hospital and only work the floor. In all cases you only may get one day of orientation as they do NOT have time to train you in there vents so knowing all the vents is a major plus. You have to think on your own as in a small hospital your the only RT. The more skills like ekgs, abgs etc will help you but most companies and it comes from the facilty looking is experience in travel most times it is 1yr min. I have been traveling for 5yrs now and know all vents ,do high risk c-sections, ekgs,abgs and handle the whole hospital alone and that comes with years and respect that I can handle anything. Also travelers are sometimes the one that takes the brunt of the workload since your the fill in as it is the nature of travel.

R Wing in Buffalo, New York

41 months ago

To all those considering a move to travel, here is my background and here is what to consider.
I have over three years travel experience, and over 14 years experience as an RRT. I have worked as staff in Large Level I Trauma Centers in Cleveland, Ohio and Rochester, NY. I also did a travel assignment at Yale-New Haven Hospital (1000+beds) for four months. I also have worked in medium to small hospitals as staff and as a traveler. I have operated almost every type of ventilator ever made, etc...etc... I have worked in large NICU's and PICU's, ventilated fresh pediatric heart patients, used Nitric and Flolan in the OR with adult heart patients, etc...etc... I even worked in homecare for two years as an RRT then Center Manager. I pretty much have done it all.
Traveling is alot of fun, but you have to be able to adapt and overcome workload, difficult personalities, different equipment, people who are jealous of travelers, people who hate travelers, MD's who you have to prove your worth to, etc... No matter how good you are, you are always proving yourself to someone as a traveler, and that can be very difficult for some people. You have to be extroverted. You have to be confident, not smug. You need to prove to the supervisors and managers that you are skilled, believe me they are watching!! It is not easy, but if you can master the game and get your contracts renewed then you are doing well. You need to be thick-skinned, people will say mean things to you on occasion. Like when a supervisor told me that, "People travel because they cannot cut it as staff in a Hospital." I just laughed at her because she only worked in the same hospital for most of her career and she would never make it as a traveler. She was not well liked at "Her" hospital. She was burned out and miserable.
When I started traveling I had seven years as an RRT and five in acute care. I had NICU and PICU experience, which looks good on your profile. Get your NRP and ACLS at the very least!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

R Wing in Buffalo, New York

41 months ago

continued.... Market yourself to the recruiter's at several different companies. Make sure you get everything promised in writing, never sign a contract until you see promises in writing. Be ready to be without work for a few weeks or longer, because in this economy traveling is tough. Have money to apply for several state licenses and only get licenses where you really want to work, and more importantly where the work IS!!! All states require you to verify previous licenses, whether active or inactive, so be prepared for a TON of paperwork, faxes, etc... I once got a Colorado license but never worked there, even so, if I apply for another state license I still have to verify Colorado. This paperwork can take weeks, especially if you are working shifts and busy with life! If you are a recreational drug user, you can forget about traveling. You will be tested before each and every assignment and at random, so forget about the occasional ganja toke or worse. It takes a DESIRE to travel, meet new people, learn how to do things differently, prove yourself, etc... Do not travel for the NEED to work or if you are not somewhat financially secure, because you could be without an assignment for weeks or more.
Get experience, save some cash, then decide if that life is for you. If so, then DO IT, you can do anything you put your mind to. I had a ton of fun as a traveler. I met many cool and knowledgeable people along the way. Currently, I am thinking about traveling again, but the economy has to recover and jobs have to open up before I commit to that life again. Anyway, thanks for listening, any questions feel free to ask!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Cicero, New York

41 months ago

I have over 11 years experience as a staff employee and tired of all the politics and low pay! Considering travel. What is the forecast these days?

41 months ago

Ann in Cicero, New York said: I have over 11 years experience as a staff employee and tired of all the politics and low pay! Considering travel. What is the forecast these days?

Hard to say especially being a new year but good thing for us as RTs the flu has finally hit vs other years where it was non-existant.
But what many that have or last few posts fail to tell you and most that travel is not everyone also you have to have travel experience,many companies only want experienced travelers being a min of 1yr to some wanting 3yrs. This does not count to your years at a hospital being fulltime staff. This experience comes from the hospital looking for traveler do to having to be on your own or with other RTs. Many that have worked FT have not worked by themselves and alot of places one may go have only you on as the RT. Knowing everything in RT is the key also and to know every vent, piece of equipment, exp in Ekgs. POINT- travel may come up but with a state license they will pass you up,its a game when trying to know which ones to have to possibly get, having a good recruiter if you decide to travel will know and have feel for our feild,bad point many recruiters are in-experienced as they came into this area from sales etc no medical knowledge. Travel is a game of wait and see sometimes and you still have a Director interview on top of what the travel company wants from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kellie in Mesa, Arizona

36 months ago

I have been working for the last seven years in a large hospital in AZ and now I am ready to move to traveling. This is what my goal has always been but wanted some experience under my belt first. Now that the time has come I'm very nervous about giving up a full time gig for traveling. Are there still positions out there? I am eager to try anywhere. At my hospital there were jobs a few years back but we haven't used travelers for the last 2 or 3 years so I'm nervous. I will be traveling with my teenage daughter so "living in a box" when I'm unemployed is NOT an option!! So I want to be sure before I get myself into something. Anyone out there still traveling? Is it rough to find new assignments or do you keep busy?

36 months ago

Well to begin would be keep your current job...... and while working you can start contacting all or some of the companies that work with RTs in travel. If you quit now you will be in the same situation as most are no job. With most and what I have learned is a little information is all they need to get your profile active in case a need comes up, I never supply references since they like to call without you knowing, bothering the reference and if they call numerous times from different companies its a annoying, more to just provide an email only.
Licensure-- each state requires one and takes 4wks to months to get everything from previous states and process it and its gamble in which state you need one especially these days with contracts popping up with little notice. The needs are so-so know since its summer and no flu/rsv so where to go is very hard to say.
One travel to stay away from is for the reservations, they are nightmare assignments.
Experience- many that I work for and but not all want at least 1yr to 3yrs of travel experience, this comes from the facility not the agency. This is due to having to be on the floor with no to little orientation. Knowing as many vents, other modes of therapy, meditech, epic all help to get you noticed when the resume is submitted to the manager.
Traveling with a teenager is new one, many travel with a pet or 2 or a spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend. So I would 100% positive that your daughter wants to be on the road a lot, being possibly in a place with nothing to do while your at work, possible living in a extended stay or a small apartment etc.
I know this from the 6yrs of travel and living in places that are small to very isolated. Assignments come up but the choice of a city, small town or location is a toss-up.

So all things to consider. If you need more info let me know.

Kellie in Mesa, Arizona

36 months ago

Yes I plan on working my current job untill something comes up but don't want to go to one assignment and then have nothing come up after that. Have you stayed busy. Are you able to go from on job to the next?

Kellie in Mesa, Arizona

36 months ago

DIANE in Akron, Ohio said: NO A CRT AND AN RRT ARE NOT THE SAME THING. THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH OUR PROFESSION. IT IS A MATTER OF EDUCATION . THAT IS LIKE SAYING AN LPN AND AN RN ARE THE SAME. OBVIOUSLY YOU LACK EDUCATION!!!!!

That's funny because I went to school and the only difference is the testing at the end. We all went to the same classes and graduated with the same paper. It's just a money maker (in my opinion) at this point. Everyone trains for the RRT but you have to take the CRT to get there. Training is all the same.

36 months ago

Kellie in Mesa, Arizona said: Yes I plan on working my current job untill something comes up but don't want to go to one assignment and then have nothing come up after that. Have you stayed busy. Are you able to go from on job to the next?

To give you an idea:
I have been traveling for the last 6yrs. Started in 07 and worked a lot up until 09. Everything dropped off or slowed down after Obama was elected and all the hospitals started tightening there budgets. There were months that I could not find a contract, mainly the needs dried up or did not have that license for the state they needed someone. Like I said its like playing roulette with states and the license.
I did slow down and back at traveling since last July and have been busy since then and will finish up here soon with no leads so far. Summer is bad for needs vs winter.
So overall its summer and hard to say, I try to go from one to another and will till the end of the year, because truth is Travel is stressful.

36 months ago

DIANE in Akron, Ohio said: NO A CRT AND AN RRT ARE NOT THE SAME THING. THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH OUR PROFESSION. IT IS A MATTER OF EDUCATION . THAT IS LIKE SAYING AN LPN AND AN RN ARE THE SAME. OBVIOUSLY YOU LACK EDUCATION!!!!!

Diane.... your either on drugs or a New grad and like all new grads you have no Damn clue!
I have a AAS in Respiratory and I am a CRT. There is NO NO NO difference between a RRT or CRT and Education for RRT and CRT is the same ! It is a AAS and yes there is BS and even few Masters available. I can do everything a RRT can do, I have the same education. If you knew the history of CRT and that the last T was dropped by the NBRC, many that are still stuck in the past of the credential. Its began with California college and other 1yr schools leading to a CRTT(last T was tech)so the NBRC is its effort to raise the level removed it and over the years made all RT schools a 2yr degree, but those who still remain in the past see a CRT and think we have a 1yr degree... Wrong! The RRT is a 2yr degree same as what I have and mine is from a University and my program was very intense and respected. The difference now comes before graduating you have to take the CRT then RRT in time.
The only reason is to push the field into a more professional level and the NBRC thinking has divided CRT and RRT but in all reality I have the same Education and Training and my Years of experience will run circles around your RRT. Also I travel and to be a traveling RT you have to be at a higher level than most. I chose not to take the RRT for reasons of money and time and since I travel unable to. I am happy being a CRT and like stated will always have a job and the more the upper hand in being hired. I have known and have a lot RRT as co-workers and we all have the same goal-- PT care !

In regards to RN and LPN--- LPN is a 1yr certificate NOT a degree. RN is a ADN or Bachelor or Master and know a PHD in Nurse Practitioner

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Addition === Perhaps Diane you are not a New Grad but I can tell by your Ignorance you are still green or have only been a RT for a short time and like stated have NO clue. So in being ,you need to Get Educated instead of Insulting others. Remember you piss off one RT and you piss off others!!!

michele4063 in Las Vegas, Nevada

36 months ago

Diane must be crazy. There is no additional schooling required to become and RRT. It is just an additional test, and nothing can ever compare to experience. Alot of RRT's seem to think that those three letters make them better. You know what get off the high horse and listen to your old timer CRT's. You might actually learn something and save a life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Thank you michelle4063..

In addition in my experiences and on several past contracts as this comes from RRT that have been doing RT for along time. Quote: "I would rather have a CRT taking care me than a RRT.
Also so many new grads and ones with a few years think they know it because they have a R in their title and feel privileged.

michele4063 in Las Vegas, Nevada

36 months ago

You are so right Mark.I don't want anyone practicing on me with textbook calculations and protocol. I want someone who has seen it all and done it all and takes the time to look at the patient no matter what numbers say or what a textbook says I should do, who isn't afraid to go head to head with some higher up because something might not be cost effective or "not what I was taught in school". Thank you for being one of those that can stand the test of time.

orap in Clackamas, Oregon

36 months ago

LOL.....Diane is sure green in the field. I am RRT and had my best mentors with only CRT. Our profession is combined with knowledge, technical, mechanical and technology aptitudes. Some RRTs are good just on the paper to pass the test and earning credentials and DO NOT know how to apply that knowledge.

Knowledge came from years of experiences and willingness to learn with an open mind. Don't put down one another in the same fields. You may have a red face one day when you are corrected by the CRT whom has have outstanding experiences and knowledgeable than you.

jen in Rockford, Minnesota

36 months ago

Kellie,
I started in AZ as well, its a long process to really get into the travel world, but once your in it was all worth it, I have been on the road for 3 years and have had a job every single week I have been out here, I do only have my CRT not my rrt but it hasn't really seemed to make a difference. The key is to find a recruiter that you trust, its a crazy relationship but they get to know you what you expect and what they can expect from you. I found a great one, there is a lot to go over if you would like my contact infoI would b happy to help you.

36 months ago

In regards to what jen wrote, perhaps you have had a job every week but its also due to location and the license you have. And many hospitals now do not except CRT's sad but true. Indiana, New York and many more have gone with mentality of the NBRC and have only decided on hiring RRT for FT and even travel. Also as stated licensure is the key and timing but no one and only if you have tons of time and money is to get every state license. I have 4 and 2 expired since there has never been a need. But yes it is having a recruiter that understands your needs also, and many are new to field of recruitment also one may not be one the one for each person. My recruiters understand I only do days, Adult ICU also since I have never had NICU experience of which is just not for me, made some travel contracts unavailable to me but more and more NICU experience will always get you a contract. ( to add I only do days and most will say you need to be able to do both) but I have done my time in the field with a lot of nights but no longer. But overall you may have been busy for 3yrs but not everyone has and travel is still a gamble but having the right license at the right time.

Janet j in Fort Smith, Arkansas

36 months ago

Could you give me some travel company numbers to help me get started? Janet J from Arkansas. E-mail adds: scorpio64 j@ yahoo.com

united32809 in Holly Springs, North Carolina

36 months ago

Mark RCP in Somewhere out there said: Well to begin would be keep your current job...... and while working you can start contacting all or some of the companies that work with RTs in travel. If you quit now you will be in the same situation as most are no job. With most and what I have learned is a little information is all they need to get your profile active in case a need comes up, I never supply references since they like to call without you knowing, bothering the reference and if they call numerous times from different companies its a annoying, more to just provide an email only.
Licensure-- each state requires one and takes 4wks to months to get everything from previous states and process it and its gamble in which state you need one especially these days with contracts popping up with little notice. The needs are so-so know since its summer and no flu/rsv so where to go is very hard to say.
One travel to stay away from is for the reservations, they are nightmare assignments.
Experience- many that I work for and but not all want at least 1yr to 3yrs of travel experience, this comes from the facility not the agency. This is due to having to be on the floor with no to little orientation. Knowing as many vents, other modes of therapy, meditech, epic all help to get you noticed when the resume is submitted to the manager.
Traveling with a teenager is new one, many travel with a pet or 2 or a spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend. So I would 100% positive that your daughter wants to be on the road a lot, being possibly in a place with nothing to do while your at work, possible living in a extended stay or a small apartment etc.
I know this from the 6yrs of travel and living in places that are small to very isolated. Assignments come up but the choice of a city , small town or location is a toss-up.

So all things to consider. If you need more info let me know.

have you heard of Med Travelers? what companies have you worked for Mark?

36 months ago

I have heard of Med-travelers which is a AMN company meaning they bought up all the small ones to make one. A lot of companies are doing this since the industry has gone through a lot changes due to Obama care and Medicare cuts.
But again do not believe what is posted on there web page since the need may be old or they are just fishing for new resumes for just incase. So call them and see what the real need is and go from there also the postings leave out what the real need may be as far as is really a NICU/PICU need or more. I work for only a few now since most have closed or sold and they also know what my needs are and what I am looking for.
There is Aureus, Comphealth, Triage staffing, Med-pro in FL, Parallon(formerly All about staffing) which staffs all the HCA, Maxim staffing, Rapid Temps.

Ryan RRT in Las Vegas, Nevada

33 months ago

I'm having problems finding an RT job out here in Las Vegas. I moved out here from San Diego because it was way to saturated over there, to try to have a better chance with no luck. Does anyone know where a new grad would have the best chances of landing a a job? I have my RRT and my NV license. I've applied to every UHS job post that's come out and I'm getting really frustrated because I've been out here for 8 months now with no call back at all. Someone, anyone please help. I just need my foot in the door. They all say I need a minimum of 1 year experience? How am I supposed to get experience if they won't take a chance!

newkiddontheblock in Las vegas, Nevada

31 months ago

Ryan RRT in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I'm having problems finding an RT job out here in Las Vegas. I moved out here from San Diego because it was way to saturated over there, to try to have a better chance with no luck. Does anyone know where a new grad would have the best chances of landing a a job? I have my RRT and my NV license. I've applied to every UHS job post that's come out and I'm getting really frustrated because I've been out here for 8 months now with no call back at all. Someone, anyone please help. I just need my foot in the door. They all say I need a minimum of 1 year experience? How am I supposed to get experience if they won't take a chance!

My brother has been in LV since 2010. No hospital would give him a chance. They are giving all of the jobs to a NV new grad. My brother eventually gave up and changed his career. Sorry to hear that you are going through the same thing. Best of luck to you.

K. B. in Austin, Texas

31 months ago

I have been in the RT field for 17 years and I am activally working to get out of the field. I strongly encourage anyone thinking about the respiratory field to not do it. We have a idiot AARC and NBRC that allows schools to crank out students because the schools do not care about the field but instead they are only concerned about maximizing their profits. It makes me wonder what the AARC is really all about.
Anyway, a few years back the hot place in the U.S.A. to do respiratory therapy was Las Vegas. There was a huge shortage of respiratory therapist because there were no RT schools in Nevada. This shortage was short lived thanks to all the RT school that opened up in Las Vegas. Schools like Pima Medical Institute, Carrington College (formally Apollo College, that should tell you something about a school that has to change their name), Concorde colleges (emphasis on the plural out in California) do not care about the profession. Those schools basically went in to Nevada and flooded the market.
I can tell you first hand that these technical schools have no academic standard what so ever and they end up dragging the RT profession down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mike in San Jose, California

31 months ago

wow. that's a negative attitude. I went to one of those schools that crank out students. I make a great living and I love my job, patients and coworkers. you should leave the field. you obviously are burned out.
potential RTs: ignore this burnouts advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

K. B. in Austin, Texas

31 months ago

mike in San Jose, California said: wow. that's a negative attitude. I went to one of those schools that crank out students. I make a great living and I love my job, patients and coworkers. you should leave the field. you obviously are burned out.
potential RTs: ignore this burnouts advice.

It is not negative advice or burnout, in fact I enjoy the field, it is called speaking the truth. Hell, my first RT job was $7.95/hr so do not preach to me about burnout. You remind of a RT manager out of Arizona that would shaft their employees every chance she could, and when people would complain she would say that people had a attitude problem. I worked at the hospital for eight years and when I left I was one of the most senior RTs. Most RTs would only last a year. One last thing about this manager she was a idiot and she went to a shady RT school that cranked out every person they could get through the door. How she got the job I have no clue.

Listen to me Kill Roy, these schools that crank out students are the scurg of this profession. They are the main reason why in certain parts of the country it is almost impossible to find a job as a RT. Oh, by the way you can not tell me the employment prospects are too great in California.
I am sick and tired of watching RTs get the shaft and meanwhile there are idiots like that manager in AZ and idiots like you that only know how to say that someone has a attitude problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

I love to wind up crybabies like you. thanks for the laugh

K. B. in Austin, Texas

31 months ago

mike in San Jose, California said: I love to wind up crybabies like you. thanks for the laugh

No problem. I will tell your Mom later tonight that I made you laugh. LOL

31 months ago

a mom joke? that's all you got? you're pathetic. Crabby old RTs are the reason I stopped following RT forums. I forgot about this one until I got an email notification. do yourself a favor. stop worrying so much about what schools are doing to the field and worry about yourself and your patients. that's all that matters. by the way, most of the brightest RTs we have, both new and seasoned, came from private tech schools. There are plenty of jobs here. and they pay very well

K. B. in Austin, Texas

31 months ago

Well if that is the case, Mike, why don't you send me a job link so you and I can hang out. So we can talk about how awesome you are and the pedestal we should place you on. Maybe while you at it, you can set me straight on my bad attitude.

k.b. in Austin, Texas

31 months ago

mike in San Jose, California said: a mom joke? that's all you got? you're pathetic. Crabby old RTs are the reason I stopped following RT forums. I forgot about this one until I got an email notification. do yourself a favor. stop worrying so much about what schools are doing to the field and worry about yourself and your patients. that's all that matters. by the way, most of the brightest RTs we have, both new and seasoned, came from private tech schools. There are plenty of jobs here. and they pay very well

One last thing Mike. You might not like what I am saying. But you have to understand one thing. The difference between you and me is that I am not full of sh*t. From serving four years in the Marine Corps Infantry to getting a real Bachelor Degree to putting my heart and soul into Respiratory I have paid my dues. I am willing to bet you have no idea as to what your are talking about.

TravelingRT in Mountain, Colorado

31 months ago

k.b. in Austin, Texas said: One last thing Mike. You might not like what I am saying. But you have to understand one thing. The difference between you and me is that I am not full of sh*t. From serving four years in the Marine Corps Infantry to getting a real Bachelor Degree to putting my heart and soul into Respiratory I have paid my dues. I am willing to bet you have no idea as to what your are talking about.

I stand by what you have to say and to those who think we are crabby old RTs or complaining and negative, wait till your day comes and those Young RTs take your job. The amount of new grads and the way they are educated is Pathetic. So many thing since they are a RRT they have it all or more to think the RRT is their state license. The thinking and lack of maturity amounts to lack luster RT in turn leads to demeaning the field. Those who come out today honestly need to learn from the crabby old RTs like myself and others, 90% of your job and training comes from seasoned RT's and the little tricks of the trade. I still know RTs that have been on the field since the beginning and they will always be the ones I respect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

belindaekstrom in Phoenix, Arizona

11 months ago

Troy in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Hi Traveler in Keller,

I am wondering if what you say holds much water (the part that reads "the travel is starting to pick up.") I am trying to plan a travel assignment to Phoenix, Arizona for about 10 mos. to a year from now. I have specific reasons for going there, so the point is, I have to go there and no where else. I went to the PRCS website, they who seem to be the front-runner on assignments to AZ and NV, and there was nothing under the RRT link. As a matter of fact, when I clicked on it, it took me to a page that had a link for a Physical Therapist only. Not a gosh darn thing for RRTs. I looked over at the Aureus site, and the same holds true there...not much for RTs, if anything at all. Physical therapy or nursing seems to be the way to go if you want to be a traveler.

This thread started around 3 years ago, and I have read each and every post over the last hour or so. As I have read and noted the time of the posts, I have watched the availability of RT travel positions dwindle down to almost nothing. So I am wondering where you are getting your information about RRT travel positions picking up. I would like more info on the agency you are speaking about.

Is there a lot of nitric administration in the NICU where your husband works? There isn't a whole lot of it going on in the NICU at St. Louis Children 's. While it does occur on occasion, nitric is usually administered to heart patients in the CICU who have major shunting issues going on.

Thank you,
Troy

Troy,
I currently work in AZ and a lot of the hospitals here do not use travelers very much because of money they have all started their own local pool so to speak to go between the hospitals. I have worked for PRCS years ago and the work was hit or miss. Hope you find so thing.
Belinda

Suzanne in Royal Oak, Michigan

10 months ago

Just curious......what is the standard of care in regards to the ratio of patients per Respiratory Therapist in a LTAC facility?

Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.