Tutoring for CRT in Philadelphia

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 76)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

noncertified

56 months ago

Hi! Last year I graduated from a Respiratory Therapy program, and i haven't been able to pass my certification exam. My parents are sick of paying the fees for me to keep taking the test, they agreed though to help me with tutoring for my next try.

Does anybody know a tutor that I can meet with in person? I tried Kettering, but it seems like they only do online or over the phoen? I don't think that will work for me... Does anybody know someone who does this???? thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

noncertified

56 months ago

Hi I didn't get any responses, but I'm still wondering, if you raed this and have any advice, let me konw?? Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

webdox in Ferndale, Michigan

56 months ago

Unfortunately you cannot memorize being an RT. You had to learn it in school. If you cannot pass the CRT after multiple attempts one has to wonder at what point your school is responsible for graduating someone who can't pass. In short, your school should have prepared you, you should not require a tutor post graduation in order to pass your CRT. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rolinda in Chula Vista, California

56 months ago

Hi noncertified, Just out of curiosity, which RT school program did you graduate from?. Have you taken a (SAE)Self Assessment Exam?. It is normally given towards the end of the RT Program to help students see which areas they are weak, so they can better prepare themselves for their Final Exam and most importantly for their NBRC CRT and RRT Board Exams. Take advantage of the SAEs and Practice Exams provided by the NBRC via their website. The Kettering Seminar is a great review of the material new graduates learned during their RT school program and it helps them focus their studies on the areas covered on the Board Exams. I agree with webdox, ultimately it is your school's responsibility to provide you with the tools you need, not only to pass your Board Exams, but also to be successful in the Field. Is anyone else from your program unable to pass the CRT Exam?. Have you contacted your school?. I wish you all the best. Good journey.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

noncertified in Fleetwood, Pennsylvania

56 months ago

Thanks!! I went to community for RT, we did take exams prior to graduating but I'm not sure what they were called? I'll check to see if any was an "SAE"... THanks!!

Student RT in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

I am also looking for a tutor in my area. My problem is with mechanical ventilation and I just need someone to brake it down for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Student RT in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

I am a student respiratory therapist looking for someone to tutor me in mechanical ventilation. If someone knows of someone in my area please post and let me know.

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Response in Springfield, Ohio

56 months ago

Student RT in Houston, Texas said: I am a student respiratory therapist looking for someone to tutor me in mechanical ventilation. If someone knows of someone in my area please post and let me know.

Thanks,

Don't let mechanical ventilation intimidate you. It is pretty straight forward.

Vt is how much volume you take it. Think of a 1 liter coke bottle. For example a person can take in on a ventilator 500 mls or 0.5 liters

RR is how many times you breathe per minute. For example, a person can have a RR of 12 on the ventilator

Vt x RR = minute volume. Dont' get too hung up on minute volume just know the calculation

Fi02 is pretty simple. (oxygen... we all need it)

Pressure support = think of drinking a milk shake through a thin straw. It is hard to drink. Now think of a device that will help you over come that resistance of that straw to better help you drink that milshake. The same goes for the Ventilator. You have the ventilator + straw(tubing) + ET tube.

Remember the calculations and what goes to what. Such as AC mode has no pressure support, but SIMV and CPAP does.

Try to find a common example for each setting to help you visualize what is going on.

also, Try and order the Kettering Seminars on audio and books. They work great!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Denver, Colorado

54 months ago

Hello,
I am between semesters in my Respiratory Therapist classwork and need a tutor that has recently been certifed or recently graduated. I need a few things broken down in to lay man's and am willing to pay for time spent. Maybe 3 to 4 times a week for a couple of hours each day.
My home is located between Boulder and Denver.
Please email me at buttonldb@yahoo.com
Linda

rthelp in Phoenix, Arizona

54 months ago

Hello, i have graduated from RT school, and am looking for a tutor or someone that can help my pass my board exams, in Arizona. thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

I'm RT Tutoring phoennix AZ in Salt Lake City, Utah

47 months ago

I'm an RT and I live in a Phoenix AZ. If you are looking for Tutoring for CRT, RT, or you are RT student who wants to do well Email me. I like to see you do well on your first attempt board exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tiffbennett2010 in Franklin, Tennessee

47 months ago

I'm RT Tutoring phoennix AZ in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I'm an RT and I live in a Phoenix AZ. If you are looking for Tutoring for CRT, RT, or you are RT student who wants to do well Email me. I like to see you do well on your first attempt board exam.

Hello I am looking for all the extra help i can get. Please email me back@ tiffbennett2010@yahoo.com.. Thanks!

alrichfeld in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

47 months ago

Student RT in Houston, Texas said: I am also looking for a tutor in my area. My problem is with mechanical ventilation and I just need someone to brake it down for me.

Hi! Maybe I can help. I've been a CRT for 20 years and I've taught the RT program at a local school in the Fort Lauderdale area. Please email me when you get a chance and we can go from there.

alrichfeld in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

47 months ago

Student RT in Houston, Texas said: I am a student respiratory therapist looking for someone to tutor me in mechanical ventilation. If someone knows of someone in my area please post and let me know.

Thanks,

Hi! Maybe I can help. I've been a CRT for 20 years and I taught the RT program at one of the local schools in the
Fort Lauderdale area. Please email me when you get a chance and we can go from there.

heather in Richmond, Virginia

47 months ago

Response in Springfield, Ohio said: Don't let mechanical ventilation intimidate you. It is pretty straight forward.

Vt is how much volume you take it. Think of a 1 liter coke bottle. For example a person can take in on a ventilator 500 mls or 0.5 liters

RR is how many times you breathe per minute. For example, a person can have a RR of 12 on the ventilator

Vt x RR = minute volume. Dont' get too hung up on minute volume just know the calculation

Fi02 is pretty simple. (oxygen... we all need it)

Pressure support = think of drinking a milk shake through a thin straw. It is hard to drink. Now think of a device that will help you over come that resistance of that straw to better help you drink that milshake. The same goes for the Ventilator. You have the ventilator + straw(tubing) + ET tube.

Remember the calculations and what goes to what. Such as AC mode has no pressure support, but SIMV and CPAP does.

Try to find a common example for each setting to help you visualize what is going on.

also, Try and order the Kettering Seminars on audio and books. They work great!

wow i am still taking my pre-regs n have no knowledge of this stuff yet and you broke it down so well even i was able to follow it! was there a specific study guide you used?

CELESTE912

46 months ago

alrichfeld in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Hi! Maybe I can help. I've been a CRT for 20 years and I taught the RT program at one of the local schools in the
Fort Lauderdale area. Please email me when you get a chance and we can go from there.

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME PASS MY CRT EXAM.

Alrichfeld in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

46 months ago

Absolutely! Please tell me specifically what areas you need help in, and we'll take it from there one subject at a time.

CELESTE912

46 months ago

I NEED HELP IN MONITORING THE VENT. SEEMS LIKE I KNOW THE ANSWER BUT I KEEP GETTING THE WRONG ANSWERS.WHEN I GET TO THE SCENERIO QUESTIONS I CAN'T CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER .PLEASE HELP ME I NEED TO PASS THIS EXAM I'M A SINGLE PARENT WITH FOUR CHILDREN I NEED TO MAKE MONEY.

Alisha in Fort George G Meade, Maryland

46 months ago

I placed an order for Lindsey-Jones home study but I haven't received it. For those who've used it, how long did it take to arrive? Also, the only contact information I can find is one telephone number that nobody has answered in the weeks since I placed my order. If you have used it, do you have any contact information other than ***-***-6129? I'm tempted to order Kettering and just forget about it. I've used it for the CRT and thought it was great. If someone has used both, which did you find more helpful?

Alisha in Fort George G Meade, Maryland

46 months ago

NJ-RRT/NPS/CPT said: I have used both Kettering and Lindsey Jones. You wont pass the clinical sims with Lindsey Jones.

Thank you. I've left some very irritated voicemails with L J. As soon as they get back to me I'll be cancelling that order and placing one with Kettering. Did you also use Kettering for NPS? That's the next step I'm planning to take.

annamma in Dallas, Texas

46 months ago

hi igrduated from online respiratory program itok the crt test 4 times didnt make it about to give up i wet kettering saminar is any one can do the privte tutaring to help me pass this test .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

annamma in Dallas, Texas

46 months ago

hi igrduated from online respiratory program itok the crt test 4 times didnt make it about to give up i wet kettering saminar is any one can do the privte tutaring to help me pass this test .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

annamma in Dallas, Texas

46 months ago

hi igrduated from online respiratory program itook the crt test 4 times didnt make it about to give up i went kettering saminar is any one can do the privte tutaring to help me pass this test .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

100krecruiter in Marietta, Georgia

46 months ago

Plus I passed the CRT on the first try with the software

Jay in New York, New York

46 months ago

On man now they have Online respiratory programs.. shaking head.

eve4430 in Atlanta, Georgia

45 months ago

100krecruiter in Marietta, Georgia said: Plus I passed the CRT on the first try with the software

What software was that?

want2be RT in Overland Park, Kansas

44 months ago

hi i live in ks badly want to pass my crt going in for 2nd try on saturday if anyone can help me pass simply by txt messaging me answers back i would apperciate it alot

Gee Gee in Miami, Florida

44 months ago

Hi I am a student in my second semester, this is mechnical ventilation, can anyone help me understand the modes, of give me advice on how to put the concepts together please, thanks.

analise23 in Phoenix, Arizona

44 months ago

I'm RT Tutoring phoennix AZ in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I'm an RT and I live in a Phoenix AZ. If you are looking for Tutoring for CRT, RT, or you are RT student who wants to do well Email me. I like to see you do well on your first attempt board exam.

I live in arizona and graduated about a year ago. I have my RRT. I also tutored for one the RT schools here in the valley if you are interested and still need help just email me perhaps we can set something up.

analise23 in Phoenix, Arizona

44 months ago

oh here is my email by the way lilsaints12u06@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gee Gee in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

44 months ago

Thank you so much,I am a student, getting ready for clinical and mechnical ventilation. I will email you tonight, thanks again.

jackie in Oglethorpe, Georgia

42 months ago

Alrichfeld in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Absolutely! Please tell me specifically what areas you need help in, and we'll take it from there one subject at a time.

i need help in mechanical ventilation and knowing how to treat the diseases. i am starting to stress when i think i got it and try to apply it i get it wrong. Please help me!

cj in Pompano Beach, Florida

42 months ago

alrichfeld in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Hi! Maybe I can help! I've been a CRT for 20 years and I've taught the RT program at one of the local schools in the Fort Lauderdale area.
Please email me when you get a chance and we can go from there.
AL LET ME PROVIDE U WITH

MY E MAIL C3080@AOL.COM

ttbreath2 in Opelika, Alabama

41 months ago

Please don't be discouraged and give up. The exams are hard and they focus more on mechanical ventilation. Mechanical ventilation is hard for anyone that has not worked in the field yet. You can read all you want about it and it still does not sink well. I wonder if some of you can't go to your local hospital and explain to the Respiratory manager that you will be taking the CRT soon and just want to shadow an ICU therapist, it is just worth the try. I would not get in their way but I sure would ask some good questions. Good Luck guys and remember you put in the hard work of finishing school.

Rich

41 months ago

What's your email? I need CRT assistance.

jackie in Ashburn, Georgia

40 months ago

i am a respiratory therapist i have been out of school since march and have taken my crt twice and failed! can anybody please help me with passing my crt?

jackie in Ashburn, Georgia

40 months ago

Rich said: What's your email? I need CRT assistance.[/QUOT

Hi Rich my name is Jackie and i want to know canyou please help me pass my board exams!
my email address is jack133254@yahoo.com

ttbreath2 in Auburn, Alabama

40 months ago

@ Jackie, what are you missing it by? what did your scoring paper say was your weakest, meaning what was the lowest scoring area? what are you studying?, Kettering, Lindsey Jones, etc. There is a method to NBRC madness beside making us pay for these expensive tests.

student in need in Fort Worth, Texas

39 months ago

I need a RT tutor please hotopics9876@yahoo.com

Riisey in Opelika, Alabama

39 months ago

The tests are not designed to test your knowledge or it would be straight forward like the nclex and mcat, but instead it is money driven. Nbrc should not be allowed to drain peoples pocket like this. If a person fails these exams it is not because they were ill prepared it is because they could not follow the maze laid out for them. I hated giving them my money and I still hate giving them my money everytime I take a specialty exam. Now, they will have the acc boards and they are almost 300.00 to take, such BULL!!!

Chico in Des Moines, Iowa

39 months ago

Riisey in Opelika, Alabama said: The tests are not designed to test your knowledge or it would be straight forward like the nclex and mcat, but instead it is money driven. Nbrc should not be allowed to drain peoples pocket like this. If a person fails these exams it is not because they were ill prepared it is because they could not follow the maze laid out for them. I hated giving them my money and I still hate giving them my money everytime I take a specialty exam. Now, they will have the acc boards and they are almost 300.00 to take, such BULL!!!

This is not true. I graduated last month from a very respected program. We started out with 25 but only 15 made it. Fourteen of us passed the CRT on the on the first attempt. The only student who didn't pass on the first try was an African student so there was a bit of a language barrier for him. He was able to pass on his 2nd attempt.

Chico in Des Moines, Iowa

39 months ago

I would suggest to those struggling with the ventilator questions to check out the online modules on the Kettering website. There are 15 modules. They really helped me nail the ventilator settings. They give you a set of ABGs and help you learn the appropriate ventilator changes to make in order to help the patient.

riisey in Birmingham, Alabama

39 months ago

Chico in Des Moines, Iowa said: This is not true. I graduated last month from a very respected program. We started out with 25 but only 15 made it. Fourteen of us passed the CRT on the on the first attempt. The only student who didn't pass on the first try was an African student so there was a bit of a language barrier for him. He was able to pass on his 2nd attempt.

Congrats, I passed also but what makes my statement untrue. Perhaps you should read it again. Perhaps you should compare all of our board prices to others and you will see the cost doesn't't fit the pay. Good day!!

jack1332 in Ocilla, Georgia

39 months ago

ttbreath2 in Auburn, Alabama said: @ Jackie, what are you missing it by? what did your scoring paper say was your weakest, meaning what was the lowest scoring area? what are you studying?, Kettering, Lindsey Jones, etc. There is a method to NBRC madness beside making us pay for these expensive tests.

i missed it the first time by 9 points the second time i missed it by 7 points please let me know hat to do!

jack1332 in Ocilla, Georgia

39 months ago

Chico in Des Moines, Iowa said: I would suggest to those struggling with the ventilator questions to check out the online modules on the Kettering website. There are 15 modules. They really helped me nail the ventilator settings. They give you a set of ABGs and help you learn the appropriate ventilator changes to make in order to help the patient.

I am having problems with ventilators question but the one that give you the ABG's i can make adjustment to those questions but when they start asking me about IPPB and what mode to put a pt.on thats when the problems start i bought 5 modules and they really help but couldnt afford to buy all 15.

riisey in Senoia, Georgia

39 months ago

Sit down and write every question you can remember from the test. Next go through your kettering books chapter by chapter. You need to buy a tablet, so that you can write down everything in each chapter that jumps out at you from the test itself. If you dont know an answer put a check mark to go back and review it. When you go back to it and you still don't think you know it, then try to do an educated guess by getting rid of what seems like it doesn't fit. Have you printed the outline off the Nbrc website? If you are not the best at ventilation questions you can still pass if you will just knock the other sections out the park. Please email me with specific things on the test or questions that you need broken down. Ttbreath2@gmail.com

Marietha in Pompano Beach, Florida

37 months ago

alrichfeld in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Hi! Maybe I can help. I've been a CRT for 20 years and I've taught the RT program at a local school in the Fort Lauderdale area. Please email me when you get a chance and we can go from there.

Hello, I need a tutor I need help with 2 chapters and comprehension of some material. If you can help me I would truly appreciate it can will pay for your time please email me marietha.wilson@gmail.com

ntubate13 in Petersburg, Virginia

36 months ago

Heather where are you going to school at?

jack1332 in Nashville, Georgia

36 months ago

i went to school at southwest ga technical college

jack1332 in Nashville, Georgia

36 months ago

yes i can use all the help please email me at jack133254@yahoo.com

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.