You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 174)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Iwant2beRT in Houston, Texas

68 months ago

Hey thanks for the reply.
It was very helpful.
So 6am huh?
Would I be doing clinicals everyday or some days out of the week?
Are clinicals difficult? Will there be class after clinicals?
Im gonna be attending HCC in Houston tx.
SO can you you tell me what kinds of basic math that I need to know and how I will apply it in the program?
Is it basic algebra? calculus?
What exactly is mechanical ventillation?
Thanks again!!
You are really helpful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

mia in San Diego, California

68 months ago

Hi

I'm second year RT student in Ca. The math is very basic, pure addition and multiplication. We use calculators anyway.
Mech vent is the hardest. Basically, you'll learn to keep people alive on ventilators in ICU. ...it is not the math, it is a totaly different level of thinking and advanced cocnepts of mechanics and physiology.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Goose23 in Valencia, California

66 months ago

im having the same question... im entering this program butt my aim is to woirkin the hosptal since i have some medical gbackground... i think it would be better for me to work FT so i can pay rent... but just 3 days 12's shifts.. and just have time to completely focus.. on hte program.. so any advice can help.. but let me say this... i ;have about 3 aunties.. whom have 3children or around there and did the RNPROGRAM.. they had to work full time because of them being divorced... and needless to say they passed and are RN's in different states... so i think its very possible.. =O

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

what are clinicals?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Vallon in Nashville, Tennessee

63 months ago

Hi, I'm wondering about RT as a possible career path. Someone told me that there is a lot of dealing with snot involved. Is this true? Also, is there a lot of dealing with emphysema patients?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mrhillp in Monterey, California

63 months ago

mandy in Bakersfield, California said: I was wondering if anyone has attended SJVC in Bakersfield?? Are the classes hard and have you been able to find a job since you graduated??

Are they hard? Don't know but if you're asking about 'em you can probably handle them. SJVC has a pretty high success rate, so I'm told. Go and we'll find out in the fall together :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mrhillp in Monterey, California

63 months ago

Vallon in Nashville, Tennessee said: Hi, I'm wondering about RT as a possible career path. Someone told me that there is a lot of dealing with snot involved. Is this true? Also, is there a lot of dealing with emphysema patients?

Id rather wipe my nephews snotty booger nose than change his poopie diaper. I think a little mucus won't be so bad. You ever sneezed while driving and just obliterated everything around you with copious amounts of snot and been glad no one else was in the car with you to see it all. You lived through it didn't you. You can handle it and yes I'm sure emphysema will be dealt with. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

bamer in Waterloo, Ontario

63 months ago

Are the classes difficult? What are the more challenging subjects?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

RRTstudent in Gaffney, South Carolina

63 months ago

The RT program can be quite difficult. I'm currently in my last semester of a 2 year program (including summer semesters). I do work part time, but only on weekends. I have class on Mondays and Tuesdays from 8 am to 3:30 pm and clinical rotations on Wed, Thurs, and Fri from 7 am to 7 pm. This is until July 15. The previous semesters only had clinical on two days from 7 am to 2 pm, so this semester is considerably harder. Clinicals aren't bad. Yes, it's a lot of work and it can be kind of scary when you first start, but you learn the rhythm of the hospital quickly.

I would recommend that you check any school you're considering and look for a CoARC certification. CoARC is the Committee for Accreditation for Respiratory Care. You can go to their website (www.coarc.com/) and search for the school you're looking at. They have ratings, any complaints or concerns, and a rating system for schools. DO NOT GO TO A SCHOOL THAT DOES NOT HAVE THIS CERTIFICATION! This certification ensures that students are taught respiratory care in a way that complies with NBRC (National Board of Respiratory Care) standards. The NBRC is the organization that says whether or not you can do your job. They do all the licensing and regulation for our field.

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

WhynoNHLteamsinOKLAHOMA? in Detroit, Michigan

63 months ago

RRT in SC...Have you found a job yet? Also, would you still pick RT over RN? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RRTstudent in Gaffney, South Carolina

63 months ago

Not yet. I'm going to be moving after I graduate, so I'm really just looking right now. The market is fairly good for RT nationwide, although you're probably going to start on night shift. I would definitely do RT over RN. Better pay, less poop. Seriously though, I've never been interested in being a RN. RT intrigued me because of the variety available to a RT. You can do regular respiratory, which is breathing treatments and ventilators, or you can do home health, cardiology clinic, pulmonary clinic, air medical transport, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, sleep studies, and on and on...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Cedric RRT student

61 months ago

oops i ment that would NOT reqire me to go back to school for to long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

newmommy in Los Angeles, California

61 months ago

Hi. I graduated a year ago, but haven't passed my CRT exams due to life occurrences & a newborn baby. I took the boards a few times, but was discouraged to take it again. A lot of wasted time has passed. How do I get my feet back into the field so I can successfully pass the boards. I feel like I have forgotten a lot of the material. The Kettering seminars doesn't start anytime soon and I live far from most of the campuses that offers them. What else can I do? I feel so lost. Are there any non-paid intern/externships to help me re-learn some material for the field? Where or what can a unlicensed RT new graduate work as in the mean time until they pass the boards? Please help! Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

mia in La Mesa, California

61 months ago

The only way I see it is to take the kettering. It will help you to pass. I just pass the CRT and I would not passed without them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mia in La Mesa, California

61 months ago

Katie said: I am going to be going to RT school next fall. I have to take my general ed classes first. My sister is an RN in St. Louis. She is telling me it is extremely gross being an RT. I just keep thinking, it can't be as gross as doing the things an RN has to do. Is it really as gross as she is saying?

is not that gross and the pay is good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Fab in South San Francisco, California

61 months ago

2MUCH4YOU in San Diego, California said: How fast does a new graduate get a job as a respiratory therapist??? What does a respiratory therapist's job entail exactly on a daily basis, is it as gross as I hear?? Want to go to school for this but not sure if it is right for me.

Hi I was wondering have you found a job yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Jones in Phoenix, Arizona

61 months ago

Natalie in Phoenix, Arizona said: I am planning on going to RT school. I am looking at Kaplan, Apollo, Or Pima.
Which school would you say is the easiest and most helpful? I hold a bachelors degree but have not been to school in a several years and just a little insecure about the difficulty.

Natalie-Please do yourself a favor stay away from Apollo's program. I know a few ex-instructors from A_____, all they (A_____) are concerned about is your money. Let me put it to you this way "No Student fails or is dismissed from the program". The Respiratory Director statements to his staff 1. 'Are students are the most important asset to us" 2. "Without students we have no jobs" 3. "I what you instructors to make sure all the students needs are meet" etc.. The problem with that is, it's not fair to the hard working students. How would you feel "if you were following the rules and policies and some of your classmates were not? You have to look at respiratory therapy as one profession under one board. After you complete the program you must pass your entry level exam (CRT) then your registerd exam (RRT) which consist of two exams a written and a clinical smuliations exam. Yeah some of the students pass (CRT) first attempt, but the (RRT) exam students are not even prepared for it. A_____ could careless they got their money $32.000. Go to Gateway Community College cost $9.000 and the pass rate for their students (CRT) & (RRT) is around 90-92% first attempt. GWCC program is about 6 months longer. That's also were A____ B.S. the students with "You'll be a RRT in 18 months making good money" "We have passed 5,000 resp students" true statements, but.. "How many of them have passed all of their exams" is the question. I passed all of my exams on the first attempt. The hospital were I work at will not even sign a contact with A____ program. So PLEASE take my advice and do yourself a favor stay away from Apollo & Kaplan also.... GOOD LUCK
GET THE MESSAGE OUT!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Carr in san diego, California

60 months ago

mia in La Mesa, California said: is not that gross and the pay is good.

Hey mia i live in la mesa also and im am going to start the Rt program at california college. Do you think it is possible to work full time and complete the program ? Just looking for tips and advice. Feel free to email me tcarr13@gmail.com. Thanks in advance !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mike Martinez in Mcallen, Texas

60 months ago

how hard was it to get into the RT program? like, what qualifications did you have, any degrees already, or did you have tons of volunteer work or something?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Coolweather in Hesperia, California

60 months ago

hey there in Los Angeles, California said: i just graduated eariler this year. the classes were not that hard as long as you study. i actually had fun in RT school, before i did RT i was in nursing school for about a semster i liked RT better. the only problem is i having troule trying to find a job. i live in los angeles, ca and many of the hospitals out here are hiring RT's but they want some one with experience. it has been almost 7 months and still havent found a job.

I'm on the waiting list for an RN program, but have become very interested in the RT program. Can you tell a little bit about why you like RT better? I really don't like the idea of total care in the RN profession. I like the idea of specialized practice. How long do spend with a pt and what is the most hectic part of the job? I need some advice/input.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ivy in Lynn, Massachusetts

59 months ago

hi! I was reading the post and I can't help to also ask some questions regarding Respiratory Care. I just started school and my first day of school seems stressful. Is there a better way to study for this major or do you have any suggestion on what book to read besides the required text?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Student in Morehead, Kentucky

58 months ago

Im having a tough time deciding on wether or not to go into Respitory Theropy. I have started getting things together and but i have not yet started school. I really want to go into the medical field i really like helping people. Though the whole thought of someone's life in my hands worries me im only ninteen years old. I guess my question is will i ever become confedent enough to make big decisions about people on life care and things like that. I've been thinking alot about it and i really want to go into that field. Is there anything i can do while i wait for school to start? Like to prep me or get me ready for what i'll need to know then? I will not start school until next year. I have not taken any medical classes during high school, reason being is that i have just decided on what i wanted to become.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

bp1987 in Chattanooga, Tennessee

58 months ago

i am in my fourth semester in the respiratory care program. I have a two year old little girl, a job, and go to school full-time in chattanooga Tn. I go to school monday though wednesday from 11:00 A.m till 8:45 P.m. And i am currently carrying a 4.0 So for everyone who is worried about passing and worried about how hard the classes are..... you can do it! it will definately pay off in the end. i know with as busy as i am and can carry good grades and only be 21 years old with all that stress... yea it takes time and dedication. And i hate being gone from my daughter, i truly do, but i know thatim doing this to better our lives and never have to worry about money. Having a child does not end your life or delay your goals, it only pushes you to want more. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

john in Point Pleasant, West Virginia

58 months ago

Goose23 in Valencia, California said: im having the same question... im entering this program butt my aim is to woirkin the hosptal since i have some medical gbackground... i think it would be better for me to work FT so i can pay rent... but just 3 days 12's shifts.. and just have time to completely focus.. on hte program.. so any advice can help.. but let me say this... i ;have about 3 aunties.. whom have 3children or around there and did the RNPROGRAM.. they had to work full time because of them being divorced... and needless to say they passed and are RN's in different states... so i think its very possible.. =O

I have been a therapist for 15 yrs and I still remember I had the same questions. Like how hard is it and what does this mean, but the thing is nobody can answer these questions because we are all different. Many say. Oh the classes aren't hard, but the one thing you have to realize is the qualifications to get in the program are pretty stiff. Which means there are no dummies in the program. You will have college algebra, but don't let anyone tell you its not hard. If you don't know your Respiratory material you won't pass your boards, which by the way are the toughest out there. Are boards are multiple,multiples. not a,b,c,d. You have three exams to complete. We work in formulas and conversions and no its not bad once your into it, but for school and board exams it can be tough. Gas laws, equations. hemodynamics,etc. Plus be prepared to be under appreciated except in time of emergency. I've heard nurses say the study a little bit of everything and I laugh because its true. a little bit...We are specialized in the Cardiopulmonary System heart,lungs,kidneys. We deal with life and death and have great assessment skills..I hate to toot my own RT horn, but it would be very scary in hospitals without RTs. nobody carries the knowledge we do except for good doctors. We can actually assess and put symptoms together to fix the probl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Chandler, Arizona

55 months ago

Joe Jones in Phoenix, Arizona said: Natalie-Please do yourself a favor stay away from Apollo's program. I know a few ex-instructors from A_____, all they (A_____) are concerned about is your money. Let me put it to you this way "No Student fails or is dismissed from the program". The Respiratory Director statements to his staff 1. 'Are students are the most important asset to us" 2. "Without students we have no jobs" 3. "I what you instructors to make sure all the students needs are meet" etc.. The problem with that is, it's not fair to the hard working students. How would you feel "if you were following the rules and policies and some of your classmates were not? You have to look at respiratory therapy as one profession under one board. After you complete the program you must pass your entry level exam (CRT) then your registerd exam (RRT) which consist of two exams a written and a clinical smuliations exam. Yeah some of the students pass (CRT) first attempt, but the (RRT) exam students are not even prepared for it. A_____ could careless they got their money $32.000. Go to Gateway Community College cost $9.000 and the pass rate for their students (CRT) & (RRT) is around 90-92% first attempt.

Wow!

I have just recently moved back to AZ from L.A. to go to school and finish my RT. I have toured both Apollo, kaplan, and Gateway. After reading your post i am very compelled to attend Gateway CC. I have taken into consideration that these private schools are indeed BUSINESSES and can be motivated negatively by money. So with your testament it has reinforced my decision to attend GWCC. I am happy to hear of the academic success percentage per the success of students passing their tests.

I have a question for you regarding obtaining employment and the difficulty you may have experienced after completing your schooling.
Regards,
Daniel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

audball90 in Springfield, Missouri

55 months ago

bp1987 in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: i am in my fourth semester in the respiratory care program. I have a two year old little girl, a job, and go to school full-time in chattanooga Tn. I go to school monday though wednesday from 11:00 A.m till 8:45 P.m. And i am currently carrying a 4.0 So for everyone who is worried about passing and worried about how hard the classes are..... you can do it! it will definately pay off in the end. i know with as busy as i am and can carry good grades and only be 21 years old with all that stress... yea it takes time and dedication. And i hate being gone from my daughter, i truly do, but i know thatim doing this to better our lives and never have to worry about money. Having a child does not end your life or delay your goals, it only pushes you to want more. :)

I was wondering, with RT is there a lot of drawing blood or needles? I'm terrified of sticking someone wrong!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

justinkuttan1 in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

I Agree! I am a new grad and i got my RRT after 7 months still don't have job. I live in houston, texas and I almost applied every where like in houston medical center hospitals, LTAC hospitals and no calls from any one or rejected my application. I know that nobody wants to higher a new graduate without any experience and because of their budget. Without giving a job how the new grad RT's will get experience.

houston job market is forzen..........

I encourge people to do NURSING. There lot of job opportunities that avaliable for nursing in such different area...........

RRT NEW GRAD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Marty in Redford, Michigan

54 months ago

justinkuttan1 in Houston, Texas said: I Agree! I am a new grad and i got my RRT after 7 months still don't have job. I live in houston, texas and I almost applied every where like in houston medical center hospitals, LTAC hospitals and no calls from any one or rejected my application. I know that nobody wants to higher a new graduate without any experience and because of their budget. Without giving a job how the new grad RT's will get experience.

I encourge people to do NURSING. There lot of job opportunities that avaliable for nursing in such different area...........

RRT NEW GRAD

Matt...You might want to read this..This person is from the Houston area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jazzy S in RanchoCucamonga, California

52 months ago

hey there in Los Angeles, California said: i just graduated eariler this year. the classes were not that hard as long as you study. i actually had fun in RT school, before i did RT i was in nursing school for about a semster i liked RT better. the only problem is i having troule trying to find a job. i live in los angeles, ca and many of the hospitals out here are hiring RT's but they want some one with experience. it has been almost 7 months and still havent found a job.

Were you able to find a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Julz in Houston, Texas

51 months ago

Guy in Monroe, Louisiana said: It depends on where you go to school. Me and my girlfriend are 6 months into our RT school and it has been very easy so far. It is a 24 month school and you are pretty much paying for your degree in most of the majors you choose. Luckily our RT program is only 9 months old and we have really good teachers. I know a lot of schools are harder than ours so I really can't say what others in your area are like. Oh and our classes don't start until 8:30 here.

What school is this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PC in Middleport, Ohio

51 months ago

Missy in Methuen, Massachusetts said: is RT school as hard as nursing school? Is is has hard to get into as nursing school

Don't take what many have said that Respiratory Therapy is an easy school. Now the classes Anatomy,biology, chem and such might not be difficult for many, but you have to keep in mind that if you have been accepted to the program to begin with your pretty smart already and probably had good grades all through school.
The Resp. Therapy program is one of the hardest and to ask if its harder than nursing is really not the right question.

RTs are the go to people in critical care...We assess,treat and work on protocols and in many cases physicians may come to you on what to do.

Nursing doesn't operate in this capacity. Generally a nurse doses and admisters medicine. Thats not to say there aren't advanced critical care nurses because there are. What you do when you finish school is up to you, but we as RTs learn the Cardiopulmonary system, disease, treat. Are board exams are the toughest out there. We do not take multiple choice A,B,C,or D exams. you take Multiple multiples. Like A-1&2,B 3&5,C 1,2&4 plus at the end you take a clinical sim.

We are the only ones that take exams at this level. Anyone with good grades can pass the classes, but the one that counts is Respiratory Care Essentials,procedures and this is not as easy as many think it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tom C. in Canton, Michigan

51 months ago

PC in Middleport, Ohio said: Don't take what many have said that Respiratory Therapy is an easy school. Now the classes Anatomy,biology, chem and such might not be difficult for many, but you have to keep in mind that if you have been accepted to the program to begin with your pretty smart already and probably had good grades all through school.
The Resp. Therapy program is one of the hardest and to ask if its harder than nursing is really not the right question.

RTs are the go to people in critical care...We assess,treat and work on protocols and in many cases physicians may come to you on what to do.

Nursing doesn't operate in this capacity. Generally a nurse doses and admisters medicine. Thats not to say there aren't advanced critical care nurses because there are. What you do when you finish school is up to you, but we as RTs learn the Cardiopulmonary system, disease, treat. Are board exams are the toughest out there. We do not take multiple choice A,B,C,or D exams. you take Multiple multiples. Like A-1&2,B 3&5,C 1,2&4 plus at the end you take a clinical sim.

We are the only ones that take exams at this level. Anyone with good grades can pass the classes, but the one that counts is Respiratory Care Essentials,procedures and this is not as easy as many think it is.

Plus you have to look at it from this perspective, nurses touch base on many different aspects of the human body, we as RT's spend two years on strictly the Cardio and Pulmonary systems. It is said that RT's know more about the cardiopulmonary system than most doctors (excluding cardiologists and pulmonologists obvioulsly), and although I'm only finishiing up my first year I can see this from the knowledge I have gained so far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tom C. in Canton, Michigan

51 months ago

DAVE in Milford, Michigan said: TOM...WHAT SCHOOL DO YOU ATTEND?

FSU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

aahill in Wilkinson, Georgia

51 months ago

PC in Middleport, Ohio said: Don't take what many have said that Respiratory Therapy is an easy school. Now the classes Anatomy,biology, chem and such might not be difficult for many, but you have to keep in mind that if you have been accepted to the program to begin with your pretty smart already and probably had good grades all through school.

Thank you for this information. I have a history in healthcare as a nursing assistant. I would love to learn something more in depth. I am now in school for Health Information Technology and the further I get the more I see that it is not for me. I am thinking about changing my major to RT. In the area that I live in, there is a 100% pass rate and 100% job placement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Gilbert, Arizona

51 months ago

WTF? What does being black have to do with anything. Keep your bigoted comments to yourself. Geeze what day and age are we in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

hi, I am in the program right. The classes are very hard. Yes, you not have life basically. I get constant headaches because of stress from school. Its not a medical assistant or pharmacy technician program. If you can devote your time to studies for two years, makes your books you best friend. You can totally make it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Dan in Gilbert, Arizona said: WTF? What does being black have to do with anything. Keep your bigoted comments to yourself. Geeze what day and age are we in?

I know, I agree with you. Just ignore people like these. Its amazing how some people can think this low in 21st century and These people will be taking care of my family and friends in the hospital wow!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rolinda in Chula Vista, California

51 months ago

No one here need justify themselves to what I call an "ignoramous/Idiot"(assrider). The high number of students dropping out or failing RT programs attest to the difficulty of the programs. Stay positive and don't allow "ignoramous" people to steal your joy. I wish you well. Good journey.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Gilbert, Arizona

51 months ago

I agree. The purpose of the forum is to keep those of us choosing this profession motivated and informed. Let us not be side tracked by ignorant bigots. Feel sorry for them for the world they live in(their prejudice minds)is a very dark and ugly place. Happy Mothers day!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Compton, California

51 months ago

This is a really dumb question, but are most students in the RT program females? and how old are they and are they decent looking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Phoenix in Gilbert, Arizona

51 months ago

Really? Very Superficial Question. And incidentally there are more female than male 2/3 female 1/3 male. If your looking to get certification to find a mate, I think it is very shallow. Find a profession that fits your attributes not one that has more woman in it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

RT in South San Francisco, California

51 months ago

Phil, i guess you didn't go to the CSRC in San Jose,CA this week, there were alot of hotties from CA there. Please leave those "fat hogs" in Illinois when going to the AARC in VEGAS BABY!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Visalia, California

49 months ago

Jazzy S in RanchoCucamonga, California said: hi, I am in the program right. The classes are very hard. Yes, you not have life basically. I get constant headaches because of stress from school. Its not a medical assistant or pharmacy technician program. If you can devote your time to studies for two years, makes your books you best friend. You can totally make it.

I was curious as to the entrance exam at SJVC. I'm currently planning on attending the Nov. 10 class. I keep hearing a broad range of answers regarding the test questions.

1. Are the math questions mostly arithmetic up to Elementary
algebra?
2. What type of chemistry questions are asked?
3. What type of anatomy questions? Basic or intermediate?
4. Any biology questions?

If I study the Wonderlic study guide they provide through the entrance packet, will that be the type of math, vocabulary, etc.
questions on the test?

Kevin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dale88 in Newport, Kentucky

49 months ago

I am in school in Ohio, our school is 22 months (with a crap load of pre reqs) and its very hard, we started with 34 and we are down to 15.

we are almost done with year one and I do nothing but study.....like 4-6 hours a day every day....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ced in MISSISSIPPI in Jackson, Mississippi

49 months ago

HEY EVERYBODY. I AM A NEW GRAD AND EVERY HOSPITAL I APPLIED TO OFFERED ME A POSITON! THERE IS A GOOD JOB MARKET FOR RT'S BUT IF YOUR A NEW GRAD LIKE I AM. YOU WILL GET ALOT OF OFFERS IF YOU WORK HARD IN CLINICALS AND TAKE THE TIME TO SPEAK TO THE DEPARTMENT HEAD AND LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU HAD A GOOD CLINICAL EXPERIENCE THEIR AND WOULD REALLY LIKE TO BE EMPLOYED THIER AFTER YOU GRADUATE!! IF YOU WORK HARD LIKE I DID YOU WONT' HAVE A PROBLEM GETTING A JOB. BUT IF YOU DONT MARKET YOURSELF AND UR ONLY APPLYING TO HOSPITALS THAT YOU HAVENT DONE CLINICALS AT. WELL GOOD LUCK WITH THAT BECAUSE I KNOW I WOULDNT HIRE SOME ONE WITH NO EXPERIENCE AND I HAVENT SEEN HOW THEY WORK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Leo in Sylmar, California

48 months ago

Ced in MISSISSIPPI in Jackson, Mississippi said: HEY EVERYBODY. I AM A NEW GRAD AND EVERY HOSPITAL I APPLIED TO OFFERED ME A POSITON! THERE IS A GOOD JOB MARKET FOR RT'S BUT IF YOUR A NEW GRAD LIKE I AM. YOU WILL GET ALOT OF OFFERS IF YOU WORK HARD IN CLINICALS AND TAKE THE TIME TO SPEAK TO THE DEPARTMENT HEAD AND LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU HAD A GOOD CLINICAL EXPERIENCE THEIR AND WOULD REALLY LIKE TO BE EMPLOYED THIER AFTER YOU GRADUATE!! IF YOU WORK HARD LIKE I DID YOU WONT' HAVE A PROBLEM GETTING A JOB. BUT IF YOU DONT MARKET YOURSELF AND UR ONLY APPLYING TO HOSPITALS THAT YOU HAVENT DONE CLINICALS AT. WELL GOOD LUCK WITH THAT BECAUSE I KNOW I WOULDNT HIRE SOME ONE WITH NO EXPERIENCE AND I HAVENT SEEN HOW THEY WORK.

Hey are you RRT or a CRT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TawnyMarie in Oakland, California

48 months ago

I'm not sure I'd want someone who's looking for an "easy program" to monitor my vent settings in ICU...Just my take on it...If you want something "easy" stay out of healthcare. It's not for you. You actually have to use your brain to take care of people...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aahill in Wilkinson, Georgia

48 months ago

TawnyMarie in Oakland, California said: I'm not sure I'd want someone who's looking for an "easy program" to monitor my vent settings in ICU...Just my take on it...If you want something "easy" stay out of healthcare. It's not for you. You actually have to use your brain to take care of people...

Gurl you are absolutely right! You do have to know what you are doing in this field and have deep compassion for people; no matter what capacity. I have seen so many nurses go into the field for the money and once they get in they don't like it and end up going into something else after all of those years of hard work or end of with bitter attitudes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jason habbo in Southfield, Michigan

47 months ago

Hi, I am currently taking classes at OAKLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (OCC) to become a respiratory therapist. I was just wondering if anybody has taking the program there and what i will be expecting, and i also hear that michigan has the most jobs for respiratory care, am i hearing right or is this false a little help please before i make a decision...thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

smd in Houston, Texas

46 months ago

justinkuttan1 in Houston, Texas said: I Agree! I am a new grad and i got my RRT after 7 months still don't have job. I live in houston, texas and I almost applied every where like in houston medical center hospitals, LTAC hospitals and no calls from any one or rejected my application. I know that nobody wants to higher a new graduate without any experience and because of their budget. Without giving a job how the new grad RT's will get experience.

RRT NEW GRAD

Did you find a job, i am finishing my pre-req for this program at houston community college and i really want to know how the job market is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.