What is the best online review site to help me pass my CRT exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 252)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Efresh in San Jose, California

65 months ago

Rocky in Tracy, California said: I found that when there is both an low oxygenation and high PaCO2 on a vent problem kettering solves oxygen 1st then CO2, while lindsey- solves CO2 problem 1st. I have always learned solve oxygen problem 1st. What can I expect on clin-sims? any help would be appreciated. I did pass WRRT and CRT on solving oxygenation 1st but you never know!!!

you always fix ventilation before oxygenation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CO2 is an Indicator of ventilation O2 is oxygenation. How to you plan on correcting oxygenation if the patients not breathing??????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Glen in Tampa in Riverview, Florida

65 months ago

The very basic dear......#1 Ventilation
#2 Oxygenation
#3 Circulation
#4 Perfusion

Can you tell where in the Kettering Book says that you always treat oxygenation before ventilation. I have the orange book from kettering. What page?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Hi PaCO2 means going into respiratory failure. Even if you jack up the oxygen to 100% it won't matter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Oh and I passed the WRRT 4 times ( to get CEU's) and I treat CO2 first. But like you said....you will never know!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Niki in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

65 months ago

I have taken the CRT 5 times and i'm still studying. Its so frustrating because ive made the same grade 3 times. I'm only 10 points from passing but I just can't seem to get those last 10 points. I've studied with my instructors and read kettering books. I'm getting ready to go through another kettering semenar and I'm hoping my 6th attempt will be a pass. So maybe another kettering review would help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

What part do you always have problems at? I suggest you concentrate on those. Going to Kettering again won't help you. If you have the Kettering book and the audio tapes or MP3 player that goes with the book, you are good. I suggest that you study the book first and only use the tape if you don't understand something. Lastly, ask your professors if they have some retired CRT and RRT tests that you can have to practice with

Breathing Man in Oakland, California

64 months ago

Christina in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Thanks, for all of your replies, i'm going to look up Kettering tomorrow. If anyone has any other sites, please post.

Lindsey Jones stuff is totally different than kettering. Plus, they are way cheaper!. 5 of us use the Lindsey stuff and feel like it was way better - I can't explain it - they really get into your head. Anyway, kettering seems ok, but more just memorization.

64 months ago

Glen in Tampa in Dunedin, Florida said: Always remember the sequence
1. Ventillation (CO2)
2. Oxygenation (PaO2)
3. Circulation (Chest compression)
4. Perfussion (Blood to tissues)

Now, no matter what scenario you are given, ex. if the PO2 is low (less than 80) and CO2 is above 35 (acidic). Deal with VENTILLATION

That is exactly what Lindseyjones tapes (cds) teach you.

64 months ago

Glen in Tampa in Dunedin, Florida said: Take Kettering for the CRT and Written Registry. For the Sims, go for Lindsey Jones. I took all tests only once.

How to study for CRT and Registry.....study the kettering book from cover to cover for 1 week before taking the test. And then for you sims, take 3 days and practice Lindsey Jone sims over and over again and you will get the picture. Lindsey Jones sims will tell you the reason why your answers are wrong and why your answers are right.

I think you are right about the kettering book, it is good. But they didn't teach me squat about the Clin sims. That is where lindseyjones review was quite a bit better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

I meant above 45 for the CO2

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ITF9677 in Columbia, Louisiana

64 months ago

Attn guys from Louisiana

I took my CRT exam 4 times too. I saw where one of you commented that you can become RRT and then come back to Louisiana. Does that mean you have to go through RRT program or wait 2 years after passing CRT and challenge RRT? I'm starting to look into taking it again and maybe trying to get a job in Mississippi or Texas.

c.wheeler in Pahokee, Florida

63 months ago

I think alot of this informaTION IS REALLY IMPORTANT AND I PLAN ON ORDERING THE KETTERING PACKAGE.

Jtroncoso1 in gilroy, California

63 months ago

HI im new to this. I passed the board exam for my CRT license 2 months ago and since then i have been spending time preparing for my RRT written and i bought these 2 self evaluation exam from NBRC and didnt pass either one. I had kettering seminar before i left school last january and that's the material i focus on and a 2nd edition RESP. CARE EXAM REVIEW by gary persing. I was wondering what other helpful reviewers,websites,books can you guys recommend so I can pass my RRT test. thank you
this forum is awesome by the way

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jtroncoso1 in gilroy, California

63 months ago

=)

Jim2009 in Michigan

62 months ago

Jtroncoso1 in gilroy, California said: HI im new to this. I passed the board exam for my CRT license 2 months ago and since then i have been spending time preparing for my RRT written and i bought these 2 self evaluation exam from NBRC and didnt pass either one. I had kettering seminar before i left school last january and that's the material i focus on and a 2nd edition RESP. CARE EXAM REVIEW by gary persing. I was wondering what other helpful reviewers,websites,books can you guys recommend so I can pass my RRT test. thank you
this forum is awesome by the way

Why have you waited 2 months after passing the CRT to take the RRT, should have taken it right AFTER the CRT, imo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

glen in Riverview, Florida

62 months ago

Just stick to the Kettering for the written exams and try Lindsey Jones simulation practice exams. I only took both tests once.

Good Luck

lsnoco@aol.com in Bridgeport, Connecticut

62 months ago

kettering materials will be best with the playway recorded lecture cost about $40.

nelobabe28 in Staten Island, New York

61 months ago

Christina in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I found a website that had a review that was paid for by the month, you could use it for as long as you wanted. Unfortunately I lost the link and I really wanted to try it. Does anyone know what this website may be? Any other suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks![/QUOT

I think the website that you may be asking for is www.tutorialsystems.com

Glen in Tampa, Florida in Clearwater, Florida

61 months ago

Jim2009 in Michigan said: Why have you waited 2 months after passing the CRT to take the RRT, should have taken it right AFTER the CRT, imo.

Just stick to the Kettering book. Just do again what you did to prepare for the CRT but focus more on Ventilator issues and critical care thinking. Simulations, use Lindsey Jones

suzannem in Iowa City, Iowa

61 months ago

Is anyone interested in selling the Kettering home study program for the NPS? My email is suzannemrrt@aol.com.

Thanks,

Suzanne

jemma in Teaneck, New Jersey

60 months ago

I am trying to pass RRT this year. I took exam 7 times. They made the test so hard i have no clue i failed for 2 or 3 points all the time. I don't know what to do? i want to get both part done before May if i don't get it done before may then i have repeat Crt,RRT and sim .
I used Kettering and Lindsey still nothing help. This year questions are hectic they asked about NG tube ?. I was shocked by the questions!!
If someone can help to suggest any other study material feel free
Thanks
Jemma

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

RRT in Missouri City, Texas

60 months ago

frank in Delhi, Louisiana said: i also have the same problem trying to pass the rrt any suggestion

-- Purchase the Kettering Homestudy Program to pass your exams. DO NOT study anything else!

Glen in Riverview, Florida

60 months ago

I don't know of any good online review websites. But if you buy the reviewer (for the written) from Kettering, that should be more than enough. For your registry, use the same book but I would suggest Lindsey Jones practice simulations. I took all three ones. Good luck

jemma in Teaneck, New Jersey

60 months ago

i am using kettering but still not helping me. I think they have to update their material as per this year exams.
See if anyone can answer to this rrt question? this was in RRT exam i took all of the seven time i took they asked this question?

treating for ateleticis,bronchoscopy has been done which one of these paramteres will be increased after that?

1.vd/vt
2.paco2-peco2
3.cao2-cv02
4. vA (alveolar minute ventilation?

I ask to so many people nobdy have answer to this

ACM in Lombard, Illinois

60 months ago

jemma in Teaneck, New Jersey said: i am using kettering but still not helping me. I think they have to update their material as per this year exams.
See if anyone can answer to this rrt question? this was in RRT exam i took all of the seven time i took they asked this question?

treating for ateleticis,bronchoscopy has been done which one of these paramteres will be increased after that?

1.vd/vt
2.paco2-peco2
3.cao2-cv02

I would say alveolar minute ventilation; bc if you tx atelectasis (collapsed lung) and have opened the alveoli, MV would go up (and alv MV if less DS)

fun question, lol, i am getting scared to take these tests my first time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

scared&shocked in Albuquerque, New Mexico

59 months ago

jemma in Teaneck, New Jersey said: i am using kettering but still not helping me. I think they have to update their material as per this year exams.

1.vd/vt
2.paco2-peco2
3.cao2-cv02

OMG I had that same question on the test today? I don't know the answer. Maybe it was one of the ones they put in as a test question

59 months ago

Don't freak out on some of these questions. These out of wack questions are for real but you have to remember, some of these questions are not counted so you don't get a negative point if you answered wrong.

MARTIN in Modesto, California

59 months ago

ANYONE WANT TO SELL Lindsey Jones Clinical Simulations rrt CD ROM. IN NEED THANKS

Turbo RRT in Kenosha, Wisconsin

59 months ago

I noticed there is one Lindsey Jones Clinical Sim RRT review listed in Ebay.

SJ in Houston, Texas

59 months ago

ANYONE SELLING LINDSEY JONES REVIEW MANUAL AND SOME CDS??? I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF THEM! PLEASE HELP! I NEED THEM TO PASS MY CRT!
PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU ARE WILLING TO SELL ANYTHING, NEWER IS PERFFERED!
jenkins07_3@yahoo.com

m in Modesto, California

59 months ago

i pass i use the kettering site going to take rrt written useing same i let you know how i did . hint know your eqment.

M in Modesto, California

58 months ago

just took written and past with ketterning EVERYTHING THE INSTRUCTORS LEFT OUT ABOUT HOW TO TAKE BOARDS!

hott2trot in Modesto, California

58 months ago

This scares mee that many of you are RT's and can't spell very well, maybe study english firsts then it might help you pass the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Tampa, Florida

58 months ago

Speak for yourself. Me is spelled only with 1 E not 2. If it is just a typo, read it firt before you post.

_Oo_ in San Antonio, Texas

58 months ago

Does anyone know if I will be able to renew my rt license
if I'm on probation for a misdemeanor of obstruction of highway
I'm in Texas. I'm worried. Thanks

58 months ago

Yes, you will be able to renew your license. It has nothing to do with being a respiratory therapist and it was only a misdemeanor.

t in Grayson, Kentucky

57 months ago

i have yet passed the crt exam i have taken it 5 times. i gave it up, but i just recently talked myself into going back and trying again. I have test anxiety really bad. I have missed by 3, 5, 10, 8, 4 points , its crazy . I dont know what to do.

ACM in Lombard, Illinois

57 months ago

t in Grayson, Kentucky said: i have yet passed the crt exam i have taken it 5 times. i gave it up, but i just recently talked myself into going back and trying again. I have test anxiety really bad. I have missed by 3, 5, 10, 8, 4 points , its crazy . I dont know what to do.

Do as many practice q's as possible - if you buy kettering or lindsey jones you will see how they ask questions, what types of answers they are looking for, etc, and it makes you a better test taker. I just passed my CRT no problem with Kettering (read book and listened to mp3 playaway). On the NBRC website is practice CRT and RRT, and if you practice those several times, that should really help too.

Also - a big tip - READ questions SOOOOO carefully b/c they will try to trick you. Make sure you look for what they are asking and then figure out what data you need and THEN get the answer. Good luck!

But really, just do as many practice questions as you can possibly find, and Kettering is definitely a good investment and will help prepare you. And keep studying/reviewing everyday, especially normal and critical values.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

TCC in Fargo, North Dakota

56 months ago

I graduated school last August and took the CRT right away as did with the RRT Clin Sims and I used Lindsay Jones, and Persings, but im having a terrible time with the written. I keep getting a 69 or a 65. I do not like kettering at all. That book to me babbles on and on and doesnt really give any useful information towards preparing for the Written. I've even checked out tutorialsystems.com and thought it was good too, but still did not help for me....any other suggestions??

ACM in Lombard, Illinois

56 months ago

I like the Sills comprehensive review book + Kettering. Sills is very detailed, but I feel like it was helpful and it gives a lot of good tips. I passed the RRT mock exam with an 86. I haven't taken the RRT exams yet, plan on doing that in about 2 weeks.

Make sure when you are taking the exam that you read every question and all the answers carefully, it is easy to miss something and that changes the ENTIRE question. I know there would have been several problems on my CRT exam I would have gotten wrong if I didn't read the question and all the answers very carefully before choosing. Sometimes they give you info and you want to fix a problem, but that's not what they are asking for.

Also, have you practiced the CRT/RRT questions on the NBRC website?

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ts in Decatur, Georgia

55 months ago

Call Dr. Larry @ Gwinnett technical college. He has a 100% pass rate!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

tv in Salt Lake City, Utah

55 months ago

ts in Decatur, Georgia said: Call Dr. Larry @ Gwinnett technical college . He has a 100% pass rate!

What college is he at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jason Swenson in Des Moines, Iowa

54 months ago

The RRT was not that bad. I did not use kettering, that jones one, or any study book for that matter. Just think. Take your time. Does it make sense to waste 190 dollars for something you probably could have done yourself? I have a couple words of advice for those taking the CSE part. Tidal volumes 8-12 per kg(use this to eliminate half the choices). FiO2 same as what they were on before hand or 5-10% higher. If they are in distress and the PaO2 is below low 50's use 100%(use this to eliminate the remainings. Rate? They like the 8-12 range. They also like simv a lot!(between the rate and the mode you should be able to choose the best answer. If you are stuck between a/c and simv, pick simv) If they have muscular weakness use a pressure support mode.(chances are if they can trigger this will be the optimal choice) They give you hints to the types of patients to look out for. It is in the handbook. Check it out. If this was helpful at all please let me know. I was searching forever to find the information I just told you and I couldn't find it anywhere on the web. Use the NBRC site to take a practice WRRT and CSE they are very helpful and are exactly how the exam should go. Thanks everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in Teaneck, New Jersey

54 months ago

HI guys,
I graduated 3 years ago. I was keep failing my RRT before my 3 years so now i am trying to take my crt to get the eligibility for my RRT. I took CRT last months failed for a point.
What is the best material i can study with? I am using Kettering now. Any suggestion for me guys?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RRT in Lombard, Illinois

54 months ago

Hey,

Kettering helped me with the CRT and clinical sims. Some ppl said it helped with the RRT written, but that was not my experience. My suggestion is to study the book, listen to the lectures from Kettering again and again, and practice as many practice test questions as possible, b/c then you are used to the way Q's are asked on the real exam.

Oh - and read the questions CAREFULLY. Sometimes they word it tricky trying to see if you'll pick the wrong answer, especially for the CRT.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shanna in Stone Mountain, Georgia

52 months ago

pearlmcgee in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: Hi Sheena,
I have taken the CRT four times and only have one more time to take and pass it. You mentioned you had taken it five times. Can you tell me where it is that let you take it a fifth time, and any other helpful information you can give will be greatly appreciated. I live in louisiana and need and alternative if I don't pass o the fourth try. pearlmcgee@bellsouth.net
Thanks, Pearl McGee

Hey Sheena im Shanna A rt from Georgia. Georgia lets you take the CRT any amounts of times. But the things is Most Jobs want u to be RRT before u work at them. Try Kettering, its 360 dollars for the study packet but it is worth it. It tells u how to pass the test and gives u great information. Plus u can use the same study packet for your RRT. Trust in God and never give up. You'll be RRt before u know it. we both will

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shanna in Stone Mountain, Georgia

52 months ago

ts in Decatur, Georgia said: Call Dr. Larry @ Gwinnett technical college. He has a 100% pass rate!

I heard about him. I will give him a call. im in stone mtn ga thanks

eve4430 in Atlanta, Georgia

50 months ago

Shanna in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: Hey Sheena im Shanna A rt from Georgia. Georgia lets you take the CRT any amounts of times. But the things is Most Jobs want u to be RRT before u work at them. Try Kettering, its 360 dollars for the study packet but it is worth it. It tells u how to pass the test and gives u great information. Plus u can use the same study packet for your RRT. Trust in God and never give up. You'll be RRt before u know it. we both will

Are you still studying for the exam or have you passed already?

Unnoticed in Kansas city, Kansas

50 months ago

No I have not pass

Jeff in Marietta, Ohio

50 months ago

Do most programs not prepare students for the tests? Our program requires two capstone quarters (11 weeks each) just involving the registration test. We take an NSRB simulation 3 times a capstone, getting evaluated each time, making plans to improving our weaknesses.

The last 5 years 100% completion for CRT AND RRT the first try. Our director feels that if a graduate can't walk out and pass the RRT the same day, the program is a failure and the student wasted their money. Exact words.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.