Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming restaurant manager interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

David Rose in Burnsville, MN

99 months ago

There is some very helpful information posted on my website - www.yellowdogrecruiting.com. Please take a look and feel free to reach out to me for further discussion.

If I could show you an opportunity better than what you are doing today, would you be intersted?

YELLOW DOG Recruiting is a national recruitment company specializing in the food, hospitality and servicing industries.

David Rose
<snip>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rrrr Mignon in Albuquerque, New Mexico

96 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming restaurant manager interview?
Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?
I always go to the web sight. I always go in the actual building a concept I am interviewing with. This way I can get a feeling if I want to work there. I have coffee and see how the staff is. If the service is poor then you know you have alot of work ahead of you. The biggest question is, what is your mgmt retention factor. Why has this position come available? If it is because the former went on to bigger and better. This is a red flag for money or a bad GM. When it seems to good to be true,it is! Listen to your gut. What did you smell when you entered that concept, what did you see, hear, and FEEL! Do you fit? Ask the interviewer what is the companies mgmt style. How many mgrs. are on the team. What is your current ppa, liquor cost, food cost? What is the hardest foiable that you find this location to have? What is your backgroud? How long have you been with the company. If you have been a restaurant manager before recognize the signs of a good fit. Watch out being the filler. Take all inteviews you never know what gold may lie on the either side of the rainbow. It can only enhance your skills, hone your search down. Then as pathetic as it may sound, I just want you to know that I have always wanted to work for BRAND X, but in all my past searches there has never been any mgmt needs. So I am so elated to be in the interview process. This shows me what a great team this company has and I want to be associated with this company for that very reason. What is the next step we take in order for me to secure myself for this position? Boy oh boy that should take you to the next level. This will probably cause a real chuckle by the DM or recruiter. This works everytime. It is all timing and how you deliver it. Don't lose your composure and start laughing. (Like Richard Gere in Pretty Woman")

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.