What are typical revenue manager salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

mozes in Jakarta, Indonesia

73 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

please advise

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RevMan in London, United Kingdom

71 months ago

mozes in Jakarta, Indonesia said: please advise

Rev Man should have a strong background in Reservations and worked closely to a Sales environment to understand both side of the business, hotel site and needs as well as business side and needs. Salary for a Revenue Manager starts from 25-26K depending on the size of the cluster.
Experienced Rev Man with a record can earn from 35K to 45K.
Progession can lead to Director of Marketing and other position that relates to gaining Revenue for a company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

RevMan in London, United Kingdom

71 months ago

mozes in Jakarta, Indonesia said: please advise

Yes, some companies understand the need of a Revenue Manager on board and are willing to offer a competitive salary to their special person that will reflect an increase on the figures of their business.
Revenue Manager is a new position that only starts to receive a serious interest from the employers.
Systems, techniques are developping and the current Revenue Manager are enjoying a stronger demand. This role will keep developping in the future. However experience, progression and very good communication skills at all level will be the key of your success in the role.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tricia in Fort Worth, Texas

39 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

entry-level revenue managers should expect to make $35K at the very least. At very large full-service hotels (+500 rooms), single-property revenue managers should expect to make $50K at a minimum, although busy markets should pay more than $60 to $70K. Cluster revenue managers make a minimum of $55K but a max of $70K.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

OxleyMiami in Miami Beach, Florida

22 months ago

Hello everybody,

"Rev Man should have a strong background in Reservations and worked closely to a Sales environment to understand both side of the business, hotel site and needs as well as business side and needs."

This comment is what we read everywhere...
Why need to know how to take a reservation or about the way people make their reservation for a revenue manager ? It's even not about selling/marketing rooms (In case we talk about hotel revenue manager). It's all about business analytics !!!

It's like saying a "motor engineer" has to be a good driver. These are two different things.

What I mean is you don't need to spend years doing reservation/sales/marketing jobs. You need a good information system in order to provide data that you are supposedly capable to analyze ! Not everybody has the right skills for being good at reservation and sale and marketing and revenue management. Who can seriously pretend that. And even if... It's not relevant. For a revenue manager you have to have the skills of a revenue manager. And to have spent 3 to 5 years at school learning how to clean a room or to serve a plate doesn't teach you about linear regression, spreadsheet, database, etc.

With such way of thinking it's AUTOMATIC internal recruitment and the result is potentially the wrong person at the wrong place at the wrong cost !

I don't want to troll just expressing my opinion ! If someone feels offended then I am sorry in advance.

I would like to know what is your schedule where you work.
Monday to Friday ?
9 to 5 ?

Thank you for sharing.

And once again I don't want to troll.

Sharon in Singapore, Singapore

22 months ago

Hi,

Revenue management personnel need to have following skills:

1. Good communicator - how to convert your message into simple idea and get buy in base on the FACT
2. Team work advocator - The personnel may set the best strategies but implementation is with the entire team which invovles Sales/Resevation and Front office
3. Marketer - Revenue Management is not only about setting price, the ability of understand the market and competitors are as important as knowing your own business, align with your business objective to set the right target, price , allocation from various channels
4. Analytical skill - Basics, data mining, ability of spot of trends and identify opportunities in the future business

Reservation is very process driven and administrative, it's only 5-10% of Revenue personnel capability

Cheers

OxleyMiami in Miami Beach, Florida

22 months ago

Hello,

I would like to know what is your schedule where you work.
Monday to Friday ?
9 to 5 ?
Working during the WE ?
How is organized your schedule ?

Thank you for sharing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thoandros in London, United Kingdom

5 months ago

OxleyMiami in Miami Beach, Florida said: Why need to know how to take a reservation or about the way people make their reservation for a revenue manager ? It's even not about selling/marketing rooms (In case we talk about hotel revenue manager). It's all about business analytics !!!

I have 18 years of experience in Hotels, Reservations and Revenue Management. I can tell you that what is important is not "how to take a reservation" but a strong knowledge on how your market works and the best way to learn it is to having tried it on your skin, taking reservations.
Revenue Management and Sales are strongly connected, even it does not seem so.
To be a revenue analyst you can also have no background, but in my opinion a Revenue Manager has to have that kind of sensitivity that comes only with the experience.

There are many revenue management tools that can make all the calculations of the world, however the "human touch" cannot be substituted.

Of course you have to have the skills of a Revenue Manager to be a good Revenue Manager, but this does not exclude that a background in reservations helps, way more any degree in Economics.

Generally the Revenue Manager works 5 days a Week, 9 to 5.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.