Show me the money...

Comments (25)

Host

What are typical nurse rn salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

nicole in Victorville, California

95 months ago

I would like to know also.

Anthony @Strategic Alliance Staffing in Vancouver, British Columbia

95 months ago

Host said: What are typical nurse rn salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

I find that it is the nurse and their commitment and strengths to a hospitals needs as well as the intensity of the needs in the state that drive my candidates salaries when we place them. We have not had to dicker even one time about money. And our candidates are pleased with the offers.
Anthony
Strategic Alliance Staffing

Tamer from Aliahealthcare.com

89 months ago

Yes if you work for an Agency you get paid sometimes double what you get paid in a Hospital.
<Edited by Host: advertisement removed>

Leslie Willmann, LPN TechGroup, Inc. in Spokane, Washington

89 months ago

Host said: What are typical nurse rn salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

I work for a travel agency and I can tell you that the majority of my nurses make $33.00 to $37.00 an hour, free housing, auto allowance of $100.00 - $150.00 a week, daily tax free per diem of about $30.00 a day and covered travel. Of course, you have to remember that they are away from home for 8 to 13 weeks at a time, working in sometimes less than ideal conditions.
If you are looking for top earning potential then you should specialize. Emergency room, Intensive care, Operating room or Radiation Oncology. You should also try to get your ACLS, TCNN and PALS certification. Any of those extra certs or training make you more marketable and can bring a higher dollar.
Hope that helps. Feel free to give me a call or drop me a line for more information.

Leslie Willmann, LPN
<Edited by Host: contact info removed>

Lenny Dixon in Denton, Texas

89 months ago

I am interested in what salaries & or pay scales are for hospice registered nurses in different states.

HeadedtotheBeach in Woodstock, Georgia

83 months ago

RNs in Atlanta, new grad ASN start at 22/hour or so. You are supposed to get credit for years of experience- so salaries vary by kinds of experience (MD office-not worth as much) as acute care hospital experience. Shift diffs/wknd diffs add to the base rate. Atlanta has alot of hospitals so I am sure they all pay about the same.

Does anyone know what hospitals in Savannah or Hilton Head Island pay? I am interested in getting out of this madness (the traffic is obscene!) and someplace more laid back.

Thanks.

nancy in Casa Grande, Arizona

81 months ago

hello my name is nancy and i am thinking about going to school to became a rn i was wondering how much money do they make and were do they make the most

Indeed Admin in Stamford, Connecticut

80 months ago

Hello Nancy, Thank you for joining the Indeed forums! If you would like to know more about the average salary range for RN's, or any job for that matter, just use the Indeed.com Salary tool. http://www.indeed.com/salary Just type in the job, keyword or position you want to know more about and the area you're interested in and click "View Salary" to see the salary for your search and other related terms. Here's a search I did for "RN" in Arizona. http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=RN&l1=AZ&tm=1 I hope this helps and best of luck with school if you decide to go back. Sincerely, Indeed Admin

RONNISHA in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

80 months ago

HEY I NEED A JOB

Indeed Admin in Stamford, Connecticut

80 months ago

Hello Ronnisha, If you are interested in finding a nursing job in your area, you'll have the most success by using the Indeed search engine! Just type "nurse" or "RN" into the search field at the top of this page and click "Find Jobs" to see all the job listings. From there you can narrow down the results by area, salary and company. Best of luck with your search! Indeed Admin

hlevea in Phoenix, New York

80 months ago

Im relocating to TX, I have 3 travel companies looking for jobs for me in San Antonio, Houston, and the Dallas area. I will relocate based on the highest paying job. I would like to start the first week of January and these companies havent found me a job yet. I am an ER nurse of 10 years with TNCC, ACLS, PALS. If any ccompanies out there have contracts in any of these cities in TX, please reply.

Richard Darrow in Newport Beach, California

79 months ago

hlevea in Phoenix, New York said: Im relocating to TX, I have 3 travel companies looking for jobs for me in San Antonio, Houston, and the Dallas area. I will relocate based on the highest paying job. I would like to start the first week of January and these companies havent found me a job yet. I am an ER nurse of 10 years with TNCC, ACLS, PALS. If any ccompanies out there have contracts in any of these cities in TX, please reply.

Hello,

My name is Richard Darrow adn I recruit for LTC companies in TX. Please give me a call and we can discuss your options.

Thank you,

Richard Darrow

Lindsey in Huntsville, Alabama

78 months ago

What is the typical salary for a PACU RN with 10 years experience in Huntsville

amy, rn in Sheffield, Alabama

77 months ago

lindsey, nurses in alabama make CONSIDERABLY less than any other part of the country, including mississippi and tennessee. There are more nursing schools in alabama increasing the supply, so companies can pay a lower hourly rate. don't expect alot in alabama.

Lindsey in Huntsville, Alabama

77 months ago

Thanks Amy. I have heard Alabama paid less in wages but there is a nursing shortage in general. PACU is also a specialty unit, it is considered critical care. I just want to see if my salary is comparable to others in the same field in any state.

Kallie in Marshfield, Wisconsin

75 months ago

I am a mental health nurse and supervisor of 3 years. I am looking to move south out of the winter snow. I would like to move some place that possibly is looking to relocate RNs any ideas?

sjm1341

75 months ago

If you're worried about getting stuck in a place where you don't like working, you can do research ahead of time. Nurseratings.org has a database of medical facilities with review information. It has information on salaries as well.

aldudeca in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

Leslie Willmann, LPN TechGroup, Inc. in Spokane, Washington said: I work for a travel agency and I can tell you that the majority of my nurses make $33.00 to $37.00 an hour, free housing, auto allowance of $100.00 - $150.00 a week, daily tax free per diem of about $30.00 a day and covered travel. Of course, you have to remember that they are away from home for 8 to 13 weeks at a time, working in sometimes less than ideal conditions.
If you are looking for top earning potential then you should specialize. Emergency room, Intensive care, Operating room or Radiation Oncology. You should also try to get your ACLS, TCNN and PALS certification. Any of those extra certs or training make you more marketable and can bring a higher dollar.
Hope that helps. Feel free to give me a call or drop me a line for more information.

Leslie Willmann, LPN

Leslie please contact me lets talk about nursing and $
but the way I have all the certs you ask for, and 3 trips to Afghanistan, Iraq

serdyuk in Oregon

53 months ago

Average salary depends on experiense. More years - higher salary.
More details here: rn-salary.com/average-rn-salary

Pat RN in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

I am relocating to Tennesee, The hospital offered me $1,000 towards relocation. Any ideas on how to renegotiate a higher amount for relocating? $1000 seems very unrealistic for a move from Pa to TN. Are relocation packages still out there?

Rose Armstrong in Upper Marlboro, Maryland

45 months ago

I am a retired nurse, I worked at a military hospital in DC. I was a GS12 and made $96,ooo base pay. There were plenty of people who made more than I did. GS 12 positions are for ICU,CCU,Peds,& oncology,and ER I think. If you work evenings, nights, weekends or overtime you would get more money. I hear the VA pays even better. They give more overtime.

scrotteauRNinMN in Saint Paul, Minnesota

41 months ago

I currently have 3 years RN exp. in Urgent care, with 10 years as medical assistant. I am currently at $28 at local urgent care evenings/weekends with $1-$3 more for shift differential. New management is now requiring us to get ACLS and PALS certified within 6 months. Should we be demanding more pay too? In minnesota you only see these certifications if you are an Rn in the ER or ICU units i a hospital. Please advise.Thanks

Anna in Modesto, California

40 months ago

nancy in Casa Grande, Arizona said: hello my name is nancy and i am thinking about going to school to became a rn i was wondering how much money do they make and were do they make the most

West Coast nurses probably make the most. Starting at $35/hr for a new grad and goes up quickly from there. Bay area nurses start in the $40s and $50s.

Elizabeth, RN in Pengilly, Minnesota

22 months ago

I've been a nurse for six yrs.; four of those yrs working FT in an acute hospital setting (ortho w/ frequent float to M/S and Tele). I then relocated to Northern MN and have spent the last two years unemployed, unable to even get an interview for a hospital job. I have had only the one job as an RN, and my references are excellent. I am becoming completely frustrated w/ the job hunt. I have checked into travel nursing, since the market up here is so poor for nurses, but am running into problems because it has now been two yrs since my last work experience. Ugh! I am hesitant to entertain the idea of going into LTC, which is mostly what is available here, because it seems a step in the wrong direction, in terms of my goals of getting into an ortho OR. Due to the lengthy unemployment, I just can't afford to relocate at this time. Any ideas?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.