What should I expect from Bimbo Bakeries USA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

breadman in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

54 months ago

ttboy in Joplin, Missouri said: I have been with Sara Lee 18 yrs. the sale to Bimbo has finalized. What should I expect when the union contract expires in June? Will they negotiate? Anybody own a Bimbo route? What's your experience with it?

I was a breadman for Sara Lee here in Sioux Falls for about 8 years. Last March they did mot renew our contract and made us Independent Operators. If you are a Teamster you should not have to worry too much about it. Teamsters willl back you and shut down Bakeries to protect you. We were in the Bakers local so that is why they sent us that way. I hope you get a new contract

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

bamaman in Petal, Mississippi

49 months ago

chill out..I have been with Sara Lee for 21 years.. We went Independent 4 years ago.. Lost the union but the things we are hearing about what Bimbo has planned is very positive... There on a mission to kill Flowers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

ttboy in Joplin, Missouri

49 months ago

I guess well see soon enough. Contract expires June 3rd. This Hostess crap isn't helping.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jrockies1 in Rohnert Park, California

43 months ago

you won't find any good coming from the sale. I have been with BBU for 12 years and just found out I will be getting laid off come Jan. Not what I was looking for at this time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Titusville, Florida

38 months ago

bamaman in Petal, Mississippi said: chill out..I have been with Sara Lee for 21 years.. We went Independent 4 years ago.. Lost the union but the things we are hearing about what Bimbo has planned is very positive... There on a mission to kill Flowers

They got high hopes..

They wont kill Flowers.. They have so much money in reserve.. Merita gone.. Who got all that business? Flowers..

They sell their routes.. Their bread is SOLD the second it goes into your truck.. Then on top of that its sold in dollar tree or in their thrift stores..

They truly have it down..

Bimbo however will be a power player now..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.