Safety Management in consturction

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Richard Catt in Terre Haute, Indiana

84 months ago

I have the Osha 10,30,&500 plus 33 years as a pipefitter,I would like to get a job as a safety man for different contractors.Can any one help me? Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

dogg in Dixon, Kentucky

77 months ago

If you have taken the 500 you should have a start. try getting a safety position for a shutdown or nights. take as many classes to start with to even out your experience. maybe even get a NCCER for safety. crosby has rigging training availible. take some online courses, "OSHA approved" courses are the best. ask your self how far in the safety field are you wanting to go? field manager, corp. manager, but keep in mind stress. How are you at problem solving and negotiations? How are your people skills. if your lacking in these you might want to focus on developing them better also. safety profession is not for everyone. stress,people(black,white,hisp.)negotioations,problem solving, research, paperwork, accidents, accident investigations, incidents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Adam in Delray Beach, Florida

71 months ago

Richard Catt in Terre Haute, Indiana said: I have the Osha 10,30,&500 plus 33 years as a pipefitter,I would like to get a job as a safety man for different contractors.Can any one help me? Thank You

You can start by fixing the headline misspelled word of "Construction".
Safety professionals have to write policies and accident investigations, spelling is important. OSHA should always be in capitol letters, any one should be the word "Anyone".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Greta Chaney in White Castle, Louisiana

70 months ago

Ten years of work experience, I also hold an OSHA 30 & 500 and I find it almost impossible to get a job . ANY HELP will be welcomed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn-Marie Copin in Hammond, Indiana

69 months ago

Greta Chaney in White Castle, Louisiana said: Ten years of work experience, I also hold an OSHA 30 & 500 and I find it almost impossible to get a job . ANY HELP will be welcomed.

Greta contact me by e-mail. dcopin@coderedsafety.com. Let's talk about your career!
DMC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dinnertyme in Charlotte, North Carolina

68 months ago

I have just the 10 and 30 and 15 years of pipefitting/welding would love a safety job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

THOAMS Martens in Pembroke Pines, Florida

66 months ago

I have a OSHA 10/30/500. I've been invalved in safety for 4 yrs now with 13 yrs in industrual construction. I live in South West Broward County, Fl.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paris in Evanston, Illinois

66 months ago

Hammond? Really! I thought you would be in New York or London by now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dawn-Marie Copin in Hammond, Indiana

66 months ago

Paris in Evanston, Illinois said: Hammond? Really! I thought you would be in New York or London by now.

Please let me know your contact information so that I can contact you directly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

EHS Pro in Columbus, Ohio

56 months ago

Richard Catt in Terre Haute, Indiana said: I have the Osha 10,30,&500 plus 33 years as a pipefitter,I would like to get a job as a safety man for different contractors.Can any one help me? Thank You

Use Spell Check and the term safety professional not "Safety Man"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CS in San Rafael, California

48 months ago

Adam in Delray Beach, Florida said: You can start by fixing the headline misspelled word of "Construction".
Safety professionals have to write policies and accident investigations, spelling is important. OSHA should always be in capitol letters, any one should be the word "Anyone".

That's capital* letters, not capitol.

raja sajid hafeez in Doha, Qatar

48 months ago

i want a job in qatar.pay should be 30 thousand

Darrell in Morgan, Utah

47 months ago

Having training in OSHA 10 and Osha 30 help you get employment as a Safety Professional? I do residential and commercial control loss inspections for the insurance industry. Would taking the OSHA 10,30 be good thing. I have a 2 year degree in general studies and a BS degree in criminal justice and a minor in Psychology. I know my degree is no related. I do inspections part time and was wondering if I have to get a another bachelor degree in Occupational Health and Safety to be employable?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

David Bugsby in Irvine, California

44 months ago

Finding cheap OSHA training is really hard to find. So I suggest go to the OSHA website or this website is helpful in training my new employees: bit.ly/i0NHQh. So far, I have not had any problems with OSHA and my employees seem to like most wumbus videos. But to Darrell in Utah I don't think you need a degree in Occupational Health and Safety all you need is experience, otherwise your degree wont do anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Port Lavaca, Texas

44 months ago

Adam in Delray Beach, Florida said: You can start by fixing the headline misspelled word of "Construction".

You should start by making sure all of your spelling is right before critiquing someone elses. Capitol is like a state capitol, you meant capital as in capitalizing your words. Just wanted to point that one out!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

J Butler in Daphne, Alabama

25 months ago

Hello Everyone,
Currently, Im taking the OSHA 510 and the exam date is Wensday. I will then proceed onto to OSHA 500. It's my plan to persue CSP. I am retired from the US Army after 30 years of service, and I would definitely appreciate any tips on job opportunities. In addition, I hold a BBA in Operations Managemnet.

Respectfully,

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.