Ind. Sales Rep Questions and Needed Chicago Area

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

MPoin in Romeoville, Illinois

57 months ago

Hello, I have a few questions to ask about ISR's. Is there a certain percentage on wholesale sold which is utilized in the jewelry industry vs other industries? Are most reps paid monthly, biweekly, weekly? Do you as an ISR prefer open territories or contracted territories? If you are in a contract for a certain area, do you have goals to reach to keep this territory yours alone? Are you normally given a product line and case to take to customers or do they make you purchase their line? Any other information you think pertinent to share with me is greatly appreciated. I was a road warrior in scientific sales and do have a sales background.

I am a designer/manufacturer/distributor/wholesaler of a niche market of jewelry findings. I have been at the forefront of this market for 4-5 years. I will be looking for an Independent Sales Rep to open the Chicago and Northern, Il market in Jewelry stores, Gift Stores, etc for my line of Made in the USA sterling silver and Argentium silver findings and Artisan Beads. This is a very large market and store owners are looking for made in the USA items. Income can be lucrative, and depends on your drive, current customer base and ability to increase the customer base and educate them on the product line. After the Chicago market has opened I will be looking to open other markets in the US.

Kindest Regards,
Mary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Al Turnbeaugh in Demotte, Indiana

56 months ago

There is no hard and fast rule for commissions, splits etc. in the jewelry industry per se. The issue becomes volume and if you are a top of the mindshare line for the rep or an add on that will supplement other lines. Much depends upon your goals as a manufacturer too. Your profit margins will have to dictate the amount you share with the rep. Have you established a market presence or is that part of the reps mission? Will customers recognize the brand? It appears that at this stage of your marketing you need some Cowboys to take no prisoners and get the product in front of your marktplace. I grew up in the jewelry industry and jewelry trade industry and have seen good products languish through lack of adequate marketing and sales numbers. I have also seen mediocre products take massive shares of the market due to aggressive and profitable relationship sales and marketing efforts. If you would like to discuss this further email me at al@visionmediastrategies.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.