school bus jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Robert in Avon Lake, Ohio

64 months ago

Hi,

I have an interview for driving next week in Avon Lake. I've been looking all over the internet for any sort of help in this interview for questions that may help me prepare and the only list of interview questions I found on the web are at:

www.mockquestions.com/schoolbusquestions.html

If anyone else knows of any interview questions that would help me prepare for my interview next week please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ronald in Cleveland, Ohio

62 months ago

Im in the Cleveland area and am looking for a school bus driver job. I have been driving for different districts and organizations for 3 years or so. I have my CDL with all the endorsements. I have nothing to hide in my background or drug screens. Anyone know who's hiring? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

carlos in Randolph, New Jersey

57 months ago

to anybody can helpme TO GET MY CDL AND A JOB FOR SCHOOL BUS DRIVER,WHAT ARE THE STEPS I KNOW WHAT IS FIRTS; TAKE THE TEST,WHAT ABOUT THE FINGER PRINTS OR GET A JOB IN SCHOOL OR ANY SHOOL OR COMPANY CAN HELPME TO DO THIS I REALY LOVE TO DO THIS,IF ANYBODY CAN HELPME PLEASE,I LOOKING TO FINE A JOB IN RANDOLPH,ROCKAWAY,DENVIL,KEMVIL,DOVER,WHARTON

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Liber8tor in Port Charlotte, Florida

50 months ago

Penny Ruiz in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: I want to become a school bus driver her in Fredericksburg or the surrounding areas, is there a program that can help me get training through their school?, and a job?

---------------------------------------------------

Do yourself a favor.. DON'T be a school bus driver. I drove school bus for over a year.. it is by far the WORST job you can imagine.

The kids are horrible behaviour problems.. juvenile deliquents and thugs.

The school district will nickle and dime and harass you at every turn. Every day they will add new stops, new rules and new regulations and more supervisors. (of course.. even though they want you to make 10 more stops.. they wont allow you any more time for you to complete the run). You always have to exceed the speed limit because you are late.. then they write you up and suspend you for 3 days without pay. The buses break down almost every day... and there is no air conditioning in bus. (Florida is 95 degrees every day) and it is so hot the kids vomit and you have to clean it up.

There are always fights on the bus and it is YOUR fault if the kids fight... but you are not allowed to touch the kids. They video tape and record every movement on the bus and revieww it daily. They want to know why "Allowed" the kids to fight while you were driving on the freeway at 50 mph in heavy traffic and rain slick roads.

You are required to do seating charts (which change daily). It takes about an hour to re-do a seating chart and you dont get paid for it. You only get paid when the engine is running. (No pay for fueling, cleaning or doing seating charts) The kids refuse to sit in their assigned seats and you as the driver get blamed because the kids wont go to their seat.

I still have night mares about school bus driving.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alex in Brooklyn, New York

46 months ago

Hi, my name Alex, Iam 53 years old. Last year (december) I received my CDL License class B (endor P, S). My problem is that i have`t experience, I have no car, I never drive in NY. I drived in my native country more than 30 years.What I need to do. Nobody wants to give me a job. How I can gane this expirince. I already spend lot of money for my CDL license.What now - again to school, but thereare no school that can garanty you job.
This is my dreem, I always want to drive big beautiful Bus or a school bus. Give me advice, somebody - where to go, what to do, please. I`ll be very greatful. My E-mail: aleksinov@yahoo.com

Lori in Hamburg, New Jersey

44 months ago

carlos in Randolph, New Jersey said: to anybody can helpme TO GET MY CDL AND A JOB FOR SCHOOL BUS DRIVER,WHAT ARE THE STEPS I KNOW WHAT IS FIRTS; TAKE THE TEST,WHAT ABOUT THE FINGER PRINTS OR GET A JOB IN SCHOOL OR ANY SHOOL OR COMPANY CAN HELPME TO DO THIS I REALY LOVE TO DO THIS,IF ANYBODY CAN HELPME PLEASE,I LOOKING TO FINE A JOB IN RANDOLPH,ROCKAWAY,DENVIL,KEMVIL,DOVER,WHARTON

Try FIRST STUDENT in Morristown They have bus routes all over Morris County

Lori in Hamburg, New Jersey

44 months ago

Liber8tor in Port Charlotte, Florida said: ---------------------------------------------------

Do yourself a favor.. DON'T be a school bus driver. I drove school bus for over a year.. it is by far the WORST job you can imagine.

The kids are horrible behavior problems.. juvenile delinquents and thugs.

The school district will nickle and dime and harass you at every turn. Every day they will add new stops, new rules and new regulations and more supervisors. (of course.. even though they want you to make 10 more stops.. they wont allow you any more time for you to complete the run). You always have to exceed the speed limit because you are late.. then they write you up and suspend you for 3 days without pay. The buses break down almost every day... and there is no air conditioning in bus. (Florida is 95 degrees every day) and it is so hot the kids vomit and you have to clean it up.

There are always fights on the bus and it is YOUR fault if the kids fight... but you are not allowed to touch the kids. They video tape and record every movement on the bus and revieww it daily. They want to know why "Allowed" the kids to fight while you were driving on the freeway at 50 mph in heavy traffic and rain slick roads.

You are required to do seating charts (which change daily). It takes about an hour to re-do a seating chart and you dont get paid for it. You only get paid when the engine is running. (No pay for fueling, cleaning or doing seating charts) The kids refuse to sit in their assigned seats and you as the driver get blamed because the kids wont go to their seat.

WOW!!!!
I am so happy you are NOT a bus driver anymore!
Thank God!
I have been a bus driver for 25 years in NJ.
Nothing like you have described.
No child is perfect but really?? Thugs huh?
Yes I am sure all the parents are happy you are not on the road either! wow!!
Perhaps it was you that has a bad attitude?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Huntersville, North Carolina

44 months ago

Anybody have any suggestions about early morning childcare for school bus drivers? Before school care doesn't start til 6:30a, and bus drivers have to start at 5a.

busC in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

Liber8tor in Port Charlotte, Florida said: ---------------------------------------------------

The kids are horrible behaviour problems.. juvenile deliquents and thugs.

I'm a driver, one year this month. It is the most demeaning, unappreciated job ever. I make 12bucks an hour, no sick/vacation or personal days. I ride with an aid and 1 on 1 who hate my guts and make coming to work as thrilling as wiping spit from the seats with my bare hands.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bus 116 in Fort Wayne, Indiana

42 months ago

As a school bus driver, both sub and regular, I have driven inner city kids that fought screamed epifets at passers by and parents waiting for there children, they threw everything that was not bolted down at each other and out the windows. At times they were greatly entertaining as they tried to do summersalts over the seats. On some routes I would have to pick up and empty three trash baskets of candy rappers, broken pencils, bubble gum and other stuff they left on the floor, walls and celing!
When ever the kids would get out of control, or if they would start fighting, I was told that I should pull to the side of the road, any road, no matter what, and call for help, the police and school security would usually show up within a matter of minutes and the police would take the disruptive kids off the bus. I always had the strong support from my superiors.
I also had bus routes that were totally opposite, the kids were polite, I was even ask by a child if he could read a library book! They left nothing at all on the floor for weeks at a time, the children were quiet and respectful. There were many good kids on what could be considered the bad routes. One thing I can say is that after a while, good or bad students, a bus driver worth his or her salt, will earn the kids respect and then they will start following the rules.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.