I need help! I haven't found a job in 5 years! :(

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Dogluvah in Murrieta, California

18 months ago

I have no experience working in a district outside of my fieldwork. I will admit that I gave up for a few years. The past few years I hadn't even gotten interviews. This year, I've had three interviews but I just know that I didn't do well on the interviews. I have interview anxiety. I presently live in Southern CA, but am willing to move out of state ASAP as long as it isn't a really cold state, or one that has a high level of humidity in the summer. I've had phone interviews from states like NV, CO and AZ. Please help! Do any of you know anywhere that is hiring?

Also, should I check with the districts that I interviewed with? None of them have gotten back to me one way or another. One interview was 1 month ago and I have NOT heard from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

18 months ago

Everyone has interview anxiety, so don't feel bad. And I mean everyone!

I wouldn't call back to any of these past job interviews. Imagine if every candidate called them to check on their status. But just make sure to always send a thank you note shortly thereafter your interviews.

What have you been doing the last 5 yrs for work?

Dogluvah in Murrieta, California

18 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Everyone has interview anxiety, so don't feel bad. And I mean everyone!

I wouldn't call back to any of these past job interviews. Imagine if every candidate called them to check on their status. But just make sure to always send a thank you note shortly thereafter your interviews.

What have you been doing the last 5 yrs for work?

I have been working as a substitute teacher for all those years. I have no respect in the job and no medical benefits. In addition to that, I hate it. I won't be going back next year.

Displaced Legal Professional in Arvada, Colorado

17 months ago

Total bullcrap. I've been on LinkedIn for years. Only one time did an employer contact me. No contact even from (primarily worthless) recruiters.

Ignore this nonsense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.