You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

raheem in Newark, New Jersey

36 months ago

I want to become an armed guard how do I go about this here In Newark Newjersey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

deputydogg1 in Gatlinburg, Tennessee

36 months ago

Hello, I don't know exactly how it is in N.J. but here in Tn. you have to go to a company that provides that type of employment. You have to go through an extensive background check which consists of fingerprints, local police dept. and or sheriff's dept. records check, state of N.J. records check, and finally the FBI records check. Once all that is done you will have to take a test(s) and finally you will have to go to a firing range to qualify with the weapon that you will carry on the job. Like i said this is for the state of tn. but assume it will be pretty close to what you will have to do there in N.J. as well. Hope this helps you get an idea as to what to expect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

yes it is but most places want you to be armed already before you get the job I want to be able to go to the job and already be an armed security guard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

is there any one that can help me in newjersey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joe the Security Guard

36 months ago

First you need to get a security job then once you get hired find out if your employer has a security guard training program to get you licensed. Of they don't you can apply for a carry permit. For information on your state laws visit this website www.SecurityGuardsTraining.Com once their you can look up NJ State Laws in regards to your question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

raheem in Ridgewood, New Jersey

35 months ago

would any one know of a company that willl hire unarm and later give letter of need

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.