can a ex felon get their guard card back after 13 years

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

davidwolfe

51 months ago

I am an ex felon and did my time I have not been in any troable for the past 4 years it seems like no one wants to help I have a wife and 4 children with no luck no one will hire me dose anyone have any advice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Okie in Jersey City, New Jersey

51 months ago

It will probably be virtually impossible to get a job as a security guard with a felony on your record. Finance, health care, and security are probably fields you wont be able to work in One job that you might look at that doesn't care about your record is oil field worker- if you are willing to relocate you can make a lot of money. I live in western Oklahoma and have heard of field workers making around 100K/yr and I know there are some who have felonies. Other options might be welder (pays $15-30/hr) or steel worker. Unfortunately, there aren't many construction jobs out there right now but there certainly are a lot of oil industry jobs in my area and they employ lots of field hands, welders, and other workers. You might look and see if Haliburton,Conocophillips, global rig, oneok or some of the other oil companies are hiring. I actually did a search for oil jobs within 100 miles of Duncan, Ok (Haliburton headquarters) and came back with tons of jobs. I know there are a lot of oil companies that aren't picky at all when it comes to background checks. As far as I know, Haliburton operates in several states and many different countries, you might check them out. You would probably start at the bottom which I think is still about $20/hr and they will give you all the overtime you want at $30/hr. I know that anyone who is a good and responsible worker gets promoted quickly there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.