How to start a security company

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (351 to 398 of 398)
Page:  « First « Previous   5  6  7  8   

jd in Forreston, Texas

29 months ago

Oscar Benard in Rochester, New York said: I have over 6 years of experience as a security guard myself. I already have an accountant, business plan, insurance contact for the business. I have plans to get the DBA next week. I want to have the office open by Jan 15th at the latest. I have 3 people who would like to work for me, but now I need proposals done and companies to bid on. My accountant who is my wife is working on the proposals and finding companies to bid on. You might think having my wife as the accountant/business manager might cause problems, but she is the best in what she does. She knows the tax laws for every state in the country and the partners at her firm are all experienced in the tax laws too. She has an Associate in Business Administration and accounting as well as 15 years in the accounting and is working on her CPA, as we speak. I need a partner that is reliable, honest and respectful as well has some security guard experience under them. I would like a partner that does not have any type of record and will pass a drug test, so if we get any banks or other finacial firms I do not have to worry about anything, this is per my insurance guy. So as you see, I am far from playing around on this, I am a straight up guy, but firm when it comes to money.

there not called security guards

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bruce@acadiabiz.com in Gray, Maine

29 months ago

Oscar,
I would highly suggest looking at joining Signal 88. You and your wife can leverage the resources of a national organization, the latest technologies, national and regional accounts, an established brand, and access to capital to develop your own business. Visit www.signal88.com. Fill out the contact form for more info.

Bigl in Dundalk, Maryland

29 months ago

Hey oscar, if u need anyone for management in the balto., md. area let me know. I have 5 years law enforcement and 6 years security experience with standard and specialized training in both. I also have the following;

police academy graduate (2002)
md gun permit
md guard card
first aid
cpr/aed
GSA certified
3 years supervision/management

I am also serious about my money and would only accept a offer with excellent pay and benifits

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tallahassee Security in Tallahassee, Florida

29 months ago

macsdream in Jacksonville, Florida said: that is true fts i am a instuctor to teach

Any armed job openings? Tallahassee openings??

LSI in Long Beach, California

28 months ago

I currently own and operate a security company in Long Beach Ca, we have offices throughout the nation. We are licensed in many states and have partners in others. If you need help with getting up and running please let me know. I am sure that I can help with the process and in some situations may be able to show you how to do it for cheaper than what you thought….

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

emldloans in Greensboro, North Carolina

28 months ago

Hello, In thinking about your offer, please note that we are a fairly new security company and have enjoyed some growth however, i need help with preparing federal bid quotations in my local areas. we are in a great position to win if we can get the right person with the experience needed to prepare federal quotes dymanically which will stand out among others while being fiscally attractive.

shannon in Miami, Florida

28 months ago

theodtr@aol.com said: How about that info.Please

id like the info please my email is slilbox1@yahoo.com my name is shannon

Major (RET) Frank Sng in Singapore, Singapore

27 months ago

Antonio in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: a friend and my self have been thinking on starting a security company, please advise on all steps to take, any advise will help.

he easy way to start a Physical security firm in Singapore is to takeover a small established security firm. Estimated about S$ 200000. With that you can move into Cyber Security to make more money。I can help to achieve your dream as I am a retired Singapore Military Officer (Major) and my son was trained as an IT in NTU 7 years ago. He has good network to Cyber security

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Antonio in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: a friend and my self have been thinking on starting a security company, please advise on all steps to take, any advise will help.

he easy way to start a Physical security firm in Singapore is to takeover a small established security firm. Estimated about S$ 200000. With that you can move into Cyber Security to make more money。I can help to achieve your dream as I am a retired Singapore Military Officer (Major) and my son was trained as an IT in NTU 7 years ago. He has good network to Cyber security

27 months ago

27 months ago

Major (RET) Frank Sng in Singapore, Singapore said: he easy way to start a Physical security firm in Singapore is to takeover a small established security firm. Estimated about S$ 200000. With that you can move into Cyber Security to make more money。I can help to achieve your dream as I am a retired Singapore Military Officer (Major) and my son was trained as an IT in NTU 7 years ago. He has good network to Cyber security
Email f_sng01@yahoo.com.sg

Hal in Yucca Valley, California

27 months ago

Signal 88 seems to have it going on as the first part of marketing is normally something you do yourself as it can range from $100 to $5000 for a total package. You can do the research but a company like this already has most of this at their finger tips and you win by their research. Who and how many out there are your compeditors, what is the compeditive salery range, how much business is left out there and what do I need to do to get it. If new in any business your brand name is week at best, how do I change this quick to a trusted organization. There is one big one that no one talks about, Risk Management-your way out without all the liability! Is your paper for an AA or BA it does matter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Greg in Garden City, New York said: I'm a student in Baltimore who's looking to get some experience in the private security industry. I'm willing to train if you need or do what ever. I know it seems that I'm lacking in experience but I'm a real quick learner and willing to work. Let me know if you can help.

Under normal cercumstances it is easy to get into security and with a little common sense you will not pose a liability to the company. Look up your states requirement, take the needed steps or classes, and they are quick like 2-3 days, send in your required paperwork and wala you are a security officer. This is a good time to be in this field. Remember security is everything from moving monies to cyber theft, the wave of the future. This is no longer a feild for just the retired but always remember you are not a police officer and you do not have near their training. Stay safe hope this helps.

27 months ago

EXECUTIVE1000 in LAKE ELSINORE, California said: Ok, first off. Simply because a person is a police officer does not mean they are qualified to own/run a security guard company. They may find a few more doors open to them because of their profession. However running a security guard company is allot different than simply being a foot soldier in a police force. Always remember the ones in life that command respect while standing behind the law, a badge, or simple intimidation. Are rarely able to earn respect while standing alone, on their own two feet.
One must be extremely business savvy, and be able to operate in these circles without hesitation. Diversification is the key. An owner of a security company should be able to function in a white collar environment just as well as he/she can function in a blue collar environment.
Your scores on a range will do you no good when you’re sitting across a 750,000.00 table undergoing contract negotiations.

Now this is great, sounds like someone that not only knows the feild but has an education. Great advise and I wish I would have heard this before making bad decisions in the past, thanks for the post! Hit the nail on the head.

uma in Bangalore, India

26 months ago

i need a further details to how start this one

rahul in Vadodara, India

26 months ago

all info we can get about start-up of a security gaurd co. with all paper documents will be helpful thank u

RoRoJoe in Richmond Hill, New York

26 months ago

Documentary about security before getting into the field

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsbqIguKHXQ&list=LLI2UiKsQFxzBIt1fFOM0GXg&feature=mh_lolz

matumelo in Pretoria, South Africa

26 months ago

im also interested in starting my own security company i do know where to start but i dont know where to find my targets if anyone has any information plz email me im a very young and intteligent lady and im 21 years old

SHAREY WILSON in SAN ANTONIO, Texas

26 months ago

I WOULD LIKE ANY INFORMATION ON HOW TON START MY OWN SECURITY BUSINESS. IM CURENTLY A STUDENT BUT I WILL BE GRADUATING NEXT YEAR. I WOULD ALSO LIKE INFOMATION ON HOW TO GO ABOUT GETTING A P.I. LICENSE. IM CURENTLY IN THE STATE OF TEXAS. I WOULD LIKE TO ALSO BRANCH OUT TO OTHER CITIES AND STATES TO LEARN MORE. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A MENTOR TO HLP ME WITH MY DREAM. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT.

26 months ago

YOU CAN EMIAL ME AT SHAREY79@GMAIL.COM

26 months ago

SHAREY WILSON in SAN ANTONIO, Texas said: I WOULD LIKE ANY INFORMATION ON HOW TON START MY OWN SECURITY BUSINESS. IM CURENTLY A STUDENT BUT I WILL BE GRADUATING NEXT YEAR. I WOULD ALSO LIKE INFOMATION ON HOW TO GO ABOUT GETTING A P.I. LICENSE. IM CURENTLY IN THE STATE OF TEXAS. I WOULD LIKE TO ALSO BRANCH OUT TO OTHER CITIES AND STATES TO LEARN MORE. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A MENTOR TO HLP ME WITH MY DREAM. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT.

MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS SHAREY79@GMAIL.COM

Bigl in Dundalk, Maryland

26 months ago

I am in baltimore md. and I would like to start my own security company. I have 5 years law enforcement and 7 years security experience with standard and specialized training in both. I've pretty much done ever kind of security out there and i also have the following;
police academy graduate (2002)
md gun permit
md guard card
first aid
cpr/aed
3 years supervision/management
if anyone can give me some real help I would appreciate it

Michael B. in Federal Way, Washington

25 months ago

jeffrey hatch in Toledo, Ohio said: i want to start a security company and i want a co-owner so let me know

If you are still interested in a co-owner contact me at drudgist@rocketmail.com

-Michael B.

Michael B. in Federal Way, Washington

25 months ago

If any one is need of an investor or co-owner contact me at Drudgist@rocketmail.com

-Michael B.

Adeel in South Shields, United Kingdom

24 months ago

Is anybody interested as Partnership in Security Guards Company?

19Delta in Apo

24 months ago

I'm interested in forming a Private Military Business. Im not looking into state side renta cop ideas, im thinking on an international level. Being contracted by shipping corporations to be paid to provided security on their cargo ships, keep in mind we wouldn't take jobs from anybody, only companies who have legal goods they are transporting, i have allot of details about it already and a pretty good basis of what needs to be done, what i need help with or information on is the admin and legal side of getting this started, for being international it would be a little bit harder, plus if there is any kind of funding that can be placed or requested to help get it started, if anyone is interested more in this idea and might be able to help please contact me jbell8505@msn.com

vicky in Banstead, United Kingdom

24 months ago

no comment

yosief Andeziom in Washington, District of Columbia

23 months ago

Embassy of united states of america at asmera from 4 March/1993 --April 12/2012 as
security officer supervisor iam applying Johns hopkins University applied Physics lab
notes.

Christopher in West Tehama County, California

23 months ago

i'm looking to start a private security business, or looking for a company to join i could use some help please?

Christopher in West Tehama County, California

23 months ago

im currently a student, but im also signed up in the Marine Corps waiting to leave for bootcamp, im looking for a private security company to apply for.

Josh Minturn- Signal 88 Security in Omaha, Nebraska

23 months ago

Christopher in West Tehama County, California said: i'm looking to start a private security business, or looking for a company to join i could use some help please?

Christopher,

Have you considered entering the market with an established franchise system? Signal 88 Security provides an amazing opportunity for individuals with a passion for security to take advantage of their skill set acquired through years of training and service to our country by becoming independent business owners. Our model has actually been recognized by GI Jobs as among the Top 10% of Military Friendly Franchisors for three years running. I would love to have a conversation with you. Feel free to email me at jminturn@signal88.com. Thanks!

Josh Minturn

Josh Minturn- Signal 88 Security in Omaha, Nebraska

23 months ago

Michael B. in Federal Way, Washington said: If any one is need of an investor or co-owner contact me at Drudgist@rocketmail.com

-Michael B.

Michael,

We are looking for investors to partner with franchise candidates to launch into various markets across the country. If you are interested in learning more, email me at jminturn@signal88.com. Thanks!

Josh Minturn

manuel oguike in Satellite Provider

22 months ago

i need a detail information on starting a security company.

cherry@88 in Cleveland, Ohio

21 months ago

i am creating a business plan for my private security business of wich i have been doing for 14 years just lost job of 11 yrs the biggest challenge get the right insurance and how to get contract suggestions and help is welcomed please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tsedwar in Chicago, Illinois

21 months ago

cherry@88 in Cleveland, Ohio said: i am creating a business plan for my private security business of wich i have been doing for 14 years just lost job of 11 yrs the biggest challenge get the right insurance and how to get contract suggestions and help is welcomed please

Cherry I would be more than happy to assit you. I can be reached at tsedwar@yahoo.com.

goutamchakraborty64@gmail.com in Durgapur, India

21 months ago

I want to start a private security agency. I am a Ex-BSF person retired on the rank of Head-constable. May I get licence? to run private Security Agency if so please guide me from where to start a I am new in this business.
Goutam

pablo in Streamwood, Illinois

21 months ago

A mackey in Jacksonville, Florida said: email me at adaglobalinc@gmail.com do not give out email to any one except for business
I am interested in contracts

I have a question does IL req a cctv license ? I cant find any info on the il web please advise thanks

mtulipano@hotmail.com in North Waterboro, Maine

20 months ago

Did you find out any info on this? I would like to know if your friend started a security company up there. I will be looking either to hire one or start one myself.

rikki0212 in American Fork, Utah

19 months ago

Wow! This is all great info for starting <a href="www.andersonblake.com">security guard companies toronto</a>. Even getting hired on a company as such would be a great and thrilling career to get into. Thank you all for sharing!

Jflaim33 in Lynbrook, New York

18 months ago

USPA Network in Riverhead, New York said: Darrell,

Go to www.uspanetwork.com and check out the NY Companies who arewilling to Network.

I have all the licenses,please contact me I'm in Long Island N.Y please contact me at JFLAIM33@hotmail.com need a partner !
I will forward my number !

hermcorps in Bronx, New York

18 months ago

I have wanted to start my own security contract company for about a year now & have recently decided to dedicate all my free time to achieving that goal. So basically I am asking if anyone knows what the first step I need to take to legally start a security company, that can provide armed and unarmed services, in New York state ( downstate) . I am currently working as an armed guard and am going to start training to become a k9 handler for the Co. I work for whose k9 units are N.Y.S. police bomb dog certified. This is going to be a per diem slot. So my goal is to keep this rare k9 handler position & run my own business when I'm not needed for k9. Owning /starting a business is all new to me, so any information for a first time business owner is welcome & appreciated. Semper Fi.

EXECUTIVE1000 in LAKE ELSINORE, California

16 months ago

providing consulting services nationwide / world wide for security guard companies, private investigation firms, executive protection firms.

contact details; executive_3000@yahoo.com

KrisCaldwell in California

13 months ago

manuel oguike in Satellite Provider said: i need a detail information on starting a security company.

For detail information you can check out this link www.startupbizhub.com/How-to-Start-a-Security-Company.htm
Hope you will get some useful information.

William Schley in Waukegan, Illinois

12 months ago

Brittney in Spring Hill, Florida said: I am currently in the midst of starting my security company in south FL (Dade, Broward & Palm Beach counties) and it really is alot of work! Im currently looking for a experienced security business owner/mentor in south florida. As I want to ensure I'm taking all the proper steps.

Your best bet is www.secopsassetprotection.com

Superzack411 in Brampton, Ontario

6 months ago

Hey friends, my name is Zack Abubaker, I live In Toronto Ontario. I am thinking starting my own security company, and I'm looking for inverses, Partners, contracts. I have good guy's with a lot of experience. I am sure we could work together. If your interested Please e-mail me at zack_abubaker911@hotmail.com

florida firearms institute in Miami, Florida

6 months ago

If your friend and you have experience in that business that's already a big advantage.
Security business is about getting contracts, permanent contracts. But you have to be careful. I have a friend of mine who has a security company and has a contract in one of the building in Sunny Isles. his contract is 11$/h, he pay security guards $8 he thought he makes $3. but when you calculate insurance, supervision, gas and other - he is negative. Plus, another mistake, he did not have his contract with the building, they gave him a contract. So, there was a phone stolen and guess what, according to the contract He is responsible for that loss. now he is negative with that contract plus additional liability for losses. he is $500 out of pocket again.
Be careful with little things like that. they can really hurt you.

Thank you, Marco,
www.floridafirearms.com

florida firearms institute in Miami, Florida

6 months ago

and dont forget to get a good insurance which covers most liabilities. Can be expensive, but in a long term its worth it.

thank again, Marco.
floridafirearmsinstitute.com

JWilkessecurity in Americus, Georgia

2 months ago

Lots of ppl have called and emailed me about starting a security company in Southeast Georgia! Ok to let them understand about this You will need a office in Georgia and things to run in an office desk supplies and that such. You will have to have access for payroll and stuff. I can run it in Georgia yes but you need to understand basically what you have in your state you will have to have over here also accept for the contracts! Anyone wanting to talk to me can email me but you need to understand the basics of what it takes to start a security company. Email me at jodywilkessecurity@icloud.com

Page:  « First « Previous   5  6  7  8   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.