Do security companies black list you if you speak unfavorably of them. Is there any recourse against them?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (29)

yarnell1964 in Decatur, Georgia

42 months ago

SOTERIA FORCE IN ATLANTA GA NEED TO BE ON THAT LIST BECAUSE HE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE OFFICER HE CARE ABOUT MONEY WHEN EVERY YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE THE OWNER TO COURT FOR LOSE WAGES IT CRAZY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Leslie Koss in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

42 months ago

Securitas USA did this to me Been 3 yrs every app I put in gets rejected

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Oscar Peebles in Springfield, Virginia

42 months ago

Yes, I am on the security blacklist. However, I cannot mention the company name because of pending legal action. Also, I have assisted a co-worker who was employed by the same company with filing legal actions against the same company. We have both been blacklisted. The best advice that I may offer is DOCUMENTATION. Document every thing regarless how small or un-important it may appear. Documentation is your best weapon against these companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Leapingcat in Norfolk, Virginia

42 months ago

Please keep me informed of the outcome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Name withheld in Dallas, Georgia

42 months ago

Yes, I believe I've been blackballed (Name withheld pending group planning legal action) from some companies.The names of companies are as followed: Huffmasters Corporation,PSGI(MADI),APT[Asset Protection Team](Andrews International),Modern Industrial Security Inc and Special Response Corporation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Name withheld in Dallas, Georgia

42 months ago

If you want the REAL STORIES to some of these companies I use to work for(and those who see this will tell you I'm not lying about theses companies) let's start with PSGI(MADI) this company don't pay per diem on time to it's security force,They don't pay for your luggage costs and this company like to hire very unskilled people and rely on experienced security to train them. Right now this company trying to get by without a edvidence coordinator. Most Security companies rather hire no bodies because they don't want experienced security telling them that they are doing things wrong. APT(Andrews International) allows roommates to steal personal belongings from their roommates and they (APT) don't want you to tell them about it. Huffmasters loves to hire people with criminal records and don't want trained clean record people because they don't want them to tell them if they(huffmasters) are doing something wrong. Modern Security Services is one company you definitly must stay away from. This company is a racist company(I use to work for them) and they don't mind showing it. One job they had in Oregon back in 2008 (Oak Harbor Freight Lines) they did not pay all of their employees including security and to this day, still owe them thousands of dollars. The Labor Dept was contacted and givin information for the case but will not get after this company-in fact this company after I investigated them and found they were without a license, and dispite operating without license, still continue to do business. Summary, Despite these and other companies claim they don't like each other, they all will send your ass home if they think you are trouble on the BUS(Greyhound Man!).I'm open to responses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Name withheld in Hiram, Georgia

41 months ago

Reasons jobs most jobs now passover unemployed people for people currently holding jobs.

Emerging practice of excluding unemployed persons from applicant pools are the new hiring practise.

The use of an individual’s current or recent unemployment status as a hiring selection device is a troubling development in the labor market

I recounted stories unemployed workers have shared with me that organizations where they were told directly that they would not be considered for employment due to being unemployed.

Some employers are using current employment as a signal of Quality Job Performance,” one unidentified person testified. “But I say such a correlation is decidedly weak. A blanket reliance on current employment serves as a poor proxy for successful job performance.”

The use of an individual’s current or recent unemployment status as a hiring selection device is a troubling development in the labor market

DENYING jobs to the already-UNEMPLOYED can also have a disproportionate effect on certain racial and ethnic minority community members, as far as the Program on Race, Ethnicity, and the Economy of the Economic Policy Institute, explained. Unemployment rates for African-Americans, Hispanics and Native Americans are higher than those of whites. When comparing college-educated workers, the unemployment rate for Asians is also higher. Thus, restricting applications to the currently employed could place a heavier burden on people of color.

At a moment when businesses should be doing whatever they can to open up job opportunities to the unemployed, it is profoundly disturbing that the trend of deliberately excluding the jobless from work opportunities is on the rise.

I smell third world entering into America.

Watch who you vote for by investigating what businesses support what the candidate(s) and do a deep, deep backgroud check on the businesses that support them because they are doing one on you. Then stop support of those businesses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Name withheld in Acworth, Georgia

41 months ago

Thank you for your response but, this is not about a criminal record. This is about the unlawful practices of employers hiring people who already have jobs and excluding the unemployed without jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MONEY MIKE in Davidson, North Carolina

41 months ago

Name withheld in Dallas, Georgia said: If you want the REAL STORIES to some of these companies I use to work for(and those who see this will tell you I'm not lying about theses companies) let's start with PSGI(MADI) this company don't pay per diem on time to it's security force,They don't pay for your luggage costs and this company like to hire very unskilled people and rely on experienced security to train them. Right now this company trying to get by without a edvidence coordinator. Most Security companies rather hire no bodies because they don't want experienced security telling them that they are doing things wrong. APT(Andrews International) allows roommates to steal personal belongings from their roommates and they (APT) don't want you to tell them about it. Huffmasters loves to hire people with criminal records and don't want trained clean record people because they don't want them to tell them if they(huffmasters) are doing something wrong. Modern Security Services is one company you definitly must stay away from. This company is a racist company(I use to work for them) and they don't mind showing it. One job they had in Oregon back in 2008 (Oak Harbor Freight Lines) they did not pay all of their employees including security and to this day, still owe them thousands of dollars. The Labor Dept was contacted and givin information for the case but will not get after this company-in fact this company after I investigated them and found they were without a license, and dispite operating without license, still continue to do business. Summary, Despite these and other companies claim they don't like each other, they all will send your ass home if they think you are trouble on the BUS(Greyhound Man!).I'm open to responses.

Thats the truth and it is sad to know that we put our selves in the line of FIRE for these company and they dont care any thing about us. You work hard every day and to know that you get treted like that,KEEP ON PUSHING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rizzogina in Senoia, Georgia

38 months ago

Security companies I have applied with:Allied Barton,Securitas,Security Forces and Hospitals...all gave me the run around all around Atlanta that is,gave me the excuse that they only hire Military and Law Enforcement, and mind you...I do have 3 yrs experience.Whatever! Right?

They don't pay jack, and want the world out of you. Send you everywhere in the state, and they don't pay unemployment benefits! They all suck!!

I believe these companies are also gender biased. I proved it too...me and a guy friend (who didn't have any experience,not Military nor Law Enforcement)got the job? What is wrong with this picture???

38 months ago

rizzogina in Senoia, Georgia said: Security companies I have applied with:Allied Barton,Securitas,Security Forces and Hospitals...all gave me the run around all around Atlanta that is,gave me the excuse that they only hire Military and Law Enforcement, and mind you...I do have 3 yrs experience.Whatever! Right?

They don't pay jack, and want the world out of you. Send you everywhere in the state, and they don't pay unemployment benefits! They all suck!!

I believe these companies are also gender biased. I proved it too...me and a guy friend (who didn't have any experience,not Military nor Law Enforcement)got the job? What is wrong with this picture???

If what you said concerning gender biased, do not walk, run to your federal or state EEOC office and file a claim against the company. From the info provided, you have a strong case of discriminaton, based on sex. There maybe other charges that you have not stated. Get off the couch and run.

38 months ago

How can I prove this happened? I have no paperwork to back up this claim.
It would have to be my friend's word against theirs, right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

It can also be age discrimination because I am in my mid fifty's and he is in his forties.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

rizzogina in Senoia, Georgia said: How can I prove this happened? I have no paperwork to back up this claim.
It would have to be my friend's word against theirs, right?

Paper work would help, nowever may not be needed. Sit down and write everything that happen. Once you think that you have a clear idea as to how it happen, what and why it happen, you will be on your way. You will need to be able to answer the when, where, who.,etc. Lets see if I have an idea of what happen, you and a friend applied for a job or jobs, he/she is 40+ and you are 55+, he/she was hired and you wasn't. Am I safe to assume that the background are about the same and without any arrest or drug usage. Have you ever worked for any of the companies before and did something that may gotten you into HOT water? Did the two of you applied for the position at the same time? Did you go together? If you did, the burden of proof is on the company. They will need a good reason why they hired your friend and not you. Keep me posted

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

rizzogina in Senoia, Georgia said: It can also be age discrimination because I am in my mid fifty's and he is in his forties.

If you can a friend to go with you to the same companies and apply for the same position. Find/pay a friend (younger female) if possible, will help you build a case against them. If you can find or pay someone younger than you and if possible female will make a strong case for you if you are hired. Go to the unemployment office look around for someone who is looking for a job, tell that XYZ security company is hiring, lets go there tomorrow and put in an appilcation. Do not give up, a little foot work and conversation will open doors.
When did the first incident happen? You only have six months to file a claim, get going.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Silver Spring, Maryland

38 months ago

Twenty two years ago I received a not so good reference from a contract security company. They said I quit without giving notice. True, but my status was on-call only. I fullfill all my obligations for the company. After two bad references I wrote the company and told them that at worst they should only be giving out my employment dates and if they wanted to keep it up they could talk to my lawyer. If a prospective employer mentions it I tell them that I was at the time on-call only. I still use the full time job site where I worked on my resume because it was an important job. If you keep having problems think about writing them a letter and mention that they might be hearing from your lawyer if they keep up with the bad references. You might need some documentation from a prospective employer. If any one has problems you might send out many letter to many people and get no response. One group that WILL listen to you is your local ACLU. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Serveillance Agent in Atlanta, Georgia

38 months ago

People, this is a case of illgal employment practises. What I mean is most security companies now will only hire people who already have a job. This way, they can continue sending the same group of personnel on assignments saving money on new hires.Those of you who don't currently have a job, too bad. Sadly but true, the labor dept has turned their heads on this practice. Most of these companies have lowered their standards as well. I've even got proof that one company has offered food in place of per diem. Most of these companies are taking advantage of the economy high unemployment by hiring from a very large pool of unqualified workers (since the pool of workers out number the jobs), telling them that should act professional without full training therefore saving on the cost of qualified personnel. This new practise allows these security companies to cheat these unsupecting new hires out of per diem, paying less per diem, high costs for uniforms and equipment. Also must of these companies have been taken over by new owners looking to make quick large amounts of money with less overhead. Lets fact it, this is what happens when a country like this sacrifice QUALITY for QUANITY! Oh, and also you will learn that some of the security companies have their SPIES here in this forum.

Surveillance Agent in Atlanta, Georgia

38 months ago

Bob, my name is Phill and if you would send me your resume, i may have an security assignment in July for you. Send resume to: phillcomeaux@hotmail.com

38 months ago

Leslie Koss in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Securitas USA did this to me Been 3 yrs every app I put in gets rejected

Dear Leslie Koss, my name is Phill and if you send me your resume, I may have a security job assignment for you this July. Send resume to: phillcomeaux@hotmail.com

38 months ago

Oscar Peebles in Springfield, Virginia said: Yes, I am on the security blacklist. However, I cannot mention the company name because of pending legal action. Also, I have assisted a co-worker who was employed by the same company with filing legal actions against the same company. We have both been blacklisted. The best advice that I may offer is DOCUMENTATION. Document every thing regarless how small or un-important it may appear. Documentation is your best weapon against these companies.

Oscar Peebles, my name is Phill and I may have a security job for you coming this month. Please send your resume to: phillcomeaux@hotmail.com

38 months ago

How come these guys get to send you their resume? I don't see you extended this invitation to women? Sexist?

38 months ago

Hey Phil,you never answered my question, dude. I sent you a scenerio and you never answered my question...I will be waiting...

38 months ago

Rizzogina

I apologize to you and the other women. So can you send me your resume and other women who have security experience to: phillcomeaux@hotmail.com I may have what are several security assignments involving travel to offer you this July.

38 months ago

Thank you Phil !! I am just keeping you on your toes...

38 months ago

Thank you rizzogina, don't forget my name and contact information,ok?

38 months ago

I just sent you my Resume, did you get it?
Thanks!
Keep in touch

38 months ago

Thanks Phil I will...I just sent you my Resume. Did you get it.
Keep in touch.

FAYE in Jackson, Mississippi

33 months ago

yarnell1964 in Decatur, Georgia said: SOTERIA FORCE IN ATLANTA GA NEED TO BE ON THAT LIST BECAUSE HE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE OFFICER HE CARE ABOUT MONEY WHEN EVERY YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE THE OWNER TO COURT FOR LOSE WAGES IT CRAZY.

HAVE NO FEAR OF THAT EVIL MY BROTHER BECAUSE GOD WILL MAKE YOUR ENEMIES YOUR FOOTSTOOL.BEFORE MR TILLERY LEAVE THIS WORLD,WOODROW MAYBE BEGGING YOU FOR A JOB TO WASH YOUR SECURITY CARS.GOD DON'T LIKE UGLYYY OR FOOLISNESS.(LOL)...PEACE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

FAYE in Jackson, Mississippi said: HAVE NO FEAR OF THAT EVIL MY BROTHER BECAUSE GOD WILL MAKE YOUR ENEMIES YOUR FOOTSTOOL.BEFORE MR TILLERY LEAVE THIS WORLD,WOODROW MAYBE BEGGING YOU FOR A JOB TO WASH YOUR SECURITY CARS.GOD DON'T LIKE UGLYYY OR FOOLISNESS.(LOL)...PEACE

Look Folks,
Stop feeling sorry for yourselves, fight back. What do you have to lose? How do you people sleep at night? Allowing people to walk over you and you do nothing to defend yourself. How do you look in the mirrow? How do you live with yourself? Where is your self repect? They can only do to you what you allow them to do.
If you are waiting for God to come down and fight your battles, you will be waiting for along time. God help those that help themselves. Wakeup, it is all about money. You have some rights.

I currently have several suits pending against one of the oldest and largest security company in the country. I was offered any out court settlement which I declined. I want them to defend themselve in a court of law. This is what they don't want to do. Give them the exposure and make them spend their money.
Think and write down what happen to you, make a case out of it. It cost me a great deal of time to prepare, about $50.00 in supplies.
That is the reason that I am on the list. But I am lovin it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.