ERMC OUT OF CHATANOGGA TN.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 738)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

201 in Roanoke, Virginia

81 months ago

THE ONLY THING THAT I CAN TELL YOU IS ( NEVER, NEVER, WORK FOR A COMPANY CALLED ERMC" THEY ARE IN ALL "CBL PROPERTIES" ERMC HAS THE WORSE OVERTURN RATE ON THE EAST COAST. FRANK MONGEON IS THE REGIONAL GUY FRO VA, PA, AND OH. IF YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS COMPANY, THINK ANOUT WORKING AT BURGER KING. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I WAS WITH THEM FOR 7 YEARS. I LEFT WITH A 2 1/2 WEEK NOTICE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

William Bender in Broomfield, Colorado

81 months ago

All security companys have a high overturn because the job is for some and not for others

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

by grant in Richmond, Virginia

80 months ago

total ???hole is Frank Mongeon...... has a Napoleon complex and suffers from memory loss.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ken in Richmond, Virginia

79 months ago

Never trust a man that cannot look you in the eye and calls you buddy all the time. He tries to belittle you and abuse you if he is worried that you might show him up or do a better job than him. One big question is why has ERMC put up with him and the complaints about him from employees of ERMC and ohter managers from CBL. Not too many more regions for him to go to. What does he have on someone at ERMC?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No Reply - Report abuse

O.J. in Douglasville, Georgia

78 months ago

They are in Douglasville,GA, I shop at the local Mall. I would rather try I.P.C they do all the Malls in the Metro Atlanta area. Training is Site specific,promotions pay for performance,and uniforms professional and comfortable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Spenser, Nashville TN in Nashville, Tennessee

77 months ago

I had worked for ERMC as a Security Director for 2 years. My time with them was filled with stupid challanges from the corporate office in Chattanooga, TN. Keep in mind the ERMC if a family owned company so when you might have a problem with one person, you actually have a problem with all of them. You are treated as a dumb slave and not as a professional trying to do your best.

Corporate was never supportive and simply lead by threats of being fired almost on a daily basis. Mr. So called, Rodney Jackson is a black racist and was always bulling people. I hated everyday working for them and I found a great company and for the first time, I actually enjoy going to work and doing my best. This problem with ERMC is system wide. I haven't found one person who had worked for ERMC to say they like working for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

O.J. in Douglasville, Georgia

77 months ago

Spenser, Nashville TN in Nashville, Tennessee said: I had worked for ERMC as a Security Director for 2 years. My time with them was filled with stupid challanges from the corporate office in Chattanooga, TN. Keep in mind the ERMC if a family owned company so when you might have a problem with one person, you actually have a problem with all of them. You are treated as a dumb slave and not as a professional trying to do your best.

Corporate was never supportive and simply lead by threats of being fired almost on a daily basis. Mr. So called, Rodney Jackson is a black racist and was always bulling people. I hated everyday working for them and I found a great company and for the first time, I actually enjoy going to work and doing my best. This problem with ERMC is system wide. I haven't found one person who had worked for ERMC to say they like working for them.

Spencer with your experience look for a I.P.C run Mall. email me at hurd_oscar@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Spenser, Nashville TN in Nashville, Tennessee said: I had worked for ERMC as a Security Director for 2 years. My time with them was filled with stupid challanges from the corporate office in Chattanooga, TN. Keep in mind the ERMC if a family owned company so when you might have a problem with one person, you actually have a problem with all of them. You are treated as a dumb slave and not as a professional trying to do your best.

I never had a problem with Rodney Jackson, just the jerk named Frank Mongeon-Regional Manager. What a piece of work.... What you say about Rodney sounds like Frank. What a company they are.........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MARTY in Mountain Top, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

FRANK IS A COMPLETE MORON. AND RODNEY JACKSON IS A BULLY FOR SURE. BUT IT DON`T STOP THERE . I WAS HURT AND COULD NOT WALK AND FRANK MADE ME COME TO WORK .THE NEXT DAY I WAS IN A WHEELCHAIR. AND YES HE AMONG OTHERS CONSTANTANTLY THREATEN YOU WITH YOUR JOB. I STARTED AS A GUARD AND WORKRD MY WAY UP TO SGT. THEN LT. AND THEN THE SECURITY DIRECTOR AT WHICH I WAS FOR THREE YEARS. FRANK CAME ALONG AND I COULD DO NOTHING RIGHT. NEVER A KIND WORD FROM HIM. AND I COULD NEVER DO MY JOB BECAUSE YOU HAD OPERATION MANAGER KISSIN THERE ASSES. AND I WORKRED FOR A BUNCH OF THIEVES WHO PROTECTED THIEVES AND WHEN YOU TOLD SOME BODY ABOUT IT YOU GOT THE KICK OIN THE ASS. THANK GOD I NO LONGER WORK FOR ERMC. THE WORST COMPANY EVER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MARTY in Mountain Top, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

O.J. in Douglasville, Georgia said: Spencer with your experience look for a I.P.C run Mall. email me at hurd_oscar@yahoo.com.

I COULN`T OF SAID IT ANY BETTER. I WORKED FOR THEM FOR FIVE YEARS.. I WAS A SECURITY DIRECTOR. FRANK WAS THE WORST REGIONAL MANAGER EVER. YOUR WORDS WERE NEVER SPOKEN ANY TRUER. BUT WE SURVIVED ERMC AND WE HAVE MOVED ON . BUT EVERY CHANCE I GET TO DISCREDIT ANYONE IN THAT COMPANY I WILL. I MOVED ON TO A BETTER PLACE AND HAVE TAKEN AWAY MOST OF THIER GOOD EMPLOYEES AND PUT THEM IN A BETTER WORK ENVIROMENT. NOW WHEN I WALK THROUGH THE MALL THEY HATE ME. I SMILE AND SAY WHO NOW GOT THE LAST LAUGH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

MARTY in Mountain Top, Pennsylvania said: I COULN`T OF SAID IT ANY BETTER. I WORKED FOR THEM FOR FIVE YEARS.. I WAS A SECURITY DIRECTOR. FRANK WAS THE WORST REGIONAL MANAGER EVER. YOUR WORDS WERE NEVER SPOKEN ANY TRUER. BUT WE SURVIVED ERMC AND WE HAVE MOVED ON . BUT EVERY CHANCE I GET TO DISCREDIT ANYONE IN THAT COMPANY I WILL. I MOVED ON TO A BETTER PLACE AND HAVE TAKEN AWAY MOST OF THIER GOOD EMPLOYEES AND PUT THEM IN A BETTER WORK ENVIROMENT. NOW WHEN I WALK THROUGH THE MALL THEY HATE ME. I SMILE AND SAY WHO NOW GOT THE LAST LAUGH.

Frank Mongeon, will do what he has to and say what he has to to make himself look good and yes, if you bring something to their attention about what is going on he acts like you are an idiot and dont know what you are talking about. Every stinking opportunity I get to not recommend them I will. When I left, I had a staff of 30 full and part time security officers, 24 left. The creme stayed to try and move up. Most horrible company to work for ever..........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

unknown in Greensboro, North Carolina

75 months ago

Ken in Richmond, Virginia said: Frank Mongeon, will do what he has to and say what he has to to make himself look good and yes, if you bring something to their attention about what is going on he acts like you are an idiot and dont know what you are talking about. Every stinking opportunity I get to not recommend them I will. When I left, I had a staff of 30 full and part time security officers, 24 left. The creme stayed to try and move up. Most horrible company to work for ever..........

Has anyone ever thought about contacting Emerson Russell about Frank Mongeon??? Wouldn't ERMC be very interested in the business ethics he is conducting for ERMC. He gives ERMC a bad reputation and obviously its working since no previous employee that worked with Frank has any positive comment to convey to any potential customers or new employees.
Its a sad situation that its gone on for this long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

O.J. in Douglasville, Georgia said: Spencer with your experience look for a I.P.C run Mall. email me at hurd_oscar@yahoo.com.

Has anyone ever thought about contacting Emerson Russell about Frank Mongeon??? Wouldn't ERMC be very interested in the business ethics he is conducting for ERMC. He gives ERMC a bad reputation and obviously its working since no previous employee that worked with Frank has any positive comment to convey to any potential customers or new employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Ken in Richmond, Virginia said: I never had a problem with Rodney Jackson, just the jerk named Frank Mongeon-Regional Manager. What a piece of work.... What you say about Rodney sounds like Frank. What a company they are.........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

by grant in Richmond, Virginia said: total ???hole is Frank Mongeon...... has a Napoleon complex and suffers from memory loss.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

unknown in Greensboro, North Carolina said: Has anyone ever thought about contacting Emerson Russell about Frank Mongeon??? Wouldn't ERMC be very interested in the business ethics he is conducting for ERMC. He gives ERMC a bad reputation and obviously its working since no previous employee that worked with Frank has any positive comment to convey to any potential customers or new employees.

Well alot of us dont seem to think that Emerson is too concerned about what Frank is doing. He seems to be allowing Frank's behavior and actions. I have been told that CBL has complained on Frank and all they have done is move him around. If it was one of us, we would have been fired or gotten rid of. The whole problem here seems to be a company that doesnt care for its employees or how they are treated and your employees can make you or break you. How can a company be successful with a horrible turnover rate in all its divisions, except upperlevel management.
It just seems that they use you and lose you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Ken in Richmond, Virginia said: Well alot of us dont seem to think that Emerson is too concerned about what Frank is doing. He seems to be allowing Frank's behavior and actions. I have been told that CBL has complained on Frank and all they have done is move him around. If it was one of us, we would have been fired or gotten rid of. The whole problem here seems to be a company that doesnt care for its employees or how they are treated and your employees can make you or break you. How can a company be successful with a horrible turnover rate in all its divisions, except upperlevel management.
It just seems that they use you and lose you.

Do you have any other suggestions, tell us who you are?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Oscar Hurd in Douglasville, Georgia

75 months ago

please can someone pick another topic? stop killing the same horse!!ok new topic 'The rise of female officers over male officers in this field' Is it because too many men dont want to comply to dress code,work ethics,non-criminal minded attitude,and drug policy? I think all the above! I do not have anything against female officers,but we know how criminals think and Men should stepup or shut up.We need to address the Gay officer rise next!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

ricardo garcia in Harlingen, Texas

75 months ago

201 in Roanoke, Virginia said: THE ONLY THING THAT I CAN TELL YOU IS ( NEVER, NEVER, WORK FOR A COMPANY CALLED ERMC" THEY ARE IN ALL "CBL PROPERTIES" ERMC HAS THE WORSE OVERTURN RATE ON THE EAST COAST. FRANK MONGEON IS THE REGIONAL GUY FRO VA, PA, AND OH. IF YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS COMPANY, THINK ANOUT WORKING AT BURGER KING. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I WAS WITH THEM FOR 7 YEARS. I LEFT WITH A 2 1/2 WEEK NOTICE.

well im sorry to hear that i worked with this company for some years, cant say much but i had a great boss by the name of Nick guerra who we worked together with a security company by the name of Valor whith i believe its a great company for training i learnd so much that when i started working for ERMC, our MAll became the training facility for every new security manager. at this time im working for someone else as a security officer which I believe that with a good leader comes a great employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

201 in Roanoke, Virginia

75 months ago

Hey Ricardo, when I first worked at my mall Valor was also the Security company that was their. Valor was the best security company I have ever work for. The reason you have such a plesent work place is that whoever comes from Valor Security Knows How To Do Secuirty Work And Knows How To Treat Their Officers. I'am not saying that ERMC is all the way around screwed up , but I f you only know Mr. Frank Mongeon you would understand. For example, I don't know if you have the YEP program in your mall but it deals with underaged mall shoppers that on Fridays and Saturdays after 6:00 PM the teens have to be with a parent or guardin over the aged of 18. WellMr. Mongeon stated and told the Mall Manager the Ops Manager the Security Chief and all the Security Officers in a big meeting that ( IF A OFFICER GETS A TEEN UNDER 18 HE WANTED US TO BRING THE GIRL OR BOY BACK TO THE OFFICE, AND CALL THEIR PARENT. THATS NOT THE PROBLEM, HE WANTED ONLY ONE OFFICER PRESNET " WITH A UNDERAGE GIRL OR BOY BEHIND CLOSED DOORS" Will I and my Chief brought this up to him and he stated it does not matter. CAN YOU IMAGINE IF THAT CHILD SAID YOU TOUCH HIM OR HER, YOU MIGHT AS WELL SHOOT YOURSELF, CAUSE YOUR GOOD NAME IS GONE. WE EVEN TOLD ARE MALL MANAGER, SHE DID NOTHING. MR. MONGEON HAS A HOLD ON SOMEONE IN THAT OFFICE AND HE KNOWS IT. I KNOW ERMC KNOWS ABOUT THE ISSUES WITH MR. MONEGON, BUT WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A COMPANY THAT STARTED OUT AS A JANTIORAL COMPANY. I WISH VALOR WOULD BUY THEM OUT. 

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

T.J in Nashville, Tennessee

75 months ago

Hello i am a corporal at Hickory Hollow Mall and I dont like ERMC because they dont care about your safety nor they dont want you to wear anything to protect yourself, they want us to be unarmed but they should aleast let us wear baton, taser, pepper spray and let the director have a concealed weapon on them because you never know what will happen. Second they dont pay corporal anything, i never heard of a job when you get promoted on and dont get a raise. Third ERMC policy is a ton of crap. And the YEP program is a waste of time because you cannot get all the youth out of a mall on the weekend, definely when it be pack. They dont give you no training and they dont care about people that have senority there at the place you work at, i have co-worker that been there for 4-8 years and they dont care nothing about their pay nor senority value. They will put someone else in the director spot that dont know about how the mall is ran and push the other people out of the way that was applying for the position that been there and know how the mall is ran and ERMC policy, JUST DONT WORK FOR ERMC, THIS COMPANY IS A TON OF S### !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

James in Concord, North Carolina

75 months ago

I've been working at a CBL mall for about two years. A few months ago I was promoted to corporal and, as T.J. noted, I got no additional pay nor training. All the training I received I paid for and arranged during my own time. Furthermore, my annual raise was a whopping fifteen cents. Which I wouldn't mind so much if gas wasn't the way it is. I actually enjoy the work in spite of CBL and ERMC; my coworkers are great... coworkers really make or break any job. Anyway, as soon as I'm out of college I told my boss he can either make me assistant director--which he's perfectly willing to do--or I'll need to go somewhere I can make more money.

Hmm, perhaps the Valor mall down the road. Or the Kane mall down the other road...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

201 in Roanoke, Virginia

75 months ago

Hey Corporal , first of all I'am totaly surprise that they gave you that title. Why you ask? When I was at my mallMr. Mongeon made a big fuss that ERMC does not have any other rank besides LT. SGt. Chief. He made me demote a young man that I felt deserved a pat on the back for a job well done. But Frank made me get rid of that rank. He claims that ERMC does not have LT. SGt. Chief, but guess what was in the mth news letter? It was a story about a "Corporal" who did a great job on a incident at a mall. Humm" I thought ERMC did not have that rank. TRUST ME RUN TO ANOTHER SECURITY COMPANY OR GO TO VALOR. PLEAZZZZZZZZ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Franks and Beans in Anchorage, Alaska

75 months ago

Aren't you guys worried about your Boss reading these posts and finding out who you are? You've included enough information so that it's not too difficult to figure it out.

Or do you not care?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

me in Harlingen, Texas

75 months ago

T.J in Nashville, Tennessee said: Hello i am a corporal at Hickory Hollow Mall and I dont like ERMC because they dont care about your safety nor they dont want you to wear anything to protect yourself, they want us to be unarmed but they should aleast let us wear baton, taser, pepper spray and let the director have a concealed weapon on them because you never know what will happen. Second they dont pay corporal anything, i never heard of a job when you get promoted on and dont get a raise. Third ERMC policy is a ton of crap. And the YEP program is a waste of time because you cannot get all the youth out of a mall on the weekend, definely when it be pack. They dont give you no training and they dont care about people that have senority there at the place you work at, i have co-worker that been there for 4-8 years and they dont care nothing about their pay nor senority value. They will put someone else in the director spot that dont know about how the mall is ran and push the other people out of the way that was applying for the position that been there and know how the mall is ran and ERMC policy, JUST DONT WORK FOR ERMC, THIS COMPANY IS A TON OF S### !!

You are right about some policy and directors they just need to get more training out thier for the officers, MALLs are like little citys some pepole think is just about walking and looking around. i have a great system on traiing officer i dont have us for it but a can fax it to any one. level 1 incident & accident report / bike riding / gangs training / handcuffing traning / patrol traning / and a weekly report that we help you on the monthly report, this weekly report is given to the mall manager every monday and it we give him or her a clue of all the incident on the weekend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

T.J in Nashville, Tennessee said: i dont care if my boss found out because it's just the facts and they cant say nothing, an that true that we do need training an that just helping people to found out how the job is.

Even if these are 'the facts', you should still be careful about putting your name out there. And yes, they can say 'something' about writing disparaging comments in a public forum. Tennessee is an "employment-at-will" state which means that you can be fired at any time without notice and for any reason.

At the very least, they could let you go for poor grammar . . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Franks and Beans in Anchorage, Alaska said: Even if these are 'the facts', you should still be careful about putting your name out there. And yes, they can say 'something' about writing disparaging comments in a public forum. Tennessee is an "employment-at-will" state which means that you can be fired at any time without notice and for any reason.

At the very least, they could let you go for poor grammar . . .

if they fired me for something like this, because of telling the truth about how things are ran at the mall because of lack of training me and my co-worker get, i will sue the hell out of them. They cant lay you off because of word like this. And you cant be scared to express your mind. And telling the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

T.J in Nashville, Tennessee said: if they fired me for something like this, because of telling the truth about how things are ran at the mall because of lack of training me and my co-worker get, i will sue the hell out of them. They cant lay you off because of word like this. And you cant be scared to express your mind. And telling the truth.

I'm not saying that you should not be expressing yourself or telling the truth. It's just that most people would not do it on an open forum like this unless you remain anonymous.

You need to realize that you can be fired for no reason in an "employment-at-will" state such as Tennessee.

There is, however, a "whistle blower" law that protects you from retaliation if you are reporting the wrong-doings of your employer. But your employer may let you go for something else and you might not be protected.

So go ahead and ignore my advice if you want to. I was just trying to help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

ok thanks for the help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

T.J in Nashville, Tennessee said: ok thanks for the help

You're welcome. Good luck with the job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

TJ,
You can express your thoughts and concerns. There is a agency called, EEOC in the federal government. If you are being discriminated against for certain reasons, you are entitled to complain to them. Go to the website: WWW.EEOC.GOV and see if you have a complaint. I think Franks and Beans is just warning you to be careful because you still work for ERMC. Be smart in how you deal with them, ok.....? No one wants to see you lose your job over bull....! If you have an agency in the Tenn. government that oversees security companies, then by all means complain to them if you have a valid complaint. ERMC is getting complaints in Virginia from those of us that have valid complaints with DCJS and with EEOC. Just be smart my brother in your comments and how you deal with ERMC and its staff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

ok thanks and i will do that

me in Harlingen, Texas

74 months ago

hey Hugo at Sunrise thanks for asking me to return to work for your staff. but thiers a bigger fish i whant its Operation Manager Ramon Arredondos jop i need. mmmmmmmmmmm I just need to talked to DEAR GLEN

just playing friend (GOT SCARED)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

unknown in Chattanooga, Tennessee

74 months ago

I need my job so I can't say what I do for Emerson Russell but he is a lying, mean SOB married at the hip to CBL. He abuses emplyees and keeps wages low, I am working hard to find another job because I already have to work another job just to make end meet. He knows I am struggling. The whole company is made to keep the money in the Russell family and to hide income by paying high salaries to several kids in different companies. He makes like we should be glad to work for such a demeaning compnay.

ERMC is not a good company to work for. Everybody there who is not family is afraid to say anything especially about Angela (who is mean) or that idiot Estes Cock (what a great name for that tool). Except for how Emerson tries to buddy up with the powerful I can't see how he keeps what he's got. you dare not question anything for fear of getting canned.

I know they are in a lot of trouble with various govenrmnets from all over the country due to the way they treat low paying employees. But they are always suing lots of people for stuff all the time. But I can't say how I know that vbecause they could figure out who I am and I can't lose this job until I find antoher one. They're always on me about what I'm doing on the phone or where I wnet on my lunch break.

I feel trapped in this lousy job because I know i will need a recommendatino from them and they are so mean I don't know what kind of thing they will say just to hurt me. I wish I had never gone to work here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Former ERMC security officer in Roanoke, Virginia

74 months ago

I use to be a security\training officer for ERMC in another Va mall a few years ago I was never late always on time stayed over when others wouldn't worked holidays and whenever they needed me I was there I did this because the officers I worked with where a tight knit group and where like family though I didn't like ERMC I loved the people I worked with and the mall. In the time I was there I was the first responder to a good part of all the calls we got and there records show I was there alot the pay was lousy but I enjoyed my job the security director was always helpful when I had emergency's or needed time off. We had a situation where a guy was taking pictures of teenagers and younger girls the guy was defiant and uncooperative and while escorting him off the property me and the guy had words and I lost my temper and taking off my duty belt after being asked twice to stand down and let the guy go and I apologized for my actions. The next day the guy made a complaint about me from the guy we barred I told the director at the time that I admitted I was wrong and that I would take whatever disapline that was needed which I thought was going to be a few days of suspention but I was informed later that day that I was to be fired and that decision was made by Rodney Jackson and Frank Mongeon despite the fact that I never had a complaint and I had the support of the entire staff. Mr. Jackson and Mr. Mongeon had no intention what so ever of asking me what happened and never had any intention of having my back they just wanted to sweep it under the rug and forget it happened. I guess the hard work and dedication to the company doesn't matter to a company like ERMC. Since leaving I've been with 2 other security companies and both have highly recommended me and had no complaints.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Larry Heisner

74 months ago

me in Harlingen, Texas said: You are right about some policy and directors they just need to get more training out thier for the officers, MALLs are like little citys some pepole think is just about walking and looking around. i have a great system on traiing officer i dont have us for it but a can fax it to any one. level 1 incident & accident report / bike riding / gangs training / handcuffing traning / patrol traning / and a weekly report that we help you on the monthly report, this weekly report is given to the mall manager every monday and it we give him or her a clue of all the incident on the weekend.

Would be very interested in seeing this training. Can it be e-mailed? Does it cost?
Sonlar61@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

surprised in Las Vegas, Nevada

74 months ago

I'm not surprised.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former ERMC Officer in Orlando, Florida

74 months ago

I don't know that ERMC is really any worse (or better) than a lot of private security companies. During my time working for them (in Southeast Tennessee) several officers were let go for responding to a couple of male subjects that were out of control inside of a restaurant on mall property. Several local police officers were also involved in the situation (one of the male subjects even attempted to remove a police officer's weapon although he was not successful). One male subject ran into the restaurant and started throwing tables around. While it was going on the management of the restaurant was very supportive of officers, but later they complained to mall management. I was involved but not let go due to the fact that all of my involvement had been outside the restaurant. The Security Director and Assistant Director were very supportive of the officers in the field, but as previously stated by others the upper level management of the company really had no clue what day to day work in the field was like. (The company even terminated the Assistant Director over this incident.) Because our location was so close to ERMC headquarters upper level management felt that allowing us to become mace trained would look bad on the company (certain officers were handcuff trained), however this totally ignored the fact that there was ever increasing gang activity (and general crime) in that area of the city. I think what happens in situations such as this though is that many of these companies need to "win" the low bid, and as such they are willing to hire at low pay and fire on a wim to keep costs low. Also, sadly I think many in corporate America still view security as a low priority. I think eventually private security will evolve into a professional occupation that attracts higher education and higher pay, however, its going to take some time, unfortunatley, for people to get over the view of private security as being a job "anyone" can do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

T.J in Boonville, Indiana

74 months ago

well as u can see nobody on here has said anything good about ERMC or mall management because they dont know nothing about field work as a security guard at the mall u work at, they come once or twice a year an they think they know how the mall is then or how the mall is run an when they think u have did something wrong then u are out of a job. but that how they treat u

74 months ago

Very true TJ. As I said before ERMC upper management was afraid that allowing us to carry mace would look bad for the company, but they apparently didn't take our safety as field officers into consideration. I think their actual reason was that officers carrying mace would make it appear as though the mall was not a safe place. It made no difference whether it was safe or not just as long as it appeared to be safe (or as some people in the mall used to call it - "creating the illusion of security"). One day while I was on vehicle patrol behind a building that was a little ways from the main mall building I got out with what at first I thought was an abandoned vehicle. It turned out not only was it not abandoned, but one of the occupants exited the vehicle and pulled a knife on me. Luckily this driver was very young (just 16), so I was able to scare him into backing away until our dispatcher could get a police response for me. I couldn't help but think how useful the mace would have been in that case. In previous employment with law enforcement I have seen people back off from detention officers when they simply unholster or unholster and shake the mace. I understand this doesn't work all the time, but having something other than a very small flashlight and a radio would have been nice. My fiance that night asked me why I would risk my life in a job that only paid a little over seven dollars an hour. The easy answer was that I was in need of income, but truthfully I guess what kept me going back for so long was that really I enjoyed working with the group of officers on my shift. I enjoyed the times when I knew that I had really made a difference in a situation (and yes as many of you know there are plenty of times as a mall security officer when you do things that make a difference for someone). I left that job because I had found a higher paying job back in my original field of training, and ultimately I moved away from the area down to Central Florida

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mr. Brooklyn in Lynchburg, Virginia

74 months ago

I just received a phone call from a friend of mine about this site. What a great F-ing site. First let me tell you a little something about me, mall security was very good to me.I spent from 1987-2007 doing this job. I Started from the bottom and grew to the top, after a four year stint in one of the greatest military branches in the U.S. (Marine Corps, of course ). I started in a mall in New York, then two malls in Virginia and one mall in North Carolina, of course, if anybody has been around back in the day. In-house security is the best, but times and mall corporate office's change. The concept of mall security changed,the culpability of liabilty changed and the mall's wanted someone else to be responsilble for security's action. I did not agree with going with the "contract theory" because as everybody knows, they worry about their bottom line and not their employees.I tried with a couple of a companies. The first company was Chesley Brown Int. Although my friend who might read this, might not agree with me, they were a pretty good company. Employee's were a major factor in their company, most of their higher echelon were retired cops and or retired military and very security minded when dealing with their officers and situations that happened in a mall environment,they worked very close with mall management and let their Security Director do his or her job. The second contract company was called Valor Security, another great company to work for,security minded,employee minded and worked very good with mall management and let their Security Director's do their job. Now the next company I worked for was ERMC Security. In my true honest opinion. THEY ARE A BAD COMPANY TO WORK FOR. THEY ARE NOT EMPLOYEE FRIENDLY,THEY DO NOT WORK WELL WITH MALL MANAGEMENT AND ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THEIR BOTTOM LINE AND BUBBLE GUM INCOME. The safety of the officers comes last. I do not understand why CBL Properties except their unprofessional attitude and meanor in their mall's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FRANK WHAT A PEACE in Roanoke, Virginia

74 months ago

By the way If this who I think it is YOU ARE THE BEST CHIEF I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR. HIT ME UP SOMETIMES. O YEAH I STILL GOT THAT BIG TV. O YEAH WE TOOK HIM HOME BEACAUSE HE'D SMELLED, AND WE WASH HIS CLOTHES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I heard (could be rumor) that some of the ERMC upper management were on the CBL board. Like I say that could be a rumor, or just one of those things circulated to try to explain the connection between CBL and ERMC. Also, Mr. Brooklyn, I agree that in-house security is usually better to work for than contract. I think this is because the management understands how security relates to the overall business enviornment and plan. Like you I think contract security, unfortunately, has been seen by many companies as a way of "shoving off" security issues and blame on someone else.

74 months ago

201-From Roanoke, Yea it's me , miss you bud, I told a mutual friend of ours, when I get to Roanoke again, I will look you up, I work for the state now, will fill you in the details later,if you see 202 tell him I said hay, you guys were the best. Be good -See you soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Just curious are unit IDs in the 200s the norm for ERMC? The reason I ask is the location I worked at also used 200 unit IDs. I was 211.

Former ERMC Security Officer in Roanoke, Virginia

74 months ago

Mr. Brooklyn, 201 and myself work together we've been trading stories back and fourth it would be good to hear from you again.

73 months ago

Former ERMC worker,not sure who you are, If we worked together, I hope it was a good experience. I will be getting in touch with 201 soon and we can get together and share some
laughs about our history with ERMC, be good, be safe --Former 200.

Former ERMC Security Officer in Roanoke, Virginia

73 months ago

I was in Lynchburg working for your protege haha! I almost came to work in Roanoke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

U KNOW IT in Roanoke, Virginia

73 months ago

IS IT TRUE THAT FRANK GOT CA? IF SO HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73 months ago

Gentlemen, Look it's not a good thing for anybody to loose their job, if indeed he did. Let it be a learning experience to anyone who goes into their job. Thinking only about him or herself. With any job or task, building a foundation is the key to any success. Believing and relying on your team is the only way to succeed in business or even in life. Let me know if this true or only goosip.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.