ERMC OUT OF CHATANOGGA TN.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (701 to 738 of 738)
Page:  « First « Previous   12  13  14  15   

anon in Chattanooga, Tennessee

28 months ago

Also, for those in the "lower rungs", you guys making $8-$10.00 an hour. Don't feel too bad.

Emerson Russell treats his corporate guys the same way. And quite a few of them have been fired at the snap of a finger.

You can take a stroll around Chattanooga, and you won't have to go too far to find someone with an old bone to pick with good ol' Emerson.

Google his name, you'll also find alot of interesting reading.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

barneyfife in Chattanooga, Tennessee

28 months ago

and the uniforms fall apart after 3 washings. . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Teddy Bing in American Samoa

28 months ago

Tony,
Man you are something else! You worked for ERMC for years and got treated like crap but you got fired and begging to have your job back. They got rid of you for several reasons:
1) You continually bashed the company you worked for on this site... MIGHT I ADD WHILE
STILL EMPLOYED WITH SAID COMPANY!
2) You've lied to your supervisors to keep your job. Do you really think they can trust
you when you've lied!?
3) 3rd shift supervisor.....really....you worked by yourself. Who where you
supervising? Which leads to number 4....
4) You fell asleep on the job a few times either in the office or in the vehicle. I know
of 2 seperate occasions where I walked in you where laid back with the radio going
and I walked in and out without you even noticing.
5) Some of the things you did at that mall made no sense whatsoever!!

I have been with ERMC for a few years now and you know why I am still here (and please take this as some advice your going to need it when you do find a job) KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT ...do your job and look for better employment. This will be my only comment on this matter.

I know Mcdonalds and Burger King are hiring.....

Tony Lloyd in Bedford, Virginia

28 months ago

I don't know anyone from America Samoa. Most likely a false address. I have made a few comments against ERMC, I admit that. I'm not the only one that made some comments against Management. I should of kept quite< but you have read other comments on this page against ERMC, not Mine. As Far as Telling lies to my Supervisors, That is wrong. You said you are still with the company, and you act as if you know me. You know that a couple of times The Director used @ Officers on 3rd Shift, at least a few times, and since you claim to know me, you know what time the other officer's shift ended. Now my question to you is what have I done to you, and who are you?

Tony Lloyd in Bedford, Virginia

28 months ago

I don't know anyone from America Samoa. Most likely a false address. I have made a few comments against ERMC, I admit that. I'm not the only one that made some comments against Management. I should of kept quite< but you have read other comments on this page against ERMC, not Mine. As Far as Telling lies to my Supervisors, That is wrong. You said you are still with the company, and you act as if you know me. You know that a couple of times The Director used @ Officers on 3rd Shift, at least a few times, and since you claim to know me, you know what time the other officer's shift ended. Now my question to you is what have I done to you, and who are you?

28 months ago

First of all Mr. Lloyd, who I am is none of your concern. I have read many of your posts and noticed there are a few other former disgruntled employees from that particular mall that have posted on here but the differance with them is that they knew when to keep their mouth shut. You said you haven't lied well here is an excert from one of your posts:
Ok I admit it I lied to try to keep my job. I said everything that was placed on this blog. except for the letter my wife wrote, about ERMC. I regret lieing.
Second you posted work schedules and who Directors of Security where at that mall onto this fourm. You ever thought about? In your rants and whining about the company you didn't bother to think about putting information like to available!!! Fuss and complain all you want but you sir should watch what you say. Good day to you sir.

my22 in nashville, Tennessee

28 months ago

Tony in bedford is there a way to talk to you other than this blog?

Tony L. in Bedford, Virginia

28 months ago

my22 in nashville, Tennessee said: Tony in bedford is there a way to talk to you other than this blog?

That depends on who you are, and why you want to talk to me.

28 months ago

I have to admit. you have plucked my nerves, congrats on that. You have several issues against me, I would like to address.
You said I lied to my supervisors. I admit I have made Mistakes, and Bonehead decisions. Congrats you called my bluff. I can only pray, that my former supervisors can find it in their hearts to forgive me.
You said you cought me sleeping on the job, at least twice. You cought me again congrats on that, too. I admit that I am the only Security Officer, to ever nod off on 3rd shift. You forgot to mention that I made every round that was required on 3rd shift. That can be some what proven by the patrol wond that was used, except the wond malfuntioned more than it worked. I stopped useing the wond, due to all the times it malfunctioned, I than made foot patrols inside the mall.
I also made all the lot patrols, that was required, that can be proven by the Security Vehicle Log Sheets. The log sheet is to be filled out everytime the Security Vehicle is used, kind of. There were numerous times, that 2nd shift didn't fill out the log sheet, I wonder what policy is about that?
You said that I didn't do my job. Lets address this issue. My first round on 3rd shift is the most important round I make. I have to make sure that the mall is secure. One of the first things I do is check all of the entrance, and exits. YOU know second shift locks up the mall, well kind of. I know that sometimes when mall employees leave, they don't shut the exits behind them. When I found an exit locked, but not shut, I know an employee has left. In my DAR, I would document closed FC#7, or FC#6, and etc. Than there are the doors that should be locked aren't. I document that in my DAR, by writting locked Chiller Room, Locked Chiller Room Rear double doors, Locked roof hatch, and etc. I had to lock those doors so many times, I can't remember how many times I found those doors unlocked, no matter how many times I had to lock doors behind 2nd shift.

28 months ago

2nd shift would always put in their DARs, locked all doors. My next point is when I check the Public Restrooms on my first round, I would find Graffitti on the restroom walls, or doors, but the graffitti was never documented in any of 2nd shifts DARs. What was up with that?
The biggest Bonehead mistake I made was in June, and July, when I made derogatory Comments on facebook, And this blog about having to scrub the mall floors on 3rd shift. That was very stupid of me. I violated company policy. You talk about every idiotic mistake I made.
Lets talk about a few things you don't know about. I know there were at least 2 times, when I came to work. I saw a female security officer setting in a male officer's lap. I wonder what policy was about that? One of the afore mentioned Security Officers, admitted to me that, there was actual sexual acts done by them in the security office, what was policy on this? At least that was what was told to me.
Lets talk about another incident. A co-worker left what I concidered a written threat to me on the grease board in the break room. The message was if I remember correctly was as follows. L---- you smell like diarrhea, and shave that S--- off of your face. Do not report this. Well as far as I know that Security Officer still works at the mall. What was policy on making a threat to a co-worker?
You told me that I should keep my mouth shut. Well as you have read I have kept my mouth shut, maybe too long. Maybe just maybe you are that former co-worker that left the threat on the board in the breakroom.

28 months ago

Alright Lloyd,
First I am glad you finally admitted to your mistakes and that some of the reasons and some of the things you have said on this board are untrue, kudos to you sir. Now I have to answer a few other things.
1) I am not the officer who wrote on that board. I know who it was but I wasn't there on the day of this happening.
2) You do have a tendacy to smell no one has ever really said anything because they didn't want to hurt your feelings and you should have shaved more often.
3) Officers, in the past, have tried to joke and kid with you, trying to be your friend and you took things serious and complained about it.
4) If you saw the female officer sitting in another officer's lap how come you didn't report THAT!? There have been far worse things going on in that mall way before I got there, I should know I heard the stories about your so called "good ole days".
5) Officers specially the Sgt checked the bathrooms frequently but during closing sometimes they had to be looked over because of closing.
6) Are you saying the 3 or 4 supervisors you had during your time there didn't do their jobs?
7) I know you did lot patrols but I know a few times you had kids loitering and you didn't say anything you just drove right on by every time you drove around!!
This is getting tiresome I have proven my point and the end of this arguement is nigh.

m22 in nashville, Tennessee

28 months ago

Might be some information you can use.But admitting to things you have not been wrote up for is not logical.

Tony L. in Rocky Mount, Virginia

28 months ago

Ok if you are able to help me fine, I will listen to you. Yes I have made mistakes, I'm only human. To answer your question, Try Twitter, and or Facebook.
Thanks for wanting to help. This person saying he is from American Samoa, has done a great job getting under my skin. Maybe you can help, I think ERMC has been black balling me, I can't find a job any where, not even flipping burgers.

28 months ago

This blog, or page was created by a former Asst. Security Director from Roanoke. It was made for Former, and or present Emplyoees, who have issues with ERMC. The idea of this blog was to talk about why people are unhappy with the way they are being treated.
We talk to each other, because Management wont listen to us. Some where along the line ERMC Management got wind of this blog, and have started monatering this blog daily, now people are afraid to say anything from fear of being fired. Now employees, and former employees have know one they can talk to, because of Management, and people like you. I don't know who you are or even if you work for ERMC. Maybe you should go to Tenn. Get yourself a desk job. One more thing, like I said I don't know you, I have made a lot of comments on this blog, I felt very angry at times. My question is what have I done to you, not ERMC, but you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Lloyd, I'll answer your questions but in doing so answer mine. You asked me what I have against you. Well here is what I think, you put out way to much info on here about work schedules and what officers do during work. Someone could come on this site read that and who knows what could happen. That is detrimental to not only the mall but to the people who work there. Some of the things you put on here makes you sound like your a victim and that is bs, some of it is of your own doing. Stop making it out like it's the company all the time. Your not being blackballed by ERMC and it's no big conspiracy against you or anything like that. In this economy it's hard to find work but the work is out there if you actually try hard enough to look for it. That's why I find you funny and at the same time you have a way of pissing me off by some of the things you post on here and that is why I have issues with you and felt the need to call you out. Some of the people on here I commend for speaking out against the company, yes, I work for ERMC but I am not happy on some company policies and want to say something but I use my head and don't just shoot off at the mouth on some fourm and that is why I still have a job. I don't wish ill will or cuss and carry on like I have seen people on here do and those kind of comments and actions hinder the hard work of the people who are trying to better things on the inside for those still working for ERMC. So now that I have answered your questions, answer mine.

28 months ago

I am not to sure what your question is. I will try to answer for my actions, at least to the best of my ability.
You say that I am talking BS. About ERMC. Yea I have made some snap judgements, against ERMC. I found out I was Wrong. Some of the things that happen at that paticular mall, I felt was directed at me. I felt like ERMC was acting agsinst me.
The issue I think you are speaking about, was the comments I made about having to scrub the mall floors on 3rd shift. The comments I made are posted, and can't nothing be done to change that. I agree with you now, the comments I made are/were stupid. I actualy could caused a major Security threat. All I can say is thank God the small town, that this paticular Mall is in, is not a larger city. As far as I know nothing has happened at that Mall, because of my stupidity.
The reason I made such a boneheaded comment, was simple, it was like a slap in the face to me. I felt I was doing the best job I could for ERMC. To thank me for doing all I could do for this company, they slapped me with this punishment, or as I felt this indignity. That was how I felt. I hope I answered your question, let me know if I did answer you.

madlawnmower in Rossville, Georgia

28 months ago

Emerson Russel is a dirty **** in his own right. The man got where he is buy stealing from others and any businessmen that have delt with him will say the same. He hires family into positions that they are WAY underqualified for and pays them a ridiculous wage for doing it! This company is definitely all about who you know and don't piss off rather than how good you are at what you were hired to do. Don't be suprised if there are labor laws being broken in this company but being covered up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former ERMC employee from Lynchburg in Austin, Texas

28 months ago

I heard that the CBL\ERMC mall in Lynchburg, Va. got rid of RSG, the landscaping contractors in favor of making 2 ERMC employees as landscaping employees to cut the grass and do all the jobs RSG did. Like 2 people can do everything a team of RSG landscapers did in 2 or 3 days to try and keep the place at least decent looking.

barneyfife in Cleveland, Tennessee

27 months ago

interesting just saw ad posted for Acct Mgr in Pearland to takeover landscaping supervision. Must be another landscaping contractor out the door.

27 months ago

Emerson Russell is the one getting robbed.Check the salary of some of the security supervisors at the small malls and the work they don't do for it.Along with the security guards that worry about the consequences of actually protecting property and handling incidents involving undesirables that may retaliate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wild Bill in Raleigh, North Carolina

26 months ago

m22 in nashville, Tennessee said: Emerson Russell is the one getting robbed.Check the salary of some of the security supervisors at the small malls and the work they don't do for it.Along with the security guards that worry about the consequences of actually protecting property and handling incidents involving undesirables that may retaliate.

You are an ignorant woman of the night.

26 months ago

Wild Bill in Raleigh, North Carolina said: You are an ignorant woman of the night.

Questons???Do you work for ERMC?Do you know of a Security Supervisor trying to get an employee to file a sexual harassment complaint against another employee.Then threaten to start writing an employee up because they refused to be a part of it.Do you know of a Security Supervisor that handed an employee sergeant stripes because they radioed for help several times and the sergeant that did show up said (I don't get paid enough to deal with this crap with several witness standing there one being the district manager over the store)just to be told by the operation manager that certain procedures have to be followed through before anyone can wear the stripes.Do you know of a security supervisor that said they will write an employee up but they have a best friend that is a sergeant that works inside the mall for several merchants and does several other things that are against company policy.

Phil in Tallmadge, Ohio

26 months ago

ERMC is terrible plain and simple. Worked for them as a security guard at one of the worse mall in Ohio. When I mean worse.... Dirty, trouble makers, stores are leaving, and etc. There are banks across the street from the mall that are constantly getting robbed. We don't carry any sort of protection, so if one of those robbers decided to run into the mall with a gun. You can bet your a** were running. Did I mention we get pay $8 an hour?... ERMC refuse to let anyone go full-time because they don't want to offer benefits. We received words that we should of gotten a raised months ago, but it never kicked in. They bullied us like no other. Acting like we don't know how to do our job. They expect us to clean and pick up trash (there's maintenance for a reason).
There's no room for growth. This job is only good for college students looking for work while still in school. We had a few new guys hired in only to quit 1-2 weeks later.
The only good thing I can say about working for ERMC, is the other guards I worked with. They have the same complaint about the company as me. But they were good people.

Thankfully,I found a better job.

The NightOwl in Raleigh, North Carolina

26 months ago

Phil in Tallmadge, Ohio said: ERMC is terrible plain and simple. Worked for them as a security guard at one of the worse mall in Ohio. When I mean worse.... Dirty, trouble makers, stores are leaving, and etc. There are banks across the street from the mall that are constantly getting robbed. We don't carry any sort of protection, so if one of those robbers decided to run into the mall with a gun. You can bet your a** were running. Did I mention we get pay $8 an hour?... ERMC refuse to let anyone go full-time because they don't want to offer benefits. We received words that we should of gotten a raised months ago, but it never kicked in. They bullied us like no other. Acting like we don't know how to do our job. They expect us to clean and pick up trash (there's maintenance for a reason).
There's no room for growth. This job is only good for college students looking for work while still in school. We had a few new guys hired in only to quit 1-2 weeks later.
The only good thing I can say about working for ERMC, is the other guards I worked with. They have the same complaint about the company as me. But they were good people.

Thankfully,I found a better job.

You are a wise man, Phil in Tallmadge, Ohio.

Commander Leopard in Raleigh, North Carolina

25 months ago

Triangle Town Center is the worst place in the world.

24 months ago

Hey, Mr. Teddy Bing, you haven't made any comments about my last entry.
Well I have good news. I am working Security again, and I didn't have to flip any burgers. it feels good to be working again.
As for Frank Mongion, and Ellen from ERMC Human Relations whom fired me. No bad feelings guys, wish you luck with ERMC in the future.
Now for all you people who work for ERMC, and don't like the way you are being treated. My advice to you is find another job as fast as you can. Don't rant or complain about ERMC, until you find another job, and you are working that new job.
Best of luck in the future guys. Peace Out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Barney Fife in Chattanooga, Tennessee

24 months ago

Tony L. in Rocky Mount, Virginia said: Hey, Mr. Teddy Bing, you haven't made any comments about my last entry .
Well I have good news. I am working Security again, and I didn't have to flip any burgers. it feels good to be working again.
As for Frank Mongion, and Ellen from ERMC Human Relations whom fired me. No bad feelings guys, wish you luck with ERMC in the future.
Now for all you people who work for ERMC, and don't like the way you are being treated. My advice to you is find another job as fast as you can. Don't rant or complain about ERMC, until you find another job, and you are working that new job.
Best of luck in the future guys. Peace Out.

Congrats glad to hear things are turning around. GOOD LUCK!

teddybing in Waynesboro, Virginia

24 months ago

Lloyd,

Have fun at your new job and don't trash them. Which is probably either Richmond Security, Old Dominion, Securitas, or Security Forces!

L2K in nashville, Tennessee

21 months ago

Did all locations quit using timesheets to record clock in and out times?

Saeed5 in San Leandro, California

21 months ago

Hello Everyone,
I am a middle age male from CA. I am a security executive with over a decade of experience on my belt. I was recently offered an admin position with ERMC and decided to do some research on their company and that's how I ended up here. I gotta say I'm not sure what to think. The pay they're offering (for this particular position) isn't an issue. It's actually one of the highest I know of in private security. So I'm sitting here left to wonder whether everything I'm reading is valid or if the majority linked to this blog are the typical whiny a$$es that you sometimes see in the security field. Now, by no means am I insulting or degrading anyone by any of what I'm about to say, however, I couldn't help but notice that the context of some of the complaints and/or verb-age used to write the complaint/s as well as the ignorance portrayed on certain issues, have an uncanny resemblance to remarks made by past employees of mine that consistently exhibited poor work ethic. I'm sure that some of you might have valid complaints. No organization is going to please every employee. But if you really think you have a chance winning a lawsuit when you get fired over this blog, consider this; 98% of all whistle blower lawsuits are ruled in favor of the employer not the employee. One blog says ERMC is "always in trouble" with governments from all over the country..... Were are you getting this info? There are no complaints filed with the BBB. I've read about a few lawsuits, but they mainly stem from ill-conceived actions of lower level SO's and not ERMC Administration (ie: Terence Scott vs. ERMC, Montgomery County, Alabama). And to the blogger who "lost his temper," "took" his "belt off," was "asked twice to stand down," and "let the guy go"..... It blows me away that you even question their decision to terminate you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Saeed5 in San Leandro, California

21 months ago

If what you meant by "let the guy go" indicates that you physically restrained him in any manner, then you need to thank God he didn't file class 'C' assault charges on you and sue the company. I've been a fully licensed commissioned peace officer throughout my entire private security career and I've been involved in a situation such as what you explained. In the end, I ended up taking the guard to the county jail for terroristic threat. You are trained to "OBSERVE AND REPORT." You're not a bouncer or a peace officer, but simply a deterrent towards breaches of the peace through the concept of professional and/or command presence. Take your job seriously and be the best at what you do, but the training you went through to acquire your guard license should have clearly stated that other than to protect yourself and/or a third party, you are not to engage in any physical contact with a subject as a normal function of your duties. If you wanna put the bad guys behind bars, and protect and serve, then go through your local police academy and join a law enforcement agency. As I said though, SO's have just as important of a job being a deterrent towards criminal activity through observation and presence alone. As a cop that worked in a very dangerous cop hating community, I can honestly say that the stress level of most of the disturbances I went on was dramatically lowered the minute the 'actor/s' realized the police where on scene. Why? Command and/or professional presence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

nunyadambiznus in Roanoke, Virginia

20 months ago

Saeed,

I know the man your talking about personally and I doubt he comes on this forum anymore to see someone bashing him but I take offense to what your saying. The man in question moved on to bigger and better things, he worked tirelessly at his job and if you needed him, he was there. He came onto our security company as an armed officer and worked his way up the ranks. Hard working, always thinking before acting, always ready to lend a helping hand if needed. Personally if I had to guard the gates from hell I would want him by my side. I'm glad he cut himself lose from ERMC, it's the worst damn security company I have ever seen and they don't look out for their employees. Their loss was our gain and while he was here for 4 years he made massive strides to help our company. I keep in touch and he is now in law enforcement making still the same man like he was at ERMC except he's much more successful then jerks who stand up for ERMC. Have fun with this dump of a company!

mpp1020 in Atlanta, Georgia

19 months ago

201 in Roanoke, Virginia said: THE ONLY THING THAT I CAN TELL YOU IS ( NEVER, NEVER, WORK FOR A COMPANY CALLED ERMC" THEY ARE IN ALL "CBL PROPERTIES" ERMC HAS THE WORSE OVERTURN RATE ON THE EAST COAST. FRANK MONGEON IS THE REGIONAL GUY FRO VA, PA, AND OH. IF YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS COMPANY, THINK ANOUT WORKING AT BURGER KING. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I WAS WITH THEM FOR 7 YEARS. I LEFT WITH A 2 1/2 WEEK NOTICE.

You know had I known prior to starting with this company that I would be working with a guy like Frank Mongeon then I would I have went with another company. This guy has the worst management skills that I have ever seen in my career. One of these days ERMC is going to get sued because of this guy and when it happens I want to be there to see Frank go to jail and lose everything he has in his misreable life. This guy has memory loss worse than my dad does. It's what ever he can do to make himself look good and in the process dump on those who work under him. Maybe his current clients will wake up and relize the people he has ran off tried to tell them about his lack of professioanlizm.

Mr. Pibb in Atlanta, Georgia

19 months ago

I don't claim to know it all, but I will say if you ever come across Frank Mongeon with this company or any other company (if they ever get rid of him for lying and memory loss), run the other way stay away from this guy. I've been in this line of work for a long time and I have never seen a company let someone like Frank Mongeon get away with the stuff he does. He will tell the client one thing, then turn right around and say the opposite to his staff. Fully knowing that he is wrong, and that the client is going to come down hard on the officer's for not doing what was asked of them. I hope that his current client's wake up soon and relize that this guy in a two headed snake, and lies ever chance he get's. He is going to cause legal troubles for everyone on site.

Phillip in Farmer City, Illinois

17 months ago

I had a friend who worked for this Company. She had been there for over a year, they were pleased with her work that they promoted her to SGT. Any time that they called her in for extra work, she worked. Most of the time she worked from 50-60 hours a week. Double Shifts and 5 hour turn arounds. A couple of months after she made SGT. the Boss told her that she could not talk the way she has always spoke her whole life or she would get fired. Management get by with anything with this Company, The have a Boss that showed up in the middle of the night drunk, yelling, and cursing at all the employees. He also clocks in and leaves the property to go to his other job to work while on Company time. He has been turned in but nothing has been done about him. My Friend has told her Boss numerous times that an Officer who has been there for over 6 months still is not doing what he is told. The Boss never would talk to the Officer. When the Boss had to work with the Officer a Tenant was beaten up in the middle of the Mall and the Officer would not do anything to help. The Boss told him that if he wasn't so short-handed he would of fired him right then. The SGT. yelled (not cussed like the Boss said) at the Officer for not doing his job and ended up getting fired over this. I am glad I am a retired Securtiy Officer because this Company gives Security a bad name. Especially when they let the Managers get by with showing up drunk and falsifying being at the Site when they are not. My Friend was done wrong and I wish everyone good luck with this Company who works for them!! Sincerely Phillip

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aw104 in high point, North Carolina

17 months ago

Is it a company wide policy raises or only a 2 or 3 percent increase on your hourly raise?And where did this logic come from since new hires make more than others that have been with the company for several years?Some new ones will be getting a 25 cent increase while others get a 15 cent increase.Please tell me how the raises work because at one time I was told it was by performance but that is not true.And why would a company let someone be hired in at more than what others that have been with the company for years make.I have been with the company for years and just a month after being hired in others where hired in at more and I have worked for less than new people ever since.My attendance and work performance is not an issue.

Ney Son in Nashville, United States minor outlying islands

13 months ago

Boycott companies associated with ERMC
thepetitionsite.com/454/350/164/boycott-companies-associated-with-ermc/

re: scheduling in Morristown, Tennessee

11 months ago

I think since we all went to part time shifts that it should be a rotating shift.Since new employees get to pick no weekend shifts.I think it would be fair to rotate so that others that have been loyal to ermc company can get weekends off also.Old employees left with what the others does not want to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   12  13  14  15   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.