HIRING AN SECURITY OFFICER WHO DOES'NT HAVE A CLEAN BACKGROUND

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

MOSES WALLS in Jacksonville, Florida

86 months ago

I WAS DENIED MY LICENSE IN JUNE 2007 AFTER I ATTENDED AN HEARING THE DEPARTMENT RESCINDED MY DENIAL . MY QUESTION IS WHY IS IT SO MUCH TROUBLE GETTING A JOB IN SECURITY WHEN THE STATE APPROVED ME FOR A LICENSE ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

lab jove in Miami, Florida

78 months ago

Welcometoflorida15 in Flagler Beach, Florida said: because each company still does a criminal background check, there are a whole bunch of disqualifying Felonies and Misdemeanors, it does not matter that you have a Security License, there are NO guarantees that you will get a job....like having a CDL Drivers License and never driving a Tractor Trailer, just because ya got it....dont mean you are gonna get hired.....go to Winn-Dixie or Publix and get a job there....keep your Security License in your wallet, it will make a GREAT conversation Piece one day........just another way for the state to make $$$$$$, I cant figure why there is a Budget Problem?????? WELCOME TO FLORIDA!!!!!!!!

i wanna join in that team.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kay in Capitol Heights, Maryland

70 months ago

MOSES WALLS in Jacksonville, Florida said: I WAS DENIED MY LICENSE IN JUNE 2007 AFTER I ATTENDED AN HEARING THE DEPARTMENT RESCINDED MY DENIAL . MY QUESTION IS WHY IS IT SO MUCH TROUBLE GETTING A JOB IN SECURITY WHEN THE STATE APPROVED ME FOR A LICENSE ?

What was the answer to his question?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kay in Capitol Heights, Maryland

70 months ago

What is the answer to his question?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

robens stingley in Miami, Florida

69 months ago

MOSES WALLS in Jacksonville, Florida said: I WAS DENIED MY LICENSE IN JUNE 2007 AFTER I ATTENDED AN HEARING THE DEPARTMENT RESCINDED MY DENIAL . MY QUESTION IS WHY IS IT SO MUCH TROUBLE GETTING A JOB IN SECURITY WHEN THE STATE APPROVED ME FOR A LICENSE ?

i want to no if i can apple now if my license up date off supend

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

troyw. in Dallas, Texas

69 months ago

i was denied of many jobs because i was caught with drugs why do jobs look at me like i killed someone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

BigDon36 in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

I have been working in Security for 5years in the "Great" state of CA. I have to break it to you easy. Any felony conviction on your Record will EX you from Armed Security (Hands Down). Now I know of some people who optained a CA-Guard card with some convictions on their record (I think non-abusive type stuff)and they are working unarmed security. So try to get the unarmed security clearance first then, try your luck later. Pay will be around 7.50-12 bucks per Hr depending on your (look, clean cut, tall, big..etc...) and the location and type of post.

Good look, and dont steal anymore beer dude.....think big,OK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Davidthegreat in melrose park, Illinois

51 months ago

HI I'VE BEEN WORKING SECURITY FOR 1/1/2 YEARS BUT STOPED DOING SECURITY FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS, I HAD A PERK CARD BUT EXSPIRED BUT DON'T KNOW WERE TO RENEW IT. I WANT TO GO BACK BUT I NEED A PERK CARD IF ANYBODY KNOWS WERE TO RENEW IT WITHOUT PAYING FOR A NEW ONE I WOULD REALY APPRECIATE IT. PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT senciondavid@ymail.com and thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

artagus ferguson in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

48 months ago

i really need a job!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kpeirce in Pawtucket, Rhode Island

45 months ago

Join the club. I have experience. I have a degree in Criminal Justice and I cant even find a full time job in security.I am the sole supporter of my family. I may have to resign to the fact that I may have to toss my education and bag groceries.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

teehottie360 in Lancaster, California

34 months ago

Does anyone know if a person was convicted of welfare fraud in 2008 served their time and wanted to get a guard card in the state of California could they?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

yvette hayes in Hawthorne, California

34 months ago

hi i want to no why is it hard to get a job i always had a job for the last seven years i recent had a job for security and they got rid of me bbecause i called in to many times couldnt get to work i had so my death in my family i had proof of everything that happen that was so wrong but here is the other question a couple of years ago i had a newphew that did my taxes and he really messed me up so bad where i got in trouble with the gov.and i didnt do no jail time i turn myself in because i knew i didnt do anything i was so mad at what he done to me i was just place on summary probation for a year now im off and i had to pay a fine of 50 restution to the court i never been and any trouble in my life i applied for a gov.job twicwe and got turn down what can i do about that so i can get a job in the field im desired in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in La Mesa, California

25 months ago

I mailed in my application for the unarmed security guard card to the BSIS yesterday ( 10/23/12). I have a misdemeanor petty theft convection that is 3 years old; it was expunged 6 months ago. I can also carry a weapon now. How long before I hear back from BSIS?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Mr.Lewis in Martinsville, Indiana

21 months ago

jimy jam in Norwalk, California said: I NEED CARRER CHANGE- WILL SECURITY GAURD JOBS BE FOR ME- IVE WORKED WAREHOUSE OVER 15 YEARS AND LATLEY I SEE UNBELIVIBLE LOW CLASS DRUGGYS AND GANGBANGERS- SOME OLDER MOST YOUNGER! I HAVE A RECORD-1 FELNY BEER THEFT AND VARIOUS DRUG CHARGES- ALL OLDER THAN FIVE YEARS EXCEPT 1 -4 HALF YEARS OLD---- I FEEL IM TO OLD TO WORKAROUND THESE CARELESS PERSONS- AND WOULD LIKE A CHANGE- I WOULD LIKE TO WORK ALONE- I AM 36 WITH 5 BOYS WITH ONE WIFE AND MOM... I NEED TO HAVE A CARRER BETTER THAN WAREHOUSING BECAUSE IT BECOMING PATHETIC.. MABEY I CAN PUTEM JAIL INSTED OF WORKING WITH THEN! I WORK HARD AND TRY MY BEST AND CARE ABOUT MY WORK BUT IT SEEMS TO BE GETTING ME NOWARE-THESE LOW LIFES AND EXPLOYTED TEMP AGENCYS BRING DOWN THE RATE OF PAY IN WAREHOUSING PLEASE HELP! IT GETTING WORSE- I WANT OUT- IS SECURITY FOR ME?? IF NOT WHAT WILL BE FOR ME POSSIBLY.

Dear sir....The very reasons or reason is the "drug charge" and the convictions.Number one,yes there are unarmed security and you may get a business,as loose as they are today to consider you...but with the bearocratic laws and "INSURANCE" requirements,which is a factor as well, they would consider you a risk..My thoughts are everyone deserves a second chance,and should have..but it's the "laws" and "ins" who run the show.My syggestion would be to search around and find an agency that will hire,and they may hire you??All I can say is it's great to see you are at least willing to work and somewhat put your life on the line..koodos!!. I have permit to carry(felones can't)...however you can become a master at a baton and study some certfiable Martial arts.I have also a 3 rd degree in aikido, and that would help you tremendously as taking down and holding until police arrive,and of course be able to cuff the guy is a lus,and my advise is right on when it comes to the training,it is scientific,a little guy can toss a 300 lb er without little effort,I have broken a few wris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alex in Torrance, California

18 months ago

Jackie brown in Los Angeles, California said: OK OK!! I have a question! If you have been convicted of a felony in a different state, can you become a security officer in california??

definitely maybe. Check with the law of state reduction to misdemeanor

Alex in Costa Mesa, California

17 months ago

In what state?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jun a rosero in Chicago, Illinois

17 months ago

Check this out! I worked for 10 years at resurrection hospital in chicago. I was terminated because I remove a drunk guy causing trouble in the emergency room in a way they consider a conduct that deviates from the mission. I collared a drunk guy and lifted him after he threw his weight down before the stairway. This action was consiered a violation of the use of force policy. What use of force. I did not swing, hit or kick the drunk fellow. I just merely picked him up by the collar and took him outside of the emergency room to protect that patients waiting to be seen. I even brought him back on wheelchair when I noticed he was not making any effort to leave before it started to rain. Now every interview I get was a flaw because I admit to my termination. Also consider I am near 60 years old now. No one wants to give me the benefit of the doubt that it may look bad, but all I did was for the benefit of the hospital. 10 years wasted over nothing.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

teemarie in Yorktown, Virginia

9 months ago

Paul in La Mesa, California said: I mailed in my application for the unarmed security guard card to the BSIS yesterday ( 10/23/12). I have a misdemeanor petty theft convection that is 3 years old; it was expunged 6 months ago. I can also carry a weapon now. How long before I hear back from BSIS?

SO DID YOU EVER GET YOUR LICENSE AND A JOB?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Fernaa in Valley Center, California

8 months ago

About a year ago, i was charged with petty theft. i went to court and the judge said after one year of successful probation i can request a Sponge and take if OFF my record. My question is taking that off my record......would i be able to get my armed security card ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fernaa in Valley Center, California

8 months ago

it was a misdemeanor by the way

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

john doe in Escondido, California

7 months ago

I have a class 1 misdemeanor marijuana violation...will this not allow me to license or obtain a job, even though my misdemeanor is 3-years-old and I'm CLEAN?

I have also applied for expunge/set aside in AZ where it occurred....yes as an employer you pay more this individual etc...but WTH, I worked in a hospital system for 4+ years commencing with patients and now in a new state i cannot obtain employment....during that time, my charged crime was placed on me 2/9/11, but yet i was able to work in a healthcare setting.

Does this not say something of hospital systems and their employees who provide care etc....yes I should have stayed but CA has so many schools to attend than a limited number in other states. This goes off topic, but still....why is this such a big problem to hire aside from the liability companies don't want to PAY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Texas

4 months ago

AableI have a Class A Misdemeanor on my record how long before I might be able to go commision if ever. Can you still work non-Commision if you already have a security job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gotpoopforbrains? in Carlsbad, California

1 month ago

lab jove in Miami, Florida said: i wanna join in that team.

If the state had given the cert to be a guard, then you can be a guard but the company can still have their own practices, even some police depts and secret service will also hire felons depending on the crime commited, and it not all that hard to get a felony charge when there isnt really any standard on how they are classified... Only thing have to do is be honest about the charge most times felon is one those scarey big boy words people toss around with no respect of person. We all know who those people are so I wont go there...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gotpoopforbrains? in Carlsbad, California

1 month ago

jun a rosero in Chicago, Illinois said: Check this out! I worked for 10 years at resurrection hospital in chicago. I was terminated because I remove a drunk guy causing trouble in the emergency room in a way they consider a conduct that deviates from the mission. I collared a drunk guy and lifted him after he threw his weight down before the stairway. This action was consiered a violation of the use of force policy. What use of force. I did not swing, hit or kick the drunk fellow. I just merely picked him up by the collar and took him outside of the emergency room to protect that patients waiting to be seen. I even brought him back on wheelchair when I noticed he was not making any effort to leave before it started to rain. Now every interview I get was a flaw because I admit to my termination. Also consider I am near 60 years old now. No one wants to give me the benefit of the doubt that it may look bad, but all I did was for the benefit of the hospital. 10 years wasted over nothing.....

might not want to admit that there is somethings as a guard have to do but wouldnt want to admit it at least not without a lawyer. but i would never work in a hospital setting they lawyer up there so every person you deal with is a potnential lawsuit. And your in the same boat with alot of people the old dont work they retire im 45 and have to retire so get your self a rich honey and weather it out cant last forever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Unknown user in Owings Mills, Maryland

29 days ago

I have a question. What can disqualify a person from obtaining their guard card and handgun permit or even becoming a armed security guard or D.C. Special Police? I was charged with 2nd degree assault back in 2001, (it was a bogus domestic violence case) I received probation and never did any jail time and have never been in any trouble since then besides a few ex-parte whenever we got in an argument and traffic violations. The "assault" charge was expunged off my record in 2005. If i owe money to the state would that affect me? I would like to know what exactly what would disqualify me. Thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.