SECURITY SCHOOL

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

GWEN in Hollywood, Florida

70 months ago

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME? I WANT TO BECOME A SECURITY OFFICER. WHERE CAN I STUDY TO GET MY LICENSE??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Michael Thompson in Houston, Texas

70 months ago

Where can i get a good paying security job at please let me no.Do i need to go to school or get trained on the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Luther

69 months ago

I don't know about Fla. statutes, but in Houston, TX you have to take Basic Training from a DPS approved school.You can find one on the DPS Private Security website.

Also, there are many companies that will train you for level 1&2, but you will still probably have to shell out some money for level 3. This last category allows for a security officer to carry a side-arm or shotgun.

I hope this helped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

barb in Lancaster, New York

69 months ago

GWEN in Hollywood, Florida said: CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME? I WANT TO BECOME A SECURITY OFFICER. WHERE CAN I STUDY TO GET MY LICENSE??

all you have to do is find a security place and fill out an application and test it is a common sense test,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Laurence Miskowic in Kansas City, Kansas

69 months ago

GWEN in Hollywood, Florida said: CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME? I WANT TO BECOME A SECURITY OFFICER. WHERE CAN I STUDY TO GET MY LICENSE??

I recently started work with U.S. Security Associates Inc. They have open book on-line testing. This is a good security company. I prefer un-armed security, and the testing is mostly common sense answers, and are mostly true-false, or multiple choice answers. Obviously, you are very intelligent. Relax, you will do very well in security!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

mikebrown in Halethorpe, Maryland

68 months ago

the book is on line

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda

68 months ago

Most security firms have classes you can attend taking the test afterwards, once you become hired. Usually it is 90 days of work and within that 90 days you are required to obtain your registration card.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda

68 months ago

Laurence Miskowic in Kansas City, Kansas said: I recently started work with U.S. Security Associates Inc. They have open book on-line testing. This is a good security company. I prefer un-armed security, and the testing is mostly common sense answers, and are mostly true-false, or multiple choice answers. Obviously, you are very intelligent. Relax, you will do very well in security!

I also work for the same company. IT is a good company but the boss I have is hard to work with.

Linda1 in Virginia

68 months ago

l.miskowic@yahoo.com in Kansas City, Kansas said: That is a problem, when a supervisor is difficult to work with. If he/she is that way with a lot of people, just do your best, and know that this person will probably not be there long. Maybe consider reporting to there boss if it gets real bad, and especially if you are harassed in any way. Also, you might consider another post that may be available in your area. Good Luck! Larry. If you want to talk, my cell # is <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

Thank you for your message. Good ideas there. Ofther security people are talking about just moving on. Some are saying they will get in touch with his boss. Will just have to ride things out. I know one thing. I am not a floater but my shifts have been changed 6 times and I do not know when to sleep and work any more. Too much in a short time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Niesha Burris in Brooklyn, New York

68 months ago

i rally need to find somewhere to take this test because i just had a baby and i need a job so i can take care of him.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Linda1 in Virginia

68 months ago

Larry in Kansas City, Kansas said: Hi Linda, got your reply - thank you. I know what you mean about changing shifts. My schedule is Sat. and Sun. from 8a.m. to 4p.m. The rest is fill-in shifts. It's close to full time, but I never know what days or hours I'll be working. I try to look on the bright side. I know the procedures for any days and shifts, and I am learning more. Larry (913) <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

Larry,
That will make you old fast. Maybe you can tell your boss you have to have a steady schedule now for personal reasons. So far my boss is leaving me on first shift but it has only been a week. lol Anytime he gets enough people he starts talking about dismissing a couple or if the company we are contracted to work for decides to change who works at the Yard House then the same conversation comes up. That is not fair but to him it is probably a way of keeping us in line, I guess.

Linda1 in Virginia

68 months ago

Michael Thompson in Houston, Texas said: Where can i get a good paying security job at please let me no.Do i need to go to school or get trained on the job.

Michael,

It all depends upon what sort of security you wish to go into. You get training on the job and then the classes, test and when you pass then you will get your security registration. I would suggest working in-house instead of an agency but that is up to you. Do a search for "security officer" on the Net for your area and see what comes up.

Linda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Larry in Kansas City, Kansas

68 months ago

Linda1 in Virginia said: Larry,
That will make you old fast. Maybe you can tell your boss you have to have a steady schedule now for personal reasons. So far my boss is leaving me on first shift but it has only been a week. lol Anytime he gets enough people he starts talking about dismissing a couple or if the company we are contracted to work for decides to change who works at the Yard House then the same conversation comes up. That is not fair but to him it is probably a way of keeping us in line, I guess.

Linda, I agree that a regular shift would be more preferable. There is a good possibility of getting a regular full-time shift at this post, and it is the best post that I have had in many years of security work. I just have to deal with this for a while, but it will be worth it in the long run. Glad to hear you have a regular schedule on days. I hope that works out good for you. Here is a little joke for you that I thought of myself. Question: What did the doctor say to the cannibal? Answer: DON'T try my patients!!! Have a great day! Larry <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

Capital District Investigations Security in Delmar, New York

67 months ago

Capital District Investigations Security Training offers all the armed and unarmed training you will need to get your New York State Security License. E-Mail Cdi2@verizon.net Re: Security License

Butch in the boro in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

65 months ago

I didn't know there was a school for unarmed security.
I got the better of my training with the gov't.
My first unarmed security job, they told me I had to take an eight hour , their classroom instructionals.
Amazing, this classroom deal wasn't all they acted as.
All I did was watch a film.
It looked like some type of tea party event.
Then I filled out papers, got finger printed, then they asked when could I bgo to work?
I actually had much better training prior with the gov't.
I started out as a flex/floater guard.
They put me in places where all I did was releave sergeants & captains that were on leave or on vacations.
I was told 40 hours a week but after all officers, etc. finally came back to work I ended up 10 to 12 hours a week.
I resigned & went on & got my armed license.
Now most security outfits I've applied to either never contact me back or tell me I'm over qualified> Go Figure!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.