Why most security companies pay the same for skilled and unskilled security officers?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 150)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

RANDMAJESTIC in Miami, Florida

46 months ago

Yea Really in Haverhill, Massachusetts said: I understand the business lady but with all due respect the issue is pay and newbies and old farts with no experience get the same pay on the same contract as experienced officers and you cannot tell me that is justified. You can only tell me that is the way it is and to move on to other industries if I don't like it.
With all due respects- I AM THE SENIOR GUARD THEY W-I-S-H THEY HAD-THIRTY YEARS IN THE BUSINESS, AND NOW UNEMPLOYED. I HAVE COVERED EVERY TYPE OF POST A METROPOLITAN SETTING CAN OFFER-OWN THE GUNS OF THE TRADE-AND THEN SOME! I AM STETSON UNIVERSITY GRADUATE-REALLY DID GRADUATE WITH REAL GRADES! (NOT TOP OF CLASS-BUT GOOD!) TO PUT IT BLUNTLY-SECURITY MANAGEMENTS, AGENCIES, AND THE PUBLIC DO NOT APPRECIATE, NOR UNDERSTAND CERTAIN THINGS-LET ME ILLUMINATE ON THIS DIATRIBE!THESE GUARDS MUST MAKE A LIVABLE WAGE-AND THAT MEANS THEY MUST BE HOUSED, FED, AND HAVE SOME REST AND RELAXATION TIME. IF THESE AGENCIES OR CLIENTS ARE GOOFING ON THEIR VACATION BENEFITS, RAISES, OR ARE GIVING THEM "MONKEY HOURS UP AND DOWN, SHORT-AND=LONG, HERE-AND THERE". IT CUTS THEIR EFFICIENCY TO NOTHING, MAKES IT DANGEROUS, AND ISN'T PROVIDING A REAL JOB! WITH POOR MEDICAL CARE THAT ABOUNDS BECAUSE OF THE ECONOMY-GUARD'S LIVES ARE MISERABLE-AND DIABETES AND OTHER AILMENTS MAKE LIVING ON SUCH MEAGER PAY A CHALLENGE! I'M SORRY THE SMALL ENTREPRENEUR DOES NOT UNDERSTAND-WHEN THE TAKE ON PREMIUM IS THAT LARGE A CUT FOR THE GUARD--YOU MUST CHARGE THE CLIENT MORE---AND IT IS DIFFICULT TO WRANGLE THE CONTRACT-BUT THE PUBLIC MUST BE AWARE THAT IF THEY DO NOT PAY FOR QUALITY, THEY MAY AS WELL NOT HAVE SECURITY AT ALL! MANY TIMES-THE CLIENTS A-R-E THE PROBLEM---TOSSING OUT GUARDS FOR FOOLISH OR MINOR INFRACTIONS-THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH A GUARD'S REAL EXPERIENCE DEFICIT OR ABILITIES TO SERVE! THIRDLY-THE REAL SECURITY PRODUCT SERVICE IS SO HYPED IN ITS MEDIA COMPETITIVE SUPERLATIVES CRAP-IT IS BASIC OBSERVE AND REPORT"-----

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Phill in Dallas, Georgia said: Yes . When when the security companies keep their employees happy, they are working better and/or more production from them.
THEY DON'T-AND THEY AREN'T! NOT IN POVERTY-COLLAPSING MIAMI-AND I DOUBT THESE AGENCIES LINK WORDS LIKE SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE TO SCHEDULE SHEETS FOR SHIFTS. THESE MANAGERS ABUSE AND THREATEN-SO THE SERVICE IS INCOMPETENT AND THE CLIENT IS ANGRY---NO WAY TO WORK AT ALL!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

john lofton sr in Chicago, Illinois

44 months ago

I am a security pro looking for a home in the security field. I can help your company as much as you can help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anderson34 in Kokomo, Indiana

41 months ago

The key thing that has helped me in finding a decent security position is doing alot of research online. Here are some real important factors to look for. First off pay, the old addage you get what you pay for is true and companies (like Securitas, Allied Barton, etc.) don't plan on changing anything anytime soon and continue the "fast food" approach, paying thier employees just above minimum wage and using fear tactics. I now work for a great company that supplies us with uniforms (deposit free) and even provides our firearm. You can tell if a company has integrity by checking out thier website, seeing if thier uniforms are professional, listening to employees and former employees of the company and inquiring yourself to the company about a position. Alot of it is just common sense. As a final note if a company's policy is for you to scream for the manager's help during a crisis situation, you are going to be miserable. A good company will train it's employees and trust they have hired a person who is capable of defending himself justly and defusing bad situations on his own if need be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rusty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

41 months ago

sounds like you have a problem. if you have worked at 8-10 differentjobs ,on papoer ot looks like you are not doing the job that the company hired you to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Name withheld in Dallas, Georgia

41 months ago

Rusty in Bowling Green, Kentucky said: sounds like you have a problem. if you have worked at 8-10 differentjobs ,on papoer ot looks like you are not doing the job that the company hired you to do.

Rusty, you are very rusty when it comes to security.This person is talking about contract security not the "stand-at-the-door" security you do..Rusty! Get your head out of the ground.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

james in Denver, Colorado

41 months ago

I have been a security officer for over seven years. I can't find anyone who will hire a man 69 1/2 yrs old. I am still mobile and plan to stay that way. I am not looking for tons of benefits. I am looking for work hopefully 40 hrs at least 32.
thanks,
Jim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Name withheld in Dallas, Georgia

41 months ago

Jim I agree with you but because of the lost of millions of jobs, no one hardly want to hire you because of the cost of worker insurance Jim. However, there are some jobs that will hire you.Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

whatever in Lake Worth, Florida

41 months ago

I am sorry to hear, that you have worked 500 hrs overtime, because the company can not be very smart, to pay you overtime is more expensive than hiring a young SO. I know how you feel, I have worked as an Armed SO 100 hrs a week, until I got so sick, it was impossible for me to do this any longer. I than worked only P/T on events and have a P/T job in a Petstore, the pay is not to good, but I am retired also, and adopted a Labrador from a Shelter, I need to spent time with my dog, this way I do not work so much, at our age, life is going to be short, so enjoy it. But you better get some information from a lawyer, before the terminate you, because, if you refuse to work overtime, find out if you can collect Unemployment. You probably can if your health in japordy.
Why dont they hire someone else? I have a feeling they want to get rid of you without paying Unemployment. This is very snicky. Make yourself smart, even an information from a lawyer the first time does not cost anything. I hope I have helped you a little. Have been through very rough times myself. Good luck.

41 months ago

Yes, at this age it is very dificult to find something, because most the time they will hire Army or PO. But there are companys pay is low, can be from 7.25 to 10.00. But if you want a job. There are no Benefits, not even a little.

So you have to apply on line or go to the companies. It depends always, even if they say, no age discrimmination, and race, it is a joke, it is done over and over, especially in the Security jobs.

It is already a age disrimination, to find out, when you finished highschool, so everyone can figure out how old you are.

This is all a coverup with age, race discrimination, only a talk, but not kept.

So dont give up, but you have to lower your approach, take whatever you can get, to get more money will come with time. But since you just want a little to your SO and be busy, think about it. I am even older than you, working once a while Events, I am a D and G. P/T at a Petstore, little pay. 8.00 USD, a raise in 6 month .10 ct. No Benfits, but 20% discount for my Labrador.

Hope, that I have helped you a litte. Good Luck.

Kumar in Yorktown Heights, New York

41 months ago

I have been a contracted Security Officer for eight years. It was something that I was doing, while I was in school. All security companies claim to be different from every other. The reality is that all security companies are relatively the same. The truth is that every site you work has a different pay rate. Unfortunately, they do not give higher pay to those guards with experience. Getting a pay raise is a slim chance to none. Security companies are in the Services Industry. They side with and try to live up to the client’s standards, no matter how preposterous the client’s needs are. The client can kick you off their site for basically for any reason. As for being a Security Officer, there is no chance to advance (a dead end job). Majority of the security management and the clients tends to exaggerate a lot.

The pay is low and I do not understand why people make a career out of this. I’ve been on sites where they want first-rate guards, with a lot of job responsibilities, for less money. After a while, I started giving them what they pay for. The security services industry is a terrible field to get into and advise all of you to look into other fields liking banking, customer service, help desk… Now that I’m college graduate, hopefully I’ll find something better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rob in Clarkston, Michigan

40 months ago

Yes security is a dead end job. I would only consider it for supplementing another income from a real job. It's sad it has to be this way but 99% of companies just hire security to fulfill insurance requirements. There may be 1% of guards out there that earn a good wage but 99% do not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

where they want first-rate guards, with a lot of job responsibilities, for less money. After a while, I started giving them what they pay for. The security services industry is a terrible field to get into and advise all of you to look into other fields liking banking, customer service, help desk… Now that I’m college graduate, hopefully I’ll find something better. KUMAR; You have touuhed on some rather outstanding issues that make the guard industry a failure for being viably rewarding as a long-term employment!First-it is the client's responsibility to set the work agenda and post orders-UP FRONT AND KNOWN TO ALL PERSPECTIVE GUARDS-if the client expects to much work load for the money-guys, they have to pay more to attract the type of guard they desire! It is insanity to hire-fire-hire because the client tries to muscle more and more service while extending no raise benefits-life doesn't work that way! Neither can the client, or the outsourcing agency, be meddling in every minute of every day on the guards-and certainly guards get ill or have medical problems-because the damned system has kicked their coverages insurance-wise to the curb! The outsourcing agencies outright refuse to back or financially cover the guards-even to loan money for a tank of gas (WHICH IS GONNA BE A MAJOR PROBLEM REEEEEEAL SOON IN A TOWN NEAR YOU!) at these higher prices----or even have an inspector bring a doughnut or a sandwich and cup of coffee. You see, my friends, in the "OLD DAYS" we managed and did things differently-and had a real relationship with the guards. We asked much of the guards, but we went to extra lengths to see they were paid fairly, on time, and gave certain considerations to get the job rolling and completed. Sad to say-I saw only managers who were out for themselves, of late, and do not respect the guards! The clients-I do not know why they can't just back off and let the guards do these marginal duties-they don't need any verbal hassles and threats!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

where they want first-rate guards, with a lot of job responsibilities, for less money. After a while, I started giving them what they pay for. The security services industry is a terrible field to get into and advise all of you to look into other fields liking banking, customer service, help desk… Now that I’m college graduate, hopefully I’ll find something better. KUMAR; You have touuhed on some rather outstanding issues that make the guard industry a failure for being viably rewarding as a long-term employment!First-it is the client's responsibility to set the work agenda and post orders-UP FRONT AND KNOWN TO ALL PERSPECTIVE GUARDS-if the client expects to much work load for the money-guys, they have to pay more to attract the type of guard they desire! It is insanity to hire-fire-hire because the client tries to muscle more and more service while extending no raise benefits-life doesn't work that way! Neither can the client, or the outsourcing agency, be meddling in every minute of every day on the guards-and certainly guards get ill or have medical problems-because the damned system has kicked their coverages insurance-wise to the curb! The outsourcing agencies outright refuse to back or financially cover the guards-even to loan money for a tank of gas (WHICH IS GONNA BE A MAJOR PROBLEM REEEEEEAL SOON IN A TOWN NEAR YOU!) at these higher prices----or even have an inspector bring a doughnut or a sandwich and cup of coffee. You see, my friends, in the "OLD DAYS" we managed and did things differently-and had a real relationship with the guards. We asked much of the guards, but we went to extra lengths to see they were paid fairly, on time, and gave certain considerations to get the job rolling and completed. Sad to say-I saw only managers who were out for themselves, of late, and do not respect the guards! The clients-I do not know why they can't just back off and let the guards do these marginal duties-they don't need any verbal hassles and threats!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

40 months ago

40 months ago

40 months ago

40 months ago

40 months ago

40 months ago

WE WISH THE MANAGERS WOULD GET IT THROUGH THEIR THICK SKULLS-THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO DO BUSINESS WITH PEOPLE-AND IT WON'T CONTINUE FOR LONG MAKING MONEY OR SERVING THE PUBLIC IF IT CONTINUES ON DOWN THIS FECKLESS AND GREED ENCRUSTED PATH!

SOLETITBEWRITTEN in Miami, Florida

40 months ago

MANGE YOUR GUARDS WITH DUE DILLIGENCE AND GREAT CARE-YOUR PUBLIC IMAGE HANGS ON EVEN THE ACTIONS OF THE WEAKEST MANAGER IN THE OFFICE. EVEN ONE ALIENATED CLIENT, OR ONE PROBLEMATIC CLIENT THAT CONTINUES, THREATENS THE JOBS OF YOUR UNDERPAID AND VERY DEPENDENT GUARDS. RESPECT THOSE ASSETS AND DO GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO GIVE THE GUARDS SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING. YOUR CORPORATE DOLLARS ARE MADE ON THEIR BACKS-----BE SENSITIVE TO THEIR NEEDS-THEY DON'T GET MUCH FROM LIFE-MAKE IT EASIER ON THEM!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jim in Indio, California

37 months ago

D-Man in Waterbury, Vermont said: You are so right! I've got 20 Plus years in the Military and 9 in Civilian police and Security and an associates degree in Criminal Justice. I started at just what everyone else in security makes, guys just walking in off the street with no experience, high school grads and old fart retiree farmers (yes Farmers). Not only that but I am expected to train all these idiots and to add insult to injury, I have to wear the same uniform as these screw-ups. It MESSED UP. To make matters worse, I applied to join the county sheriffs department, I went to take the test with another apploicant from the same department, we got to know each other and he told me this was his third time trying to pass the exam. He also told me he messed up when he was a teen ager and got arrested for selling drugs. I passed the test first try and so did he and would you believe it, they hired him over me! I was floored! A 20 year Army Veteran MP Sgt. and a three time loser beat me out! This was in Vermont. DO NOT COME HERE! It's gotta be the worst state in the nation! If you are here already GET OUT! If the taxes won't kill you, the winters or liberals will! I can say this is coming from a native born Vermonter!! Also, do not believe the pay scale on this thing, a security officer, if you are LUCKY enough to find and get a job in that field here pays 22 to 24,000 a year. Take my advice, If you are in security STAY AWAY FROM THIS STATE!!!

lol

37 months ago

Yes, I am very upset with this Security Companies, it is even worse since the high unemployment rate. I am an armed Officer since many years, they will pay me the same, than an unarmed sitting in a Condominium Building. The Security Companies Employees want to make the same money than years ago, when plenty of work in his field was there.
7.50 USD, a year ago for the same job they pay 10.00. You ae standing in the very hot sun, you are not allowed to drink, brakes are given when you see someone a Supervisor, who is hiding somewhere in the cool. If you leave, because is urgent, WC, they fire you. They are all a bunche of not knowing anything, that is why they are in the office and the who work outside. If you say something, you can go. I myself do not like any of this Security Companies, they shoot out the ground like Mushrooms and want to get rich themselfes. I can work in a Petshop nice cool, for 8.10 is still .60 cents more and get a brake when I need it.
Than as an armed officer, most of them dont hire you because you have not been in the Army or an Ex-Police Officer. So you spent all the money, shot better than any of them, but they will not take you. They are sick.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Surveillance Agent in Atlanta, Georgia

37 months ago

Kelvin, I need you to send me your resume. I may have a security job for you this month of July ok? Send resume to phillcomeaux@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Rob in Clarkston, Michigan said: Yes security is a dead end job. I would only consider it for supplementing another income from a real job. It's sad it has to be this way but 99% of companies just hire security to fulfill insurance requirements. There may be 1% of guards out there that earn a good wage but 99% do not.

Rob, my name is Phill and I may have a security assignment this july 20th. if you are interested, please email me your resume at: phillcomeaux@hotmail.com

37 months ago

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm currently looking for security officers who must have at lease 2 years of proven security experience and be able to travel the country on assignments at a short notice if need be (assignments are being processed starting in the month of July. Must be very neat in appearance (because this is the second most of importance), must furnish 2 clear photos of yourself (one of you from head to chest and the second one of you from head to toe), clean criminal background and contact information outlined on a resume or bio. If you don't have all of the above, you need not apply. This is a very professional position.Send resumes or bio's to: phillcomeaux@hotmail.com

Lori in Paramus, New Jersey

36 months ago

Phill Comeaux in San Antonio, Texas said: I believe you but it's not the democrats who done this it's the republicans. And it's not just Vermount, it will be soon all over the country. The republicans want to turn American into a thrid world country. Look at how they allowed the illegal aliens (not called undocumented workers) access to enter into this country to work cheap. And you guessed it, they are the ones who keep the pay low and provide the companies with plenty of very low wage workers. I have experience to let you and all who read this response

I'll parrot the other poster who said "Know what you're talking about." It's the LIBERALS who support unfettered illegal immigration, allowing the Mexicans to continue to scurry over the border like cockroaches. ONLY the REPUBLICANS have attempted measures aimed at rounding up and deporting all illegals back to their third-world nation of origin and SEALING THE BORDERS.

Bottom line: Low skill means low wages. If you want to make more money, put forth the effort required to attain the skill set to do so. High school graduates who have not pursued a trade like auto mechanics, plumbing or electrical, can't grouse about low wages. Economic Darwinism, plain and simple. The best and brightest at the top, and the worker bees at the bottom.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Biotekagr in New York, New York

36 months ago

Kevin T.Adams in Alpharetta, Georgia said: YES,THE COMMENT WAS 100 PERCENT CORRECT.Security Companies are Ripping Off the Experience Officer.I say this cause i have 22 years exp in Bodyguard,V.I.P.,Corporate Security,Hospital Security,Warehouse security,NightClub V.i.p Security and Bouncer and Concierge work as well as College Security and StoreDetective and LossPrevention and i've never have receive more then $15.00 per hour and i only received that for special events or Parties or weekend nightshift Hospital Work.In Atlanta i love the city and usually get along well this the people but i hate the pay and don't appreciate how security and police are paid and not respected.

security blows kock for a job, only retards asipre to be a retarded secuity zhit head!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ken Castro Valley, ca in San Ramon, California

35 months ago

David Wolcott in Port Orchard, Washington said: Phil,
Not all companies pay the same for skilled and unskilled Security Officers. I worked for one company which is an unarmed Security Company for %10.00 an hour. Then I switched companies to an armed Security company which pays $18.10 an hour. So know what you're talking about.

Your right! Iv'e been doing security for along time, they pay you 10.00 and companys bill clients 20.00 plus an hour!

Neil in Wetaskiwin, Alberta

33 months ago

David Wolcott in Port Orchard, Washington said: Phil,
Not all companies pay the same for skilled and unskilled Security Officers. I worked for one company which is an unarmed Security Company for %10.00 an hour. Then I switched companies to an armed Security company which pays $18.10 an hour. So know what you're talking about.

Security guards are all already wannabees. Unless you are actually a real solider working this gig part time or a police officer, there is not much skill. The so called skilled guy you gotta give him credit for not just sitting around playing videogames or just sit there as a warm body to do homework like myself, and work as a security guard just so I can get paid to do my own homework and surf the net and do leisurely activities that people do when they are not being paid at home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

S. Olson in Surrey, British Columbia

32 months ago

Robert Wayne said: All I can say is that things are getting worse and worse in this country, especially in the security field. I'm working 40 hrs. a week security at an asphalt plant in Lake Charles, LA for Lofton Security and making a paltry $8.25 per hr. I have 11 years experience and the janitors are probably making more than we guards. Personally, I've had it with the horrible pay. On top of that we keep on getting memos about this meaningless homeland security garbage. It makes no sense at all for the feds to be making a big deal about "homeland security" while we're being flooded by illegal mexicans. The politicians (Democrats and Republicans alike) don't do a damn thing about this illegal invasion.

I want to tell you that I take home around $1500 biweekly after taxes for sitting around doing homework and engaging in Buddhist meditation while doing static positions. Sure I only make this with overtime but all I am doing is leisurful activities for my pay. I even cleaned my room at work putting things in cardboard boxes and took it to work to sort put my junk and managed to clean clutter that I would not have bothered to do. I am currently looking for a telecommuting job or freelance job which I can do at my work doing construction security as I have converted my Ford Aeristar into an office.

biotekagr in Bay Shore, New York

32 months ago

security is a cocka poopoo career and only the mentally incapable will aspire to be a full time security poop head

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ken Castro Valley, ca in Hayward, California

32 months ago

I worked at Eastmont Mall they Employed Two people that couldn t write a report!!! And had me work on the 4th of July, with 1 other person working Dispatch, keep in mind that Eastmont mall in Oakland is the worse area in Oakland!!!

John in Austin, Texas

31 months ago

Hey, if you guys even mention the word "UNION" in the state of Texas, DPS with pull your commission license faster than you can blink your eye. We all known the big corporations rather pay off the politicians than to pay commissioned security officers decent pay and benefits. It comes out cheaper in the long run. Also I'm not afraid of any illegal alien, even if they get past the back ground check, I'm more worried of Iraqi and Cuban immigrants I have to work with. Some even work at federal and state facilities. Now go figure that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John in Austin, Texas

31 months ago

Hey, if you guys even mention the word "UNION" in the state of Texas, DPS with pull your commission license faster than you can blink your eye. We all known the big corporations rather pay off the politicians than to pay commissioned security officers decent pay and benefits. It comes out cheaper in the long run. Also I'm not afraid of any illegal alien, even if they get past the back ground check, I'm more worried of Iraqi and Cuban immigrants I have to work with. Some even work at federal and state facilities. Now go figure that.

John in Vancouver, British Columbia

31 months ago

You know I have a problem with one of our officers. While I cannot mention which site, but can say in general terms that he was told to do his foot patrol which takes 10 to 15 minutes out of the hour and as long as he can do that, he could watch movies or whatever for the rest of his downtime so long as he doesn't sleep. He has been complaining about not getting a raise to 13.00 an hour where he has remained at 12 dollars per hour. He has been just using his car to drive around the site so he can do it in two minutes. I asked him why he isn't walking, and he replied that doing a 10 minute walk around is too much work, and that driving around is easier. I think he has it good enough and I am wondering if I should have him pulled from the site and put on some active site where he would wish that he did his ten minute walk around, because he would lose his opportunity to do his homework as he is getting full time at this site and he has a good thing going for him where he can do his school research on company time and do homework using his laptop so long as he just does his 10 minute walk of the hour. But since he is going to school, I feel that if he can go to school and graduate without going into debt with student loans, I don't want to ruin this for him. I want to simply let him know by letting him do some active sites for overtime to let him realise that many guards have to do more work and not be allowed to surf the net on company time and study for the same pay. I want to know what you would do if you were a supervisor in this position.

Phill Comeaux in Dallas, Georgia

31 months ago

Make sure he does the jobs the way you want it done so that you and him will keep your jobs. Don't worry about the other stuff he does if it's not preventing him from doing his security work.

Biotekagr in New York, New York

31 months ago

security jobs are stupid and they suck big hairy nutticles

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Neil in Calgary, Alberta

31 months ago

Jake in Half Moon Bay, California said: most security contract jobs are billing the client at least 25 to 40 dollars an hour. wouldnt it be only somewhat fair that the officer would get half of the bill, even you guys making 9 bucks an hour(the account probably bills 60) and by the way, Ron Paul is still running and he is the only candidate that votes for the constituion, the elimination of the unconstituitional federal income tax, etc. Ron Paul is not a member of the C.F.R, so he will not sell us out to foreign countries and will not approve of the trans-texas corridor, or for that matter the merging of the united states,mexico and canada. his voting record is spotless.

No, I am afraid that is not the case. Most security companies do not bill 60 dollars or 40 dollars an hour. It is closer to 18 dollars an hour, and if you are getting 9, you are getting half.

Neil in Calgary, Alberta

31 months ago

Butch in the boro in Buford, Georgia said: *****************************************************************************
Dear Security .. Guard ... as you state, company owner:
I may be mistaken perhaps but I believe the majority of these ... Officers ... here are speaking of Large Security Companies.
Therefore it might just be possible they are getting screwed!
You should know by operating a Small Organization you may possibly be able to pay more due to the fact your over head isn't quiet as large as a Major Private Security Company where in fact these companies are paying for 3 Captains that usually sit on their backsides in an office plus an Account Manager's salary, plus District & Regional Manager/Managers, etc.
Also this forum is where people can come & let off steam.
I for one would rather see people come here to let off steam than to go ... postal ... out in the field, wouldn't you?
So please try & be a little more understandable with all of us that come here to let off a little steam.
Your latter comment, " Change Industries " read a bit harsh, wouldn't you think?
These officers get that from their own companies.

It is also important that after spending ages sitting around playing on one's laptop for most of one's shift playing final fantasy iii on one's iphone while on duty, how can one expect to change industries where one has to actually do hard work for similar pay such as fast foods?

corporal in Evanston, Illinois

28 months ago

I'm in the security field and I know a lot of 'mainstream' companies pay very little. I got into private contract security and make 18.00 to 22.00 an hour cash. I love my job and wouldn't trade it for nothing. Best part is I have jurisdiction in the whole state. Illinois

The King in Alexandria, Virginia

27 months ago

David Wolcott in Port Orchard, Washington said: Phil sorry I missed read your post. Please disregard my reply.

Sorry!!!!!!

You are stupid!

cujun11 in Gonzales, Louisiana

25 months ago

I know a lot of security companies are awkward, my experience some will not back up the guard doing it services professional. There are some that become catty & they value in making a buck from the client but in regards you are underpaid & you are just a mannequin wearing a uniform. Now there are some security company's that are a little bit more professionalism.

Biotekagr

25 months ago

security make cocka poopoo wallet situation. u can live in a studio apartment and work full time and be a stupid poopy head

Stupid poopy head. in Fort Drum, New York

25 months ago

I don't want to b a stupid poopy head.

Stupid poopy head. in Fort Drum, New York

25 months ago

corporal in Evanston, Illinois said: I'm in the security field and I know a lot of 'mainstream' companies pay very little. I got into private contract security and make 18.00 to 22.00 an hour cash. I love my job and wouldn't trade it for nothing. Best part is I have jurisdiction in the whole state. Illinois

How does one get a job with pvt contrat security co? How are they different from a mainstream co? Is it the size of their org?

Rossini17 in Decatur, Georgia

21 months ago

Because the office feels anybody can do this job.Mainly Unarmed Security. Its a bother sometimes,like when you try to get hired. And they hired someone who's not qualified over you.

Sal in Flanders, New Jersey

20 months ago

You have it the wrong way, the Liberals/Socialists are destroying this country with over regulation. Liberals/Socialists are known for killing the job market, history shows us this.. and don't say "what about Bill Clinton," the conservative party ran the country during the 90's having the house and the senate. Bill Clinton was a bad President. But you are correct about companies hiring the least experienced just to fill a position with very little pay. I have many certs to my credit, but the pay in NJ is still low. I have declared myself as a supervisor and it has worked for getting more pay, but nothing full time. This country has lost its soul.

Sal in Flanders, New Jersey

20 months ago

I think if we had a two year training course and made it harder to get the license, the pay would be higher. There should be schools that teach on the job training covering topics like, safety, first aid, attackers, information sharing, report writing, working with police, in shape prep. listening concepts, assisting medical teams and fire, training others to wok together. But do it in very hands on way. the 2 day training is useless.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.