What do you enjoy most about your service writer career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a service writer? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Chan Chen in Wilmington, Delaware

58 months ago

I like to look at fish on the internet, and then I like lunchtime, oh, and getting off work is great too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

blacklab in Concord, New Hampshire

57 months ago

I like thinking one day I wont be doing this.....I friggin hate being a
service advisor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MJ in Arlington, Virginia

51 months ago

It is good to meet a lot of people with different backgrounds, but I agree with blacklab it becomes boring as you do it over and over again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mbhuxtable@gmail.com in Liberty, Missouri

46 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being a service writer? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

I like the customers "RV'ers are kinda like a big extended family" I enjoy the paper trail challenge! But most of all I really like to get my guys paid well for their knowledge and expertice in their field.

jessicabann@gmail.com in Buckeye, Arizona

19 months ago

I have worked in the Commercial Sales and Service Industry for 7 years now. (Tractor, trailer, medium and heavy duty engines, buses and RV's - everything from welding to extensive electrical troubleshooting to major engine overhauls). What I loved most about being a service writer was learning the equipment and getting to know the staff. The diesel technicians I had the opportunity to work with were extremely talented and true talent is hard to come by these days. I loved learning about the failures, why they occurred, what steps need to be taken to troubleshoot and repair, etc. It was very challenging and always changing. There is room for advancement into management positions if you have the determination to learn and pay your dues.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.