Social Worker Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (361) - Start a Discussion

Lauren in New Cumberland, Pennsylvania

Updated 17 months ago

msw - 1 Reply

I am looking into getting my masters in social work online, can anyone suggest some good schools?

Lauren in New Cumberland, Pennsylvania

Updated 17 months ago

clinical Social Work salary in nyc - 2 Replies

Hi,I currently have BA degree in psychology, i love the field and want to get into clinical social work. I have done some research and have found...

MHLMSW in Westchester, New York

Socia Worker Liability insurance

Hello all--I'm currently looking to purchase Social Worker Liability Insurance and I'm searching for the "ballpark amount" of what it would cost....

jcslmsw in New York, New York

Updated 18 months ago

Social Work in Colorado - 2 Replies

My wife and I plan to move Colorado in 6 months. We don't know a whole lot about Social Work in Colorado and we want to make sure that opportunities...

jcslmsw in New York, New York

Updated 18 months ago

Need guidance in choosing a sub specialization in the field of social work? - 1 Reply

Which field has better job opportunity in the Field of Social Work? In the state of New York , Illinois, Florida , Texas and California? Please help

Akber in Des Plaines, Illinois

Job opportunities for international students in the field of Social work in US?

Hello All, I am currently studying at an MSW program and planned to get graduate in 2013 fall. Being an international student I am really worried...

CJSW in Freehold, New Jersey

How important is Grad School when it comes to employment?

I just graduated with my B.A. and I'm now interested in pursuing a degree a M.S.W. There are so many MSW programs out there that it seems impossible...

SWTP in Los Angeles, California

Updated 19 months ago

Do you have to be licensed after you get the MSW?? - 5 Replies

After receiving the MSW, do you need to be licensed to be able to work? I live in NJ. What do you need to be licensed? Is it a test? Thank you!

confused in Plymouth, Massachusetts

Updated 19 months ago

Joining NASW - 1 Reply

I'm done with wasting money for NASW membership every year. That's almost $200 a year I can use for other, more necessary and helpful things. After...

JellybabyMcclean in Dublin, Ireland

Updated 20 months ago

Social work jobs in India - 2 Replies

I'm currently studying to be a social worker in Dublin. In two years I graduate. I really want to move to India but I don't know what kind of social...

Natasha in Raleigh, North Carolina

Updated 20 months ago

No Experience -- Getting into an MSW program? - 16 Replies

Hello. I just graduated with a B.S. in Psychology earlier this year. I have a 3.68 GPA and I think that I will do really well on the GRE (especially...

MW in Rochester, New York

Updated 20 months ago

on-call compensation for ed social workers - 1 Reply

Anyone please who is a social worker that does on-call work in an emergency room!!!!!!!!! How are you compensated? Are you paid per hour that you...

marie in Nottingham, Maryland

on-call compensation for ed social workers

Anyone please who is a social worker that does on-call work in an emergency room!!!!!!!!! How are you compensated? Are you paid per hour that you...

Ria in Auckland, New Zealand

Working in U.S. with an MSW from New Zealand

I am an American who has been living in New Zealand for 8 years. I am presently in the middle of an MSW at Massey University. When I finish,I am...

MSW Graduate in Leesburg, Georgia

Instructor of human sciences at College or University in Canada.

Greetings, Any suggestions on securing employment as an instructor at a college, or university in the human sciences with a MSW degree? Thanks.

Ally in Astoria, New York

Social work in NYC

Hi everyone, I am a recent graduate from Hunter College with an MSW in Group Social work. I've been trying to find a job for the past three...

Shelleylcswdcsw in Newtown, Connecticut

Updated 23 months ago

How can I get licensed? - 2 Replies

I'm having a lot of difficulty. I recently earned my MSW degree and it took me 3 months to get a job offer that was even close to my field. I'll be...

Mia-S in NY, New York

NYS Resident moving to Louisiana-LMSW Questions

I recently graduated with an MSW and looking to relocate out of NYC to New Orleans. My questions are: 1. Can I apply for an LMSW in LA out of...

CMGilt in Chicago, Illinois

May be moving from IL to IN, what will happen to my LCSW supervision hours and what is required to work in the IN Schools?

I have been trying to research if I will lose my LCSW supervision hours once if I move from Il to IN prior to completing my hours and obtaining my...

futuregradstudent in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 23 months ago

Looking for first job with an MSW, how do I find a job that provides supervision? - 2 Replies

Hello, I am a newly graduated MSW. I have been done with school for 6 weeks now and I am currently looking for my first job, but there are two...

Anna in Austin, Texas

Updated 23 months ago

Should I become a social worker - 1 Reply

I'm a high school student now but am planning for college. I really want to do something with my life where I can help other people. Would social...

Marilyn in Post Falls, Idaho

Updated 24 months ago

Relocation from Puerto Rico To Dallas texas - 3 Replies

Hi, Im from Puerto Rico and maybe because of my husband works his going to be transfer to Dallas he actually work whith American Airline and probably...

futuregradstudent in Farmington, Michigan

Updated 24 months ago

Looking at other careers I can utilitze my MSW - 4 Replies

I have been in social work for almost 5 years and I HATE IT! I have done case management in housing, child welfare and now working with senior...

Girl Scout in Maitland, Florida

Updated 24 months ago

Bilingual Preferred - 5 Replies

I was just curious exactly what is meant by "Bilingual Preferred." Does that really mean the company is set on hiring a bilingual candidate and is...

Trace1 in Albany, California

Updated 24 months ago

Are you a SW with an MSW or LCSW? SW student needs help w/interview - 1 Reply

I am currently taking a Generalist Practice course as part of my undergraduate program. I am required to interview a Social Worker with an MSW or...

LM04 in Bronx, New York

Please help !

Hello , I'm new to this forum so bare with me lol. I'm currently in my last 2 years of my bachelor's degree in psychology . I first considered...

NeverGivingUpHope in San Diego, California

Updated 24 months ago

Recent MSW Grad & Jobless - 2 Replies

I graduated May 2012 from a fully accreditted MSW program. I had a 4.0 GPA and even received a scholarship during the program. I had two internships-...

NeverGivingUpHope in San Diego, California

Social Work jobs

I have recently graduated with MA Social Work. I have applied for many social work jobs, i keep getting told i have not got enough experience which...

oopski in Mt Meadows Area, California

Updated 24 months ago

Fresenius Social Work Jobs - 3 Replies

Do not, I repeat, do not take an MSW with Fresenius in Bullhead City, AZ or Lake Havasu City, AZ not matter how much they try to recruit you and...

Sari in Jacksonville, Florida

How to get in the door in Maryland social services?

I'm about a year away from finishing my bachelors in sociology here in Florida. I would love to move back to Maryland and get a position in social...

Jellie

Updated 25 months ago

BSW vs MSW - 2 Replies

If someone has a BSW, how hard is it to find work if you are willing to relocate? Will you be able to make enough money to support yourself in a...

Omega80 in New York, New York

Updated 25 months ago

I want to move from Toronto to New York with a BSW, MSW - 1 Reply

So, I have a BSW and a MSW from the University of Toronto, Canada. I originally migrated to Canada from the Caribbean. I am planning on moving to New...

verse in Jersey City, New Jersey

Updated 25 months ago

Columbia or NYU? - 5 Replies

I have applied to both Columbia and NYU's MSW programs (2 year) and was recently accepted to Columbia's. I'm still waiting to hear back from NYU. ...

Julia in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 26 months ago

MSW programs in NY area - 307 Replies

I am interested in returning to school for my MSW. I am not policy oriented and my main interest is clinical practice. Since I have other...

Speechless in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Updated 26 months ago

advice needed - 1 Reply

A coworker of mine is a social worker who has been seeing the divorced parent of a child who is seeing a social worker that she supervises. My...

kezzy sinakoma in Zambia

Updated 26 months ago

Social worker - 3 Replies

Hai evry one I am a diplom holder in Lusaka Zambia, kindly help me if you know any of the NGOs that would take voluntees in Lusaka Zamba. Thanks...

VFB in Illinois

Updated 26 months ago

Can't find a job in Chicago, IL - 27 Replies

Hello, I have obtained a MWS in 07'and I can not find a job. I have applied for tons of jobs but no one is calling me back. I am so frustrated and...

Bella in Palatine, Illinois

Directory of Children's group homes in Illinois

I have my BS in elementary education. I am looking on starting a MSW in fall 2014. In the interim, I would like to have a job along the lines of a...

Myra in Los Angeles, California

Updated 27 months ago

When to start applying for jobs - 1 Reply

I will be getting my MSW from USC in May 2012. When should I start applying for jobs? I know government jobs take a while but what about jobs at...

Nurul in Singapore, Singapore

Graduating with MSW in July, have been working as a Medical Social Worker in an acute hospital in Singapore and moving to NZ

Hi all. I am a Medical Social Worker currently. I am going to complete my Masters in Social Work Degree in July. I am a Singaporean working in...

Sam in Richardson, Texas

Updated 27 months ago

LBSW Exam - 2 Replies

I recently graduated with my bachelors degree in SW. I have taken the license exam twice and plans to do it for the 3rd and hopefully last time. The...

Matt in Quezon, Philippines

Updated 27 months ago

visa sponsorship/other career options BS Social Work - 1 Reply

I am having a hard time looking for a company willing to sponsor me for a working visa. I am a professional Social Worker in the Philippines...

lulu in Arlington, Virginia

Updated 27 months ago

International Social Work suggestions? - 2 Replies

Does anyone have any suggestions about international work with governmental organizations, NGO's, internation aid organizations, humanitarian etc. I...

JT in Oceanside, New York

Working in New Zealand as a Social Worker ?

Hello, I have heard that there was a shortage of social workers in New Zealand and that they were lookin for social workers from the USA. Has...

qrm06 in Fort Myers, Florida

Updated 27 months ago

Conservatism in Social Work - 6 Replies

I know there is another thread on this topic but I wanted to update and get the topic started again! I started a yahoo group on Conservatism in...

SWpeg in Raleigh, North Carolina

Client System of Social Work

What is a client system ? I just started the MSW program and I am on information overload...... There is sooooo much reading. Its not that I dont...

AJ in Hamler, Ohio

Career Transition

I recently left my job at a non-profit as a outpatient case worker. I've worked in this field for only a short time- approx 2 years. I'm an LSW/BSW...

VA Social Worker in San Francisco, California

Updated 27 months ago

How am I suppose to get supervision hours for my LCSW (husband is military and I want a VA job) - 10 Replies

ANy information from you LCSW's out there would be VERY much appreicated. I completed my Masters in Social Work and I did take all the clinical...

molamark@aol.com in Pompano Beach, Florida

Updated 27 months ago

Reciprocity For Florida LCSW - 2 Replies

Anyone have any info as to which states have reciprocity w FL LCSW ?Thanks all

priscler in Yuma, Arizona

Updated 27 months ago

advice needed - 2 Replies

I work for CPS and I ended up having to call in a report on the home where my sister is renting a room, due to the living conditions and my sister's...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.