Social Worker Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (368) - Start a Discussion

Nikki in West Bloomfield, Michigan

Updated 48 months ago

Geriatric Social Work Opportunities - 14 Replies

I'm an MSW student and I'm currently looking for internship ideas in the field of geriatrics. Is there anything out there working one on one with the...

Tam in Cottonwood, Arizona

Updated 49 months ago

Change in Career. Help. - 2 Replies

I recieved my MSW in 2002 and realized I was no longer happy in the field. The jobs I had were surrounded by poor leadership, low morale, etc....

Emmy in Cape Town, South Africa

Updated 49 months ago

Working in the UK. - 2 Replies

I am a social worker with six years experience in the field and are thinking of applying to work in the Uk. What would be the best route to take?...

mona.khosravi in Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of

Updated 50 months ago

Social Worker title MSW SAH?? - 2 Replies

what is sah? msw is master social worker but what does the sah stand for

jadedsw in Richland, Washington

Updated 51 months ago

BSW Jobs? - 1 Reply

Hi, I am a junior in college working on my BSW, and have started thinking about post-graduation. I cannot afford to get my masters right away, and so...

Matt in Chicago, Illinois

Job prospects for Social Worker in New York City?

I am about to graduate with a Masters of Social Work in Chicago and my girlfriend already has her MSW and is in the process of getting her LCSW. We...

bhk in Sylvania, Ohio

NEED SOCIAL WORK CAREER/CONTINUING EDUCATION ADVICE

I received a BA in psychology in '91 and am license eligible for social work. Fast forward several years, I currently plan on studying for my...

Eric in Fair Oaks, California

Disabled and thinking of MSW

I am disabled with mild to moderate back pain and some chronic fatigue. I'm thinking of getting an MSW and going into social work, possibly medical...

cared4nloved in Torrance, California

Social work in Los Angeles

I currently have my degree in Criminal Justice and am considering furthering my education aimed at social work. I'm wondering how easy it is to get...

my4mgirls in Manitowoc, Wisconsin

Social Work Jobs in Clarksville, TN

Hi there! I will be moving to Clarksville, TN soon and was wondering if anyone could tell me how the employment market for social workers is there? ...

Margaret in Muskegon, Michigan

Updated 52 months ago

taking the licence exam - 2 Replies

I was wondering if there is anybody in the Cleveland, Ohio area that is studying to take the license exam anytime soon? I have been out of school...

margaret in Muskegon, Michigan

study matterial for michigan license

I've been out of the social work field for almost 30 years and am interested in working as a social worker for a non profit organization in a senior...

Andrea in Victoria, British Columbia

Updated 53 months ago

re-entering the field after an absence - 10 Replies

I have been a medical social worker for 17 years in NYC hospitals, but resigned my job five years ago when the hospital I worked for (as did so many...

CareerGuru in San Francisco, California

Updated 53 months ago

Need advice on entry level position - 2 Replies

Hello, I need some advice about obtaining an entry level Social Work position working with children (for my wife). She graduated from Salisbury...

evanz777lamb@yahoo.com in Spring Valley, New York

Updated 54 months ago

Jobs in Social Work that pay well - 1 Reply

I am starting a Master's program but am a bit concerned about wages after I graduate. I would like to do the clinical/mental health track but am just...

Jessica in Clarksville, Tennessee

Prior Military wants to help youth

I am getting out of the army in about October 2011. I currently have 90+ transferable college credits on my way to a BA in Art. In October of 2011 i...

ldbrooklyn in Brooklyn, New York

Jobs for Recent Grads that Provide LCSW Supervision

Hi All, I moved to NY about a year and a half ago. 4 months after I moved, the state changed the licensing laws, making it nearly impossible for an...

Vishnukumar in Coimbatore, India

Social work

Friends i am a qualified social worker with Four years of experiance in Education, Conservation, Training, Livelihood projects. How to find a better...

Ryan Robinson in Toronto, Ontario

Updated 55 months ago

Social Work Abroad FAQ - 6 Replies

My Name is Ryan, I'm an International Recruitment Consultant with HCL Social Care(http://www.hclsocialcare.com/) Right now there is a tremendous...

HHH in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Updated 55 months ago

BSW in NY Relocate to PA ro UK... - 3 Replies

I have obtained my BSW in New York. I want to know if it is possible to relocate with a BSW to Philadelphia PA or even the United Kingdom. Has anyone...

dgjknuiogbnjofbjgngiggni in Wasco, California

Updated 55 months ago

Survey of Social Work for a career - 1 Reply

I am interested in becoming a social worker and have compiled a list of some pretty basic questions. Your answers would be appreciated! 1. What...

soji in Delhi, India

how do i get a job in australia

Im an MSW graduate from christ college bangalore i want o work in australia i would like to know what are the exams and other formalities i need to...

pregnancy social worker in Honolulu, Hawaii

Updated 57 months ago

entry level social worker position in san diego. - 3 Replies

Could somebody please list the organizations where I can apply through organization's website. I've master degree in Psychology. I don't have...

Purelife in Louisville, Kentucky

Updated 57 months ago

Choosing an MSW concentration - 1 Reply

Hi everyone, I have a question that I hope some veteran social workers could help me with. I recently got accepted into an MSW program at VCU for...

Scott Frost in Baltimore, Maryland

Updated 58 months ago

Best place to get LCSW hours/certification? - 3 Replies

Im a MSW student. Very excited about graduating and relocating ANYWHERE but where I'm at. But where do I even begin looking for jobs that will train...

Maria Mcdaniel in Los Angeles, California

i'm a social work in mexico

I'm a social work in mexico and i had a experience 14 years working whith kids whit learnig disabilities and know i want to work. i live in...

Kristina in Cabot, Arkansas

Updated 58 months ago

Is IT possible? - 2 Replies

I just recently found out about MSW programs. Originally I was on the path to be a History High School teacher. My passion has always been kids....

iwishiwashome in West Covina, California

Courses for a Bachelor's in Social Work?

I would like to know the courses required for a bachelor's in social work. I want to know the pre-reqs and actual social work classes at CSULB. and...

Michael in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Updated 59 months ago

Thinking about an MSW... - 3 Replies

I just finished with six months of therapy. My therapist was a great help to me, and she re-ignited my interest in the therapy profession. Since High...

mostpop in Los Angeles, California

1 click apply

indeed has a lot of jobs but it is very time consuming to go to each job site and apply separately is there any tools or soemthing where i can just...

Soledad in Brooklyn, New York

Social Work International Recruitment Agencies

Hello all! I'm currently looking to make a move and am interested in relocating overseas. What suggestions do you have for recruitment agencies...

Chirayu in Piscataway, New Jersey

Updated 61 months ago

MSW-Job and visa related issues - 1 Reply

Hi! I am new to this forum, and I am really happy I found it. Well, a little bit about myself. I have about 3 years of experience of working with a...

Elizabeth in Salt Lake City, Utah

Inputs on how to pass LCSW

I am writing this for my sister who will be moving to US. She has an MSW degree from India and she is eligible for taking the LCSW exam. Any ideas or...

UnitedMSWSocialWorkers

Unite to spread our cause MSW's

It is about time social worker graduate level workers get a decent entry level salary and some of the perks we need to keep up with the industry. I...

Elizabeth Davis in Grand Canyon, Arizona

Updated 61 months ago

Expensve MSW - 1 Reply

I think Columbia and NYU are justtoo pricey for the return in salary. No one in this field goes into it for the money. Hunter is top notch if you get...

gtill47@aol.com in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

starting a career as a Social Worker.

Need help

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

Updated 61 months ago

Degree Questions - 3 Replies

Hi all, I'm currently an undergraduate student and I'm in the process of transferring schools to get a degree in Social Work. The school I'll be...

Elizma Viljoen in Pretoria, South Africa

Social Work needed asap in South-Africa or anywhere around the world.

Good day. I am currently busy with my 3rd year Counseling Psychology exams (I study at the University of South-Africa)and really want to start...

social worker in Birmingham, Alabama

Updated 62 months ago

Health Care Setting - 4 Replies

Began working 6 short wks ago as a social worker for a hospital located in Newark,NJ. Our profession is a new career for me. Any advice for a newbie...

Rachel31 in United Kingdom

UK BA social worker looking to work in USA - Would appreciate others experiences

Hi I have a UK BSW and I'm looking to work in the usa, correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand it you need a masters to practice social work in...

Tweety

Updated 62 months ago

LCSW wants federal job in DC area. - 3 Replies

I want to relocate to DC area and want a job with Feds, VA, etc. How difficult is this to get, does anyone have any info?

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

Updated 63 months ago

Wanting an international social work job - UK, etc. - 1 Reply

I am graduating from the MSW program in May - interested in working in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Australia, etc...or would LOVE to work in...

ali g. in Pearl City, Hawaii

Updated 63 months ago

MSW Programs, Online or on campus? - 5 Replies

Does anyone have any good ideas about were to find a good online MSW program? Also affordable? Or is there any site out their that helps you pay for...

Carlos in Brampton, Ontario

Updated 63 months ago

MSW grad looking for out-of-the-ordinary job in Toronto - 1 Reply

Hi all, I'm an MSW (master of social work) graduate moving to Toronto this September. I'll be looking for a job, although my problem is that I...

Learning Something New Everyday in Stockton, California

I wanted to know about social work as a career?

I wanted to know everything about being a social worker. I have read on here about working out your own issues, which I will be doing? I have always...

Anna in Yerevan, Armenia

Updated 64 months ago

Social work in USA - 1 Reply

Hi I am really interested in relocating to the USA to live with my sister, I am looking for a social work position but only have a BA in SW, can...

john oneill in Birmingham, United Kingdom

Updated 64 months ago

Now startin a bachelors degree in Social Work, looking to move to U.S eventually. - 1 Reply

Now starting the 3 year BA Social Work in the U.K and plan to live in the U.S after a few years, just curious as to whether my qualification will be...

Sasquatch in Portland, Oregon

Updated 64 months ago

Are there any mental health social work jobs in the Portland, OR area? - 3 Replies

I live in Nashville (why the profile won't let me change it from Brentwood, I don't know), but I'm thinking about relocating for a couple of reasons....

Bernice in Rensselaer, New York

Updated 64 months ago

a case i am haveing trouble with - 17 Replies

I am a social work graduate student at NYU. I was asked to analyze a case and am having trouble with it. I would really love if I could get some...

Deb in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 64 months ago

veteran looking for work - 1 Reply

i am a veteran who graduated from the university of cincinnati in the school of social work with a bsw looking for work

Page: « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.