Social Worker Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (362) - Start a Discussion

jill in TN in Smithville, Tennessee

Social work / Case manager

Help I have worked as a case manager and cant find another job with out being a RN I love this type of job but have not been in it long to know how...

Tal in Kirksville, Missouri

Updated 64 months ago

Help!!!!!! What Accreditations Should I Look For in a MSW Program? - 2 Replies

Help!!!!!! What Accreditations Should I Look For in a MSW Program? I am thinking about going to Union University in Jackson, TN (a well...

Kiki in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 64 months ago

Social JusticeL is it lost on this board? - 1 Reply

You know, I just read through this board in hopes of finding some really great discussion on social justice issues and the role that MSWs can do to...

T.Thomas in Conyers, Georgia

LCSW license in Georgia

I have an MSW and am seeking my LCSW license in Georgia. I am currently not working in the capacity of a social worker. I do not have direct contact...

sburgoscruz in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 64 months ago

How Can I Become a Case Manager - I don't have a MSW degree yet? - 4 Replies

I am interested in getting a MSW in Social Work and I want to be sure that I am getting into the right career, before I spend 2 years in school...

vicki in Hollywood, Florida

licensing from another state

I am currently an LCSW and wish to return to NYC where I still hold my LMSW. I am in private practice now and I am about to submit all the paperwork,...

novia in Lugoff, South Carolina

MSW opportunity

Hello. I am the Executive Director of a small adoption agency that focuses on doing home studies and post placement reports for families who adopt...

LynGon in Oviedo, Florida

Interested in becoming a CPI

I am very interested in becominga CPI in the Orlando, Fl area any advice or direction? I have a BS in Public Safety/ Criminal Justice.

Ravan POlk in Greenwood, Mississippi

Updated 66 months ago

Are you interested in becoming a Case Manager? - 1 Reply

Hello: Case Managers needed! Super opportunity in the medicial field ... great pay and benefits! Please respond: tina@synergyhealthcareaffiliates....

Tara in Somerset, New Jersey

Updated 66 months ago

What is it with NJ? - 3 Replies

I moved to NJ three months ago, and have been looking for a SW job ever since. I have experience working as a substance abuse counselor, and with...

re ji jennings in manhattan, New York

are there some good part time bilingual jobs for experienced providers

best possible settings for experienced providers

Updated 66 months ago

Human Services/Social Work License - 1 Reply

I have a degree in Human Services (Evergreen State College in Wa). I have worked as a Social Service Director for 8yrs, but on moving here, they...

medcoder in Caldwell, New Jersey

Opportunity to earn a little extra cash

If you would like to earn a little extra spending money, consider this…We market medical coding software that any medical professional organization...

integirity136 in Norfolk, Virginia

Career Questions

I am considering making a major career change. I wanted to follow up on another posting that I saw on this site. I currently work as a...

Updated 68 months ago

Is Social Work Something i Really Want to get into to? - 3 Replies

It's been two years sense I got my Associates degree, and it's time for me to go back to school for a BA (but in what?), i still have no idea what I...

Updated 68 months ago

Social worker with an MSW - 1 Reply

Hey all, just curious on whats the max a msw can make? I know every area is different but can i get a ballpark guess? Also, being a LISW can they...

Hope this helps in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 70 months ago

Best East Coast graudate programs with a clinical focus - 1 Reply

Hi- I am looking for a strong graduate program in social work with a clinical focus. I would be happy going anywhere in the east coast or...

Pankaj in India

Updated 70 months ago

LOOKING FOR A JOB AS A SOCIAL WORKER - 2 Replies

I JUST WANT ANY JOB CONCERNING SOCIAL WORK BECAUSE THATS MY CAREE I HAVE A DIPLOMA IN SOCIAL WORK.IAM A ZAMBIAN AND IHOPE TO FURTHER MY STUDIES,IAM A...

Ali in Washington, District of Columbia

Best East Coast graudate programs with a clinical focus

Hi- I am looking for a strong graduate program in social work with a clinical focus. I would be happy going anywhere in the east coast or...

social worker in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 71 months ago

I´m social Worker but living in Colombia - 2 Replies

yo proximamente estaré viviendo en New Jersey y estoy investigando acerca de cómo obtener un trabajo relacionado con mi profesión de SOCIAL...

anias in New York, New York

Updated 71 months ago

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS FOR SOCIAL WORK DIRECTOR POSITION IN A NURSING HOME - 1 Reply

hi Can someone help me with possible interview questions for a social work interview in a nursing home. I am recent msw graduate having...

sathees raja in coimbatore, India

Special skills for social worker

hai seniors i am new to this forum,let me know what are the special skills is needed to socialworkers, what is difference between social service and...

Jennie in Bethesda, Maryland

Updated 71 months ago

MSW , moving to DC, mD - 2 Replies

I just graduated with an MSW and will move to the DC, MD area in 03 weeks. Any iedas about where to apply??

Agata in Gravesend, United Kingdom

I need some help with" Social Care Register application for social workers who trained outside UK..."

Hi all! I'm polish social worker who would like to start career in UK Unfortunately I'm fiding quite difficult to fill up all questionare in...

maria in Brampton, Ontario

social service worker

I am a social service worker looking to relocate to the UK. However, I am not sure what is the equivalent to my SSW Diploma in England. Due to this I...

Dorin in New York, New York

socialwork inernship

I am looking for a social work internship in the bronx or manhattan can any one give me some assistant. I can start right a away. This is my third...

Anissa in Cincinnati, Ohio

Social Work Positions with a Bachelor Degree and LSW in Nashville, TN

I am relocating to the Nashville, TN area June 09, and was interested in any companies that are hiring Social Workers. I am currently a Child...

dolly paul in miami, United States minor outlying islands

Work

Does the "social booking" opt-out only happen once you've made the booking, or during the booking process? If it's after the booking has been made...

dolly paul in miami, United States minor outlying islands

Work

Does the "social booking" opt-out only happen once you've made the booking, or during the booking process? If it's after the booking has been made...

D in Farmingville, New York

Updated 73 months ago

School Social Worker - 1 Reply

I am interested in working as a Social Worker for the NYC Board of Ed. I've been having a difficult time finding openings in the schools. The DOE...

Janice in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

Updated 74 months ago

Aging Studies - 7 Replies

I recently graduated with a BSW degree and a certificate in aging. I want to find a job working with older adults, but I do not want to work for less...

Saico Freebourne in Kingston, Jamaica

Updated 75 months ago

Getting ahead... - 3 Replies

What is the best training for becoming a hirable social worker? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective...

Angelize in NYC, New York

Updated 75 months ago

SOME IDEAS ANSWERING ThIS QUESTION for a job ( I really need help) - 2 Replies

you have a family that you have been working with for 3 months. the case was open due to domestic violence in which the father beat mother in front...

Angelize in Staten Island, New York

Updated 75 months ago

New Social Worker - 3 Replies

Hello All, I wanted to know if anyone can give me any tips on things I should know before I start in the field. I know that there will...

Faye Sharp in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

New BSW Grad & Graduate Studen

Hi everyone! I have just moved to Tuscaloosa & will begin UA June 2, advanced standing program for my MSW. I just graduated from Jacksonville State...

waldon in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Updated 76 months ago

Getting Licensed? - 4 Replies

I have seen a few job ads that require you be licensed in your state. How do I go about getting licensed? What are the requirements? ...

Elaine in Portland, Oregon

Updated 76 months ago

Non-clinical MSW jobs - 2 Replies

I will be graduating in December with my MSW and hopefully my LSW. However, my concentration is in community organizing/social administration and I...

Lem in Elon, North Carolina

Updated 76 months ago

Relocating - 2 Replies

I am licensed at the LMSW level in South Carolina and would like to relocate to any of the following states: North Carolina, Virginia, or Maryland. ...

jade in Plymouth, United Kingdom

Updated 76 months ago

moving to uk - 1 Reply

I am a MSW about 1/2-1/3 of my way to becoming licensed. I am trying to plan a relocation to the UK. I would like to network in order to learn about...

jade in Plymouth, United Kingdom

Updated 76 months ago

What are the best and worst things about your job? - 1 Reply

I would like to know: What are the best and worst things about your job?

Lisa in Morehead, Kentucky

Updated 77 months ago

Question... - 13 Replies

Question? Is a Social Work degree required to work in the Social Work profession? If no, employment how?

Tarina in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

Updated 78 months ago

Moving to Austin: any ideas on how to get an interview and a job lined up in april. - 1 Reply

Hello I will be moving o Austin Texas in May. I am a LMSW. Does anyone know anything about the social services aggencies out there. I am worried that...

t in Toms River, New Jersey

Updated 78 months ago

Are there any positions for persons at retirement age with BSW and years of experience. - 3 Replies

I have A BSW degree with 15-20 years of experience.no longer working and at retirement age but have a desire to continue to work.I just dont want to...

t in Toms River, New Jersey

Updated 78 months ago

Initial inerview - Social Service Worker course questions - 1 Reply

Can anyone tell me what kind of qestions I might expect on my initial Interview for the course I'm planning to start in September. It is 9 month...

Chelsea harms in Anchorage, Alaska

Obesity Survey for Social Workers

Hello, my name is Chelsea Harms, and I am a social work graduate student at the University of Alaska, Anchorage. I am working on my final research...

Kristin Noyes in Atlanta, Georgia

Updated 78 months ago

taking a year off social work to teach english as foreign language, will it hurt my career? - 3 Replies

I am seeking advice. I am graduating with my MSW this may and my husband and I are considering taking a year to travel and teach english. Does anyone...

Thomas Cunningham in Haywards Heath, United Kingdom

Social Worker Jobs in UK.

Hi, I am a MSW graduate with 5 years of exp in Child rights field. I am registered with GSCC also. Can anyone help me in finding a job in...

waldon in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Updated 79 months ago

Wanting to move from IL to WI: When to apply for licensure? - 1 Reply

Should I apply for WI licensure before applying to any jobs there, or wait until I have a job offer to apply? I presently have IL licensure as an...

Jake in Placerville, California

Updated 79 months ago

Doing some research - 8 Replies

I'm looking for any Child Protective Service agencies that have a policy that allows social workers to carry a concealed weapon on duty if they have...

cyndy in Rockford, Illinois

Updated 79 months ago

Boom or bust? - 1 Reply

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing? Where are the jobs? Which places have the most social worker...

Page: « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.