BSW Jobs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

nmb0508 in Plattsburgh, New York

57 months ago

Hi, I am a junior in college working on my BSW, and have started thinking about post-graduation. I cannot afford to get my masters right away, and so I know what and where to look when the time comes, I have been looking for BSW jobs. But, I really can't find that many. I don't know how I should go about looking-maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but I can only seem to find MSW only jobs. Help! I can't seem to find anything! Does anyone have any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jadedsw in Richland, Washington

49 months ago

Go back to school. Due to having BSW you may have the option of accelerated program, in which you graduate within one year. Employment outlook for BSW is grim. Most jobs only require a high school diploma, and pay is low.And if someone is spanish speaking, their fluency takes precedence over a degree any day. I feel that undergraduate programs are not being honest about social service providers career outlook/expectancy. I went to a "prestigious" liberal art college and as aforementioned a spanish speaking person could obtain a job easier then I could.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.