Change in Career. Help.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

VeronicaNY in New York, New York

44 months ago

I recieved my MSW in 2002 and realized I was no longer happy in the field. The jobs I had were surrounded by poor leadership, low morale, etc. Anyways I decided to do a career change to education,( earlychildhood with a bilingual extension). I am currently enrolled in the program since January but am having second thoughts. Perhaps, i should just get my bilingual extension in school social work in stead? Honesty, it is so exhausting getting another masters and to be honest I cant take out more loans.A friend of mine suggested that i get the bilingual extension in school social work and work for the dept of ed.She mentioned that the dept of ed pays better salaries and should look into it. Any suggestions or advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Confi in New York, New York

44 months ago

".A friend of mine suggested that i get the bilingual extension in school social work and work for the dept of ed.She mentioned that the dept of ed pays better salaries and should look into it."

Sounds like a good way to go.

Tam in Cottonwood, Arizona

44 months ago

You can't go wrong with the bilinqual extension, no matter where you work. And, you sound like you are tired. Be kind to yourself.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.