"Child Protective Specialists" Job Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (501 to 550 of 1355)
Page:  « First « Previous   8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next »   Last »

mobteach1@*****.*** in Jackson Heights, New York

56 months ago

87 on which test ?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

mobteach1@*****.*** in Jackson Heights, New York

56 months ago

87 on which test ?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Rachael in Levittown, New York

56 months ago

Job Opportunity Specialist. For CPS I only got a 75 (list #308).

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

jdebbie26 in Richmond, New York

56 months ago

I called DCAS today 4/22/2013 and they told me that the current list number that its being called its exam number 1329. I also asked if they can give me an estimate to by when are they going to start calling exam #3340 and they said that its going to take another year.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

mobteach1@*****.*** in Jamaica, New York

56 months ago

Thanks for sharing. Could you tell me the phone # you called and their name perhaps. If they are like the NYCDOE, you call 4 times, you'll get four different answers ! :)

I took #3341

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

jdebbie26 in Richmond, New York

56 months ago

mobteach1@yahoo.com in Jamaica, New York said: Thanks for sharing. Could you tell me the phone # you called and their name perhaps. If they are like the NYCDOE, you call 4 times, you'll get four different answers ! :)

I took #3341

The number that I called is (two one two six six nine one three five seven) sorry for not putting numbers but the forum does not allow me to enter phone numbers. as soon as you hear the automated system press zero and then you would be transfer to a representative and they are going to ask you for the test that you are calling about then they would transfer you to the certification department and they would tell you the current list number. Good luck and keep me posted please !

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

mary.streb@*****.*** in Spencerport, New York

56 months ago

I worked for CPS for 10 years in upstate NY. Don't be discouraged if you didn't score huge on the test as they take the top 3 scores for interviewes. For example, the first round of interviewes will be taken from everyone who scored from 100-95, 95-90, and 90-85. There may be only a couple of people, ore none who scored 100-95 so they open it up to the next teer at 85-80. they can then choose from that entire pool.
Good luck to all of you and find a good therapist.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

mocha11 in New Jersey

56 months ago

I have read the prior post in this forum and it appears to have stopped with the communication regarding the CPS exam in NYC list in April 2011. Is there anyone with information on the status of the list they are currently calling (interviewing) from?
I took the exam 2332 in January 2012, received my list number December 2012 (almost a year later) and still waiting (#300).

I wonder how the people from earlier post are doing on the job; how they feel about the position.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

gdumble in Brooklyn, New York

56 months ago

I went to 1 Center st DCAS downtown and the clerk informed me that they will be exausting the old list at the end of the year, then they will begin calling from a new list and they may decide to combine the list 2332 and 3340 at the beginning of 2014. It didn't make complete since but it is exactly what the clerk said. Just thought I would pass on the information.

If you are ever in lower Manhattan, you can stop by and get list information on the 14th floor, certifications department at 1 Center St.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Fancynancy in Brooklyn, New York

56 months ago

I took exam 1329 in 2011, my list number is 368, everytime I call they give me dif info. I called today and they told me that the list is up to 178, a cpl of weeks aha 278, before that, that it was up to soné other Number, I believe they don't give the accurate info. I guess we just seat tight and wait

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York

55 months ago

Mocha11 in New Jersey said: I have read the prior post in this forum and it appears to have stopped with the communication regarding the CPS exam in NYC list in April 2011. Is there anyone with information on the status of the list they are currently calling (interviewing) from?
I took the exam 2332 in January 2012, received my list number December 2012 (almost a year later) and still waiting (#300).

I wonder how the people from earlier post are doing on the job; how they feel about the position.

I also took exam #2332 in January 2012. WHat was your score?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York

55 months ago

gdumble in Brooklyn, New York said: I went to 1 Center st DCAS downtown and the clerk informed me that they will be exausting the old list at the end of the year, then they will begin calling from a new list and they may decide to combine the list 2332 and 3340 at the beginning of 2014. It didn't make complete since but it is exactly what the clerk said. Just thought I would pass on the information.

If you are ever in lower Manhattan, you can stop by and get list information on the 14th floor, certifications department at 1 Center St.

Thank you so much for the info gdumble

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

gdumble in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York said: Thank you so much for the info gdumble

Sure thing.... If you get a chance, stop by and see what you can find out. I'm curious to see if they would confirm the same information that they told me or if they have a completely different response.

Again, the address is 1 Center st 14th floor certifications.

All the best to you, and let's hope they do start calling from our list at the beginning of the year.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

LindyBell9958 in Seattle, Washington

54 months ago

klott86 in Gaffney, South Carolina said: You want to take some classes or major in one of the social sciences....I majored in Social Work, a lot of people now are majoring in Social Work or psychology if they want to work in CPS.
How hard it is depends on where you want to work, I had no problem finding my first job out of college , it all depends on the need and the location of the agency.....hope this helps a little....

That's annoying that you "had no problem finding your first job." Congratulations, but it still sucks that some of us are doing everything we can to get that first job, even for me 2 years later. It doesn't exactly work like that for most of us.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Mert in Johnstown, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

I believe that I am a seasoned social worker with over 25 years of clinical experience, primarily in health/mental health settings. I am currently studying to take the LCSW exam. I have been studying the ASWB study guide. I am getting the impression that the key to passing the test is more "knowing" how to answer the questions according to the ASWB. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I live in a rural area , so attending a study group, boot camp , ect. is really not an option. Thanks for any input

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Fancynancy in Brooklyn, New York

53 months ago

Hello everyone, I just received the letter for the interview. Exam 1329 list # 368, any suggestions for the interview?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

waiting in Brooklyn, New York

52 months ago

Fancynancy in Brooklyn, New York said: Hello everyone, I just received the letter for the interview. Exam 1329 list # 368, any suggestions for the interview?

Congrats. Did you do the interview yet?, if yes how was it?..

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

findjob in North Carolina

52 months ago

I have been applying for CPS jobs like crazy. However, I never even get called for an interview. Do they tend to hire new grads in these positions? I have social work experience: case mgmt., referrals, assessments, homevisits, and group work. I live in NC. What kind of test do you have to take? I believe every state is different. I would love to work in CPS. Any thoughts??

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

waiting in Brooklyn, New York

52 months ago

You must take the CPS exam here in nyc. If you pass you will be placed on a list which will be mailed to you and then it's a waiting game to be called. So must kept yourself busy while waiting .

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York

52 months ago

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York said: I also took exam #2332 in January 2012. WHat was your score?

Yeah I did take the exam at the same time as this person... From what I gather we should be getting interviews in May 2014.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

waiting in Middle Village, New York

52 months ago

Hi snowball..
I took exam 1329 in 2011 and nothing yet. So I don't think you will be called next year when there are some of us who took the exam in 2011 and haven't heard anything about interviewing. Remember they must go through the whole list b4 going to another. There are many people like me who is waiting from test 1329.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

waiting in Middle Village, New York

52 months ago

What number are they on now. .looks like since 368 from test 1329 was called for an interview she doesn't interact on here anymore. .smh

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

waiting in Middle Village, New York

52 months ago

Snowball you took two exams?.. 1329 and 2332?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

moved on in Bogota, New Jersey

52 months ago

waiting in Middle Village, New York said: Hi snowball..
I took exam 1329 in 2011 and nothing yet. So I don't think you will be called next year when there are some of us who took the exam in 2011 and haven't heard anything about interviewing. Remember they must go through the whole list b4 going to another. There are many people like me who is waiting from test 1329.

As many others on this thread have noted, they do NOT have to interview the entire list before they kill it.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

waiting in Middle Village, New York

52 months ago

Oh really.. not according to the people from DCas. I'm going to call once more just to clarify bc that wouldn't be fair at all

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

waiting in Middle Village, New York

52 months ago

@ snowball...Smh.. I've been waiting for someone to pick up but machine keeps coming up. In any event if at all they discard a list with all these people including myself who are waiting and go to another, I think it's ridiculous b/c we paid just like everyone else. Don't you think so?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Fancynancy in Brooklyn, New York

52 months ago

@waiting
What's your list number? The reason why I ask is because that's my exam number.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York

52 months ago

findjob in North Carolina said: I have been applying for CPS jobs like crazy. However, I never even get called for an interview. Do they tend to hire new grads in these positions? I have social work experience: case mgmt., referrals, assessments, homevisits, and group work. I live in NC. What kind of test do you have to take? I believe every state is different. I would love to work in CPS. Any thoughts??

It takes a few years to get called for interviews and if you take the same exam your call date will be based on when you took the last exam, so I hope you haven't been taking the same exam numerous times. It is common to get a list number a year or more after you take an exam.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York

52 months ago

waiting in Middle Village, New York said: Hi snowball..
I took exam 1329 in 2011 and nothing yet. So I don't think you will be called next year when there are some of us who took the exam in 2011 and haven't heard anything about interviewing. Remember they must go through the whole list b4 going to another. There are many people like me who is waiting from test 1329.

Did you receive a list number? This is what gdumble said: I went to 1 Center st DCAS downtown and the clerk informed me that they will be exausting the old list at the end of the year, then they will begin calling from a new list and they may decide to combine the list 2332 and 3340 at the beginning of 2014. It didn't make complete since but it is exactly what the clerk said. Just thought I would pass on the information.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York

52 months ago

waiting in Middle Village, New York said: Snowball you took two exams?.. 1329 and 2332?

No, I only took exam 2332

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York

52 months ago

moved on in Bogota, New Jersey said: As many others on this thread have noted, they do NOT have to interview the entire list before they kill it.

Yeah unfortunately I've read this a few times.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York

52 months ago

waiting in Middle Village, New York said: What number are they on now. .looks like since 368 from test 1329 was called for an interview she doesn't interact on here anymore. .smh

what is your list number and what did you score on the exam?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York

52 months ago

waiting in Middle Village, New York said: @ snowball...Smh.. I've been waiting for someone to pick up but machine keeps coming up. In any event if at all they discard a list with all these people including myself who are waiting and go to another, I think it's ridiculous b/c we paid just like everyone else. Don't you think so?

I agree, it should be considered unlawful at the very least.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Gdumble in East Hampton, New York

52 months ago

Bmcc is offering free emt training and job placement for unemployed. If you don't have a job, then you qualify. You will need sign up for the open house soon before it closes. Wane Carey at bmcc picks up his phone during office hours and will explain more. search free job trining for emergency medical technicians ny. just thought I would throw that info out there as this acs exam is not very promising, unless you are the city of ny trying to raise revenue off of people who are looking for work!!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Fancynancy in Bethpage, New York

52 months ago

Call this number and find out The list number they are up to.‪212‑669‑2431‬

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York

52 months ago

Gdumble in East Hampton, New York said: Bmcc is offering free emt training and job placement for unemployed. If you don't have a job, then you qualify. You will need sign up for the open house soon before it closes. Wane Carey at bmcc picks up his phone during office hours and will explain more. search free job trining for emergency medical technicians ny. just thought I would throw that info out there as this acs exam is not very promising, unless you are the city of ny trying to raise revenue off of people who are looking for work!!

wow! Amazing! I'm telling some friends

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Diana in Brooklyn, New York

50 months ago

Has anyone taken/ or heard anything about the 2308 Exam (September 2011)? Any idea what list they are up to now?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Herschel K in Bronx, New York

50 months ago

Diana in Brooklyn, New York said: Has anyone taken/ or heard anything about the 2308 Exam (September 2011)? Any idea what list they are up to now?

This is only a partial answer to your question. But I think folks will be interested.

I visited the Certifications Dept. at DCAS downtown, 1 Centre St., Room 2150, last week. I asked how long till List 2348 (May-June 2012) was likely to be called. The guy behind the Plexiglas checked his computer then walked back holding up ten fingers. “Ten months?” I asked “Ten years,” he said. He explained that they’re still on List 1329, and then there are three or four lists ahead of 2348. He said they’ll draw upon a single list for up to four years; if its not exhausted by then, it expires.

I asked why they keep offering tests if the waiting time is SOOO long? He didn't know.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

BigApple in New York, New York

50 months ago

"I asked why they keep offering tests if the waiting time is SOOO long? He didn't know." That's an easy one. Like everything else, it's about revenue. Those tests are almost always full and a fee is paid for every test taken.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Charisma in Brooklyn, New York

50 months ago

Hello all! I used to work for ACS and then I left to Perdue a different career working with children. I took the ACS test in July-august 2011. So I'm just waiting. What I will say to everyone is that the academy testing is way different that the city CPs test. If u do not pass the test in the academy, u no longer work for the city. There is no redo!!!! But the trainers were so good they make sure u pass. Plus u have big books and plenty of info to learn all there is to know. So pay attention and u will be fine.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

Herschel K in Bronx, New York said: This is only a partial answer to your question. But I think folks will be interested.

I visited the Certifications Dept. at DCAS downtown, 1 Centre St., Room 2150, last week. I asked how long till List 2348 (May-June 2012) was likely to be called. The guy behind the Plexiglas checked his computer then walked back holding up ten fingers. “Ten months?” I asked “Ten years,” he said. He explained that they’re still on List 1329, and then there are three or four lists ahead of 2348. He said they’ll draw upon a single list for up to four years; if its not exhausted by then, it expires.

I asked why they keep offering tests if the waiting time is SOOO long? He didn't know.

It can't be 10 years! the turn over rate for CPS workers are too high. He meant 10 months

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Herschel K in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York said: It can't be 10 years! the turn over rate for CPS workers are too high. He meant 10 months

I wish I thought you were right. But you only have to look back in this forum to see that they've been on List 1329 for months and months--I believe since January 2012. And they're still on it. Some of the lists after that are huge. The process moves crazy slow.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

John887 in Sunnyside, New York

49 months ago

Herschel K in Bronx, New York said: I wish I thought you were right. But you only have to look back in this forum to see that they've been on List 1329 for months and months--I believe since January 2012. And they're still on it. Some of the lists after that are huge. The process moves crazy slow.

I been on the waiting list (1329) for the last two years. im 459 ...and nothing. Quick question. How do you know when the city is trying to inform you on a job interview? Do they send a letter to your home? A phone call? An E-mail?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Rachael in Levittown, New York

49 months ago

I honestly think it's a good thing imo that I have to wait longer, because I'm pregnant and my husband and I plan on having me stay home until they're school age. I actually just heard back (finally) about my Job Opportunity specialist exam list number. Here's my question-- if I'm called for an interview before I'm ready to go back to work, can I delay it somehow? if so, anyone know how long?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

christina in East Rockaway, New York

49 months ago

You won't have to delay it...trust me. I took the exam in July 2010 and am still waiting. I don't expect it to be anytime soon. Since that time, I've taken a position as a Claims Investigator and I love my job, thank goodness.

The sad reality is that these tests are offered very frequently in order to raise revenue for the city/state. Since there are so many people waiting to be called, my advice is to take the opportunity when your number comes up. But I don't think they'll be calling for a very long time... GOOD LUCK! :)

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

KPC in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

49 months ago

I took the exam in April 2011 and I was #10 on the list. I was called in in January 2012 and Started academy in February 2012. The point is I was hired and trained in under a year from taking the exam. I left ACS 2 months ago and now work in Milwaukee CPS. I really liked my ACS job, I worked in the Hospital/Sex Abuse unit in the Bronx, and it was good work and good people.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

christina in East Rockaway, New York

49 months ago

KPC, from the looks of this forum, you are the exception to the rule...

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

christina in East Rockaway, New York

49 months ago

Let me revise my previous statement. I took the test in July 2011...not 2010 as I stated earlier. Since that time, I've learned that there were over 850 applicants from the April 2011 exam and as such, they are still interviewing from that exam. As I understand it, they need to exhaust the entire list before moving onto the next. So the April 2011 test takers got pretty lucky; however all test takers since that time have been waiting...

Good luck to everyone. My advice is to move on with your life. Don't depend on getting called to pay the bills...

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

KPC in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

49 months ago

I am not though I think the first 50 or so from my list were in my interview pool.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Snowball25 in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

KPC in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: I took the exam in April 2011 and I was #10 on the list. I was called in in January 2012 and Started academy in February 2012. The point is I was hired and trained in under a year from taking the exam. I left ACS 2 months ago and now work in Milwaukee CPS. I really liked my ACS job, I worked in the Hospital /Sex Abuse unit in the Bronx, and it was good work and good people.

what was your test score an list number?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.