Do you have to be licensed after you get the MSW??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

BrownEyez71 in Lyndhurst, New Jersey

39 months ago

After receiving the MSW, do you need to be licensed to be able to work? I live in NJ. What do you need to be licensed? Is it a test?

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Always Sunny in San Antonio, Texas

39 months ago

No one told you about being licensed? I guess it is practical (and more money) if you are going to be practicing with people. It depends on the job you want. If its a social servicejob-most likely! It is per state so call your NJ state social work licensing board and find out when and where. Know your theories inside and out and how to apply them and alot of DSM IV. I haven't graduated yet but there must be a study guide for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angelize in NYC, New York

39 months ago

BrownEyez71 in Lyndhurst, New Jersey said: After receiving the MSW, do you need to be licensed to be able to work? I live in NJ. What do you need to be licensed? Is it a test?

Thank you!

Social workers in most states must have a license - most agencies will not hire you with out one. How did you get your MSW with out even hearing about this?
Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BrownEyez71 in Lyndhurst, New Jersey

39 months ago

I didnt receive it yet, i am only inquiring if you need to be licensed. Thank you everyone.

futuregradstudent in Farmington, Michigan

19 months ago

If I am a macro social worker who wants to pursue a career in higher education administration, do I need a license in social work? I have a MSW, but I have no interest in clinical services.

SWTP in Los Angeles, California

19 months ago

It's a test. Details at aswb.org. Test prep at socialworktestprep.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.