Jobs/Internships to gain experince in the Field while getting degree

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

granolagirl in Tallahassee, Florida

47 months ago

Hi. I'm currently an undergrad studying Sociology, French and Spanish, and I plan on going to grad school to get my MSW. I was wondering what types of jobs and internships should I look for to gain relevant experience in the field that would help me get into grad school and get a good job. I'm currently volunteering crisis counseling/information and referrals hotlines (211, for example). Thanks for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

socialwkr in Missouri

47 months ago

granolagirl in Tallahassee, Florida said: Hi. I'm currently an undergrad studying Sociology, French and Spanish, and I plan on going to grad school to get my MSW. I was wondering what types of jobs and internships should I look for to gain relevant experience in the field that would help me get into grad school and get a good job. I'm currently volunteering crisis counseling/information and referrals hotlines (211, for example). Thanks for your help.

Hi granolagirl......you would definitely want to pursue areas of interests that you have. That is what a lot of social work programs want to see for their applicants because there is no right or wrong thing. Social work is broad and there are many populations you can work with. It is great you are volunteering now........volunteerism is a BIG positive for social work schools. It shows you care and already have basic experience with dealing with crisis intervention.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.