This is an unparalleled opportunity to expand your horizons by working closely with indigenous communities in remote locations and new and challenging situations. You will need respect and tolerance of people and cultures; excellent communication skills; ability to look at the ‘big picture’; ability to analyse complex issues. The diversity of the population and the physical environment may be different from what you are used to. However it is also a great job where you can contribute to improving the quality of life for children and families.
Successful applicants will enjoy the following:
• Excellent base salary
• Prearranged housing for initial three months
• Relocation Expenses paid - including flights and moving/shipping costs
• Six weeks paid vacation
• Employer sponsored work visa
Representatives from the Northern Territory of Australia and HCL Social Care will be hosting JOB INTERVIEWS in various Canadian locations in October. HCL Social Care will be collecting, pre-screening and processing applications ahead of their arrival to Canada. The Australian hiring managers are looking for the following:
• Any degree in Social Work or a Human Services discipline
• Minimum two (2) years post-graduate experience in child protection/welfare (must have)
• Consent to have a current Police check completed
• Current Driver's License
• And most importantly, you have experience of or the ability to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. You have respect and tolerance of people and cultures; excellent communication skills; ability to look at the ‘big picture’; ability to analyse complex issues. You should also demonstrate awareness of the Australian Government Intervention/Northern Territory Emergency Response.
If you would like to be considered for a position in Australia, please email your
resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.