Social Work in Australia?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Elizabeth Munoz, LCSW in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

Hello I am interested in the positions in Australia and was told there would be some webinars coming up during the week of August 23rd. How can I find more information about these informational sessions? (i.e. the date and how to log on.)

Thank you,

Elizabeth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ryan Robinson in Toronto, Ontario

44 months ago

Elizabeth Munoz, LCSW in Los Angeles, California said: Hello I am interested in the positions in Australia and was told there would be some webinars coming up during the week of August 23rd. How can I find more information about these informational sessions? (i.e. the date and how to log on.)

Thank you,

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

Yes you're correct we have upcoming informational webinars on August 24th at three different times. If you or anyone else is interested in receiveing an invite please send you resume to ryan.robinson@hclsocialcare.ca

Due to limited online seating we are only inviting elegible candidates.

Feel free to eail me if you have any questions at all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Toronto, Ontario

43 months ago

This is an unparalleled opportunity to expand your horizons by working closely with indigenous communities in remote locations and new and challenging situations. You will need respect and tolerance of people and cultures; excellent communication skills; ability to look at the ‘big picture’; ability to analyse complex issues. The diversity of the population and the physical environment may be different from what you are used to. However it is also a great job where you can contribute to improving the quality of life for children and families.

Successful applicants will enjoy the following:

• Excellent base salary
• Prearranged housing for initial three months
• Relocation Expenses paid - including flights and moving/shipping costs
• Six weeks paid vacation
• Employer sponsored work visa

Representatives from the Northern Territory of Australia and HCL Social Care will be hosting JOB INTERVIEWS in various Canadian locations in October. HCL Social Care will be collecting, pre-screening and processing applications ahead of their arrival to Canada. The Australian hiring managers are looking for the following:

Key Criteria:

• Any degree in Social Work or a Human Services discipline
• Minimum two (2) years post-graduate experience in child protection/welfare (must have)
• Consent to have a current Police check completed
• Current Driver's License
• And most importantly, you have experience of or the ability to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. You have respect and tolerance of people and cultures; excellent communication skills; ability to look at the ‘big picture’; ability to analyse complex issues. You should also demonstrate awareness of the Australian Government Intervention/Northern Territory Emergency Response.

If you would like to be considered for a position in Australia, please email your
resume and a brief cover letter to careers@hclsocialcare.ca.

Ryan in Toronto, Ontario

43 months ago

We now have a recording of our previously broadcasted information webinar regarding upcoming opportunities in the Australian Northern Territory.

link to webinar: www.hclsocialcare.com/australiawebinar/

Enjoy

I would appreciate any feedback

Thanks

Ryan Robibson
Recruitment Consultant
HCL Social Care International
ryan.robinson@hclsocialcare.ca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Recruited to Darwin in Melbourne, Australia

27 months ago

For Canadians and Americans I would advise not stepping foot into Australia until you have your 47es (extended stay) visa. This is the only visa that will get you medicare. You may be told travel insurance is ok but you are not travelling and Australia is a private/public system. I am from Ontario and even though we are paying 250 a month for insurance it only covers $15 of a $75 doctors visit on a 457 visa.

Recruited to Darwin in Melbourne, Australia

27 months ago

Plus the police check you must get is an RCMP police check (for Canadians)

sparrow in Baltimore, Maryland

27 months ago

I just found this thread. A few years ago, my husband and I tried to migrate to Australia (Queensland) from the US. I was accepted as a qualified social worker by the ASWB and he was accepted by TRA in his field (HVAC-R). But as we submitted our online visa application, we were blocked by a freeze on skilled migration visas. I joined an online group for American expats in Australia filled with advice on the visa process. The advice at the time was, "sorry, you're not going to get a visa until the economy recovers."

Any tips on getting there, getting visas, and getting hired?

27 months ago

I just found this thread. A few years ago my husband and I tried to migrate to Australia (preferably Queensland) from US. I was accepted as a qualified social worker through ASWB and he was accepted by TRA in his field (HVAC-R). Then, as we submitted our online visa application, we were blocked by a freeze on skilled migration. At the time I joined an online group of American expats in Australia who advised me that there would simply be no visas unless sponsored until the economy recovered.

Any tips on getting there and getting jobs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Sorry, I meant I was accepted as a qualified social worker by AASW (ASWB is an American organization, I mis-typed)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.