Social Work in South Africa

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (551 to 600 of 625)
Page:  « First « Previous   9  10  11  12  13  Next »   Last »

tikiyana in London, United Kingdom

37 months ago

Dube in London, United Kingdom said: Sisi believe me or not I have been a Social worker for 112 years in England ,I get paid very ,very well but what and happly married .Its not about the money money money in social work ,its about passion and its more of a calling to be a Social Worker.After all in the UK ,money comes with expieriance ,record of achievement etc not simple because you"ve got a Hons/Masters.Most of the times your Foregin experience is even invalid in the UK .The fact that their are so many carear Risks in practising social work in Endlang is true .I not trying to scare anyone of taking opportunities or what so ever but all I am saying is if you come in with money on your mind then you will fall very vey quickly with missery .I just been interviewing new students as I am an experienced Social work in one of the Yorkshire Universities for sept 2011.The guidelines to us on the panel to even follow for new entrants are very very strict. While being optimistic is good I am only trying to shade reality on facts on the ground.

Hi Dube,
Having read your threads ,I was wondering whether you would assist me by having a look at my job applicationsI'm a NQSW struggling to get through too short listing.I would appreciate some feedback and advice?

Or if there is anyone else who would be willing to assist Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tikiyana in London, United Kingdom

37 months ago

Hi there all
I'm a NQSW struggling with the limited newly qualified positions .I would appreciate if there was anyone willing to have a look at some of the applications I am submitting whether I am meeting the job spec??I know my experience is weak as well which is a contributing factor but having done the 200 day placement one would have thought this would be sufficient Getting depressed please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vishnu Priya in Delhi, India

36 months ago

Sir,

I am doing my last semester, which will be completed by April 2012, with Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi as a regular M.A. (Social Work) student. My specialization is Counseling. I hv worked with prominent NGOs; community development programmes, with AIDs affected children, Tihar Jail inmates, street children etc. etc. as part of my Graduation (B.A. Social Work at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Dehi) & MSW.

I am very much interested to work, after my P.G., as a social worker or its related jobs work with Govt NGOs/ or any other organization in Delhi (India)/abroad, who conduct such type of work.

I request you to kindly provide me proper guidance for getting a social work or related jobs in India or Abroad i.e. U.K., USA etc.

Rgrds

Vishnu Priya
vijaykarumady@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mnyangorpm in Pretoria, South Africa

36 months ago

social work jobs with reputable industry in south africa e-mail your cv to socialworkjobs68@yahoo.com

thamie in South Africa

36 months ago

hi guyz i would be happy if sumone could help me get an agency that could help me get a job in london as a social worker my facebook name is nomathamsanqa kha
thanks

mpumi in South Africa

35 months ago

i have 2years experience as a social worker in south africa and would like 2 work in the uk... What is the process of moving there and how long does it take?

Sihle in Port Elizabeth, South Africa

35 months ago

Hi

I completed my Bachelor in Social work last year and i am looking for a post preferably in NGOs in the Eastern Cape. I have already registerd at the SACSSP and have received a scanned copy of my certificate (posted certificate will come later). After i get experience(at least 1 year) i would like to go and work abroad (in the UK or Netherlands) but every job offer i was interested in is a scam. To those that are there already, how did you get to go abroad? please help.

Thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Louis in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

35 months ago

Bienkie in Parow, South Africa said: Hi there

Social Work in South Africa is really difficult seeing that it is mainly developmental and that there is not much opportunity for therapeutic work. Does anyone has a colleague or know somebody from SA that is currently working in your country ? Would love to hear what route they took to get there!

Hello Bienkie in Parow,
Thanks for your replies, as they were very informative. I am uncertain if you still review posts on this site because it's been over 3-4 years since your last apparent post. Anyway, I am considering moving to CT, SA soon but was advised to firt obtain a job and apply for a working visa instead of a visitor visa. My profession is social work and I read somewhere in another of your posts that you know someone who's been in the profession for 20+ years. Could you please stir me in the right direction or assist me with networking? Thanks so much!

Bienkie in Basildon, United Kingdom

35 months ago

Hi Louis

I have moved to the UK the end of 2009, mainly to do SW here in the UK. Reason being that I felt that I had limited opportunities workwise in SA. SW in SA is very different than in developed countries (in my opinion). You have to be a "jack of all trades" doing a little bit of everything. I can however also be rewarding I believe. Unfortunately money IS a factor and when I left I could no longer survive on the salary I was paid. Do you research before going to SA - a good starting point is: www.careers24.com Jobs are advertised on this website. A lot of the jobs will not be advertised and it may be worthwhile to contact organisations directly. SW in SA is mainly done by the Government and then the NGO - Non-profit organisations/charities who are doing SW. I believe it would be difficult to get a position as a SW in Government. An NGO may be easier, but also difficult. The main NGO's in SA is the ACVV (do a search on them on Google) and The Child and Welfare Society, there is also Badisa. A lot of the NGO's are linked to faith denominations so that is something to keep in mind. I would also think that you should first get your registration with the Council sorted as it would be illegal to employ you if you are not yet registered as a SW. Once that is done, I would recommend you to learn the Child Care Act in SA as most of the organisations would do statutory work and it would be required of you to have a good working knowledge of the Child Care Act. Also, depending on where you are based in SA, some will require you to have a certain language skill eg. Afrikaans, Xhosa etc.I find it interesting to hear from people from USA or other countries wanting to come to SA to do SW. I think another way to get "exposure" to the SA way of doing things is to come and work with a charity/outreach group for a year and to get a first hand look at how things really are. Once you have that exposure, you will also be able to make an informed decision.

35 months ago

mpumi in South Africa said: i have 2years experience as a social worker in south africa and would like 2 work in the uk... What is the process of moving there and how long does it take?

You need to be able to get a working permit based on points before you would be able to come to the UK. They are making it increasingly difficult for people to come and I think it is very expensive for SA to be able to come.
1. Make sure you will get a working permit www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier2/general/
2. Get yourself registered with the GSCC
3. Write a good CV for the UK
4. Go on to www.communitycare.co.uk
5. Also look at council websites - they also recruit on their websites www.direct.gov.uk

Having said that, they do want you to have more than 2 years working experience, the more the better. It is definitely possible to come to the UK but I think is a long term planning issue. Start doing things like getting your passport and unabridged birth certificate. If you need more info just ask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mihlali in Satellite Provider

35 months ago

Hi,this is for my fellow S.A social workers who r alrdy abroad.Aftr gtng a job dt side how dz da accomodation and travelling fare go abt?Tnx

Louis in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

35 months ago

Hello Bienkie,
Congratulations on your career advancement. I hope you're enjoying the transition...(and better pay/work load). Hey listen, thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to reply to all of the inquiries, including mine. The extensive information you provided was very, very helpful. Regarding making an informed decision, I couldn't agree with you more my friend. I have searched for charity/outreach groups but couldn't locate any; except for Cape Town Child Welfare Agency, but the posted volunteer position had already expired. I will continue to research opportunities. Oh and by the way, what would be the median/average "enumeration" for a SW salary in SA? I am certain that I wouldn't receive the comparable or competitive wages (my last salary was US- $35k w/ a BSW degree)that are offered here in the US but that's not imperative for my lifestyle. However, I do need to meet my basic needs and enjoy some leisure activities and peace of mind. Feel free to PM at imrishaw13 y.a.h.o.o! Thanks again.

Mmaphefo Molefe in Kagiso,South Africa in Bellville, South Africa

34 months ago

what the subject do you qualified for to do social worker and the average of the subject because is my dream and passion.

FAITH MASEMOLA in Heidelberg, South Africa

34 months ago

I WANT TO BE A SOCIAL WORKER BUT AM NOT SURE WERE TO STUDY IT SO MY PLEASE IS WERE CN I STUDY SOCIAL WORK ANY ADVICE FOR A FINISHED MATRIC LEARNER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Enita in Pretoria, South Africa

34 months ago

@ Faith: You can apply at any university, that I know of, including Unisa, where I am doing my Social Work degree. Unisa is distance learning, so you can study and work at the same time if you can't afford to study full-time. It is also cheaper to study through them than attending a full-time university. Applications for next year at Unisa opens the 26th of March.

Wishing you all the best!

34 months ago

Hi

I am currently working as a therapy social worker at Childline and i have been there for a month now. Is there anyone working as a social worker in the Netherlands? Is it as strict in terms of experience to get jobs in Netherlands than in UK and/or US? Where can you start looking because some websites are scams?
Thanx

Bienkie in Johannesburg, South Africa

33 months ago

erica Kleinhans in Germiston, South Africa said: HI YOU GUYS OUT THERE. i AM A SOCIAL WORKER CURRENTLY WORKING IN Gauteg,BUT IS LOOKING FOR A POSITION BACK HOME IN THE WESTERN CAPE. DO YOU KNOW OF ANNY VACANCIES. THANKS . ERICA

hei Bienkie i woul like to talk with someone about social worker i doing grade 12 this year

33 months ago

Hi Erica

There was a position advertised in Mosselbaai ACVV a while back. I saw it on www.careers24.com

Jonny Moloto in Fietas, South Africa

33 months ago

Good Morning

I want to raise the issues relating to social workers and their concerns. Matters relating to Doctors, Nurses and teachers are always deliberated in depth and we leave out another most important profession, Social work. The country is faced with poverty, unemployment, abuse, hunger and many other social problems and social workers are leading the struggle. It is sad that the majority of social workers are complaining in their offices due to not having their own labour movement. The challenges facing social workers go beyond challenges like poor salaries, high caseloads, OSD and poor working conditions.

According to my opinion social workers need to redefine their roles within communities. The perception of communities need to change about the contribution of social workers. The perception will change if the social workers can start by focusing on improving services and help communities. The policies and Acts done to fight against social problems will not succeed without social workers. If we can reach a state where the community value our contribution and we are respected then we can focus on other challenges like OSD and poor salaries.

Currently there is a structure called SASW (South African Social Workers association) that is striving to promote the profession and fight against challenges facing social workers.

On the 13th March 2012 we celebrated world Social work day and people don’t know about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thamie in Germany

33 months ago

hi bienkie my name is thamie from south africa durban well im still a student studying social work about to finish i want to go work in the uk as well and thinking of doing voulanteer wrk to gain experiance i knw a little abt the gscc bt i would like to keep close ties with u since u have been throug the whole process grl please invire me on facebook im nomathamsanqa khambule thanks in advance

33 months ago

Hi all.

I would like to give you this information that i got from the internet about scams when i was in search of jobs in the UK. Please have a look at the info before you decide on anything. All the best in your job hunting.

Job offers
•Genuine UK companies are registered and can be checked on www.companieshouse.gov.uk
•Anyone approached about a ‘UK’ job should phone the ‘company’ in the UK.
•Genuine UK companies would not give a mobile telephone number for contact details.
•UK company addresses can be checked on www.upmystreet.co.uk
•Most genuine UK companies would not use a "hotmail or yahoo" email account.
•The British Government does not send unsolicited emails with job offers, either directly or through agents. Any such approach is therefore from a fraudster. Government vacancies are advertised on our official websites, in the UK on www.careers.civil-service.gov.uk.
•Beware – some "job scams" are very sophisticated. Genuine UK company web-sites may be detailed within the scam, but the contact email details will be false. They may detail the genuine company name, but at the wrong address – for example: genuine website –www.ukvisas.gov.uk, but false contact details: ukvisas@hotmail.co.uk
•Beware – some job scams fraudulently use the names and job titles of genuine High Commission staff. A genuine email from an official member of staff will always be from our official service provider - @fco.gov.uk It would never be from a "hotmail or yahoo" type email account.
•Be prepared to undertake some general research in to UK jobs, terms & conditions of employment. Think about the credibility of any job offer that you have received. For example, a monthly salary of £4,000, plus benefits of free car at your disposal, free health insurance, free accommodation, free food, free flights for self & family members, plus generous annual leave entitlements, etc is simply not credible. UK employers simply do not offer these terms and conditions.

33 months ago

.......continuation

•Think about your "recruitment procedure". Very few genuine UK companies would offer a job by email. Genuine companies have a rigorous selection procedure, which would normally involve a face-to-face interview.
•How were you contacted by the UK company? If you happened to meet an employee in an internet chat-room, who subsequently offered you employment, then this is very likely to be a fraudulent offer.

Visa Fees and Procedures
•Current UK visa fees are published on the VFS website www.vfs-uk-za.com.
•Information & guidance on application procedures are published on www.vfs-uk-za.com
•Neither the British High Commission nor any of its staff would ever ask you for payment of fees directly. Visa fees are paid at VFS where all applications are lodged. There are no "additional visa fees".
•The UK government does not administer or charge for "additional services" such as Travel Insurance, Health Screening checks, Police checks, Home Land Security checks, etc. Any such charges are indicators of fraud.

What do you do if you have received a scam email?
•You should not pay any money
•You should not have any further contact with them. It might be tempting to enter in to a dialogue with these people, however you should not. These people are professional criminals; they will seek to exploit you. Even if you do not pay them any money, they might seek to steal or abuse your identity. Your best defence against these people is to ignore them and delete any emails that you have received from them.

silver in Ghana

33 months ago

hi am also looking for job there but a friend of me was there she give me the lawyer of the president email i email him and he find me work but i will start next year becuase i have not fenish my degree you can email him your cv to here lawyer at presidency dot c o m

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ntokozo in Satellite Provider

32 months ago

What is the monthly salary for a social worker in South africa @ this present time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

tlhogi in Mmabatho, South Africa

31 months ago

hey where should i get the bussary of social work , because m studying the social work now, in north west university please your help will mean a lot to me as a social work student. thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tgal mfama in Cape Town, South Africa

31 months ago

please guyz help me i want to study social worker but i dont know where to go because uwc rejected me and i dnt know if there is any college here in capetown where can i go and study my dream career if you know guyz please inform me. am scared to learn it in unisa because am still young for distance learnung help me guyz i want to a social worker. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

deborah in Pretoria, South Africa

31 months ago

Bienkie in Parow, South Africa said: Hi there

Social Work in South Africa is really difficult seeing that it is mainly developmental and that there is not much opportunity for therapeutic work. Does anyone has a colleague or know somebody from SA that is currently working in your country ? Would love to hear what route they took to get there!

I am working in a therapy unit in South Africa mainly in the African communities. It is difficult as the people are not used to therapy and do not come for follow up seesions. There is a need for therapy but people are not motivated to attend therapy sessions. I am thinking of moving to a different field maybe a hospital environment as the people are always available.

Leana, PE in Cape Town, South Africa

29 months ago

Loame in Cape Town, South Africa said: Speaking Afrikaans would be absolutely necessary. It is like someone coming to the UK who cannot speak English. Your work will be a lot more difficult.

I disagree with the comment left that afrikaans is essential.Alot of social workers practising in South Africa can only speak english!It's always beneficial to speak another langauge but not a must!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Thomaz in South Africa

29 months ago

Replying to the Afrikaans post

Afrikaans is an adopted language in south africa... kindly take history classes...

Regards

29 months ago

hi everyone out there!

well, i think yes it's good to know more languages such as the one that most social workers think is previllage to know it, which is afrikaans, but from my pespective view, i disagree about afrikanns, because most social workers it's a must for them to communicate with the clients with english, so please it's not a must to know the afrikaans.

Maria G in New York, New York

29 months ago

I plan to move to Johannesburg in the next year or two after completing my MSW in clinical SW as part of my church. Being that my education is in NY, what is the best way to go about getting a job there after completing my degree. I will be working with Trauma with individuals and families.

Maria Garcia

29 months ago

Maria G in New York, New York said: I plan to move to Johannesburg in the next year or two after completing my MSW in clinical SW as part of my church. Being that my education is in NY, what is the best way to go about getting a job there after completing my degree. I will be working with Trauma with individuals and families.

Maria Garcia

Firstly, you have to register with the SACSSP (South African Council of Social Services Profesions,www.sacssp.co.za). Without the registration, you won't get any jobs, as it is a requirement for any SW job to be registered with the council. This will take (supposedly) 6-8 weeks, but it takes more like 3 months. Then you just search on the internet for jobs on sites like wwww.jobmail.com, www.jobrapido.com, www.careerjunction.com. Or just Google it :)

29 months ago

well i am the registed student in north west university, so i am just worried about the work or job, how am i gonna obtain the job after compliting my studies, so please i think i need some advise. because now its my first year.

thank you!

Shaneel in Cheongju, Korea, Republic of

28 months ago

Hi,

I have a BA degree majoring in Psychology and Sociology. I'm interested in the social work/psychology field. With psychology one has to study for a couple of more years and I feel I'm getting nowhere slowly! I saw courses for social auxiliary work, and was thinking of applying to do this when I get back to SA, and then a yr later furthering my Psychology part time. My question though, are there jobs available for social auxiliary workers, or is it again, get the certificate and then sit at home with no work available.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ntokozo Magagula in Durban, South Africa

28 months ago

Am a first year student at the university of kwazulu natal in south africa and i would like to know what is the salary range for social workers in south africa? my email Ntokozomagagula@ymail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

macy in Johannesburg, South Africa

27 months ago

Tamara in Windhoek, Namibia said: Hi there, I have enjoyed the chat sessions and they have been very helpful. Somebody kindly help me out, I am currently working in Namibia in the department of Child welfare for a year now but would love to cast my net wide and test the waters in S.A. At the moment am busy with registration with SACSSP and am certain I will be done with everything by November this year. How can I assert myself to get a job as a qualified social worker preferably in Gauteng province? I have heard that social workers are under paid in S.A. but can anyone help to give rough figures like is it between R10,000 - R15,000? and what are the possibilities of getting in to the NGO world? By the way I am a Zambian national with Dip. Edu from the University of Nhrumah and BA SW from the Unviversity of Namibia. I would be very grateful is someone helped me by connecting me to any agent that can make my dream materialise.

Hi Tamara
To be honest social workers are underpaid in SA, Approximately how much is it paying in Namibia? In South Africa from NGO's you can earn between R7000 to R11 000

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Macy Senatle in Pretoria, South Africa

27 months ago

Dear All

I'm a social worker and have been practising from January. Can anyone advice where i can search for employment. I'm currently working for an NGO but most of them have financial problems and the Dept of Social Dev can also not afford to employ because of lack of funds. It is quite challenging because although social worker is regarded as a scarse skill there are no jobs for us and most of my friends from the university do not have jobs. i'm a bit discouraged because I search for jobs almost everyday on the internet and apply whenever i see a position available, however I believe the challenge is that there are few positions and many people looking for jobs. Colleagues please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

crystal in Europe

27 months ago

Hello Colleagues!

I'm in need of your assistance. I'm a unemployed social worker. I'm in need of a job and i'm willing to relocate to any provimce in South Africa.

joe maganga in Johannesburg, South Africa

27 months ago

yah true dat Beinkie especialy this yr social work jobs are scarce in south africa and my advice to Cleopatra is dat if its only about the weather pliz jus stay ther or move to Aus or anwher else coz remuneration in S.A is low as compred to other jobs

Bienkie in Robertsbridge, United Kingdom

27 months ago

Child Protection Social Workers (9285) Darwin, Australia
Salary: AUD60000 - AUD83000 per annum + benefits
We are currently recruiting for numerous Social Workers / Case Workers / Senior Practitioners to work in the Northern Territory, Australia for various teams. This includes the intake team, long term team and Mobile Child Protection team. There are also roles available in Darwin, Katherine, Alice Springsand Gove as well as more rural locations. We have positions for 6 month contracts as well as permanent opportunities.

GO TO WWW.SEEK.COM.AU and search for Social Work or Child protection positions.

Sponsorship is also available for successful applicants!

To be eligible for these positions you will need a Degree level qualification in a relevant field along with extensive child protection experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bienkie in Robertsbridge, United Kingdom

27 months ago

Hi everyone

It has been a while since I posted here - I really just want to encourage all your Social Workers in SA. If you really want to work overseas you will have to make a commitment and plan, plan plan! It IS difficult to get work in the UK and Aus but not impossible! I honestly feel for you in SA - since I started working here in the UK I can honestly say I enjoy my job!!! And I get a decent salary as well.

First try and get as much statutory experience as possible - UK would want at least two years and Aus three years. Then get your passport and documents ready in order to get your degree verified or accredited in order to register either in the UK or Aus. And then, try and borrow money or save in order to come for interviews. I really believe any SA Social worker with two to three years stat experience should be able to get a position as SW.

Hang in there - and keep on trying and dreaming!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

getrude in Cape Town, South Africa

26 months ago

For those sstudying social work and would like to see how life is in the professional workd of social work or to have discussions around some topics affecting social workers please read mhy blog MindOfASocialWorker at www.moretogetty.blog.com

26 months ago

For those studying social work and would like to see how life is in the professional world of social work or to have discussions around some topics affecting social workers please read my blog MindOfASocialWorker at www.moretogetty.blog.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gugu in Durban, South Africa

25 months ago

Dube in London, United Kingdom said: Sisi believe me or not I have been a Social worker for 112 years in England ,I get paid very ,very well but what and happly married .Its not about the money money money in social work ,its about passion and its more of a calling to be a Social Worker.After all in the UK ,money comes with expieriance ,record of achievement etc not simple because you"ve got a Hons/Masters.Most of the times your Foregin experience is even invalid in the UK .The fact that their are so many carear Risks in practising social work in Endlang is true .I not trying to scare anyone of taking opportunities or what so ever but all I am saying is if you come in with money on your mind then you will fall very vey quickly with missery .I just been interviewing new students as I am an experienced Social work in one of the Yorkshire Universities for sept 2011.The guidelines to us on the panel to even follow for new entrants are very very strict. While being optimistic is good I am only trying to shade reality on facts on the ground.

wow this is good to hear and encouraging. am still a studnt through unisa doing my second year. they say i can get a job even at 2nd year after i haver registered with sacc.. (council)is that true

gugu Makhubu in Pretoria, South Africa

25 months ago

Hi

after being registered with SA Council can you get a job as maybe social work assistante or something. am doing my second and third year with UNisa

Assist

Gugu

25 months ago

Yes, as long as you are registered as an auxiliary worker, which you can do in your second year, you can work as an auxiliary worker. This is basically an assistant of some sort. As an auxiliary you can get a (small) salary, but have somewhat limited abilities to what you are allowed to do. Register as soon as possible as a student social worker if you are planning on becoming a social worker, because then you are allowed to do more things, like court reports.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

TB in Johannesburg, South Africa

23 months ago

Hi there,am considering a change in career to Social Work and am in the process of registering with Unisa.Don't know if anyone can help me here,I wanted to know how long the workshops that u attend as part of the practicals are?When during the year do they take place
?What else is involved in the practical component of BA SW at Unisa(ecspecially in 1st yr)?Are jobs in SW flexible(as in can you work fewer than 5 days a week if you want to)?I am currently employed and work 5 dys a week and am trying to establish if I would need to take leave now and again in order to complete the pratical component.Am considering to take the theory and practicals 2/3 yrs from now to complete 1st yr...Jst out of interest,does Social Work and Corporate Social Investment share something in common(as in do ppl involved in CSI need SW qualification))?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Please check out my blog called MindOfASocialWorker www.moretogetty.blog.com if yiu are interested in scoial work with children, residential social work in South Africa. Leave me a comment it will be appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maditsane in Maseru, Lesotho

20 months ago

Rebecca in Stellenbosch, South Africa said: you need to apply both for NGOs or gov.So how's Lesotho, I would love to work there in coming years or complete my masters there?
Good luck

hi
i studied social work in lesotho and graduated 3yrs ago,to ur surprise most of us are still unemployed. I tried registering with counci of sa but it takes foreva. Can any1 help me with the route to get abroad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cdilayi@webmail.co.za in Roodepoort, South Africa

18 months ago

Hello!

Im newly qualified social worker from Johannesburg West in Roodepoort. I am Registered by SACSSP. I'm currently working in the Drug and Rehabilitation centre. I am working for 15 hours a day. I'm looking for another job so as to get another experience anywhere. I'm willing to relocate at anytime soon. email me: cdilayi@webmail.co.za or calvingman@webmail.co.za

Thank you!

Page:  « First « Previous   9  10  11  12  13  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.