Working in the UK

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Alice Moe in Louisiana

58 months ago


I received my BSW in the US and have worked for non profits and child protection. I am looking at working in the UK; however I would need sponsorship from an organization to receive a work permit. Any tips/experiences with getting visa sponsorship in the UK? I know I need to get registered with the GSCC before applying for jobs.

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sheila in Toronto, Ontario

57 months ago

Hello Alice,

I recently just came back from working in the UK for the last two years. There are a lot of work within child protection and no much work within non-profits. Previous experience within child protection would definitely help in getting sponsorship. I would suggest you approach a recruitment agency for social care and request them to have a look over your resume for you and see what they would recommend you do from there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.